PDA

View Full Version : New to the 360 and PSU. Is it worth the money?

Mattblaah
Dec 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hi people. Sorry if uyou get this a lot. Ive just got xbox live and PSU, had a quick go and it seems fun, ive always loved sega games but have nver really played a phantasy star. Is this game online worh the price of the expansion and the monthly subscription? Are many people playing this on the 360? Is it easy to get into? Is it better to try without the expansion first?

To be honest any noob info would be great and also opinions. Perhaps if i get into it ill become a regular around here. Also myusername here is my live account name, so if any PSU players want to add me to their freinds list go ahead.

DEM_CIG
Dec 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
if u get the game then get the expansion to it is so much better such there r more ppl with the expansion than with out it...

kissablepimp
Dec 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yes it goten better since the expansion
and to you question yes it worth the money if you into MMO's and No if your not.

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-12-12 13:47, Mattblaah wrote:
Hi people. Sorry if uyou get this a lot. Ive just got xbox live and PSU, had a quick go and it seems fun, ive always loved sega games but have nver really played a phantasy star.

Is this game online worh the price of the expansion and the monthly subscription?

I believe it is worth it, but this question is really relative. You can cancel your monthly subscription at anytime, so I would suggest giving it a try and seeing if you like it or not.

Are many people playing this on the 360?

Yes.

Is it easy to get into?

Yes. The learning curve is not bad at all. As far as starting out as a low level, I always see lower level characters running around, plus people with higher level characters sometimes make alts to level.

Is it better to try without the expansion first?

I would recommend getting the expansion. You will be hard pressed to find a party not running expansion exclusive missions.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 05:11 PM
Welcome aboard and yes it is worth playing. Now here's a few stickies you may find useful for beginners.

advice for beginners
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122525&forum=20&7

Ambitions of Illuminous
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148743&forum=20&1679

What we don't have yet
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160766&forum=20

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-12 14:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-12 14:12 ]</font>

Xtian913
Dec 12, 2007, 05:25 PM
Also, in case you didn't know, you can download a demo of the game on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The people playing the demo are for the most part annoying trolls, but it will at least give you an idea what the core gameplay is like - although it's alot more fun with the changes implemented with the expansion. Good luck! Let us know if you like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-12-12 14:26 ]</font>

Elley
Dec 12, 2007, 05:30 PM
Definitely. The game really takes off once you get a good group that's in to the S rank missions or higher. That's when PSU starts.

Mattblaah
Dec 13, 2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated. One more thing though. I have noticed that the monthly payment is £6.99 and not done in market place points. Does this mean i will need a credit card as market plae does not take switch cards. If this is the case i may not be able to anyway.

easy
Dec 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
not worth the money trust me get a gold card for xbox 360 its better you can play on more game
not this game and its cheaper

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-12-13 10:15 ]</font>

easy
Dec 13, 2007, 01:20 PM
can some one help me how do you the cancel your monthly subscription

Xtian913
Dec 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-12-13 09:54, Mattblaah wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated. One more thing though. I have noticed that the monthly payment is £6.99 and not done in market place points. Does this mean i will need a credit card as market plae does not take switch cards. If this is the case i may not be able to anyway.

Yes, the only way to pay for PSU monthly is through a debit or credit card.

On 2007-12-13 10:20, easy wrote:
can some one help me how do you the cancel your monthly subscription

In order to cancel your PSU subscription you have to call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and talk to a customer service person. You can then tell them that you want to cancel it. That's the only way, as far as I know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-12-13 10:30 ]</font>

Mattblaah
Dec 13, 2007, 01:42 PM
Damn so i cant play anyway. I only have a switch card which market place wont accept.

Xtian913
Dec 13, 2007, 02:15 PM
Damn, that sucks. What's a switch card?

Bolvyn
Dec 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
I would ge the expation you will like it.

If you need help look me up and I will help you on line. look for my name (Bolvyn) I am the only one out there. Hope to see you on. Good luck to you.

jayster
Dec 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
If you have a life, then no. It's not worth the money. Otherwise, it's a nice and relaxing game to play.

Elley
Dec 13, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-12-13 14:30, jayster wrote:
If you have a life, then no. It's not worth the money. Otherwise, it's a nice and relaxing game to play.

It's a good thing I have no life then. Makes the game much more enjoyable.

KatanaRyu
Dec 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
Dude http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I hope you get things working for you soon lol. Microsoft can be a bitch sometimes I have to admit.
I just started out onlinevia 360, altho i dont have the expansion. But if you end up waiting til christmas(like i am) to get the expansion. Look me up. Boomaholic.

Mattblaah
Dec 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
Will do, ill need all the help i can get. Plus us noobs will have to stick together, haha. Prbably gonna try to get a visa card, need one fr market place points anyways. One more question though, i downloaded the online demo to give it a try and it wont connect when i try to play. Is it not up anymore or is it my connection? in whih case will i get the same problem with the proper game>?

KatanaRyu
Dec 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
The demo's been up for a while it just resets everything at the beggining of the next month so you have to start over. As far as i know I dunno whats up with that. As for MSP you should be able to buy 1600 point cards from retail stores like best buy or game stop.

Xtian913
Dec 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
Hmm, the demo won't connect? You tried to connect a few times I'm assuming? I'm not that tech-savvy so I can't even begin to guess at might be wrong, but maybe you can post in the Tech Support section of the forums and see if anybody there had the same problem and can help you out. You sound pretty nice, so I'm hoping you can play the game soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif