PDA

View Full Version : Idea of a new weapon for gunners.

darkante
Dec 12, 2007, 08:33 AM
Rocket Launcher!
I mean we get a awesome Grenade Launcher already so why not a rocket propelled launcher?

Any idea of why that is not in game?
Broken?

Discuss http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 08:35 AM
I'd rather have dual machineguns, but that's a fun idea.

u_r
Dec 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
dual machine guns + glitch = win

Shiryuu
Dec 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
Gatling gun is better.

darkante
Dec 12, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey, plz discuss of main topic weapon. :S
Win or Fail? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Cool idea or not? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 09:27 AM
It would only be as broken as Chikki. Bring it on. I anxiously await the ensuing Armageddon.

u_r
Dec 12, 2007, 09:29 AM
chicken launcher

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
Sure, I'd love to see a rocket launcher in-game. That'd be cool. Maybe to balance it its a really special weapon that does mad damage with its PA, but it uses SO much PP you can only use its best PA 2 or 3 times before draining it, to balance it out. Mainly a weapon for boss battles I'd think. Just some ideas, haha...

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
On 2007-12-12 06:13, Shiryuu wrote:
Gatling gun is better.

Yes. We need Chainguns nao.

Ssslither
Dec 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
Why not take it a step further... A Rocket Launcher SUV, so only Casts can use it for maximum damage?

Skuda
Dec 12, 2007, 09:42 AM
If anything, ST would make a Laser Cannon that shoots a rocket instead of a laser. I highly doubt they would make a brand new weapon type for something that could be easily done with an existing one. Heck, it may even end up a Grenade Launcher with stubby rocket shells instead of photon bombs.

As for the Gatling gun idea, I don't think it would be all that bad. Think heavy mechgun, but you cannot move around while you fire. Maybe add in the ability to pivot with it while you shoot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-12-12 06:44 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-12-12 06:34, Ssslither wrote:
Why not take it a step further... A Rocket Launcher SUV, so only Casts can use it for maximum damage?

Sturm Attacker.

Now if Sturm Attacker were actually a weapon and not an SUV... Imagine rolling into every room and using Sturm at will, with JA nonetheless. FUX TO THE YES.

bloodflowers
Dec 12, 2007, 09:48 AM
Another vote for chainguns. Same fire rate as mechgun but much more power, should be able to strafe with it and the firing should come with a spin-up time.

Reipard
Dec 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
I vote chainguns, but they should be stationary weapons, have spin time before fire and you should be able to go in First Person and aim it ^_^.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
I'd like to see a set of right-handed guns for us to use. It'd be fun to be able to mix and match between different types of handguns and mechguns.

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 09:50 AM
How about a suicide bomb? Kills everything in a particular radius at the expense of all your HP.

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2007, 09:52 AM
Chaingun - 2 handed weapon. Similar to a Rifle. A tad weaker then a mechgun, but shoots faster.

Cathbar
Dec 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
I'd like to see a set of right-handed guns for us to use. It'd be fun to be able to mix and match between different types of handguns and mechguns.

I was thinking the same thing. They should make single handed guns wieldable for either hand.

kissablepimp
Dec 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
Street sweeper will be the best Idea if nobody now that name it's a two handed rail gun

Dhylec
Dec 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
If anything, ST would make a Laser Cannon that shoots a rocket instead of a laser. I highly doubt they would make a brand new weapon type for something that could be easily done with an existing one. Heck, it may even end up a Grenade Launcher with stubby rocket shells instead of photon bombs.

I think you want the bazooka back, Kuda. ;]

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
Potato cannon.

With photon potatoes, obviously.

Turambar
Dec 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
so basically, a grenade launcher that doesn't arc?

darkante
Dec 12, 2007, 10:51 AM
My purpose for a Rocket launcher is that itīs more direct to the target kinda lika rifle is.
Gives out a huge explosion at impact and makes several enemies fly away and make big enemies being knocked down and hit at all hits points within the blast radius.

The length of the rocket would be as long as rifle weapon at least.
Bosses donīt get knocked down of blast but they do get hit at all hitable parts within the blast radius.

The P.a would drain alot of PP and rocket launcher would need to be almost a little slower then the laser cannon for it not to be broken imo.

My general idea of how the rocket launcher should work.

The ult p.a of it could be that it makes the blast extremely powerful and wide but you die of the blast instead.
Kamikaze rocket you could name it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-12 07:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-12 07:55 ]</font>

Ssslither
Dec 12, 2007, 12:09 PM
I would like the idea if there was no death at the end (explosion). I mean I could see a death if you were in the blast radius, but the point of a rifle and any ranged weapon for that matter is to hang back and watch the carnage...

Kion
Dec 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-12-12 05:35, Typheros wrote:

that would be soo broken. get's my vote http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
I want a sniper rifle, not the stupid 2*(or whatever star it is) rifle called a sniper but a sniper rifle that kills any enemy in one head shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bman40
Dec 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-12-12 06:04, u_r wrote:
dual machine guns + glitch = win

WTF is up with glicthing machineguns people, are u all noobs

ApplePIE
Dec 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
why dont they just make that the 13* laser cannon?

Alizarin
Dec 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
I vote for RL. Rappy Launchers FTW! ... because you know, we already have Koltova guns.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
I don't think rocket launchers would be broken. They don't need to be a new class of weapon though. Just a reskin of a grenade launcher really. Maybe you could make the ultimate PA for it have a heat seeking ability or whatever(so as not to be broken by putting the ability on the weapon itself). But yeah I think it's a cool idea, a little more variety in the Grenade Launcher area would be sweet.

xeku
Dec 12, 2007, 04:29 PM
Right on!
And add assault rifles, throw-able grenades (low damage and reduced area, high chance of status effect), and flame throwers to that list..
How about a special that add's a small grenade attachment to rifles, or charge a pistol shot for additional damage.
A bayonet option that works as a nerfed spear (but would free up a weapon slot, and is a nice defensive option in a pinch).
I'm all for chainguns too (as other's already mentioned).
Balance?
Who needs balance...heh - let us gunners be actual gunners!

Complex_Jao
Dec 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-12-12 13:29, xeku wrote:
Right on!
And add assault rifles, throw-able grenades (low damage and reduced area, high chance of status effect), and flame throwers to that list..
How about a special that add's a small grenade attachment to rifles, or charge a pistol shot for additional damage.
A bayonet option that works as a nerfed spear (but would free up a weapon slot, and is a nice defensive option in a pinch).
Balance?

love it

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 07:12 PM
But I already have a flamethrower... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif DamFoi!

Rayokarna
Dec 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-12-12 15:59, Complex_Jao wrote:

On 2007-12-12 13:29, xeku wrote:
Right on!
Balance?

love it

Second

Dragwind
Dec 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
Gi gue bazooka, plox.

Miyoko
Dec 12, 2007, 07:45 PM
Dragwind, you read my mind. I miss my Gi Gue Bazooka from PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It could be an easy new weapon type. Give it the Laser Cannon skeleton, different (bigger) look, give it the slowest firing rate of all guns, and, like Turambar said, a grenade launcher that does not arch.

However, to make it different -- again, much lower firing rate, lower SE, and make it only hit 3 targets. That way, if you can pin enemies against a wall, or hit four at once, grenades are better, but if you need something at a range, or just one quick shot of high damage, go go Bazooka?

NPCMook
Dec 12, 2007, 09:14 PM
Boomerang >.>

And I don't mean like the slicers, I mean it hits 1-2 enemies at max, and element is dependent upon bullet used

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-12-12 18:15 ]</font>

superdood22
Dec 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
just reskin a laser cannon, that shoots sequence missiles that home on multiple (or one) targets that hit with splash damage.

LanVanDam13
Dec 12, 2007, 09:20 PM
no what we need is a rifle that shoots like a mech gun AK47
ahahahah that would own or they should just make it easier to get srank guns took 8 months to get BB

Gryffin
Dec 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
I think we need more like, single handed guns for Fortegunner.... Shadoogs are nice and all, but I certainly would appreciate if they, and hell, even madoogs, were interchangeable hands...

But alas. I'll settle for ANY new guns. Or melee.... preferably guns.

My idea... Single handed gun..

Bombs/Grenades.

Think grenade launcher, but instead, it'd be a glove or something. Faster, Higher PP, higher accuracy, less damage, less knockback, or even NO knockback. Oh, only 2 targets too.

I like the idea of a stationary gun too... :T

KyEmo
Dec 12, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-12-12 06:55, Cathbar wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. They should make single handed guns wieldable for either hand.

It would be great if you could choose if you could be left handed or right handed >.>

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
Gib stationay-use chainguns, gatling guns, miniguns, whatever, I want them!

Randomness
Dec 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
Well, since SEGA decided to shaft gunners in new weapons... (Hunters get Shadoogs and Slicers, Forces got Whips and Madoogs)

I think a 2-handed high speed machinegun with a conical spread would make for a nice weapon. Mass crowd control with low SE and less than Mechgun in damage (But fires faster than mechs). Lower end for %s, and I think you have a nice all-purpose weapon.

People would probably run up to the enemies face to fire though, and negate its usefulness.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 12, 2007, 10:23 PM
a REAL Sniper Rifle that can actually hit tagets from the start of a Block and causes Knockdown every shot

Omega_Weltall
Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
i was wondering if anyone was gonna say assault rifles! I've wanted them from PSO. I was thinking they'd shoot like Rifles but have a 3 bullet burst, stronger than mechguns but not as strong as rifles cause of the 3 bullet burst. Or just be able to set rifles from single rate to semi auto.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-12-12 19:44, Omega_Weltall wrote:
i was wondering if anyone was gonna say assault rifles! I've wanted them from PSO. I was thinking they'd shoot like Rifles but have a 3 bullet burst, stronger than mechguns but not as strong as rifles cause of the 3 bullet burst. Or just be able to set rifles from single rate to semi auto.

Assault rifles, and Gatling Guns. It would be like the handed version of the sizzy machinegun.
http://www.ragnarok-online.it/img/arms_18.gif
http://ro-es.truesource.info/pics/item/big/13159.gif

I DEMAND THEM!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2007-12-12 21:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2007-12-12 21:03 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 13, 2007, 01:03 AM
Gatling gun ainīt a bad idea either. =)

Let say, screw balance and give us weapons of mass destruction already! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Angelo
Dec 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-12-12 22:03, darkante wrote:

Let say, screw balance and give us weapons of mass destruction already! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

See: SUVs

DAMASCUS
Dec 13, 2007, 02:55 AM
I liked the idea of a two-handed machine gun type weapon.
As far as the rocket launcher...maybe instead have an Ult PA for the Laser Cannon. It would be rangers answer to Jabroga...Jabroni Beam! XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2007-12-12 23:56 ]</font>

I-am-Evan
Dec 13, 2007, 04:59 AM
i'd like to see Mechguns real ones not Machineguns

3 shots per attack jus like in PSO combination of twin handgun and machine gun i think that'd be nice

Bman40
Dec 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
i think there should be a assault rifle

Esufer
Dec 13, 2007, 10:22 AM
Main-handed Handgun plz. >_>

Apone
Dec 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
Alt fire for guns would solve alot of problems without having to create new weapon types and diversifying existing weapons at the same time.

darkante
Dec 13, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-12-12 23:04, Angelo wrote:

On 2007-12-12 22:03, darkante wrote:

See: SUVs

Yes, but in a sense you can actually use it out of the SUV. Off course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Uncle_bob
Dec 13, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'd rather just see some unique PA's for existing weapons instead. And it could be better implemented into the game, really.

Maybe something along the lines of a "slug-shot" for shotguns? Just shoots a single bullet but does crazy damage. Rifles totally need a bullet that ignores DFP like bows do. :|

MrBeans
Dec 14, 2007, 12:32 AM
Pssshhhhh. Instead of a chaingun, I'd like an SUV that calls in a helicopter while your character screams "Friendly chopper inbound!" at the top of his/hers/its lungs.

Oh, and I'm all for rocket launchers, too.
(the chopper would include the chaingun)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBeans on 2007-12-13 21:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBeans on 2007-12-13 21:35 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Dec 14, 2007, 03:21 AM
Nuh uh. GATLING GUN! FTW!

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/dragon/images/GatlingF.JPG

Oh gee, hope mods dont mess with my screenies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
NO!, im not obssesed with RO series (well a little bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2007-12-14 00:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2007-12-14 00:25 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
On 2007-12-12 05:35, Typheros wrote:

I have no godly clue why they kept Dual Machineguns out this game.

DarkGiant
Dec 14, 2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, the lacking of dual machineguns perplexed me. (matter of fact I actually thought we had them when I first started playing.....>.>) They could've just had the burst fire from pso to balance it out dammit! >.<

Gattling gun sounds like a good idea. I'd say it should be a stationary weapon like some folks have said because allowing movement on a weapon like that (outside of pivoting.....>.>) would most likely make it broken. -_-' I believe that it should have higher damage though rather than a higher firing rate though (I know realistically speaking it would have a higer firing rate though....>.>) It would be a bigger weapon and generally speaking the bigger the weapon, the higher the power ex. saber= -_- damage, axe= O.O damage

I also like the alternate fire idea. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkGiant on 2007-12-14 05:46 ]</font>