PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Beat offline, just got my hunters license!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lets see what online has to offer, I was gone for so long it was actually the horrible game called Hellgate: London that made me come back because its a similar type of game, and after playing that broken/buggy game for a month I had reminiscent feelings for PSU and figured I would give it a good run thru offline to see if I want to play again.

I was tempted by all the new extras to come back aboard, I am just afraid my old chars are gone and I put soooo much work into my force with almost all my techs lvl 30 I hate to start again.

I guess its server maintenance right now because I tried to go online and it says my access to online is currently not available. Can anybody tell me when servers come back up (There is a time posted on the main page but it didn't say what time zone I dont think) That or maybe there is a delay from when your online access is given from when you pay for a sub.

I know some of my old names are still around.. Remedy, DJ, Cherry.... maybe I will run into you guys online.

Kamiense
Dec 13, 2007, 07:57 PM
The servers are still up, so you could try again.

Just so you know, DJ quit, so you won't see him online.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
Oh, well he played sooo much (just like me but even more) anybody will get burned out. This time I am going to be playing more casually plus I have kids and work to tend too so its just a hobby.

I took a screen shot of the error im getting (and have googled it and looked on segas site for that error number with no results). sega has my account active under my account managment screen, also I got my confirmation email for my subscription so I have no idea whats going on.

Here is the screenshot:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/2405psu_error-med.jpg

Full Size: Here (http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/2405psu_error.jpg)

beatrixkiddo
Dec 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
banned?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
No I shouldn't be for any reason I quit a long time ago because I was bored. Plus it says right on the sega page (because I was worried that it may be this) if your banned you will not be able to renew your account.

I was able to renew with no problems and was already charged. My guess is there must be some delay from when you pay and get your account up and going and from when your actually given access to the servers. It may take even longer since they have to move my guys (if they are still there) from PSU to AOTI.

Edit: I looked in the knowledge base and was able to find error 056, and that code is indeed a suspended/banned account code. I can not find 056-02 like I got. I was never banned/suspended tho and it makes no sense that if there is a problem with my account why I was able to purchase my license and all that jazz.

Sega messed up my account in the past (over charged me) figure after all this time they would have it right, i have no clue whats going on now.

Ether they have to fix the status of my account or they charged me when they shouldnt have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2007-12-13 17:54 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 14, 2007, 12:28 AM
Hmm bumping the topic because this is important and I think I may have found the issue.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=48437

thing is that post says 065 not 056 lol... im even more confused now.

Powder Keg
Dec 14, 2007, 12:46 AM
that post was an issue back in october.

SolRiver
Dec 14, 2007, 01:15 AM
...I hope you bought a guardian license, not a hunter license O.o

AnamanaAU
Dec 14, 2007, 02:47 AM
All the old no lifers are still around, since they didn't get lives, ya know.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 26, 2007, 04:37 PM
Update several days later. I still have not been able to play. The error has not gone away and I have found no way to get ahold of Sega to find out whats wrong.

They have no traditional email or phone number to call for help, they make you just post a question in there knowledge database. I have posted 3 times now my problem and every time my question just vanishes from the database (if you log on you can search for status of your question, in my case there are no questions found) then I finaly went and posted a help thread on the official forums in tech support and its a unanswered post just floating around in cyber space.

I cant believe this happened and that the support is so hard to get, so now I have to call my credit card company and have them refuse the charges from Sega (YES they charged me to play even tho I cant) and I wont be playing this game anymore now or in the future.

Hope everybody else has fun tho and enjoys the new expansion.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 26, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-12-26 13:37, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Update several days later. I still have not been able to play. The error has not gone away and I have found no way to get ahold of Sega to find out whats wrong.

They have no traditional email or phone number to call for help, they make you just post a question in there knowledge database. I have posted 3 times now my problem and every time my question just vanishes from the database (if you log on you can search for status of your question, in my case there are no questions found) then I finaly went and posted a help thread on the official forums in tech support and its a unanswered post just floating around in cyber space.

I cant believe this happened and that the support is so hard to get, so now I have to call my credit card company and have them refuse the charges from Sega (YES they charged me to play even tho I cant) and I wont be playing this game anymore now or in the future.

Hope everybody else has fun tho and enjoys the new expansion.

Yea they're utterly terrible for customer service. Have them cancel my account for like no reason at times and it really makes no sense <<;. Would have quit by now if I didn't have a good friend playing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

drizzle
Dec 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
Double-check to see if it's a PSU sub you purchased. It's really easy to accidently get a PSO:BB one instead.

Bliven
Dec 26, 2007, 06:50 PM
I hope you didn't buy a HUNTERS license, cause if you did, you got screwed. you need a GUARDIANS license for psu, hunters license is for PSOBB

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
Its a guardians license and I have checked, and rechecked my account page on playsega's site multiple times to see I have an active PSU:AOTI subscription. I have canceled it now but its still active till the 30 days are over. I have not gone thru the trouble to call my CC company yet to reverse the charges. I plan on it tho as I refuse to have money basically stolen from me.