PDA

View Full Version : Any tricks to rare drops (namely blackbull)?

Punter
Dec 13, 2007, 02:25 PM
So I've been obsessed with finding the blackbull, but it's really been getting on my nerves. I've played through true darkness S about a million times and I still don't have it. Even with the +3 luck at all times. I play true darkness S because it's the fastest for me to do.
I was wondering if there are any tricks/tips to getting a rare boss drop. Should I try and get the rare maps? Is true darkness S really the best place to get the blackbull? Will rank earned on the level effect the boss drop? I'd like to know everything I can do to make getting the blackbull easier, if there are any ways.

Turambar
Dec 13, 2007, 02:27 PM
The only advice I can give you is persistence.

Lyric
Dec 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
Sadly there is no trick to it, and it's all just luck of the draw...and I don't mean in game luck. If there's anything we've had drilled into our heads around here, it's that "Luck only affects grinds and drop-anything rates" according to a certain FT. This is, however, true. You'll just have to keep running the mission.

I know I've been hunting a Kan Yu for a few weeks now. Alternating between Plains Overlord S2 and missions containing Svaltus in hopes of the rare variant popping up. No luck for me so far.

Good luck in your search http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bolvyn
Dec 13, 2007, 02:55 PM
I would have to say keep grinding on the mission. Or try go to different universes and grind. You should find it some time soon.

Good luck to you.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
keep running the mission...till it drops, maybe.

th0rnz
Dec 13, 2007, 03:32 PM
Like everyone else has already said, there are really no tricks on making it drop any faster.

Just have patience and run it more.

dogg1000
Dec 13, 2007, 03:49 PM
I know how u feel when i had found my blackbull i had been searching for 6 months and had done 1k runs of all the places that it drops... But True darkness is the easiest place to find it. 2nd easiest id say for a gunner would be endrum looking for grina S but i had no luck there.

Esufer
Dec 13, 2007, 03:51 PM
I find hunting it until it drops to be the most effective method.

MSAksion
Dec 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
Speaking of doing the same ridiculously boring mission over and over...

...Onmagoug S or S2. We did this all summer. When summer break ended we woke up early before class to run 1 or 2 right up until 1cup in october. Mornings, sometimes during lunchbreaks, and nights and weekends. The MOTHER $%*(#@ things dont drop!

Also - Rainbow Beast s2 - that damned Kagjigbari doesn't drop the Shi Kikami either!!! 4 blocks of Barta is annoying even now as i'm lvl 105 with a team of 100's - no one wants to Rainbow beast cause of low exp and ridiculously low drop rate.

Sega has to either increase original PSU drop rate or reduce AOTI drop rate.

REDUCE AOTI Drop rate. Thats right you heard me i'm not insane.

Everyone and their mother has like 1 or 2 of those pretty but pretty ineffective 10* Yohmei rifles, Every FRICKIN AcroTecher has at least 3 S rank Madoogs and shadoogs, and AFs have all 6 element types of 11* Slicer its insane!

And us Guntechers are scrambling around STILL trying to find HYPERVIPER, CUBO MUSRANA and nothing in AOTI YET has provided much hope.

So new AOTI stuff is near worthless in price (3million for 10*Yohmei rifle vs 60+mil blackbull) and old stuff is still 20 million or more. Cept halarod - that things i've seen for 900k lol

Turb0
Dec 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
^We'll be getting up to 15* weapons eventually, 10* and even 11* won't be that big of a deal.

Tita
Dec 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
boss drops = chinese water torture

Tulio07
Dec 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
you won't find it untill you stop caring. I don't know why, but that seems to be how luck is. As long as you look for it, it won't drop

-Tidus_415-
Dec 13, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-12-13 16:54, MSAksion wrote:

...Onmagoug S or S2. We did this all summer. When summer break ended we woke up early before class to run 1 or 2 right up until 1cup in october. Mornings, sometimes during lunchbreaks, and nights and weekends. The MOTHER $%*(#@ things dont drop!

Also - Rainbow Beast s2 - that damned Kagjigbari doesn't drop the Shi Kikami either!!! 4 blocks of Barta is annoying even now as i'm lvl 105 with a team of 100's - no one wants to Rainbow beast cause of low exp and ridiculously low drop rate.

Everyone and their mother has like 1 or 2 of those pretty but pretty ineffective 10* Yohmei rifles, Every FRICKIN AcroTecher has at least 3 S rank Madoogs and shadoogs, and AFs have all 6 element types of 11* Slicer its insane!

And us Guntechers are scrambling around STILL trying to find HYPERVIPER, CUBO MUSRANA and nothing in AOTI YET has provided much hope.

So new AOTI stuff is near worthless in price (3million for 10*Yohmei rifle vs 60+mil blackbull) and old stuff is still 20 million or more. Cept halarod - that things i've seen for 900k lol

Yup...I really hope 13-15* stuff has original PSU drop rate. That would make everything more fun again.

Lyric
Dec 13, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-12-13 16:54, MSAksion wrote:

Amen T_T

I got so fed up with hunting for Hyper Vipers that I switched classes.

Do you know how horrible it is that after hunting forever for Hyper Viper, one finally dropped. Right in front of me. It was like a shiny gift from God. I leaned down and grabbed it...and it went to the dude who didn't want to run the mission. It was during 1-up...Sooo disappointing...

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2007, 11:23 PM
The minute you give up is the minute someone else finds it.

Zorak000
Dec 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
stand on your head
spin around realllllly fast
run to the end of the block and back
log on to PSU
run "True Darkness S"
????
profit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2007-12-13 20:27 ]</font>

Lyric
Dec 13, 2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, usually that's the case. But this was way before I gave up. I just switched to AT last week, and after I max this I'm gonna swap for FF for a while. Then go back to GT. Some sort of balancing between the drop rates of PSU and AoI needs to be established though.

Mewnie
Dec 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
Do you find running on a treadmill for eight hours a day, staring at a white, featureless wall fun?

Lower the droprate to vanilla PSU... You're fucking high.

Alamar
Dec 14, 2007, 12:38 AM
after a lot of time on and off since it came out and exactly 103 runs later still no Blackbull. It does seem Gunners are left out with their Good weapons. I am not talking P wand either that is a 12*. We are talking 10 star weapons here. It is very stupid and pisses me off sometimes. Other 10 star items are hard to find to. But I am willing to bet nothing drops less then BB or even better Rattlesnake(not 10* but a gunner weapon). How many of them RS are out there. Not many I am guessing. And to beat all they are at the biggest pains in the ass bosses to grind(solo). Over and over again. Yes Pwand drops are rare but SW come on I can solo that with no trouble. takes awhile yes(area drop and all) but still the bosses are no where near as bad as us gunner bosses for our weapons.

Lyric
Dec 14, 2007, 12:45 AM
PSU's drop rate needs to be increased /end

-Crokar-
Dec 14, 2007, 01:42 AM
i played 13 hours straight yesterday doing true darkness s doing runs in 5 minutes saw one poison resist in all that time. yay? nothing more

Noblewine
Dec 14, 2007, 02:07 AM
Just keep trying.

Krupp
Dec 14, 2007, 02:12 AM
Its better than doing Grinna bete S for like 400 runs =/. I went to solo TD S for maybe 5 runs after working on grinna betes and got mine. Just keep at it.

FrenziedTator
Dec 14, 2007, 02:57 AM
On 2007-12-13 20:04, Tulio07 wrote:
you won't find it untill you stop caring. I don't know why, but that seems to be how luck is. As long as you look for it, it won't drop

A F*cking men, preach on.

The day I said F*ck it is the day I finally got my board. Waited nearly two weeks to get rewards from the 1up cup. Said F*ck it again and made the bull at 81%. Anything I ever cared about broke or never dropped.

F*ck it All. Play hard, drink harder.

G'day

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FrenziedTator on 2007-12-13 23:58 ]</font>