PDA

View Full Version : AotI: whats your wartecher packing?

gryphonvii
Dec 13, 2007, 10:39 PM
I am kinda sad that my wartecher can't use s-ranks fist or twin claws. So I'm deciding to switch around my pallete, right now I have
togeha-zashi
magical wand w/ pegic
magical wand w/ pegic
deva=zashi w/ ranpegi
ulteri
giza-misaki w/ card regina

one magical wand is for buffing the other has healing and debuffs, the ranpegi has diga and resta. What do all you wartechers use? Do you focus on tech or melee? I want to try out some stuff and I don't want to switch to fighgunner or acrotecher because I get bored with those too fast.

KyEmo
Dec 13, 2007, 10:43 PM
Togeha-Zashi
Gizaha-Zashi
Deva-Zashi/Varista
Vish Tien/Pegic
Majimra/Pegic
Neiclaw/ something I forgot

Do you focus on tech or melee?
I only use the Majimra for Shifta/Deband and Pegic for Resta/Reverser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-13 19:44 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Dec 13, 2007, 10:54 PM
Togeha-Zashi x3 (I carry 6 with me. 1 of each element so I can just switch for whatever mission im doing)
Ulteri (Have all 6 elemental bow PA's and just switch em around)
Vish Tien x2 (Light & Dark)
Shato x2 (1 with Megistar and Megid/Foie/Diga or w/e I might need for the mission. The other with Resta/Giresta and Reverser)

As you can see I melee more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-12-13 19:58 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 13, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-12-13 19:54, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Togeha-Zashi x3 (I carry 6 with me. 1 of each element so I can just switch for whatever mission im doing)

lol, I carry 3 around max. 1 of the opposite element the enemy is, 1 of the same, and one Neutral http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I still need that fire one though...

Pentence
Dec 13, 2007, 11:09 PM
Well lets see ......

ryo-sabedsx2 oposing elements(love their reach)
sometimes replace those with death dancers or mijin-misakis
katsuno-zashis(light and dark)
mugungric
jitseen (light or dark) and shato
fan and a serodote
hanmateri

I Also have a ranged mag i might whip out if i dotn need my shato.This usualy alows me to handle any situation.

Lamak
Dec 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
Muktrands...
Devas...
Serdotes/Majimra/Cometaracs+10...
Shatos....
Ulteris....

That is all.

hewitt
Dec 13, 2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif togeha-zashi is the S rank twin daggers that maeke a dragon like from when u attack right? If so where are all you guys getting these O.O?! are you on x-box and the price is like really dam low or what?

gryphonvii
Dec 13, 2007, 11:37 PM
found mine in demons above s2 but I think it is a drop in white beast? or is it somewhere else?

Laranas
Dec 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
I just switched from WT (hit Lv15), but if I remember right:

Madoog / Saber - Didn't use so I barely remember this slot
9/9 Hanmateric
6/10 Muktrand
10/10 Vish Tien / Pegita
Majimra / Pegita
Majimra / Pegita

djmacken
Dec 14, 2007, 12:04 AM
Here are the weapons I use:

Lumiess Blau
Blumier/Galdike(fire)
Vish Tien/Pegita(resta/reverser)
Buccaneer/Pegita(dambarta/zalure)
Serdote(foie/rafoie)/Galdike(fire)
Majimra(shifta/deband)/Pegi(zodial/retier)

I switch out these attack spells on my Serdote often as well: diga, gidiga, gifoie. The dagger can put on some real hurt with the ultimate PA and the whip is very nice crowd control. I don't often use my twin daggers and sometimes switch out for a Muktrand.

Weeaboolits
Dec 14, 2007, 01:09 AM
Crea-zashi
Ryo-sagazashi
Prest
Varista
Baybari
Deljabaner
Vish
Girapit x3

I have Resta/Reverser on 2 of my madoogs, my wand and other madoog are for buffs. ;o

Oniko
Dec 14, 2007, 01:36 AM
I pretty much use every weapon WT can at some point or another(I get bored with using only a couple weapons, one reason I love WT in the first place) so it's easier to say my pallet looks like this:

Two handed melee weapon
Shadoog+Whip
Madoog(attack tech+giresta)+single handed weapon
buff madoog+buff wand
Card+single handed weapon
Madoog(attack techs)+Wand(resta/reverser)

Why the attacks on that last madoog? Cause it looks so much cooler than on the wand >.>;;;

I melee more, but I do use techs a fair amount, even if it's just one cast then I run in to melee. I figure a nice fast 1100 damage isn't anything to complain about before you rush in for the close combat. However, if it's a situation where people take a lot of damage/end up in status effects constantly, I drop the melee completely and only use techs so I don't have to worry about being caught up in a PA while someone dies.

Authenticate
Dec 14, 2007, 02:10 AM
I just started raising my Wartecher type level on Feint, but so far my palette looks like this.

Spear
Spear
Dagger-Madoog with attack techs
Dagger-Madoog with attack techs
Dagger-Madoog with Resta/Reverser
Wand with Shifta/Retier-Madoog with Deband/Zodial

I like daggers and spears. Especially the GRM daggers, they look awesome. I'm using rapid streams and muktrands right now. Have all the elemental armors, too. I have a Mega/Knight (haven't bothered looking for anything better) and a Te/PP Generate that I found while doing DeRol with a friend. I like the Te/PP, gives my PP regain that little extra boost to make PA spamming more comfortable.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Dec 14, 2007, 03:00 AM
Ulteri
Rogapit (Deband/Retier) + Septara (Shifta/Zodial)
Ranpegi (Resta/Reverser) + whip
Rogapit (Zalure/Zodeel) + Buccaneer
Uransara (either Ramegid/Dammegid or Regrant/Resta)

Last slot's a wildcard, usually filled with another Buccaneer.

Birchum
Dec 14, 2007, 03:29 AM
Muktrand (I carry 6, one of each element)
Shadoog (fire or dark) and a dagger (Deva-zashi, or high element/grinds shiratsuno or straals)
Card Regina and a magical wand (resta, reverser)
Ranpegi (Shifta, Zalure) and whip (i use 7* ones for SE, 8* for damage)
Pegic (deband, zodial) and magical wand (attack tech, Giresta)
Twin daggers (have Togeha-zashis in fire, and gizahas in ever other element)
I carry bows for bosses that i switch out, and extra maddogs if i need to buff full time

I've been playing Wartecher mainly since the day the class came out, and i can say that even as a newman, Melee has always overpowered tech usage, even with only lvl 20 skills. Because of this my playing style has ended up with more of an emphasis on striking weapons.

The best advice I can give is to try out all the weapons, and stick with what you like to use as opposed to what works best, the class is more enjoyable that way.

LS_Aksion
Dec 14, 2007, 05:13 AM
Depending on what mission/planet, my equipment can vary:

1) Knuckles/Twin Knives/Spear/Longbow
2) Knuckles/Twin Sabers/Claws
3)Shadog OR Kikami w/Saber or Whip
4)Madog: Resta Reverser w/ Wand: Regrants & Giresta
5)Madog: Offence TECH w/ Wand: Offence
6)Madog:Buff w/ Wand: Buff

My focus is supporting the Team-FT.

Dragwind
Dec 14, 2007, 06:24 AM
Get the B rank grinded madoog + a cometarac and get them to roughly the same PP and use those together as a "virtual buff rod."

I tend to only see 2 debuffs useful in most situations, so I'll use a debuff wand next to my resta/reverser pegic.

For the rest of the pallete, never let it sit with the same stuff. Always switch up your pallete constantly as a Wartecher to fit the situation. Get quick with your menus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragwind on 2007-12-14 14:02 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Dec 14, 2007, 08:20 AM
Errrm.

Heavy Twins (Ice/Rising Crush)
Ran-Misaki (Ground/Bukuu Rensen-ga)
Nokoku-Zashi/Gizaha Zashi (Fire/Renkai Buyou-zan)
Roksari 3/10
Agaha-Kikami/Giza Misaki(Fire/Shousen Totsuzan-ga) or Buccaneer(Light/Rising Strike) or Lidra (Resta/Foie or Diga)
Raygun/Lidra(Shifta/Deband)

I find that as an almost pethetic pallet ;.;

Cant wait until I get AOI

majan
Dec 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
my wartechers name is harry potter,and he equips:

Elder Wand(15* kubara wand)
Invisibilitycloak-Senba(15* line shield,unknown manufacturer)
Sword of Gryffindor(15* GRM broadsword)

in the armor slots I have:
KO / Resist
Lightning Scar Aura
Sturm Attacker

Magness
Dec 14, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ulteri+6, Muktrands, Soda Ribans, Gudda Gants, Ran-Misakis, Shato+5/Deva-zashi or Shato+5/Serdote or Shato+5/32% Neiclaw+4 (love this weapon), Pegic/Cometarac for buffing, and Mira-kikami/Majimra for healing. Btw, using a 20% dark Ran-Misaki+1 and a 18% dark Muktrand+1, Rensan Senshou-ga out damages Dus Majarra by over 12,000 for the full PA with JA.

Ken_Silver
Dec 14, 2007, 01:26 PM
My WT has the following

A Rank Knuckles (GRM)
Crea Saber and B Ranked Madoog
Durandall Replica and A ranked Shadoog
A ranked Cards and A ranked Wand
A ranked Whip and B ranked Madoog
A ranked Spear (Tenora Works Highest one)
*and as a reserve weapon* A ranked Bow (Yohemi )

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
Wartechers are great. I partied with 3 of them (plus myself, for 4) and we all played in completely different styles.

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
All elements of gizaha-zashis, all above 20%, two shatos, all available whips, 42% ground vahra claws, two serdotes, two 8* shadoogs, etc. I'm hoping to get a skela, a hon, a yamata, and a fuka eventually.

Ken_Silver
Dec 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:29, Laranas wrote:
Wartechers are great. I partied with 3 of them (plus myself, for 4) and we all played in completely different styles.

Same here and it's awesome. Power to the WT! We can be useful in any mission and to any team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hokokaru
Dec 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
A Rank Knuckles (GRM)Ummmm if you say so...

and to the person who asked about the togehas, they sell for about 350
on the 360

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 01:38 PM

QFE.

You can rely on melee, TECHs, both, or even bows and card (though our ATA is not the best, especially for a female beast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif). Nothing is really crippling, and it's great.

zxeros
Dec 14, 2007, 01:44 PM
Vish Tien
Uransara
Gizaha-zashi
Arza Bogoda
Soda Joggi
Futsnata
Ranpegi
Shato
Card Regina
Ulteri

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:38, Lorelei wrote:

QFE.

You can rely on melee, TECHs, both, or even bows and card (though our ATA is not the best, especially for a female beast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif). Nothing is really crippling, and it's great.

It's always great when you decide to say, support, for the good of the party and one of the members starts going off on how you should be an Acrotecher or Guntecher since you use buffs and whips/cards/etc so often.

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:45, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-12-14 10:38, Lorelei wrote:

QFE.

It's always great when you decide to say, support, for the good of the party and one of the members starts going off on how you should be an Acrotecher or Guntecher since you use buffs and whips/cards/etc so often.

Really? No one's said that to me, but I guess that's because I don't buff at all and play a beast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I always forget to heal too, which I really need to work on. >_>;

-Tidus_415-
Dec 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
Well now that WT have S-rank Twin Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Claws...Which would be better to use?

Hokokaru
Dec 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
They got S knuckles? I might give WT a shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 01:53 PM
I've just started using knuckles for the first time on my caseal... might give Twin Claws a try when I go back to WT on my main. The knuckles were pretty fun, but it just doesn't suit my main all too well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2007-12-14 10:57 ]</font>

Oniko
Dec 14, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:49, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Well now that WT have S-rank Twin Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Claws...Which would be better to use?

Why not use all three?

Weeaboolits
Dec 14, 2007, 03:54 PM
I had some really nice things today, I'll have to replace them if there's rollback. :<

I had a magical wand, a great dark crea dagger, the dark whip with infect, and a couple awesome sabers. I bought most of them in player shops, so it's mostly a matter if regaining the coin to buy them before someone else does. >.>;

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:37, Oniko wrote:

Why not use all three?

QFE, again. If you get them, use them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragwind
Dec 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:37, Oniko wrote:

Why not use all three?

QFT.

Thankfully, I do have a Fuka Misaki, Gudda Skela, and Twin Bear Claws ready to nab off my beast and give to Dragwind once again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chaosgyro
Dec 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
I don't like to level that many photon arts...terminal laziness I know. Plus, I don't like having things that aren't in my palette aside from multiple elements of weapons.. It just makes me feel funny. That said, I think I'm going to focus on twin claws for when I'm WT. Knuckles never got my juices flowing when I was fF, and I can experience dagger fun with the single variety.

Retniwreven
Dec 14, 2007, 09:35 PM
Eight Inches. *Rimshot*

...Sorry, I just HAD to.