PDA

View Full Version : im a cast and i want to use WHIPS~!

linkz4461
Dec 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
im lvl 15 ff now and i really want to use whips but dont know what class to be />_> which one should i be?

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
If you just want to use whips, go Wartecher. Only go Acrotecher if you plan to put in the effort of leveling your support techs.

_K1_
Dec 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
Wartecher.

linkz4461
Dec 12, 2007, 11:21 AM
ok ty, wt it is. also should i use the card or robot thing (sorry forgot name >_>) for the left handed wep (i dont like handguns >_>)

kissablepimp
Dec 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-12-12 08:21, linkz4461 wrote:
robot thing

I'ts called a shadoog and it's you best bet then cards choose a shadoog instead of cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kissablepimp on 2007-12-12 08:35 ]</font>

Iduno
Dec 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
robot thing no self respecting techer iis going to make the effort to heal another techer who cba to get resta and have it on hand ready to use

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-12-12 08:33, kissablepimp wrote:

robot thing

I'ts called a R-Mag and it's you best bet then cards choose a R-Mag instead of cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kissablepimp on 2007-12-12 08:35 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
i am a cast and i went AT but to use my S rank

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:06 PM
Madoogs (TECH MAGs) are a Wartecher’s offhand of choice. Adding them to your pallet saves you a lot of space on the spells you want to cast. Zodeel, Jellen, Resta/Giresta, and Reverser are the spells I ended up finding the most useful as WT. Pair it with your 1 hand melee. You really don’t need all the buffs and might find it easier to invest in Megistar as a WT, so feel free to save pallet space that way.

Shadoogs are nice auxiliary damage, but they take up the space you’d use a Madoog in, so use them sparingly. Cards do a decent amount of damage as well, but you really won’t use them at all, so I’d only add them if you had the pallet space free. Handguns actually deal more damage/time than bows do in most cases due to the firing rate difference, so be sure not to discard those so quickly.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-12-12 09:29, jayster wrote:

On 2007-12-12 08:33, kissablepimp wrote:

robot thing

I'ts called a shadoog and it's you best bet then cards choose a shadoog instead of cards.

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 01:54 PM
please show me where it says shadoog on one of our "US" version R-Mags (RMSG or whatever they're called also)

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_weapons.php

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 02:06 PM
you do realize that it says "will". That's future tense, we have the expansion, I see nothing ingame labeled as a shadoog and or madoog. Apparently, they have changed the name......

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 02:18 PM
And you do realize that it still is a reference to them being called Shadoogs in the US version on the game's official site. That alone is enough to prove that anyone who calls them that is correct. It's like complaining about "Just Attack" and "Timed Attack" when the official site calls it both.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
And if you call them R-mag and TECH-mag, you'd have to call sabers "Single Handed Blades", cards "Throwing blades", and armors "Line Shields".

Oniko
Dec 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
You really don’t need all the buffs and might find it easier to invest in Megistar as a WT, so feel free to save pallet space that way.

In a perfect world, that may be true. However, I've only grouped with one AT who even knew what a buff/debuff tech was, and they were a good friend of mine. I've also grouped with one GT who had buffs 21+, but I've grouped with tons of AT, GT, and WT who don't buff at all. It's truly a shame, just because 20 cap is the lowest of all the techers doesn't mean you can't fill the gaps, level two buffs are better than no buffs, and thanks to Madoogs it only takes one pallet slot.(heck with all of WT's weapon options you can't fit them all anyway) Basically, if a FT isn't in the group, you can expect that if you don't buff, no one will, at least by my experience(perhaps I'm just unlucky?).

I still agree in most cases WT really shouldn't need to buff at all, but I remain a support class 99.9% of my time in game, even with the increase to GT buffs, and the addition of AT.

Card vs. Shadoog argument: Cards will do better against flying foes like birds(like bow, but with less range more mobility), they are potent and offer you control, Shadoogs will serve you better when you want extra damage/status effects while meleeing. I agree that while both are useful, use them sparingly as you don't want to remove your madoog slots. Personally I find that Shadoog and Whip are a good combination for spreading status effects all over.

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
I think you need level 5 hunter and level 3 force.

linkz4461
Dec 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
i went to become a wt and it said i didnt have the prerequisties >_> i have lvl 10 HU FO and RA, 10 fg anf 15 ff. what do i need?

linkz4461
Dec 12, 2007, 05:23 PM
i have those and it wont let me change D: halp please

linkz4461
Dec 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
SORRY! >_> i actually had 1 FO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

evil666lord
Dec 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
Do you have meseta to pay for the change?

Soukosa
Dec 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:06, jayster wrote:
you do realize that it says "will". That's future tense, we have the expansion, I see nothing ingame labeled as a shadoog and or madoog. Apparently, they have changed the name......

Would you like a list of how many things they don't translate properly in the game? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh, lets remember that they can't stay consist with themselves. Like Go Bajilla (which is actually the most correct translation) and how they can't even spell Zoal Goug properly in the mission description for Moonlight Beast. The official name is "Shadoog" set by the Japanese developers. Get over it.

Lonzell
Dec 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
When a problem comes along
You must whip it
Before the cream sits out too long
You must whip it
When something's going wrong
You must whip it

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with pillian on the use of shadoogs. there are many situations where a shadoog is helpful. Here are a few

vs gaozorans I use a lauching weapon like rising strike of shunbu with an A rank, 10% dark shadoog to inflict confuse. The 10% is to minimize the amount of dark the shadoog has (which will do less damage vs dark enemies)

I use a similar tactic vs the teleporitng spellcasters in the new neudiz mission. I use a fire dagger, and the same dark shadoog for the confuse.

vs Jusuguns (melee resistant), I often just use foie. the one issue with this strategy is that the jusuguns sometimes fly up (and foie does not follow). A shadoog will knock them out of the sky, allowing me to foie to my hearts content. I use a fire shadoog to try and inflict burn.

In sleeping warriors the golormos movement can be erratic so I use a whip, and since it's a 1 handed 2 types of shadoogs: ice (freeze) or 6* dark (virus).

In old rozemon city the techers are pretty nasts (throwing earth spells while you wear lightning armor - for shame!). I use Diga to silence them, but while I am diga-ing, I have the same dark shadoog trying to inflict confuse. I should pick up an earth shadoog an dgo for silence, just have not (yet)

As you can see, anytime there is a 1 handed weapon selected, and you want some additional SE, Shadoogs decent rate of fire and SE procurement can really help level the playing field vs enemies with nassssty tactics.

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-12-12 15:44, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with pillian on the use of shadoogs. there are many situations where a shadoog is helpful.

How is that disagreeing with me? I just said a Wartecher will probably fill that slot with a Madoog for, you know, melee + techs, as the class name implies. I never suggested that there weren't situations where Shadoogs would be useful and I use them more often than any other offhand as Fighgunner. I just don't use them as Acrotecher because, you know, Giresta > auxillary damage.

razkal
Dec 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
Chances are you are not gonna be very successful as a cast with a Shadoog ( TP is too low ). Wanna inflict status effects or knock down flying enemies, ur better of with a card, machine gun or handgun as Pillan stated.