PDA

View Full Version : Multiple PAs

Laranas
Dec 13, 2007, 02:59 PM
I noticed that with Wands and Rods, the Rod gets more Tech slots because it's 2 handed. That said, why don't 2-handed melee weapons get more slots to hold PAs, or guns with more slots to hold bullets?

People always tell me they carry 2 of a certain weapon for different situations, but if you can choose which PA to use by hitting Up, for example, I think it'll remove the need for that. And rangers can go through a map without too much trouble either, if they can switch bullets on the fly.

Do you think this would be an improvement? 1-handed weapons don't change at all, of course.

Ken_Silver
Dec 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea. However, I see one problem for striking PA's; If you could equip 2 PA's then melee fighters would be able to string all of those attacks together. Plus Just attack? I'm a melee fighter and even I know that'd be overkill. Take Knuckles for example:

Hit 1 -> JA Hit 2 -> JA Hit 3 -> JA PA #1 Hit 1 -> JA PA # 1 Hit 2 -> JA PA # 2 Hit 1

That would totally tick off Ranged and Technic classes. As cool as it would be, it'd be broken unless Sega took a hard look at the system to fix that. If it could be done fairly though, then go for it.

hewitt
Dec 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
I was thinking that too and i agree ;D

Laranas
Dec 13, 2007, 03:11 PM
They could probably limit you to stay in the same chain once you start a PA, and that problem would vanish.

rogue_robot
Dec 13, 2007, 03:11 PM
Personally, I detest the fact that FOrces even have to have wands/madoogs/rods equipped at all to use Techs - and that HUnters and RAngers have to "bind" PAs to weapons to which the PA is already restricted to using with.

Xencia
Dec 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well this is something I've always wanted for melee weapons. I'm a fighting game fan and enjoy variety,and it's always annoyed me a little bit that I'd need multiple of the same weapon if I want access to all my 'special moves'. I'd love to have multiple PAs or some sort of quick toggle to flip the PA linked to a weapon.

As for bullets...I can sort of understand since they change the elemental color look of the weapon and all that. But what I'd like is a sort of merge system,link 1 elemental bullet,and 1 PA Frag bullet. Normal attack would be the standard elemental bullet,but the second would be the Frag PA,but have the elemental damage with the special Frag PA effect together,and be more expensive on PP. It'd give rangers something special too,since they don't have the cool motions of Skills,or the flashiness of a Tech.

None of this will happen,but it's fun to dream.

Soulless
Dec 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
This is actually a pretty good suggestion. Go spam ST with it 24/7 - expecting to see it implemented in tmrws update! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bolvyn
Dec 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
I think it would be a good Ida. Butt you would have to up the PP on the strikng wepons. Your PP will be out with 1 combo.

Ken_Silver
Dec 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
I think that the fusion system for the rangers works well (as explained by Xencia.) As for Hunters, you could cut it off after the first PA, but then it would seem arkward. But, oh well. If Sega does this, you'll hear no complaints from me.

Xencia
Dec 13, 2007, 03:33 PM
As for that not jumping into and out of the two PAs,that's actually in now. If you start a PA on a single handed weapon and toggle to left hand,it wont flip over until your animation finishes,including still allowing you to hit the second part of the PA. It'll just switch over once you finish.

NNEONateDogg
Dec 13, 2007, 04:01 PM
I think that linking more than one photon art to a melee or ranged weapon would be a bad idea. Providing a quick access menu to switch photon arts quickly though would be beneficial.

tei
Dec 13, 2007, 04:16 PM
I like this idea. But maybe that's just because I'm a ps2'er...

"Hey, I better switch weapons now to use a PA which doesn't suck against these guys! *switch* *empty handed and can't attack yet*"

PS2: Ca-click... ca-click... ca-click...

"Yay weapon finally loaded! *starts doing something other than running around like a chicken with their head cut off*"

..Anyhow, this or at least a quick access way to change PA's would be great..

norrisj15
Dec 13, 2007, 04:22 PM
this is the only thing that techers have an advantage at. all you fighter and gunners out there get to do pwnage damage. techer fail in comparision in the damage category, so be happy. you dont need to do more trust me the games already too unbalanced.
the fT class is pretty much endangered as it is, so y completely finish it off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2007-12-13 13:26 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-12-13 13:22, norrisj15 wrote:
this is the only thing that techers have an advantage at. all you fighter and gunners out there get to do pwnage damage. techer fail in comparision in the damage category, so be happy. you dont need to do more trust me the games already too unbalanced.
the fT class is pretty much endangered as it is, so y completely finish it off.
I could see how letting Rangers switch bullets on the fly would really affect their damage output, but I can't see how letting a Hunter switch PAs quicker really makes them more unbalanced. Especially since most people already switch PAs frequently by switching to a different weapon.