PDA

View Full Version : starting a new carter have some quatons

xgp
Dec 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
i no finly my 2ed carter been playing sins otober of last year and jast xgp so now time to mack a melee prson.(i will call him colonel)need some tips to macing a good melee cast what waps/pa/jab/units and so on to get.

plz raed sig b for post

PALRAPPYS
Dec 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
I don't play Fortefighter... but I do have a few suggestions from my melee experience. (I guess you can also choose Fighgunner, but I personally prefer Forte.)

Weapon Suggestions:
Spears
-Dus Daggas
-Dus Majarra
Daggers
-Buten
-Hikai

Just some suggestions.. lol I don't have much though. :/ I'm sure some melee-ers will come and give some suggestions.

Fecesbot
Dec 11, 2007, 06:59 PM
Fighgunner is the best melee class for casts in my opinion.
Double sabers and twin daggers will be ur best friend.
Twin Handguns will be ur best choice for range.

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-12-11 15:40, xgp wrote:
i no finly my 2ed carter been playing sins otober of last year and jast xgp so now time to mack a melee prson.(i will call him colonel)need some tips to macing a good melee cast what waps/pa/jab/units and so on to get.

plz raed sig b for post

wut

Ashkahn
Dec 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Apparently, you failed to read his signature before you posted.

Anyhoo, I'd suggest Acrofighter or Fighgunner on a melee-oriented cast. Both will give you decent ranged abilities to take advantage of your ATA. Go Acrofighter if you're a fan of one-hand weapons, or Fighgunner for the bigger weapons.

GravY
Dec 11, 2007, 07:08 PM
ok, technically speaking, i'm a techer, but i prefer fighting. Personally, i like Daggers and Single Sabers. Get Buten Shuren-Zan (i think that's right) or Hikia Shuha-Zan (that's the ultimate, not sure if right spelling on this either). For Sabers, get whichever Art you prefer. Also, if you want a spear, for a starting character, (assuming you have a higher lvl that has PA frags) get Dus Majarra and Neudiaz Spears. Lvl up the Art, and then when you're a high enough lvl, get at least the 7* spear (srry, 4got name of it). If you want to use swords, get spinning break, and some decent percent swords. (A Fighter's biggest strength is the %s of his weapons). Personally, i also like Axes, just because they do a hell of a lot of dammage. If you go Fighgunner, get about 500k and get a 10* Double saber (I got my Sweet Deathic for 250k) or you can try to get a higher percent 8 or 9*. If you get a double Saber, get Gravity Dance, it's way better than spiral. If you want to use knuckles, get Bogga Zubba, it's the big punch, i like it 'cause it's powerful. Also, i would recommend getting a slicer, because they hit a lot of enemies, and they're decently powerful. Also, if you decide to go fighgunner, you could get some claws (they're pretty cheap). I couldn't tell you which Art to get for those, however because I don't personally use them. If you need more help than that, ask a beast (i'm a newman).

Fecesbot
Dec 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-12-11 16:04, RemiusTA wrote:

On 2007-12-11 15:40, xgp wrote:

plz raed sig b for post

wut

Thats not funny.

GravY
Dec 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
Quote:On 2007-12-11 15:40, xgp wrote:

plz raed sig b for post

wut

You, sir, are an imbecile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GravY on 2007-12-11 16:14 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 11, 2007, 07:55 PM
I suggest Dus Robado for spear to start with. You can buy it in the shop and it hits three enemies in a circular motion. It's pretty strong.

IsoDonk
Dec 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
You can't go wrong with either of the spear PAs these days, it appears - Dus Daggas is strong, and Dus Robado is supposed to have had quite a boost post-AOI.

My Protranser is a cast and deals with a lot of Melee. My selections:

Sword: Tornado Break (circular, hits four enemies, third combo has blowaway)
Spear: Dus Daggas (enemies in front, third combo has blowaway)
Knuckles: Bogga Danga (enemies in front, very mobile PA and lets you get out of danger/into a big pack of enemies with the third combo)
Saber: Rising Strike (a classic, bar Bogga Zubba and Anga Dugrega it's the only PA I know of that has knockup on the first hit)
Axe: Anga Redda (Dugrega is more powerful but also more situational)

With a cast you'll have high ATA so there's not really anything you need to be wary of weapons-wise - you'll still hit some zeroes with axes but that's the same for everyone.

Hope this helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Norris
Dec 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
If you have an extra 30 frags, you could buy Dus Majarra for your alt.

Darkly
Dec 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
To keep it simple, go with whatever weapon you feel like using, most PA do awesome damage now anyway.

A couple to avoid: I heard the 1 star twin claw PA isn't useful; the single claw normal PA - I found myself rarely using it after the expansion so just go with something else.

Get a couple damage PA's like majarra, assault crush for twin sabers was my personal fave.

Get a couple Area of effect moves, Tornado break and dus robado are both great.

Get a couple monster controlling PA's - durega is awesome against large enemies like Kamatoze and the other horse-like enemies. Rising crush should get a mention too.

A general tip is to always carry a hangun if not on your pallette at least in your inventory, never know when it can be useful.

xgp
Dec 12, 2007, 08:40 AM
i do not have aol what do the new melee waps do ????

Mwabwetumba
Dec 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
I do not think that there is any "new" melee weapons on AotI, per say... well, except for Whips, but they are not for use by pure fighters.

The "new" weapons would probably be the same ones on original PSU, but made by different businesses. Example: Yohmei A-rank axes and TENORA A-rank swords, and more.

Oh and to help you with your new character, I will post what I use on my own ForteFighter.

Spear (Dus Majarra)
Sword (Tornado Break)
Axe (Anga Jabroga)
Saber/Handgun (Rising Strike)
Slicer (Chikki Kyoren-Jin)
Twin Sabers (Assault Crush)

I find that this setup of weapons and PAs gives me an alternative for anything. And if something still isn't really covered, I'll just use Majarra on it. Really, Majarra can do most things that a fighter needs. Get Majarra!

Hope this has been of some help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-12-12 06:13 ]</font>

gryphonvii
Dec 12, 2007, 10:55 AM
if he doesn't have aoi he can't use slicers, but in place of the slicer a claw or dagger would be fine.

xgp
Dec 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
i will have it soon (i houp)