PDA

View Full Version : New guntecher

Kinji
Dec 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
Hey i just made a guntecher and i was wondering if you could tell some good palletes to have and some tips on being a good GT

Ssslither
Dec 12, 2007, 11:25 AM
My pallet: 3 Rifles, 3 Dual pistols, 4 Cards, 2-3 wands. Wands for buffs and resta/reverser/giresta.

Lyric
Dec 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
My palette consists of 1 Bow, 1 Rifle, 1 dual handgun, a dagger/madoog, and two wands with madoogs. I also have shadoogs, 2 other daggers, and another set of handguns that I swap in and out.

Bliven
Dec 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
I prefer using crossbows. my palette is
TCSM/Wand (Shifta Deband Zodial Retier)
Crossbow/Wand (Reverser Giresta)
Crossbow/wand (Reverser Giresta)
Rifle
Rifle
Rifle

I usually carry an additional rifle on me and a shotgun, because I have those bullets leveled from fortegunner.

However, if you use crossbow, get a bullet to 21 before you judge it. 1-20 it's just horrible.

Ssslither
Dec 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ohh yeah how could I forget the S class bow?!?

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
Twin Handguns, Cards, and Crossbows are my main offensive weapons. I also keep a Rifle on hand for long-range combat and for landing SE4. I also keep a GRM Dagger on hand for bullet-resistant enemies and enemies with multiple hitboxes.

As far as supportive goes, I keep a Magical Wand for healing and a combination of a Cometarac and a Pegic for buffs. We're a very good support class so don't neglect levelling those techniques.

Ultimate bullet PAs....I'd say only Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga are worth it. Otherwise, focus on those elemental bullets. Practice your dodging (easy to do because our best weapons are very agile) and you should be good to go.

KlingonMage
Dec 12, 2007, 12:15 PM
I generally carry

Twin handguns
Rifle + 1 spare
Laser cannon + 1 spare
Twin handguns
Twin Handguns
Card + Wand (shifta, deband)
Shotgun

I also carry a spare crossbow, wand with somethign and resta, a spare handgun, a mech gun and a bow.

I'm a beast Gt, so I cant say I can give terribly specific tips. Allthough, defenality dont neglect you buffs, they really help with damage output.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KlingonMage on 2007-12-12 09:19 ]</font>

Soulless
Dec 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
bow
card / wand (resta/zalure) <- main weapon
xbow / wand (resta/zalure)
mechgun / wand (resta/zalure)
madoog / wand: 4 buffs

Not using 2handed guns coz I wouldnt wanna switch back and forth to resta ppl, not to mention that it takes a sec for the weapon to load. I only play GT when Im in the mood to play SUPPORT tho, so this might not be the best palette for everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
My set up revolves mainly around crossbows, with either a rifle or twin handgun in the top slot, depending on the area.

So it’s basically:

Variable 2 hand ranged weapon
Variable 2 hand ranged weapon
Variable offhand / Variable melee
Variable offhand / Debuff Wand
Variable offhand / Heal Wand
Buff Madoog / Wand combo

The offhand with the melee is generally a shadoog, while the other 2 locations are crossbows. Sometimes I’ll add a machinegun or replace one of the 2 hand range slots with another 1 hand/heal wand combo depending on the stage. The 2 hand is generally a rifle or twin handgun or both. I’ll probably add shotguns later on, but I still haven’t bothered working on those. The melee weapon is usually a dagger with Hikai, or a saber with Spinning Strike.

As far as ult PAs go, get Giresta first. Then Killer Shot and Hikai are the next 2 you should plan to purchase. Spinning Strike is good too. Everything else is pretty unnecessary and you’ll most likely struggle finding uses for them.

ACH
Dec 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
xbow+Wand (Reverser Resta)
Mech+Wand (Zalure Jellen)
xbow+Wand (Reverser Giresta)
Twin Handguns
Lasercannon
Techmag+Wand (All the buffs)

I have a Card a Bow with all the elementals and a Rifle with Killshot that I can swap in whenever I need to. But mostly I just use my Crossbows and my Lasercannon. I took me the time to really level Fire Prism and it's fantastic in the right spots

HandOfThornz
Dec 12, 2007, 01:18 PM
A good high level easy to get hold of pallete, now 10* weps are out, making 9* weps real cheap are -

- Twin guns, (9* deathmaker) with lvl40 pa's kicks some behind, also twin guns now have KB!
- Rifle,(9* Phantom) pa's over lvl21 for the SE lvl4 is excellent(dark/ fire a must), add in lvl21+ killer shot pa for robots too
- Single handed guns, i'm not too sure on, i'm still using handgun(9* python) but i hear cards/crossbows work better with high level elemental pa's as they are multi hit.
- Cometarac(8*wand) with Giresta lvl30 and megistar lvl30. invincible!!! (giresta stores up, and contradicts megistars damage to your character!)
- If male Majimra(9* wand)/if female Magical wand(9*wand) for dambarta, diga, foie, megiverse( gizonde pos.)
- Bow's i have'nt tryied yet, even after a year of playing hehe, but i've heard thier great, lvl4 SE i think + KB
- If you do some overnight buff leveling try and get your buffs and debuffs above lvl21, this will help support a team!
- A high elemental % dagger would be helpful on some of the melee enemies too!(9* shiratsuno-zashi) pos. a 9* muktrand(spear) with the ult pa, but i have'nt tryied that yet.

As someone mentioned above concerntrate on support tech's and elemental bullet pa's. Get a load of 1* weaps, in the weapon you choose to use add the elemental pa(s) and go level up that pa! Much cheaper to use 1* weaps to level up pa's with bullets/techs! but be warned, it can be quit boring hitting the same enemy over and over till it dies.hehe!

AOI stuff like madoogs, i dont know anything about, 1 month till release for us EU people =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-12-12 10:21 ]</font>

DAMASCUS
Dec 12, 2007, 01:27 PM
One combo that I have had a lot of luck with is having Zodial & Razonde on a wand and either a dark or fire mechgun in the other hand. You can get in a quick debuff which will allow you to get more hits in with the mechgun and get exp. As you strafe away infecting weaker enemies you can position for some proper nuking; and shock works well with infection and gives you a good opportunity to maneuver.

Bitey
Dec 12, 2007, 01:32 PM
Rifle (Killer Shot)
Crossbow (Good damage element for current mission)/Wand (Giresta/Zalure)
Crossbow (Good SE bullet for current mission)/Wand (Giresta/Reverser)
Card (Good damage element)/Wand (Giresta/Zalure)
Laser Cannon (whatever the ultimate Sleep one is called, I forget)
T-mag (Deband/Retir)/Wand (Shifta/Zodial)

My rifle rarely gets used these day, I may just switch it out entirely. Killer shot does not seem worth it anymore. My Crossbows are my main source of damage as well as SE support. Crossbows are the best SE spreading weapon in the game currently. Cards work really well against crap that is deadly at medium range, crap that is very mobile, or if my party likes to move way too fast (lots of Hunters with Slicers) Cards let me get a few hits in before the mob is obliterated. My cards are also my boss weapon of choice unless the boss is land based where I use my Crossbow instead. The Laser Cannon is for spawns that love to bunch up, a much better choice than Crossbows in that situation for the greater damage opportunity and the fact that bunched up spawns have an annoying habit of evade locking you when you get up close.

A few tips. Level your buffs and healing techniques. You are playing one of the best support classes in the game and if you ignore that fact then you are just playing a gimped Fortegunner wannabe. Try to stay away from weapons that take up both hands on your palate. A GT is about swift ranged support with support techniques, not only are two-handed guns usually slower but you cannot pair a Wand or T-mag with them which limits your support ability. And finally, support SEs are your friend. While you can be very damaging as a GT, your focus should not be on damage because several other classes in the game can trump you in that area. So if you wish to really shine, focus on where your class performs best and that is support with SEs and support with techniques. Having the entire party buffed and healed up while freezing entire spawns in mere seconds is a lot more eye opening than dealing 50 less damage per shot than a Fortegunner...

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:32, Bitey wrote:
Having the entire party buffed and healed up while freezing entire spawns in mere seconds is a lot more eye opening than dealing 50 less damage per shot than a Fortegunner...

Why I chose Guntecher, pretty much. Well said.

majan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:51 PM
all you need is crossbows with yak zagenga,and rifles with killer shot.my running mate with this game has been using that for some time now and,well,fuck,its pretty damn effective.if you want to get fancy,get some dark bullets for the crossbows to infect mobs cus it does one hell of a job.guntecher is very versatile,so if my suggestion doesnt fit your taste,theres a million other options,all the while being able to be completley self sustaining:outputting huge damage while healing and buffing yourself.

though i stand by my claim that yak zagenga is the premier way to dish out mass raw damage as a guntecher,or even a fortegunner.anyone that has crossbows in their weapon selection should most definitely have yak zagenga to level 21.try it once and you will be addicted to its power.being able to plug all 3 bullets into 1 enemy with low HP which adds bonus damage to each bullet,you will be doing up to 2000 damage per shot and it shoots about as fast as a handgun.

now that is O.O