PDA

View Full Version : No English/US reviews for AoI?

Helly
Dec 13, 2007, 12:49 AM
I've been checking around some of the more major game sites along with gamerankings/metacritic since the AoI launch and haven't come up with any reviews.

I know the poor reviews for PSU may have hurt the games potential so did Sega place a gag order on reviews? Not send out any review copies in advance or just none at all period? 1UP and the upgrades to and with AoI really could've placed some positive spin on things leading into reviews for the expansion.

Anyone happen ta know what the deal is? Did it just get lost in the holiday shuffle or is there something more going on behind the scenes?

NPCMook
Dec 13, 2007, 01:20 AM
I don't think anyone really cared to review it

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2007, 01:40 AM
It's an expansion for a mostly online game. The offline portion is old online content. You can't really review something that's the same thing but in a new flavour.

Pengfishh
Dec 13, 2007, 02:12 AM
Well, from what I remember of the reviews of vanilla, all they had to say about the online content was that it was lacking. Considering what we have now, a new review would only be a benefit to the game.

DraginHikari
Dec 13, 2007, 02:40 AM
Probably not, considering how ficked Reviews are, PSU is still too 'last' gen for anything decent out of them.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 07:08 AM
they dont review online games most of the time, esp. not expansions.

Where ever you go, do NOT go to gamespot. Their reviews are biased fan-boyish bullshit that are CONSTANTLY altered by the hands of the game devs themselves.

SEGA doesn't pay them like Microsoft or Sony does. Don't expect great reviews from them.

dudeanonymous
Dec 13, 2007, 07:16 AM
Who needs reviews all of the people who are online will tell you the game is actually really good now and critics suck anyways choose things for yourself, but I seriously will tell you the game is awesome now.

Darkly
Dec 13, 2007, 07:32 AM
I saw one review in a uk mag - xboxworld360, i remember that they liked it alot sayig it was a much needed improvement over vanilla.

Helly
Dec 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-12-12 22:40, JubeiSaotome wrote:
It's an expansion for a mostly online game. The offline portion is old online content. You can't really review something that's the same thing but in a new flavour.

I can see maybe reviewing the 360 version would be difficult since you need the base game but the other versions shouldn't be a problem. Even if the offline content is old to us its still new to people who never took the original game online.

On 2007-12-12 23:12, Pengfishh wrote:
Considering what we have now, a new review would only be a benefit to the game.

Yup! You'd think at least 1UP would review it... oh Sega, why must your marketing stink?

On 2007-12-13 04:32, Darkly wrote:
I saw one review in a uk mag - xboxworld360, i remember that they liked it alot sayig it was a much needed improvement over vanilla.

Well thats a good start!

bahk
Dec 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-12-13 04:16, dudeanonymous wrote:
Who needs reviews all of the people who are online will tell you the game is actually really good now and critics suck anyways choose things for yourself, but I seriously will tell you the game is awesome now.

That's the problem. Nobody will tell anyone how good the game is because nobody's actually playing. And if they come across 1 person who does play it and says how awesome it is, what are the odds they'll believe that single person instead of the 50 that'll say WoW is better?

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 14, 2007, 05:52 AM
lol, you guys think reviews aren't based on sponsorship...

doubleEXP
Dec 14, 2007, 10:12 AM
Here's a positive English preview of AotI:

http://teoandsara.no-ip.org/images/misc/aoti_prev.jpg

=)