PDA

View Full Version : human speciality

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 12:58 AM
wouldn't it be cool if instead of having an suv/ beast.

humans called out a firing squad,

21 gun salute, seven guys come out of the background and shoot 3 times

or a satelite strike, ala akiras' SOL satelite laser,

of course not as powerfull as a suv or a beast, but mobility is not relinquished.

u call the strike but lay the smack down as elemental effect is implemented.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 12, 2007, 12:59 AM
No

pikachief
Dec 12, 2007, 12:59 AM
*sigh*

i will say this once and only once.

[spoiler-box]NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/spoiler-box]

Mattguy87
Dec 12, 2007, 01:01 AM
im a human but i dont like those ideas, i would rather have a mode that did something like multiply all of your stats by like 1.5 or something like that. but it will never happen

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 01:02 AM
why no? it's not a racial trait and something completely plausable.

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-12-11 22:01, Mattguy87 wrote:
im a human but i dont like those ideas, i would rather have a mode that did something like multiply all of your stats by like 1.5 or something like that. but it will never happen

like a built in yak zagenga? that would pwn all.

pikachief
Dec 12, 2007, 01:06 AM
its jsut that everyone is getting tired of these psots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif sorry if the posts here come a bit harsh but theres jsut hardly any chance of sega adding more to their characters.

I would rather see abilities in the characters using teh "use" button.

Like for 360 its the A button.

Press A witha newman and they can hit an enemy with a rod or wand if they have one in their hands.

Hold A with a beast and they can jump very high! dodging enemy attacks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Press A as a cast and you can also dodge enemy attacks but by rolling.

Press A as a human and u can sprint ^.^

of course i also expect no positive replies to this post since most people like their PSU races how they are and changes causes whinning :/

Mattguy87
Dec 12, 2007, 01:06 AM
i dont know what a yak zagenga is so ill just say...meh. i think it would be pretty neat though, too bad sega hates humans though

SolRiver
Dec 12, 2007, 01:13 AM
How about... Human summon all 3 races they created... riding a beast, using a cast lance and shield and a newman... elf princess?

joluh
Dec 12, 2007, 01:13 AM
Human's specialty should be DTE, DESTROY THE EARTH, they summon a bunch of electronic devices, machines that throw pollution and so on, then the floor cracks and breaks and a mini-global warming kills all the enemies.

Or maybe they can summon a little car, then get/act drunk and ran over all the enemies.

Syl
Dec 12, 2007, 01:32 AM
Nah humans shud hab a insta keel mode OLOLOLO

Freshellent
Dec 12, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-12-11 22:32, SylviaEspada wrote:
Nah humans shud hab a insta keel mode OLOLOLO

P+K+S+HS,236236 HS.

But no,fuckdat.

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
less health= higher damage/ criticals, this is yak zaganga the crossbow pa.

it would pwn as a human blast badge.....option

Laranas
Dec 12, 2007, 01:58 AM
I still think humans should get something along the lines of a PSO mag.. nothing too powerful with PBs or anything, but something to swing your stats closer to the class you want to be.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 12, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-12-11 22:52, Shishi-O wrote:
less health= higher damage/ criticals, this is yak zaganga the crossbow pa.

We know what yak Zagenga does already...

u_r
Dec 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
we should get beserk

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:19 AM
They wont give Humans or newmans a speacial cause it would make the pathetic casts obsolete and would hurt the beasts fealings.

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2007, 02:28 AM
Makes sense they don't get anything. Can YOU do anything special? Fuck no!

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-12-11 23:19, Kiata wrote:
They wont give Humans or newmans a speacial cause it would make the pathetic casts obsolete and would hurt the beasts fealings.

i loled

...and loled again.

how bout a imitation beast blast badge that fits on the back of the left hand wich offers a series of differing effects

1) hp steal

2) pp steal

3) yak zagenga( effect of )

..... and so on

Nanosystem
Dec 12, 2007, 02:40 AM
I'd suggesta megistar type thing but with aa much bigger boost

AnamanaAU
Dec 12, 2007, 02:58 AM
I'd honestly rather see Photon Blasts than some stupid over the top speciality in the OP.

kurisu1974
Dec 12, 2007, 03:47 AM
Humans should have a hover board (like Ethan had in the beginning of story mode), so they can get close to moving bosses fast.

Nyreal
Dec 12, 2007, 03:49 AM
Photon Blasts are seconded here.

But I seriously doubt that humans will ever do anything special.

th0rnz
Dec 12, 2007, 05:02 AM
I think getting the ability to summon temporary weapons with high atp, which you would have the find as units in missions, kinda like an suv.

Each unit is linked to a different weapon, and the units are limitless in use but it must be equipped to gain enough energy to use it. The weapon you summon would be usable only for a certain period of time but would do massive damage. These weapons would also be unique ie. the only way to use them is by being a human and having the proper unit.

Thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: th0rnz on 2007-12-12 02:04 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 12, 2007, 05:39 AM
On 2007-12-11 21:58, Shishi-O wrote:
wouldn't it be cool if instead of having an suv/ beast.

humans called out a firing squad,

21 gun salute, seven guys come out of the background and shoot 3 times

or a satelite strike, ala akiras' SOL satelite laser,

of course not as powerfull as a suv or a beast, but mobility is not relinquished.

u call the strike but lay the smack down as elemental effect is implemented.

FUCKING no god dammit

landman
Dec 12, 2007, 05:43 AM
Humans can transform into supersayans. Except for the blonde ones xP

RACast_Raiden
Dec 12, 2007, 05:50 AM
They can use Crea Sabers/Daggers/Swords...they're already special in their own way

Dragwind
Dec 12, 2007, 06:26 AM
There's a reason they have balanced stats.

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
Let's see... Human's current special abilities:

- A bonus in every class that doesn't begin with Forte- (3% on the hybrids and 5% on the Acros; even 2% on the basics, but no one cares about them...), lowering the deviation between them and the other races. (And overpowering in the cases of human male ATP slightly passing Caseal, human male ATA slightly passing Newman female, human female EVP surpassing Newman male, and general human DFP surpassing Beast as an Acro-.)

- The ability to use all weapon types decently, unlike Casts and Beasts who suffer with any attack that uses TP and Newmans who just can't compete with any weapon that uses ATP.

- And last, of course, Crea weapons. Not that great, but they're the stronger of the two races that can use A rank Crease.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-12 03:57 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 12, 2007, 08:07 AM
Newmans should just be a built in Devil / Battle and Me / Quick and Humans don't need a special ability since they're the best.

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2007, 08:29 AM
Humans should get Megiddo. End of story.

Newmans should get an inherent speed boost to both attacks and techs, since they are supposed to have heightened reflexes anyhow. Acrotecher bonus & /quick bonuses stack.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
The best idea me and some friends came up with would to have the human speacial be atomatic hp restore and have newmans get a boost to there pp regeneration rate. That way its not to much but would still be helpfull to the two races,also would stay away from interfering with the beasts blast and the cast SUV.

Scline
Dec 12, 2007, 12:23 PM
I know what humans need...

.... Shoooooorrrryuuuuukeeeeennn!

But, no.. In all seriousness, I think Berserker Mode. Damage Dealt x 2 Damage Received x 2. The problem with this is that if they were to ever add something for Newmans and Humans, there would have to be many variants of the basic idea.

I mean, there's more than one nanoblast available for Beasts, and I'm not even gonna bother counting how many SUVs there are now... I can dare to dream, but it's probably never gonna happen.

_K1_
Dec 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-12-12 02:50, RACast_Raiden wrote:
They can use Crea Sabers/Daggers/Swords...they're already special in their own way

Not that special since Newmans can use the 7* creas, and everyone can use the 10* ones. Moot point though, since A-rank creas are uniformly awful.

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
Humans are gonna get tanks.

ErtaiClou
Dec 12, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-12-11 23:19, Kiata wrote:

D:

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'm sure I speak for all the Casts and Beasts when I say that I wouldn't mind humans and Newmans getting special abilities because then they'd obviously buff all the Cast and Beast stats (especially TP), remove the human and Newman bonuses from the partial classes, reduce Newman MST, and reduce the human bonus on the Acro-classes to the standard 3%. Everyone wins really.

...Except the humans, who will still complain about having the 3rd lowest ATP (with a bigger damage gap now) and the Newmans who will still complain about tech damage not being able to keep up with melee damage.

So, yeah, the more powerful the human special, the higher my Cast stats get. I'm all for it.

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
no.

humans having any limit break type thing can only copy effects, like a lvl 50 buff for 30 secs...why not?

or increased speed x3 for 30 secs,...why not?

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
Humans should just be able to sneeze on everything as a special ability, and cuaase them to die, just like how we will kill the aliens when they come to invade us, not realizing how much disease we have, and not having the proper anti-bodies to survive.

Kylie
Dec 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
Nanoblasts are overrated. I feel like I can out damage my nano most of the time, so I don't see why people are still trying to get special moves for humans and newmans. ;/ To be honest, I'd rather give an ability to newmans before humans because it makes more sense, story-wise, to give it to the other branch-off race.

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 02:59 PM
i agree w the nano blasts are too weak, beasts attack blast should have increased on a multiplier

but that doesn't invalidate my ideas

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:35, Pillan wrote:
I'm sure I speak for all the Casts and Beasts when I say that I wouldn't mind humans and Newmans getting special abilities because then they'd obviously buff all the Cast and Beast stats (especially TP), remove the human and Newman bonuses from the partial classes, reduce Newman MST, and reduce the human bonus on the Acro-classes to the standard 3%. Everyone wins really.

...Except the humans, who will still complain about having the 3rd lowest ATP (with a bigger damage gap now) and the Newmans who will still complain about tech damage not being able to keep up with melee damage.

So, yeah, the more powerful the human special, the higher my Cast stats get. I'm all for it.

Word up to the mighty logic of Pillan.

tei
Dec 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
Ehhh, I don't think any of those seem like a good idea... fire squads, satellite strikes... They really have nothing at ALL to do with the key thing - race/species. ^^;; Further, any way you even attempt to describe it would force history and a certain background (military background) down your character's throat, and they're suppose to be open-ended and let you develope them how you want.

I'm pretty much fine with humans the way they are. Though, to fit in with the rest of the topic... the only thing I've ever thought humans could have as their "racial advantage" would possibly be higher status effect resistance than the other classes. I mean, they've been around centuries longer than beasts, newmans, and casts... The other races' immune systems (um... and anti-virus programs for CASTs? xD;;; ) would be far less developed than humans', so humans would have a better chance at avoiding being infected or shrugging off diseases easier.

Shishi-O
Dec 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
it would not be a race thing to have a badge that gives special effects.

i mentioned the speed thing cuz a friend was telling me about god battle from PSO

so why not have bedges that give those attributes for a limited amount of time? 20-30 seconds?

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
no just... no

Kion
Dec 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:43, ThEoRy wrote:
no just... no

QF... T

chibiLegolas
Dec 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
If humans needs some kind of bonus, then it should be a passive one, not some flashy/agressive attack.
IMO, to further play off their versitility with natural bonus % to cross classes, I STILL fully endorse humans having exclusive increased maxed PA slots.
Sure we now can turn PA's into discs. But if humans are meant to switch classes a lot cause they're good in a lot of areas, it would only make sense to have humans hold more PA's at once compared to other races.

Akaimizu
Dec 12, 2007, 04:36 PM
If there's one class where I think I'm feeling the Human bonus, is Acrotecher. It seems like nearly every option you take with that class, it's either good damage or fantastic damage. (Melee and tech-fantastic.....Bullets-good) Though they say Protranser is the human class, I'd almost say that Acrotecher is also proving to be a class of human bonuses. It's almost like how the Newmans were for ForteTecher. It seems to be the epitamy of a class which benefits from both the bonus and balanced attack and tech power.

And I was thinking it was simply because that class seems born from the circus, and we know it was humans that ran that circus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-12 13:39 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Dec 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
Humans have a speciality, it's called whining.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-12-12 14:42, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Humans have a speciality, it's called whining.

Lol, and bitching. Don't forget bitching.

superdood22
Dec 12, 2007, 07:22 PM
lame. :/ give them street fighter special attacks and thats my/the best suggestion.

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:51, chibiLegolas wrote:
If humans needs some kind of bonus, then it should be a passive one, not some flashy/agressive attack.
IMO, to further play off their versitility with natural bonus % to cross classes, I STILL fully endorse humans having exclusive increased maxed PA slots.
Sure we now can turn PA's into discs. But if humans are meant to switch classes a lot cause they're good in a lot of areas, it would only make sense to have humans hold more PA's at once compared to other races.

If someone was going to forcibly be done, I would endorse this.

Wtc is so special about SUV and Nano? I have a Beast and CAST and I dont use them(the special abilities) that frequently. Sure it's fun to use but you don't -need- it.

Pillan said it right, Humans are awesome right now. They are (imo) the masters of the Acro- classes.

hellcaptain
Dec 12, 2007, 08:29 PM
give humans a SEED virus when their near death like a nanoblast but not completly the same like only being able to use it at 20HP or lower and you come out al 1HP

Akaimizu
Dec 12, 2007, 08:34 PM
You got that right about acro. All humans need to join the Nbareh Six Square Circus!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ok, not that I want to push anybody that way, but I do have to admit. Playing an Acrotecher class definitely makes one feel that they were clearly thinking of humans when they made it. Of course I hope they won't get the Newman treatment where people tell humans that they should play a specific class because of it. Then you'll probably see the arguments on the official site and people saying *ahem*, Humans != Acro-.

But one can't complain if you specialize in a class better than others. Oh, I forgot some have already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-12 17:37 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 12, 2007, 09:46 PM
Since humans are the all-round versatile type, they should be able to choose from a limited variety of lesser SUV-type weapons and vehicles and/or suits that would essentially be a pale imitation of Nanoblast. Oh, and newmans need a unique special, and humans need a lesser version of that too. Give us a use for that bar that stays empty for us all the time!

rogue_robot
Dec 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
If any race should have special resistance to SEs, it should logically be CASTs. (Then again, CASTs should logically have advantages over the other races in everything physical, but that wouldn't be fair.)

Humans should have just barely above average stats in everything, but nothing really special or exotic.

You know what I really hate - enemy robots deal more damage with TECHs than FOCASEALs. That really ticks me off. If Guhral technology allows unintelligent robots do deal FO-Beast level damage, FOCASEALs should at least be rolling out the equivalent of HUmars!

(EDIT: Mind you, this is offline - I don't know how online is.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2007-12-12 21:01 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Dec 13, 2007, 12:33 AM
wow 92 to 1

thank gods human Fi pwns all an i can be happy.

Jakosifer
Dec 13, 2007, 12:38 AM
Really..as a Human myself I say....Hell no. We don't need any specials because *Gasp* WE AREN'T ANYTHING SPECIAL. Thats the point of the race in PSU. </Facewall>

Orin654
Dec 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
Hmm, how about human can activate "SUV" like abilities in S rank weapons. Example:

Svaltus Sword: Do wide area Swing like the Svaltus or send out a Shockwave

BFGfreak
Dec 13, 2007, 02:03 AM
If humans are going to summon anything, it's going to be this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WhuBhch43bw) baby.

Leadfoot
Dec 13, 2007, 09:49 AM
How about a ninja or samauri (sp?) type? They could sneek up on an unsuspecting enemy unnoticed and deal damage,not massive but the idea is to get to them unnoticed?

QuidProQuo
Dec 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
The only idea that I've heard and liked in this thread is giving humans a mag or simulating it by letting them boost their stats like we could with mags in pso.

Otherwise Humans shouldn't get anything. Their specialty is that they aren't special but can do all the jobs and aren't limited.

Esufer
Dec 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
If humans get this, Newmans need summons.

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2007, 07:12 PM
Ehhh, I don't think any of those seem like a good idea... fire squads, satellite strikes... They really have nothing at ALL to do with the key thing - race/species.

Going back to what I said earlier, before PSO came out - humans were the only race in Phantasy Star that were shown as capable of unleashing Megid. Since "Megid" is now a general and common tech - then it can still be implimented as Megiddo.

And Newmans... well as I said, their racial description states that they have faster reflexes, yet it is NOT represented in the game. If they get a special ability - I think it should represent those faster reflexes. Stereotypically, the weakest characters tend to be the fastest anyhow - while it's the large and powerful characters who are more sluggish.