PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hoping for S3 (or w/e final mission range will b

Legendria
Dec 12, 2007, 02:02 PM
Comparable to Ultimate PSO v2?

All of the boosts seem to be leaning towards making PSU like how PSOBB ended up as.

Assuming cap = 200, 1-80 is easy, 80 - 150 is moderately tough, and then the final range being 151-200 becomes insanely tough.

Maybe not "Every single monster shoots 100% proc Megid from rifle range and has 100k hp and is resistant to all attack types and elements", but something exponentialy harder then what we have available.

Ultimate is the best thing that ever happened to PSO. Although even after all of these years, I think Ultimate V2 was a lesson in crossing the thin line between difficulty and frustration, it proved a good point about how to make a game SLIGHTLY less about grinding to max level and grinding missions for that one super rare drop, and more about making teams of people who were competant enough to complete the toughest missions available(a certain V2 mission where Gi-Gue's dropped a very special sealed weapon comes to mind).

PSO is meant to be a fun game, but an upper limit needs to be introduced to the game. A person being able to solo the hardest mission available consistantly only brings boredom to the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2007-12-12 11:04 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
I say we could've had a harder game right now if it weren't for the crybabies that thought Moatoob was too hard Last Thursday.

Kylie
Dec 12, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there will be some tough missions for high levels (which I agree will probably be 200 some day with the way things are going). Though I can't speak for PSO since I didn't play, it makes great sense, and I'm sure or at least hoping they don't intend on keeping the game as is (difficulty-wise) for those high levels.

ryvius
Dec 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
I really hope they cater to the other side of the population that does want a challenge, and that it doesn't take another year of content unlocking to reach that point

jayster
Dec 12, 2007, 02:11 PM
I sure hope we get super high rank missions. Those will be the best!

RedCoKid
Dec 12, 2007, 02:15 PM
It's ironic that many people who complain about PSU being too easy or boring are also the ones who quickly switch to the most popular and strongest classes. Want a challenge? Try soloing Neudaiz as a FT for boss box rares. Difficulty is relative.

Jao
Dec 12, 2007, 02:15 PM
i think the s3 monsters will be higher than 200.
maybe like 230-250

Reipard
Dec 12, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'm hoping S3 missions will be slightly revised like old PSO Ult. missions.

You know, like going to Mad Creatures S3 would have it take place at night or in the rain. Sleeping Warriors S3 would have the relics awakened, so on.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:15, RedCoKid wrote:
It's ironic that many people who complain about PSU being too easy or boring are also the ones who quickly switch to the most popular and strongest classes. Want a challenge? Try soloing Neudaiz as a FT for boss box rares. Difficulty is relative.

At least someone else here feels my pain. (thats a jab all you cast MG glitchers)

Legendria
Dec 12, 2007, 02:23 PM

There's a big difference between playing the game how you want to play it and encountering extremely strong monsters, then playing a class you arent interested in and using an attack method you aren't familiar with, just so you can feel validated about a "challenge".

You think an experienced FT with skill levels/equipment comparable to a melee class can't walk through Neudaiz? I'll take Megid 40 over Chikki 40, thanks.

Why can't I have a challenge if I play....any melee class whatsoever? The only unpopular class right now is like....Guntecher.

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 02:33 PM

That's not a challenge. Seriously, I got to the point where I could run Demons Above and not take a single hit. Just because it takes a half hour for a techer to finish a solo compared to a fighter's 12 minutes doesn't make techers a harder class to play. Just a slower one.

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
Screw that. Give me S5. Until enemies can thrash me as badly as I can thrash them, keep it coming.

dogg1000
Dec 12, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:15, Jao wrote:
i think the s3 monsters will be higher than 200.
maybe like 230-250

Well considering s2 highest is what 120? Id prob say S3 would only go to 150-160

majan
Dec 12, 2007, 03:11 PM
I hope after S2 it becomes 'U'-rank missions,just for throwback's sake.itll also add the dramatic effect that it isnt just another version of S,but a totally new breed.I just hope they then dont come out with U2.cus then that would just cause all sorts of stupid ass puns.

but yeah,I totally see this mass class-buffing at the start of AOI pointing to something quite different than what weve been seeing so far with all of these pansy ass missions in the expansion.expect some pretty heavy shit in the future because if were getting all of these powerful weapons level caps class buffs and whatnot,then you bet your keester that sooner or later we're gonna need'em. my guess is that theyre really going to hit us hard with some very challenging shit with or slightly after the master classes update.boy oh boy can I not wait to get details on that shit.

but yeah enjoy the easy mode spell while it lasts people cus majan's guess is that it isnt going to last too long and as soon as it does end,my earmuffs of fury will be on toward all the whining about mobs that can 1-hit anything except a totally maxed beast FF.

I hope they come out with a PSU counterpart of Ill Gills.those things were just.....wtf.

also,if your looking for a challenge,go run some military subway S.with a full party of well equipped and leveled people,it will likely be quite easy.but if your looking for a nice fun challenge,grab the inner circle of people you play with like only one or two friends and go try to run that mission.then come to the boards and boast about how imbalanced and unchallenging this game is.the enemies at that mission are only level 90.once S2 of that comes out,then weve got ourselves quite a formidable fun ass mission to play dont we?oh,and the rewards will probably be through the damn roof too.keep in mind too that thats only 1 mission.there can be future parum missions that have the same types of enemies and whatnot with bigger mobs more challenging setups,the works.be prepared for when that hits.

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
Current S2 highest is 120. The AoI missions in S have monsters at over 100, so it's not too far off to say S3 would be way up there close to 200 and beyond. Why the hell not?!

Maxson
Dec 12, 2007, 03:25 PM
Since AoI seems to have brought in new people (and gotten old people to come back), the game's still in "let's introduce people to PSU!" mode. With a little time- maybe, at the very most, after Maximum Attack G finishes in Japan- they'll start serving up the hard stuff again.

eightball
Dec 12, 2007, 03:31 PM
s2 highest now...we have s missions with 110...these new s missions will most likely be around 150 at s2

majan
Dec 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:25, Maxson wrote:
Since AoI seems to have brought in new people (and gotten old people to come back), the game's still in "let's introduce people to PSU!" mode. With a little time- maybe, at the very most, after Maximum Attack G finishes in Japan- they'll start serving up the hard stuff again.

well pointed out. people often neglect that though this is an expansion, it's still a new game pretty much.it would be like expecting no difficulty curve in buying devil may cry 2 an hour after you played through devil may cry 1.

Indica
Dec 12, 2007, 03:55 PM
We need S3 for Holy Relics at Neudaiz. The monsters for S2 are only LV85, so I kinda have a feeling one of the first S3 maps will be there.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 04:16 PM
We will be 200 one day. We will hunt and kill enemies at or around our lvl. Probably slightly higher than ours even. I've said this since day one, when all the noobs laughed at me. And I've been planning for it ever since. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ApplePIE
Dec 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
U-rank missions sound a whole lot better then S3

and i would love to see some of the stuff change so its not just the same mission same monsters same maps the only thing different is the monsters lvl and thats sucks..so come on SEGA change the missions you know a little snow here rain there or you could just give every one some free cash that stops every ones crying

DoubleJG
Dec 12, 2007, 04:21 PM
They'll either have:

1) S3, or which I'd prefer, SS difficulty.

or

2) New missions in generally every area where the S2 creatures are high enough to technically be an "S3" calibur mission.

Powder Keg
Dec 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ultimate mode in Dreamcast PSO was retarded and made no sense, but was fixed in GC/Xbox PSO.

MetalIdol876
Dec 12, 2007, 06:52 PM
We need S4's when we hit the level 200 cap. Enemies would be 300, Bosses would be 400, and the only drops would be Scape Dolls. From every mob, box, and tree. The Boss Boxes should have 16* boards and completed stuff.

Krisan
Dec 13, 2007, 04:02 AM
I would like to see an Ultimate like mode.. not an "S3" mind you, but something with more spice to it instead.. Make the stages look slightly different (similar to how they did Ult in PSO) for dramatic effect, and place some really tough mobs in there that require a team effort to take down in any reasonable amount of time..

This would be very satisfying to me.

If you have to solo in this game (regardless of class) to feel any sense of challenge, then something is wrong. This is a party based game, not a soloing one, so you shouldn't have to switch to so and so class and go it alone in a select mission to feel any sense of difficulty..

Besides, I disagree anyway. It wouldn't necessarily be harder for a Fortetecher to solo that mission, it'd just take a little longer than a Hunter type.. Length does not automatically equate difficulty.

Oh, and by the way.. Soloing defeats the point of the kind of challenge the OP was trying to present.. He wanted something that required "teamwork" after all.. not much of a teamwork challenge when you're by yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-13 01:03 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Dec 13, 2007, 04:20 AM
On 2007-12-13 01:02, Krisan wrote:
I would like to see an Ultimate like mode.. not an "S3" mind you, but something with more spice to it instead.. Make the stages look slightly different (similar to how they did Ult in PSO) for dramatic effect, and place some really tough mobs in there that require a team effort to take down in any reasonable amount of time..

This would be very satisfying to me.

If you have to solo in this game (regardless of class) to feel any sense of challenge, then something is wrong. This is a party based game, not a soloing one, so you shouldn't have to switch to so and so class and go it alone in a select mission to feel any sense of difficulty..

Besides, I disagree anyway. It wouldn't necessarily be harder for a Fortetecher to solo that mission, it'd just take a little longer than a Hunter type.. Length does not automatically equate difficulty.

Oh, and by the way.. Soloing defeats the point of the kind of challenge the OP was trying to present.. He wanted something that required "teamwork" after all.. not much of a teamwork challenge when you're by yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-13 01:03 ]</font>

Of course, unlike pso, you have 6 people in party that kinda takes the challenge away.. I'd back to 4 peeps and s2 should be like 140-150 range

dogg1000
Dec 13, 2007, 04:40 AM
well from what i remember ppl sayin there was c b a s s2 s3 s4 and u missions

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 07:05 AM
PSU Ultimate was simply Frustrating. If everything had more HP and more Attack, i could live with it, but the fact that EVERY hit knocked you down at any level and 90% of your melee attacks missed really annoyed me more than anything.

The Map re-colors and boss re-skins were what was worth it. (Vol Opt v2.0 was awesome)

Legendria
Dec 13, 2007, 08:13 AM
On 2007-12-13 01:20, GuardianElite wrote:
Of course, unlike pso, you have 6 people in party that kinda takes the challenge away.. I'd back to 4 peeps and s2 should be like 140-150 range

The higher party limit would only increase the need for a party to finish Ultimate.

If the monsters are set for 4 people max to take them on, someone running solo could probably do it if they took the time to be careful and advance slowly.

If they were set for 6 players, I don't think solo is going to work at any rate whatsoever. This is how its supposed to be.

darkante
Dec 13, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-12-13 04:05, RemiusTA wrote:
PSU Ultimate was simply Frustrating. If everything had more HP and more Attack, i could live with it, but the fact that EVERY hit knocked you down at any level and 90% of your melee attacks missed really annoyed me more than anything.

The Map re-colors and boss re-skins were what was worth it. (Vol Opt v2.0 was awesome)

Try being a Fonewman on offline.
Using Deband and jellen!
You will be the one to give the enemies a living hell! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Think i did around 600-700 per rafoie blast barehanded on bartles and bartles hurts me for only 5 hp at most lol..
(Turtoise looking enemies in Forest Ultimate difficulty)

Nuke ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

darkante
Dec 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
On 2007-12-13 05:35, darkante wrote:

Using Deband and jellen!
You will be the one to give the enemies a living hell! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Think i did around 600-700 per rafoie blast barehanded on bartles and bartles hurts me for only 5 hp at most lol..

Nuke ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Online thou is a bitchslap in magic power to the face for mages. :S
Still easy though.

Legendria
Dec 13, 2007, 08:44 AM
On 2007-12-13 05:35, darkante wrote:

Using Deband and jellen!

Um, no.

Ultimate in BB (BB being online-only, fyi) had monsters with such high resistances that even FOnewm's had to support to some extent. They nerfed the living hell out of magic with the exception of max level Rafoie, and even that had limited uses.

rogue_robot
Dec 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
Wow, does nobody here consider the people who want to play alone, rather put up with some of the stupid crap random parties throw at you online? Or somebody who really wants a rare which just so happens to be at your hypothetical difficulty, but doesn't want to risk someone else getting it on random/in order/whatever distribution the party's using, because they have a life away from the game that demands their time, too? (Of course, that's why I play offline.)

Seriously, if you just plopped an "Ultimate" difficulty into this game, it'd just piss people off. It would have to work more like in PSO, where you can use online characters offline, etc., and enemy stats are gimped offline so that you can still solo for that rare, but when you get back online, the enemies are back to being complete badasses to keep the game interesting.

Of course, we lost the ability to use offline characters online because of all the cheating. That's why Ult. in PSU will never work.

tailz
Dec 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
[/quote]

At least someone else here feels my pain. (thats a jab all you cast MG glitchers)

[/quote]

lol just ftr... beasts make better MG glitchers

ATA goes out the window with the right equipment

Nuclearranger
Dec 13, 2007, 11:54 AM
They could just implement a solo mode where noone can join your game but it is easyer to get your rares and stuff....

Mewnie
Dec 13, 2007, 12:34 PM
Just dropping in a set of retarded difficult missions would only make things worse, as it would drive off more casual players who wouldn't stand for such frustration, and the hardcores would just bust through it in a matter of weeks and be bored again.

Mewnie
Dec 13, 2007, 12:36 PM
Granted, I would like to see some more variation on maps, but that might just be a limitation due to console memory/load times. But any mission where you can barely nick stuff and it has ten fuckzillion hp? Leave me out, that's not fun. That's just masochism.

Mewnie
Dec 13, 2007, 12:37 PM
Damn, double post.. forum is being a whore today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2007-12-13 09:42 ]</font>

Esufer
Dec 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:05, Broodstar1337 wrote:
I say we could've had a harder game right now if it weren't for the crybabies that thought Moatoob was too hard Last Thursday.

Agreeeeeed. People need to leave Parum/Neudaiz.

GuardianElite
Dec 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-12-13 08:54, NuclearRanger wrote:
They could just implement a solo mode where noone can join your game but it is easyer to get your rares and stuff....

I agree with you there most of time i dont like to party with people

Dragwind
Dec 13, 2007, 04:12 PM
To the OP, it sounds very good. I do feel the same about the direction that they are taking PSU in. It is starting to feel like less than a forced grind, and more fun with enough stuff to grind for those who wish to do so.

dogg1000
Dec 13, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-12-13 11:57, Esufer wrote:

On 2007-12-12 11:05, Broodstar1337 wrote:

Agreeeeeed. People need to leave Parum/Neudaiz.

Soloing DT and DG S2 ftw! =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dogg1000 on 2007-12-13 13:47 ]</font>

Helly
Dec 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
Not if they call it S3!

U for Ultimate would be best!

blkbeast
Dec 13, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:22, Kiata wrote:

well we Mg glitchers really tend to stay away from neudaiz...bad luck kinda place for us...lol jk nice point though Kiata & RedCoKid

GuardianElite
Dec 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-12-13 13:49, Helly wrote:
Not if they call it S3!

U for Ultimate would be best!

I could care less what they call it. It all gonna be the same at the end.

Gen2000
Dec 14, 2007, 03:53 AM
Want a challenge? Try soloing Neudaiz as a FT for boss box rares. Difficulty is relative.

This is not difficult, it's just long and tedious because FTs are crappy damage dealers to bosses combined with Onma/Dimma stay in air for 90% of the fight.

Since PSU seems to be all on a PSO nostalgia fest I do hope Ultimate like mode returns in PSU flavor. S3, 4, 5, 6, 7, whatever as long as there is a REAL need to actually play in 4+ man parties and use tactical PAs like Mayalee Fury/Boma Maga/etc again or even Debuffs.

Everyone complaining about it driving casuals away it's not like the easy mode missions will go away, casual players can still play those if they won't more a braindead slaughter fest.

AnamanaAU
Dec 14, 2007, 04:48 AM
I'd rather brand new missions over rehashed difficulties. Quest missions, Some form of TTF that isn't exploitable, stage recolours. Just give me something new.

Redundant online gaming challenges? Kind of reminds me of this;
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6203/1191509091993su8.jpg