PDA

View Full Version : Is Boma Duranga worth it?

Arcturus
Dec 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
Finally picked it up along with Killer Shot and Mayalee Shot after doing most of Episode 2 (was doing fine until I ran into one mission that I got a C twice on with my 83 fG). Yeah, the damage output is great and all, but the reflected damage runs my HP in the yellow in 4-5 shots, and that's a little too fast for comfort.

Should I stick with it?

Edit: Uh, not sure when I put a poll in there...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2007-12-11 17:09 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Dec 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Where is the beserker spirit in you?

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 11, 2007, 08:16 PM
The damage output is supreme, far worth the HP-sapping. I can do about 4000 damage (or maybe more, I forget) per shot on quite a few things if I hit four target areas. It makes those dull dragon fights go by in less than a minute!

...just don't forget to restock on mates if you use it a lot during missions.

moneyman
Dec 11, 2007, 08:19 PM
ok.bomba duranga is the most iscane damaging grenade PA once i bought that i deleted all my old ones.but if you cannot afford to use a trimate/dimate after every few shots with this PA then stop because you will lose all your money.BUT if you can afford using around 10 trimates/dimates with this PA it will be the best dragon killing PA u can use. hope this helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sio
Dec 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
If you are a cast I know it fills your SUV gauge abit quicker (self damage and high damage aswell (not sure if its the same for beasts) So thats kinda handy I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sio on 2007-12-11 17:24 ]</font>

IsoDonk
Dec 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
It's not great for soloing, for the reasons Moneyman and Jire suggest - but if you have a willing techer with you it is absolutely devestating.

Syl
Dec 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-12-11 17:23, IsoDonk wrote:
It's not great for soloing

Sure it is, I just picked it up yesterday. If you solo with it, just going through the mission and picking up all the meseta drops should more than cover your mate costs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
Only use it in spots where knockback + damage is most worthwhile. Keep at least one regular element Grenade for just safe knockback. Duranga is also very good for a lot of the bosses.

Golto
Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well if you solo it might not be worth it at lvl 30+ and high char lvls. At lvl 110 FtG 15 and pa lvl 30 plus buff item it can take as few as 2 shots to get into the critical zone or even death. I saw it go down from ~2630 to 7 hp once and if you get too many crits 'a scapedoll has been used'. Elemental grenades got a much needed boost in atp% and pp reduction that I've gone back using them instead. The 200+ atp increase most types got after the pre-aoi patch really increased the reflected damage past the usefullness point for me.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
I agree 100% with poll option one, "I".

majan
Dec 11, 2007, 10:29 PM
gunners were quick to help me when I was asking these questions so Ill reciprocate:absolutely. it absolutely crushes bosses and if you have a force that will help you out,it can take anything out pretty damn fast. though as golto said if you are soloing it may not be worth it as the damage you will be doing will be fairly high and will eat up your HP faster than it eats up the boss's.

but yeah its worth it man.for 50 pa frags?heck yes.

LanVanDam13
Dec 11, 2007, 10:36 PM
best used at boss with techer healing u me and my cuzin solo de ragan S2 in 2mins its wonderful for dragon boss and even works good on fulks rivials the axe move i can shot 4 to 5 times before axe is done so yea

Pulpy
Dec 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
On my gunner i can solo any dragon type boss in less than a minute. Sure i go through plenty on trimates (8-10) but hey I'll do anything to speed up runs.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 10:42 PM
All I have to say, if ur using Boma Duranga, eat trimates. I don't expect techers to heal me when I use my emo cannon, cause as an AT, I know I won't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, is it worth, if it was 99, yes, at 50, it's a cheap purchase!

KRKcl17
Dec 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
Boma Duranga, I can proudly say, is my BEST Ultimate PA purchase. It rips through large enemies with multiple places they can be hit, and DESTROYS bosses with multiple parts as well.
Dragon anyone?

[spoiler-box]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7229/psu20071203191142002dl5.jpg
Chea, those 1ks are from NuclearRanger. Game over. Notice the retarded amount of damage being reflected though, have those Trimates at the ready http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/spoiler-box]

Guildenstern
Dec 11, 2007, 11:34 PM
I party with a Fortegunner with level 32 Boma Duranga. His damage is very impressive.

...But I made him make a macro for when he's going to use it because on anything with more than 2 targets he can kill himself in 3 shots and I'm not always in range to spam Resta on him. So either warn your TECHer or spam the trimates. D:

(That and I make him wait until I tag it to fire it up, otherwise it'll be dead in 60 seconds and I'll not have tagged it. D:)

ErtaiClou
Dec 12, 2007, 12:12 AM
As an AT I get along great with people that use this pa. Tag the boss and let him get ripped to shreads with beserker as I get busy leveling resta past level 31.

Hank
Dec 12, 2007, 12:39 AM
IMO lvl 40 shotguns are better for dragon bosses since you can nail 10 targets from one shot.

Rayokarna
Dec 12, 2007, 02:47 AM
This is an excellent boss killer that can eat through normal enemies too. For FG, the PP consuption isn't to bad and the damage out put is really high. But ever since the pre-AOI update, it has been harder to use. Before the update, I was lvl 94(PT lvl 10) and had 529 ATP and I cranked out about 500-600 per shot. Now I'm lvl 97(PT lvl 15) and I have 1012 ATP and Im giving out 900-1000 per shot. This take an incredible toll on you HP. I used to take about 6 to 9 shots before I have to heal. But now I can only do 4 shots until I heal. If you suffer any lag while using this, you're as good as dead. >_>. Mines on lvl 17 anyway.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 12, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-12-11 21:39, Hank wrote:
IMO lvl 40 shotguns are better for dragon bosses since you can nail 10 targets from one shot.

And do a fraction of the total damage of Duranga, while being vulnerable to stomps and proximity damage.

Turambar
Dec 12, 2007, 02:49 AM
Yeah, thats the basic down side to duranga / why I don't use it too much. Any mate lag and you will die, no ands ifs or buts about it.

DesertGunner
Dec 12, 2007, 07:11 AM
I do 1400 damage per target area on bosses with that thing. And it's only at LV. 27!

dc534
Dec 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
All I can say is buy yourself a nade launcher like the Gur Bazga since like people have mentioned it absolutly pwns you before you have a chance to know what has happened. Other than that it is the most impressive PA frag against dragons, and there really is no other equal. It actually makes people using beast mode against the Dragons look almost weak.

dc534
Dec 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
All I can say is buy yourself a nade launcher like the Gur Bazga since like people have mentioned it absolutly pwns you before you have a chance to know what has happened. Other than that it is the most impressive PA frag against dragons, and there really is no other equal. It actually makes people using beast mode against the Dragons look almost weak.