PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: So Slow

KatanaRyu
Dec 13, 2007, 04:05 PM
Alright So i broke down and got myself a gaurdian's license since thats all i can afford after x-mas presents. I'm trying to go through the story and having a bit of a tough time every now and then. I want to take a break from the story and take some time to just do runs and level but its seems alot slower and taking longer to level up compared to when i was playing Extra Mode. Any Tips and ways to level faster?

Right now I'm a lv18 cast Ranger(lv2)

Also i was wondering at what lv will i start to see some Grenade launchers become available in the store?

StanleyPain
Dec 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
Online mode is WAY slower. And you're joining up AFTER the major expansion update which greatly increased the amount of money and exp from missions.

The only tip for levelling faster really is to join parties that are somewhat stronger than you and can help you through higher rank missions for better exp.

Also, play a lot of the new Ambition of the Illuminus expansion missions, which right now have the best overall payouts for exp and mission points. If you don't have the expansion, then just do whatever missions you can do that work for you best but aren't so difficult that they're a chore to get through.

KatanaRyu
Dec 13, 2007, 04:37 PM
I am palying without the Expansion right now. I dont have the Money to get the MS points to DL AoI at the moment. As far as money goes yeah i have noticed that from the 3 days i've been playing. Much more plentiful... That much is alot better than when i had played the beta oh so long ago.

Now as for my other question i had mentioned at what level will I be able to buy Grenades from the Shop? For I am in Dire need of explosives outside of traps >< Not to mention i really dont like the Shigga Wadda at all. Right now my best crowd control weapon is a spear with Dus Robado.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
Do remember, once you get the Microsoft points to download AoI, if you do, make sure you play online.

AoI provides no content to the offline portion of the game.

KatanaRyu
Dec 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
yes I am well aware of that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif thanks for the warning tho

Miyuki
Dec 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
Original PSU: grenades are A rank only meaning only for advanced classes, so you'll have level base classes up for protranser or fortegunner to use A ranks.
AoI: Koltova gun (nice fun weapon BTW) is B rank so accessible to Ranger class.

From limited experience as gunner class, wouldn't recommend using grenades for crowd control, as they're only effective for a specific distance and have a slow rate of fire. It can be trying to get them to work on a smaller moving target. Xbows are the way to go - faster fire rate, strafing ability, and multiple bullets as you level the bullet. Shotguns are nice for brute power point blank (esp w/ AoI element boost) though. Laser cannons (also A rank) are improved in AoI and have nice power w/ flinch.

Addark
Dec 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
The online story mode is kind of lame; the rewards can be nice but at the same time you sit through more dialogue than actual fighting. The best thing I can tell you is to make some friends and play with them in other missions; you'll start leveling in no time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Legendria
Dec 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-12-13 14:30, Miyuki wrote:
AoI: Koltova gun (nice fun weapon BTW) is B rank so accessible to Ranger class.

There is no way in hell he'd be able to afford it.... until he doesn't need it anymore.

Zorak000
Dec 13, 2007, 11:29 PM
Remember: if a monster is 30 levels higher than you, you will NOT gain full EXP from it. This is anti-power-leveling technology at work.