PDA

View Full Version : PSU gives birth to poor people.

unicorn
Dec 11, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'm tired of hearing about people getting what they want, yet alone seeing screenshots of it. It makes me depressed, and very envious.

Its a shame that PSU forces its players into either wealth or poverty - and you have no choice. Those with money always get the best items, although sometimes questionable, it all comes down to one thing : luck.

I don't believe that Photon-luck crap. ST pre-determines your luck the moment you sign up, and it remains that way until you get banned for scamming someone of their rarz. Choo came out of PSU's womb as a poor person, and you will go out that way.

I've spent 1,000 hours into this game and I have nothing to show for those 1,000 hours. Sure, it might not be near the highest amount of time spent into a game, but hey, I actually have a life. Players in their 2004--- IDs have out-done me in the equipment department. That is depressing.

Ima go run a mission for a ---th time, while someone else gets rares in their first single-digit-ish runs.

ThEoRy
Dec 11, 2007, 04:54 PM
yeah it happens. It'll happen to you too.

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
First online RPG, huh?

blkbeast
? ok? im confused im not poor or rich but im only at bout 800 hours...
is my stuff good idk single digit sranks no 50%...anything but i enjoy tha game...regaurd-less of my wealth or poverty...dnt you?
Oh and i have a life too...
yea is dis your 1st rpg?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blkbeast on 2007-12-11 13:56 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Oh Woo Woo, child.

You just need a hug.

ZeroVer01
Dec 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
Eh... it is all luck, I spent my first 1200 hours with my best item being a mid 20 % 9*. I did not get much luck until after that. The only other thing I can think of is that if you want money, you just have to have some good business strategies, and farm certain materials.

unicorn
On 2007-12-11 13:55, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
First online RPG, huh?

I've played PSO, and I never had this sort of problem.

Hank
you must be on the pc servers.

Benegesserit
Dec 11, 2007, 05:04 PM
I played WoW for 3 years and found 2 world epic drops. I played 4-5 days a week, 3-4 hours a day unless it was a weekend, then almost 10 hours. So basically I played way too damn much. My friend picked it up about a year ago and found 3 already.

Welcome to luck. While not as disparaging as, say, the lottery, over a long enough timeline you will run into those with the same amount of played time in missions, one having a lot to show for it, and the other very little. At least both XP and mission points are controlled by the customer.

Personally I think Sega needs to implement some sort of system like the PA frags where you can buy gear with them. Keep the drops as they are. Those with some luck will always get the gear first, but at least with enough time, someone can actually track their progress on "grinding" to their next upgrade, rather than praying every damn run.

And before you complain about potential gear saturation, note that I also don't like the hand-me-down system in this game. Taking a page from a game I'm sure a lot of you despise, the soulbound system in WoW was fantastic for keeping gear flood to a minimum. Bottom line: If you used it, it's now forever yours. Though instead of only getting some vendor meseta out of it (or even PM food, lol), you should be able to have your PM break it down for a random material (could use a system that is similar to failed synthesis).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-11 14:10 ]</font>

Anatra
Dec 11, 2007, 05:14 PM
The way I look at it is simple. If you like playing the game then play the game. If you don't then just stop playing and move to something more fun for you.

doubleEXP
Dec 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
I used to feel like this in PSO.

I had a Redria RAmarl named Zenith.

Well, as anyone who played (or plays) PSO knows, Redria is the ONLY section ID that can get God/Battle.

So, needless to say, after a seemingless endless genocidal campaign against the Hidelts of Ultimate Forest, I finally got my Red/Battle. In fact, after a while, I got quite a few God/Battles, I think 5 or 6 total in the end. That was nice because I gave one to my HUnewearl and the rest to my friends.

The problem was, Redria is otherwise not all that great a RA section ID. As late as level 156 (I still remember...) I was using a generic 9* shot as my 'bread and butter' weapon. I would get jealous of people with nice high % Final Impacts and Frozen Shooters and all those other cool RA weapons. They never seemed to drop in the open games I joined and they NEVER dropped in my solo games, because of my ID.

The nice thing was, my friends (some of whom I'd helped by giving God/Battle's to) ended up helping me out. Towards the end of my run in GC PSO my Ramarl had a sweet Frozen Shooter, a high % Final Impact, etc. Thanks my in-game friends.

But... I do kind of know how you feel. I did used to feel BURNING rage and jealousy of other RA's I'd see online with their fancy-dancy rare RA-only weapons. I mean, there I was, at one point I was one of the 10 highest level RAmarls in the game, and my weapons were a Demon Arms (with nice %, granted, but still just a 9* weapon), a Hell Laser (another 9* generic, though again with nice percents), and a Charge Vulcan (yet another 9* generic, though 50% hit). Still, it didn't stop me from laying done a pretty punishing covering fire and having fun. Yet... inside.... until my buds hooked me up with those shiny 10 and 11*'s... I was quite jealous of others. =/

stukasa
Dec 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
Play the new AoI missions, sooner or later you WILL get something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Before 1Up I'd never seen a single S-rank drop and I'd played for over 1000 hours. I had pretty much given up all hope of ever finding one. 1Up changed all that, but even if you didn't get anything good in the Cup, the new missions have pretty good drop rates, especially compared to the older missions. There's a lot more variety when it comes to rares, and even though they're not all good (7% ground Durandal Replica? ewwww), even some of the decent ones have a reasonable* chance of dropping.

*Note: "Reasonable" is relative, but play enough runs and you're bound to find SOMETHING.

chibiLegolas
Dec 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
Don't let it get to you. What I like about pso/psu is that it caters to both casual players and rare collectors. You don't necessarily NEED to have more than 1 pure PM. Or have an alt character. You don't NEED 45% weapons/armor to get by. Just get some decent 20% weapons. Buy the appropriate PA. Get NPC armors and you're still good to go. Character + class levels + leveled PA's are still more important than rare items, IMO.

icy-hot
Dec 11, 2007, 05:25 PM
the best rare iv goten off Drops is the Muzzlefever a long time ago when it was Hot lol

Sinaku
Dec 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
lol u sound JUST like me 2 weeks ago...look up my topic, "Sranks arent real?" lol...before I found my first srank I was convinced that Sega and God and all the people playing psu had a conspiracy goin on. I mean, yeah I saw Sranks drop A LOT...but i never recieved n e. I tried soling a few times, never found any. So I started going mad. I swear to God, for the longest time, I thought people playing psu were either in affiliation with Sega somehow and recieved the items through there, or that they paid for them in real currency. I was convinced that Sega was toying with me as some sort of expirement....

Even in the 1up cup...NOTHIN...not even the song for death. My internet disconnected in the process, can u beleive that?

I felt like that Trix bunny, ya kno? "Silly rabbit trix arent for you!" Well I felt like Sega was inconspicuously saying "SILLY SINAKU! Sranks arent for you!"... People who joined my party would occasionaly say that phrase instead of "hi/hello" lol...seriously...until that day...

I was playing in white beast s a few days ago when it happened. I was falling asleep on the game and then I see "OMFG!!! NO WAY!!! SINAKU...Sranks ARE for You!" lol...I was sooooooo happy, it was a dori board...I now have 4 sranks to my name...and I am lvl 77.

Hang in there buddy...Sega fill find sum1 else to pick on sooner or later

ApplePIE
Dec 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
i would say get over it and if you want rare items that bad sit there and grind till you get them some people are lucky and others...well they are there for 6 hours and still nothing.. but that doesnt mean give up SHUT UP AND KEEP GOING

RadiantLegend
Dec 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
I do believe some people get some godly luck in psu. I just take mine for what it is....

*Strangles strike PM"

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 05:45 PM
If you want rares and don't have them, go hunt them.

If you want meseta and don't have it, start up a shop and S-rank missions for the rewards.

That's pretty much how it works.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
It's no mystery on my collection of S ranks, I duo with my friend or team with the group and just help each other out. We're not greedy and hand rares to those who need them.

Krisan
Dec 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-12-11 13:57, super_luu wrote:

On 2007-12-11 13:55, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
First online RPG, huh?

I've played PSO, and I never had this sort of problem.

You never spent hours upon countless hours hunting rares or trading off nice items for other nice items? Only difference between PSO and PSU in terms of wealth is the fact that Meseta isn't worthless in PSU like it was in PSO, and that synthing in PSU complicates rare collecting a little.. (Not to mention that unlike PSO, there aren't a bajillion hacked items everywhere that are flooding the trade market..)

Seriously, it is down to luck. No, not photon-luck, real luck in real life. It is chance, everyone has a chance and it all boils down to that and that alone. People don't have predetermined luck that ST gives them when they sign up, that's just silly.. You just have to be a little determined. (Or very determined at times..) I mean, I'm sorry if you're depressed, but usually the anticipation toward the goal is a lot more fun than the goal itself.. that is, if you got everything in the game you wanted today (by pure chance) you probably wouldn't be very satisfied for very long.. It is the journey that makes it interesting, as frustrating and tiring as it may be sometimes.

P.S. I had absolute crap for luck in PSO, there was a tooooooon of stuff I never got my hands on, despite all effort towards trying.. and much more I never even got to see. (Despite playing it for so many years, there are still items I know I never actually have seen in action..)

In PSU though.. I've been able to get practically everything (so far) that I've wanted without much difficulty at all.. I dunno, but I'm not seeing where your complaints are coming from. If anything, it feels a lot easier to get what you want now. (Especially with meseta having worth now, since you no longer have to trade off goods for goods.. you can just farm cash and buy practically anything you want.)

Noblewine
Dec 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
The best thing to do is just continue spamming missions. When you find one you get a feeling of achievement for finding one, you can put the fundamentals of the game aside and you'll enjoy the game better.

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-12-11 14:52, Krisan wrote:
In PSU though.. I've been able to get practically everything (so far) that I've wanted without much difficulty at all.. I dunno, but I'm not seeing where your complaints are coming from. If anything, it feels a lot easier to get what you want now. (Especially with meseta having worth now, since you no longer have to trade off goods for goods.. you can just farm cash and buy practically anything you want.)

I'd have to agree, at least we have an actual market on PSU. The drop rates really are comparable.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
You sound like you needed to get that off your chest. I had to save up and trade for my first S rank. Just keep at it, man. When you finally do strike it rich, it'll feel that much better.

KRKcl17
Dec 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-12-11 14:50, Shadow_Wing wrote:
It's no mystery on my collection of S ranks, I duo with my friend or team with the group and just help each other out. We're not greedy and hand rares to those who need them.

Krisan
Dec 11, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-11 14:59, Typheros wrote:

On 2007-12-11 14:52, Krisan wrote:

I'd have to agree, at least we have an actual market on PSU. The drop rates really are comparable.

Exactly.
Most of the stuff I've wanted I have managed to get in a few days to a weeks time, assuming I stayed determined enough to hunt for it.. And with the rarer stuff, well.. Even if those tend to take months (by some peoples claims) to find, you still have the choice to just go out and buy it in a player store.

Even on the inflated PCPS2 market, a 10mil item or whatever is perfectly obtainable if you farm the meseta right.. in fact, if it takes you months or whatever to hunt down an item, you should probably just go ahead and farm the cash anyway.. would probably take less time actually. And if you manage your money right you won't ever go completely poor either.. I've been blowing millions left and right since AoI launched and I've still managed to somehow break even every single time..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-11 15:08 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2007, 06:09 PM
I would say save up your money and just buy one of those cheap S ranks that are flooding player shops, but you can't even get one of those in the element you want. I'd say, just don't worry about it and play the AoI missions. You may get something some day, but focus on other things.

Dire_Wolf
Dec 11, 2007, 06:16 PM
i feel the TC's pain. i feel almost exactly how he does.

its been 1 year and about 2 months since ive started playing this game. ive hunted crea doubles, black hearts, serafi items, blackbull, tons of A rank units, and more. no luck. 98% of my pallete and wallet are from standard grinding. it sucks.

since the games release over 1 year ago, i have synthed somewhere around 200 armors, and at least 500 different melee weapons. and out of these all of these hundreds of synths i have made only 1 50% item. it was a goddamn gigush. >:/

but i still continue playing, hoping that one day my 1000+ hours on this game will reward me with anything i actually seek but after this long, my remaining optimism is really wearing thin.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2007, 06:21 PM
It's all luck. You could get lucky enough to find a rare weapon. You could get lucky enough to make this weapon 50%. And you could get lucky enough to get a +10 grinding it on top of that.

I mean, I have a 44% ice crea doubles, and a 50% dark crea doubles. I'm lucky to have them. But my dark got a 7/7 and my ice a 4/4.... on my ice I failed the 2nd grind with a +10 grinder twice. It's luck, you get used to it. Just find friends, it's the only thing that makes the game worthwhile in the end.

THE JACKEL

oooWaveooo
Dec 11, 2007, 06:30 PM
I was horribly poor until i hit lvl 95, then i started repeatedly finding S rank boards during 1 up and selling them for millions on the dollar. now when i need money i farm stuff that people want, it's a simple process.

get a group of people you know and run with thm all the time, agree to split whatever drops

Krisan
Dec 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-12-11 15:16, Dire_Wolf wrote:
i feel the TC's pain. i feel almost exactly how he does.

its been 1 year and about 2 months since ive started playing this game. ive hunted crea doubles, black hearts, serafi items, blackbull, tons of A rank units, and more. no luck. 98% of my pallete and wallet are from standard grinding. it sucks.

since the games release over 1 year ago, i have synthed somewhere around 200 armors, and at least 500 different melee weapons. and out of these all of these hundreds of synths i have made only 1 50% item. it was a goddamn gigush. >:/

but i still continue playing, hoping that one day my 1000+ hours on this game will reward me with anything i actually seek but after this long, my remaining optimism is really wearing thin.

I can't see how you don't have an excess of cash built up after a year of playtime, unless you're just managing your money poorly.. like trying to grind things to 10 constantly, and as a result breaking a weapons (pre-AoI) and rebuying them.. I really don't see how after all that time, and now today with AoI's better droprate on cash, how you don't have an excess of money to just go out and buy what you want.

And as for hunting, well.. That sucks, I guess. I went out hunting for a Crea Doubles board a few days ago though, and got it on my second or third run of Unsafe Passage S2. I was pretty surprised, and I realize I'm fairly lucky to have found it so quickly.. (I tried running it more since then, no sign of another dropping anytime soon..) But hell, I got it. Even managed to scrape together the Goldania and Relic Edges for it. (Actually, ended up buying most of those.. which was indeed expensive, but money isn't that hard to get in my opinion..) And it came out 26% Dark.. I can live with that.

I really am sorry if people are left searching longer than others for certain things like this.. I really am, but geez.. I just don't see how you haven't managed to counteract your bad luck by now by just buying the goods. I've found it ridiculously easy to make money from just doing regular mission runs, not even selling things.. Most people should be able to equip themselves reasonably well without much fretting by now. And yes, even failing that.. You should be able to rely on a few good friends to help you in your hunt for a few items.. At least then you'll have a bit of fun while looking, right?

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
at the end of the day if the servers were more populated there would we stuff everywhere. as it is now their aren't enough people to really find a lot and saturate the shops. as far as finding stuff yourself goes it's just luck. some people get it fast, some people get it often, and the others few and far between. but we all get it eventually.

GravY
Dec 11, 2007, 07:44 PM
Do high lvl runz. Do moar high lvl runz. ???. Profit.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-12-11 14:08, chibiLegolas wrote:
Don't let it get to you. What I like about pso/psu is that it caters to both casual players and rare collectors. You don't necessarily NEED to have more than 1 pure PM. Or have an alt character. You don't NEED 45% weapons/armor to get by. Just get some decent 20% weapons. Buy the appropriate PA. Get NPC armors and you're still good to go. Character + class levels + leveled PA's are still more important than rare items, IMO.

It's not luck, it's perseverance (sp?). I have about 13 million meseta right now down from nearly 0 today since I sold nearly everything I owned, farmed two Sleep / Resists, and just plain kept up grinding money. That's a lot of money for the 360 where we haven't ever had haxeta. Still dozens of millions away from getting an 8+/10 Agito Repca. It would make me a durable fortefighter.

I also found an Adahna Cannon piece that I'm not quite sure what I want to do with... I could farm the board to make the Degahna Cannon, which is selling for more than 15 million right now, but that would be quite a risk losing such a rare synth item...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-12-11 17:04 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 11, 2007, 07:54 PM
I guess I'm lucky since I haven't cared for rares from the get-go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Darkly
Dec 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
you got a high level character, one random day you could end up rich.

I've lost my psu data and had to start again, so its going to be a long time before i can even begin to find rares again.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 08:00 PM
My lousy FF has almost every melee 10* and I don't care for him. Just got a 10* slicer recently and it still sits there as a [B]

Honestly, drops are much easier in new missions. Also give grinding a chance, it makes doing trades worthwhile.

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 08:29 PM
I have 2,500 hours with nothing to show ^.^

Dire_Wolf
Dec 11, 2007, 08:36 PM
I can't see how you don't have an excess of cash built up after a year of playtime, unless you're just managing your money poorly.. like trying to grind things to 10 constantly, and as a result breaking a weapons (pre-AoI) and rebuying them.. I really don't see how after all that time, and now today with AoI's better droprate on cash, how you don't have an excess of money to just go out and buy what you want.

And as for hunting, well.. That sucks, I guess. I went out hunting for a Crea Doubles board a few days ago though, and got it on my second or third run of Unsafe Passage S2. I was pretty surprised, and I realize I'm fairly lucky to have found it so quickly.. (I tried running it more since then, no sign of another dropping anytime soon..) But hell, I got it. Even managed to scrape together the Goldania and Relic Edges for it. (Actually, ended up buying most of those.. which was indeed expensive, but money isn't that hard to get in my opinion..) And it came out 26% Dark.. I can live with that.

I really am sorry if people are left searching longer than others for certain things like this.. I really am, but geez.. I just don't see how you haven't managed to counteract your bad luck by now by just buying the goods. I've found it ridiculously easy to make money from just doing regular mission runs, not even selling things.. Most people should be able to equip themselves reasonably well without much fretting by now. And yes, even failing that.. You should be able to rely on a few good friends to help you in your hunt for a few items.. At least then you'll have a bit of fun while looking, right

i didnt want to give the impression that im a dirt poor veteran player or anything like that. ive made plenty of cash from grinding missions and selling mats and stuff like that and i rarely waste or lose money. i basically make enough so that im not struggling but not exactly enough to feel comfortable.

its just that i am so unbelievably unlucky its really starting to bother me. in the last 3 days i have failed 4/6 crimson lines, 2/3 michi senbas, 1 ran misaki, 1 katsuno zashi, and 1 Ebrozike. all of these had success rates of 80%+. only 2 things that succeeded in the past 3 days were a 10% michi and a 22% crimson line....fan-freakin-tastic.

i agree that just running normal missions will eventually give you a substantial amount of income, enough to buy what you need and maybe even enough for something extra. my problem is that after 1 year of playing i truly hoped to find/synth at least one "golden ticket" - an item that is worth enough to actually impact my progress in the game.

i will continue to play and just enjoy leveling up PAs etc and hope that maybe, someday, my luck might turn around.