PDA

View Full Version : PVP?

ApplePIE
Dec 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
i mean every one is talking about slicers being all messed up and humans & newmans need a special ability and im just like why do they dont need to fix problems THEY NEED PVP problem solver right there

Alamar
Dec 12, 2007, 01:12 PM
This topic again? You will never see pvp in this game. It is not that type of game. Battlemode would be the closest you get.

D1ABOLIK
Dec 12, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-12-12 09:58, ApplePIE wrote:
THEY NEED PVP No,no,and also no.

________
Buy Silver Surfer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

ayrista
Dec 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
oh jeez, here we go again with the pvp crap

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
I hear there's a character named "Johnny Future!" on the 360 servers who will battle anybody, anywhere to an old skool breakdancing competition. You bring the cardboard, he'll provide the def beats. Word.

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 01:22 PM
PvP would only cause more complaining at this point in the game. The only way it could work is if you had to make a PvP exclusive character, and have all the stats be more resonably balnced for each class/race combo. So PvP=Fail.

D1ABOLIK
Dec 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:21, JAFO22000 wrote:
I hear there's a character named "Johnny Future!" on the 360 servers who will battle anybody, anywhere to an old skool breakdancing competition. You bring the cardboard, he'll provide the def beats. Word.

ROFL

________
Ford C-Max History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_C-Max)

ApplePIE
Dec 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
i said there should be i never said there will be i know they wont have PvP in this game i was just throwing it out there

Turambar
Dec 12, 2007, 02:24 PM
The argument is there "shouldn't be", considering how unbalanced things already are as it is.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
i mean every one is talking about slicers being all messed up and humans & newmans need a special ability and im just like why do they dont need to fix problems THEY NEED PVP problem solver right there

You sir are an idiot.

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
*looks at dead horse and decides not to beat it*

Rizen
Dec 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:42, amtalx wrote:
*looks at dead horse and decides not to beat it*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good idea.

hewitt
Dec 12, 2007, 02:51 PM
o.o geez gais u cant be dat meen D:

Xtian913
Dec 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
What are you people talking about?? PVP is already in the game!!

Check it out! http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nuIuZMTLsc

Kion
Dec 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
is anyone ever going to make a good psu game play video!!? that one sucked. let's take vidoe of our characters randomly dancing in the lobby. I'm sure no one has done tha before.

PVP would be fun as a way for characters to compete directly. Right now everyone is pretty much limited to indirect forms of fighting like races to prove who has less of a life.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
not one of these again...

Maxson
Dec 12, 2007, 03:44 PM
After the Maiden's statement that she saw the races fighting each other in the future (new cinematic in offline AoI), I'm actually worried that they're going to implement some kinda PvP. It sounds like a great way to unbalance everything all over again.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 04:29 PM
PvP + PSO/PSU = not fun to play

edit: oh and the obligatory "bring back challenge mode !" comment.

now lets take this one off the grill already she's way past well done"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-12 13:32 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:21, JAFO22000 wrote:

Someone on Pc/Ps2 servers challenged me to a walk-off (from Zoolander). I got my ass handed to me...

hewitt
Dec 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
rofl

kissablepimp
Dec 12, 2007, 04:46 PM
Another PVP post people thier will never! be a PVP in this game ever! so plaese stop asking this question!

DEM_CIG
Dec 12, 2007, 04:48 PM
lol i hate this topic >.>

superdood22
Dec 12, 2007, 06:10 PM
it wouldnt be unbalanced if you chose your opponents wisely... duh. :/ anywho, battle mode would be an addition which is an auto-k for me. the more the marrier. btw dont announce false shit that oyu dont even know will happen, your misleading so many readers.

MetalIdol876
Dec 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
Just Attack and Freeze / Resist kind of makes PvP pointless for Rangers and Forces.

Complex_Jao
Dec 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
most people that play PSU(most not all)don't need pvp nor want pvp(like i said "most").PSU is a type of game that u play to hang out with friends and get rares and stuff.If you want pvp play WoW or Two Worlds

superdood22
Dec 12, 2007, 07:00 PM
the only problem with that is players that want pvp dont want to play those games, they wanna play PSU (mind you that neither of those games are not least bit similar to PSU, with the exception of being RPGs). basically the community = fuck you if you want pvp.

Complex_Jao
Dec 12, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-12-12 16:00, superdood22 wrote:
the only problem with that is players that want pvp dont want to play those games, they wanna play PSU (mind you that neither of those games are not least bit similar to PSU, with the exception of being RPGs). basically the community = fuck you if you want pvp.

well im being a bitch about it because i dont like pvp in RPGs.never have never will

MELGRIN
Dec 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
lol. PvP would probably be in the top 5 worst things to add to this . probably right before a bowling alley and a swing set.

NPCMook
Dec 12, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-12-12 16:15, MELGRIN wrote:
lol. PvP would probably be in the top 5 worst things to add to this . probably right before a bowling alley and a swing set.

Dude... Swing Set and Bowling alley would rock... you know nothing!

Dragwind
Dec 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
PvP? That would just cause stupid debates and cause people to whine even more. No thanks.

u_r
Dec 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
This game NEEDS pvp.. but PVP that is remade just for PVP (meaning ur attacks dont do the insane damage u do against mobs) but more skill based...

why?!

Because when I'm playing around, walking around or doing whatever, and some high level dude calls me a newb, goes on saying "check my number" blah blah blah... well, we can settle this in PVP?

I'm sick of people smack talking in this game saying omfg look @ my items look @ my number I have 4 chars @ this level..

its like.. errm sooo what? you can do what exactly? kill monsters differently than I can?

Ive surpassed lots of "low" numbered people, and I for one will gladly LOVE to see pvp in this game to settle all the smack talk and turn this game in to a thing of SKILL and not luck + time spent

rogue_robot
Dec 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
Permitting PvP is an excellent opportunity to balance things - under enormous stipulations. The first one: the game needs to be originally designed for PvP in the first place.

Adding PvP now would either be horribly broken or would require a ground-up redesign of the game engine. The whole damn thing.

Second stipulation: character stats must be balanced against other character stats, not enemy stats. PSU balances character stats against enemy stats.

Third stipulation: even basic mobs, in design, must be treated as if they could be playable characters. By this I mean that the enemies' "level" is derived from their stats - no Lv85 Jarbas that can way outpower Lv85 Poltys. Lv85 would have to be Lv85 strength completely without regard to race, such that a Lv85 Jarba would be no tougher a fight in any way than said Lv85 Polty, or, for that matter, a Lv85 Human, Newman, CAST, or Beast.

Fourth stipulation: unless you want to start above Lv1, leaving you less room for advancement, CASTs and Beasts can kiss their SUVs and Nanoblasts goodbye.

Ruffnexx
Dec 13, 2007, 12:15 PM
PvP would never ever ever ever work in this game two words.......... machinegun glitch

Eligaz
Dec 13, 2007, 12:41 PM
I'd love to see PvP in PSU. The thing is that it must not interfere with the PvE. Basically, if they rebalance classes for PvP which in turn makes some of them gimped when it comes to PvE there will be trouble. They need a different set of "rules" for PvP. Loads of games already have a system like that so it shouldn't be impossible.

As of know I wouldn't mind a broken PvP either. It's up to each and everyone to decide whether they want to participate or not, and as long as it's not the focus of the game no one would feel as if they had to. At any rate it'd add some spice and PvP arenas tend to become popular hang out spots. Yes, PvP arenas. Open PvP would be close to impossible to implement here.

If pulled off properly PSU PvP could possibly become insane amounts of fun since it's very far from the point and click based system you see in most online games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eligaz on 2007-12-13 09:44 ]</font>

MELGRIN
Dec 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-12-13 08:00, u_r wrote:
This NEEDS pvp.. but PVP that is remade just for PVP (meaning ur attacks dont do the insane damage u do against mobs) but more skill based...

why?!

Because when I'm playing around, walking around or doing whatever, and some high level dude calls me a newb, goes on saying "check my number" blah blah blah... well, we can settle this in PVP?

I'm sick of people smack talking in this aying omfg look @ my items look @ my number I have 4 chars @ this level..

its like.. errm sooo what? you can do what exactly? kill monsters differently than I can?

Ive surpassed lots of "low" numbered people, and I for one will gladly LOVE to see pvp in this to settle all the smack talk and turn this in to a thing of SKILL and not luck + time spent

umm what would that settle? if everyone is the "same" fag

Mewnie
Dec 13, 2007, 12:51 PM
Adding PvP after the fact in any PVE game is just inviting disaster. Endless rebalancing / redesigning core elements of the game.

You want PvP, play a game that was MADE for PvP. TF2 is good for that.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 13, 2007, 01:42 PM
Oh no, not again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

hewitt
Dec 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
PVP would be great for this game. IF people didnt complain about whatever steals their cookie =/ and to fix the stats rebalancing thing why not just have a C B A S and S2 mission. Like 1-20 go in the C mission lvl 21-40 B lvl 41-60 go in A and 61-80 in S and finally 81-110 S2 i guess that system might need fixing to but it would make it so they dont have to balance anyones stats when they go in. That is unless they do the pso version where everyone starts out at 1 then goes up everytime they die

Ibuka
Dec 13, 2007, 04:18 PM
It would fun to have a PVP in PSU, Although theres no way you could 1on1 people... Unless the Hunter PA's knock the players 20 feet back like how the NPC do when you hit them with a Hunter PA to keep from spaming.

But it would be fun to play a PSU ver of Steal the Mesta or Race for the Mesta XD

Weeaboolits
Dec 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
I think that if were going to get it, we would have gotten it by now. ;o

GuardianElite
Dec 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
I agree they shouldnt put pvp in psu because it would not solve one thing. There would be in uproar and elitism will rise.... Competition=fail

Itoshi
Dec 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Go play Call of Duty 4 or Team Fortress 2

Both brilliant games for PvP.

If not, play Fury.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
If there is to be PvP in PSU, then they need to arrange a proper framework for it. Personally, what I'd like to see is this: When you make a character, you can choose between Guardians, AMF, Communion of Gurhal and Rogues. Each affiliation has a different set of Expert Classes (ie, AMF could have Heavy Infantry, Reconnaissance, CoG would gain access to Priests, Temple Guards, Rogues could choose to be Pick-pockets, Brawlers, etc), and no PvP is permitted to occur between members of the same organization; Guardians could fight AMF, CoG or Rogue personell, but never other Guardians. If this sort of thing were added to the game, I think we'd see some facility for PvP. Re-balancing existing race-class combinations would be unnecessary, as the new race-class combinations would be balanced against them and eachother. There'd also be a separate set of missions available to each organization, with a few missions in common for each group.

If I meant this to be a complete discussion, I could go into details on conceivable base and expert classes for each organization, but, meh.

All things considered, PvP is brought up often enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets crammed sideways and upside down into the next expansion.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:19, D1ABOLIK wrote:

I dont know what all the PVP hate is about. Its not like we're asking for a hardcore Guilty Gear mode here, just a little Free for All/ Teamplay carnage. Its not like we would last very long anyway.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:19, D1ABOLIK wrote:

I dont know what all the PVP hate is about. Its not like we're asking for a hardcore Guilty Gear mode here, just a little Free for All/ Teamplay carnage. Its not like we would last very long anyway.

I personally think it would be fucking awesome if it set everybody's level and gave us items to kill eachother with in a stage. It didn't work in PSO at all, but thats because PSO's battle engine was fucking garbage.

PSU has strafe and much better ways of dealing damage than just getting knocked down. If they set the stage with random capsules or something that had weapons with pre-set Photon Arts, then it would be awesome.

Edit: Granted PVP means BATTLE MODE. A mode where we can hit eachother during PVE is fucking suicide on the most asinine level. Hell no that wouldn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-13 14:14 ]</font>

Reipard
Dec 13, 2007, 05:12 PM
Mentioning PVP is like flipping a switch on these boards that instantly triggers massive unreasonable resistance.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
Qf fucking t.

Jezzabelle
Dec 14, 2007, 04:15 PM
I think PVP would be grand. They'd just make rule battles to ajust the balance just like in GCN PSO. Which was hell of alot of fun. PVP always is, because no computer can ever test you like another good player.