PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Offline mode how to get high lvl techs/weps?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2007, 09:39 PM
Online things are just released over time, but offline whats the system for getting high lvl stuff? Like for my force I want to get the buff/debuff spells and nosu ect but the npc only has the very basics. At first I only saw the lvl 1 mag, now suddenly a A rank seems to have poped up, this leads me to believe that your level is what determines what the npc has?

Also there is so much basic stuff missing too, like all the GRM wands are gone but I can get all the way up to A rank from Neudaze for Yomehei (forgive my spelling) the system makes no sense :/

Also does anybody know off the top of there head the xp gain rate and tech lvl rate for offline vs online? Is it worth my time to lvl up rare techs offline to see if I want them online... that kind of thing.

joluh
Dec 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
Can't you get the information about how useful techs are from the threads made about them? Or find videos on youtube/google?

And, I think you first have to finish story mode to get more weapons.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 11, 2007, 09:53 PM
Finishing story mode unlocks new things everywhere (items at the shop, missions to play, clothing).

As for the selection, not every item in the game is available offline.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:50, joluh wrote:
Can't you get the information about how useful techs are from the threads made about them? Or find videos on youtube/google?

And, I think you first have to finish story mode to get more weapons.

Videos will show the graphics but not give you a hands on feel for how usefull they are, same goes for threads you may get user opinions but everybody has a different playstyle and so for one person they may have mastered sa Ra spells and take advantage of the lower TP cost and the range, while another likes the pure dps element and likes the Ga spells better.

I was a Ra person untill Ga came out and then I droped my Ra spells instantly for the higher dps and the fact that with hunters tossing stuff everywhere it was faster/easier to use the AOE effect of a lvl 30 Gadiga to tag mobs and do great dps.

When I quit playing way back when it was just after we got the first set of buff spells, so it was before I was able to get any of the Nosu spells or damu spells and so I would like a hands on test with them too see where I should focus if I decide to go back online to play.

So did I answer your question that you asked me?

I have gotten more stuff unlocked already as I go thru story mode, its hard to say if its my lvl or just the story mode progression thats unlocking new things, but I just got some of the Damu spells and also the Ga spells are avalible, so far so good.