PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiasco's The Cool

DizzyDi
Dec 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
Album of the Year.
A friend of mine got the clean leak off some weblog and the album is AMAZIIIING!

Meyfei
Dec 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
pic-cha! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
Will check out later ;o.

Shadowpawn
Dec 12, 2007, 11:25 PM
I'll give it a DL tomorrow. If I like, I'll buy his album.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 13, 2007, 12:55 AM
Is it also about reverse archaeologist zombie gang bangers rising from the grave to ride the subway and get held up by stick-up kids?

Also can someone besides the Dave Chappelle comic regular (forgot his name right now) make fun of the rainbow colored hoodies/shirts/"street-wear" stuff?

People throughout the years in hip-hop have made beef of much less of an abomination!

Also, this album, less brand promotion or more by Lupe capitalist man?
Maybe a reason why people aren't as into it is because of all the namedrops of Maharishi's and sunglasses and skateboard expensive crap?

Solstis
Dec 13, 2007, 01:11 AM
MTV's hosting thing totally doesn't work for me. I'll wait for a later leak, or get it when it comes out (OR BOTH).

Shadowpawn
Dec 13, 2007, 09:41 AM
On 2007-12-12 21:55, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Is it also about reverse archaeologist zombie gang bangers rising from the grave to ride the subway and get held up by stick-up kids?

Also can someone besides the Dave Chappelle comic regular (forgot his name right now) make fun of the rainbow colored hoodies/shirts/"street-wear" stuff?

People throughout the years in hip-hop have made beef of much less of an abomination!

Also, this album, less brand promotion or more by Lupe capitalist man?
Maybe a reason why people aren't as into it is because of all the namedrops of Maharishi's and sunglasses and skateboard expensive crap?

Come to think about it the last album as a bit of a info-commercial.

DizzyDi
Dec 13, 2007, 09:45 AM
This album is much more focused. None of that name dropping stuff, 'cept on like..2 maybe 3 tracks.
I haven't had the chance to give it a real thorough listen.
I can say that, contrary to the name, the album doesn't entirely focus on "The Cool" character. There are about 5 tracks that address the album concept and the rest of the songs are just...songs.

UnderscoreX
Dec 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
One of the tracks actually ends with him announcing the continuation of the character in his next LP, but that probably wont make the retail cut.

Hip Hop saved my life/Street on fire/Fighters/Paris Tokyo I could listen to all day. And probably will as I have Modern History, which is boring.

DizzyDi
Dec 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
THIS PRODUCTIVE YOUNG MAN RAPS ABOUT A HAMBURGER AS IF IT WAS A DRUG DEALER.
BEST RAPPER EVER. YEARS AHEAD OF ANYONE ELSE OMG BEST SONG EVER.
LISTEN TO GOTTA EAT OMG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-12-13 18:25 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 13, 2007, 09:28 PM
Dizzy, we learned via Nasir Jones and that one pic I stole from some angry man blog about the Burger King Hood Superheros commercial on BET that the fast food (and soda companies - yeah tay zonday!) is poison and is headed by drug dealers.

Check it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/im_lovin_it.jpg
It seems I never even changed the image name from where I found it.