PDA

View Full Version : how come

beatrixkiddo
Dec 12, 2007, 01:28 PM
Luck, smart trading.

And don't forget high % A-Ranks can be just as good as S-Ranks, even if they aren't as shiny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-12-12 10:29 ]</font>

Pure_Insanity
Dec 12, 2007, 01:28 PM
How come most of you guys have all those l33t rarz? i was checking out the picture topic and i see people with +10 S rank weapons! what the hell? i spend a considerable amount of time in this game and all i've got is two Crimsons and a Crea Doubles (given by a friend).

so yeah spill the beans guyz, what's your secret!? 100000+ hours of play? hacked $$$? acquantainces in sega? WHAT!?

and it's not just the quantity of your weps of course, but also the quality. so many and so good... *sigh* the world is an unfair place *slits*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure_Insanity on 2007-12-12 10:29 ]</font>

Ryudo
Dec 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
1up cup.

EspioKaos
Dec 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:29, Ryudo wrote:
1up cup.

That's how I got the few I have. Well, except for my Dori. That was my first (and currently only) S-rank that wasn't part of the Cup. I still have a number of boards that I'd like to synth while we still have our bonuses. I just need to work on collecting all of the necessary materials. I could always buy them from player shops, but I refuse to pay half a million (or more!) for an Ortapolymer.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
Luck, actually hunting them, smart shopping....

How many of these topics are there, now?

Pure_Insanity
Dec 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
did 1up have all those uber rares? i was there the whole time and the best thing i saw drop was probably a svaltus sword. i mean all that dropped there were like 2 headed ragnus, stormlines, crimsons, halarods, crea doubles, mugunruks. NOT the psycho wands, muktengeks, shura-hikens, grand crosses, yamata misaki/senbas, ragan-ragans, serafis, etc that everyone but me seems to have ;_;

and bleh at A ranks... they all look the same, at least the S ranks have cool designs.

but are %s really that important? i heard in aoti they didn't matter as much... speaking of which, is it because i don't have AOTI yet that my wepz suck? maybe it's in the new missions that everyone's getting their awesome drops! that would be nice cause i should get aoti soon (i hope so you damn play-asia) and then i could get the l33t rarz too......!

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
S-rank weapons are really not that much better than A-ranks, and there's some A-ranks that are better than S-ranks. They're all for looks and signs of achievement. So don't worry too much about it.

Kelvie
Dec 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
"smart shopping", "smart trading"... Why the hell does this make me laugh so much ?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:44, Kelvie wrote:
"smart shopping", "smart trading"... Why the hell does this make me laugh so much ?

I dunno how your brain works so I can't answer that question!

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
Sometimes you can get lucky if you watch prices some body will usualy undercut everyone by a few mill.

Pure_Insanity
Dec 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:43, Typheros wrote:
S-rank weapons are really not that much better than A-ranks, and there's some A-ranks that are better than S-ranks. They're all for looks and signs of achievement. So don't worry too much about it.

Yeah, i try not to and actually believe i'm doing well and have a nice set of weps, but then i come here and i see everyone and their grandmothers with all those incredibly rare items and eh it's kind of depressing <_< maybe i should just play alone in my own little mission and ignore the world around me ;_;

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:47, Pure_Insanity wrote:

Yeah, i try not to and actually believe i'm doing well and have a nice set of weps, but then i come here and i see everyone and their grandmothers with all those incredibly rare items and eh it's kind of depressing <_< maybe i should just play alone in my own little mission and ignore the world around me ;_;

And that is exactly how you will find all the shiny S-ranks. Solo, and hoarde. Then sell them and buy the ones you want. But really, just get a set of weapons you like, and don't worry about it. Most S-ranks aren't that great.

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:52, Anduril wrote:

On 2007-12-12 10:47, Pure_Insanity wrote:

And that is exactly how you will find all the shiny S-ranks. Solo, and hoarde. Then sell them and buy the ones you want. But really, just get a set of weapons you like, and don't worry about it. Most S-ranks aren't that great.

Most A ranks aren't great. Most B ranks aren't great. Most C ranks aren't great. What's your point? Ever since the S rank grinders came out, S ranks have been a cut above A ranks.

If you can get a good S rank, more power to you.

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:57, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Most A ranks aren't great. Most B ranks aren't great. Most C ranks aren't great. What's your point? Ever since the S rank grinders came out, S ranks have been a cut above A ranks.

I meant "not that great" in the sense that he shouldn't feel inferior or bad for not having one. Grinding of course makes them good, if you have enough confidence to do so. Which I sadly lack...

Ssslither
Dec 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
During 1-up cup I got the Rattlesnake [B] in Moatoob - 50 MIL goes a looong way... The party had 5 ppl too. I also just picked up the Shigga Desta [B] with a 2 person party. I would recommend going to a different (less crowded) universe. Also during the 1 up-cup bonus missions, S class [B's] were dropping like crazy.

Pure_Insanity
Dec 12, 2007, 02:10 PM
it's not that i feel inferior by not having as much s-ranks as others, but it just seems like all the time i dedicate to psu isn't paying off. no matter what most people are always one step ahead and it's kind of annoying. but meh seems like there's not much i can do about it but hope for luck.

unless of course the people with mad rarz are hiding their secrets. lolz anyways...

On 2007-12-12 11:05, Ssslither wrote:
During 1-up cup I got the Rattlesnake [B] in Moatoob - 50 MIL goes a looong way... The party had 5 ppl too. I also just picked up the Shigga Desta [B] with a 2 person party. I would recommend going to a different (less crowded) universe.

that's what i do really, i have a regular group of friends to play with... and some of them play this game A LOT and even they don't have all those weps i see in the pictures posted in this forum.

lol luck

Ezodagrom
Dec 12, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:40, Pure_Insanity wrote:
did 1up have all those uber rares? i was there the whole time and the best thing i saw drop was probably a svaltus sword. i mean all that dropped there were like 2 headed ragnus, stormlines, crimsons, halarods, crea doubles, mugunruks. NOT the psycho wands, muktengeks, shura-hikens, grand crosses, yamata misaki/senbas, ragan-ragans, serafis, etc that everyone but me seems to have ;_;

and bleh at A ranks... they all look the same, at least the S ranks have cool designs.

but are %s really that important? i heard in aoti they didn't matter as much... speaking of which, is it because i don't have AOTI yet that my wepz suck? maybe it's in the new missions that everyone's getting their awesome drops! that would be nice cause i should get aoti soon (i hope so you damn play-asia) and then i could get the l33t rarz too......!

yep, it's the aoi missions. I've been doing Sakura Blast S (aoi mission in hot springs) alot, there got 10 [B] crimson (sold 8 of them), 2 [B] gekitsnatac, 2 [B] mizurakihoh, 1 [B] Shura-Hiken, 1 [B] Raikasobra, 1 [B] Dori, ... (and I'm looking for deva-zashi...no luck on that <.<)

Pure_Insanity
Dec 12, 2007, 02:15 PM
whoamg all that? either you're extremely lucky or the aoi missions are that damn good for rares. hopefully 2nd option is right. shame the holy luck everyday bonus will be gone by the time i get aoi >_> unless play-asia hurries up of course, but doubt it. PAL gamers = takeshafts

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:15, Pure_Insanity wrote:
whoamg all that? either you're extremely lucky or the aoi missions are that damn good for rares. hopefully 2nd option is right. shame the holy luck everyday bonus will be gone by the time i get aoi >_> unless play-asia hurries up of course, but doubt it. PAL gamers = takeshafts

Yeah, the drop rates on the AoI missions are crazy. You will see an S rank [B] or made S weapon drop every few runs. But you will curse them at the same time becuase odds are htye will skip you unless they are set on finder and you get to it quickly....So many Sanzu-hikens...Never one.....*goes to cry in a corner*

Kylie
Dec 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
Smart shopping, good investments, luck, 1UP Cup. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ezodagrom
Dec 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:15, Pure_Insanity wrote:

well, I've been soloing that mission for around 1 week, I can do 1 run in like 25 - 30 mins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
S-rank slicers and whips drop constantly thats why you can buy them for so little how about a better drop rate on the kazarod and the syco wand, untill that happens quit your whyning.

P.S. It aint never gonna hapen. (=

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:30, Kiata wrote:
S-rank slicers and whips drop constantly thats why you can buy them for so little how about a better drop rate on the kazarod and the syco wand, untill that happens quit your whyning.

P.S. It aint never gonna hapen. (=

Actually Psycho Wand does have a better drop rate than before. They increased the rates for Area Drops when the pre-expansion update came out.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:38 PM
Ive Benn soloing the sleeping war S2 for a week and still havent found it maby the game hates me or somthing.Do you know how hard it is to solo that on a newman FT take forever to.

Legendria
Dec 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 360, the only S Ranks that aren't generally affordable (Under 3 million) are ones that require Catilium (lol), ones that didn't have drop rate increased with AotI (Kan Yu), and ones that require enemy parts (Gaozoran Rod/Svaltus).

Hell, S Rank boards that require Catilium are selling for 50k.

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:38, Kiata wrote:
Ive Benn soloing the sleeping war S2 for a week and still havent found it maby the game hates me or somthing.Do you know how hard it is to solo that on a newman FT take forever to.

I never said it was easy, I said it was easier. Odds are you'll eventually find the [B], but then good luck finding the diads....maybe I shouldn't have brought up diads, I may have started a new wave of diad whining..*prays it is not so*

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:44, Anduril wrote:

I never said it was easy, I said it was easier. Odds are you'll eventually find the [B], but then good luck finding the diads....maybe I shouldn't have brought up diads, I may have started a new wave of diad whining..*prays it is not so*

LOL

Golto
Dec 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
AOI drop rate and 1up cup rares period.

Pre 1up cup and AOI 3+ months of hunting till I got my Desta. If I saw 1 srank board drop a week I was lucky.

First Day of AOI 2-3 sranks dropped for me.

Yesterday in 4 runs of Sakura Blast S: [B] Crimson x2, 10* yohmei axe board. Average number of solo runs of AOI sranked missions per s rank board/weapon drop for me ~4.
It will be interesting to see once we lose our +3 luck to see if this changes at all.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
The 3 star luck doesnt afect item drops only grinding synth and material drops like the gaozorian rod(material) the item drop rates wont change but also the item dropp rates inj the new AOI missions is by far the highest in the game.

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2007, 03:06 PM
Meh, super fancy is okay I guess. If you get hung up on all that the game starts to slip away. I play the game because it's fun, not to find fancy stuff.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:19, Lorelei wrote:
Smart shopping, good investments, luck, 1UP Cup. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow_Wing
Dec 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
A large serving of luck, and a side dish of trading.

Yea... probably one of the people u saw with a S+10 weapon <<

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2007, 04:15 PM

20-25 minutes is "forever"???

Aviendha
Dec 13, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-12-12 10:57, Broodstar1337 wrote:

S-ranks are severely overrated. 9* does 90% of the damage of a 12* and is way easier to get a good % or high grind on (grinds are overrated too though). Other than unique Kubara S-ranks (Agito Repca, Psychu Wandu, Halp, etc) and pretty graphics, A > S

Hokokaru
Dec 13, 2007, 12:43 AM
lol Im super 1337, I have 3 sweet deaths, gizaha-zashi, and a storm line =) must of cost me less that 2mil XD while i look at that people that buy 1 item for x3 what all mine cost =/

pikachief
Dec 13, 2007, 01:11 AM
i have 1 of each type of S rank except rifle, rod, twin claws, twin daggers, crossbow, mechgun, and long bow.

after i get these 7 S ranks my collection of 1 of each S rank type will be complete! ^.^

also i bought about 75% of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pure_Insanity
Dec 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
I see you must have lots of $$$ then... farming Catiliums ftw I guess. *goes do the same*