PDA

View Full Version : Quick nonhostile question about rollback ...

AmyPsycho
Dec 14, 2007, 01:28 PM
I'm wondering. First off, I'm on the PC version, and second, I was at work this morning and didnt get a chance to play that 'glitch mission'.

Will I be affected? I just don't want to lose the benefits I got from last night's originally intended update.

I sympathize with players who didn't know it was a glitch. It would have been nice to keep it for a day. I also sympathize with Sega in case this glitch would actually be harmful to characters in case something wasnt properly tested.

I don't sympathize with people on forums who act like they're 3.

Anyhow, am I in any danger, or does this only affect those who played that glitch mission?

CelestialBlade
Dec 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
If you weren't online between the completion of maintenance and when the servers went down, you shouldn't be affected at all.

u_r
Dec 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
everything since the update was published will be removed from the game

will basicly be at the same state it was when the servers first came back up,

hence why saga programmers suck @ fixing things...

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
If there's a rollback and you haven't played since maintenance, you won't be affected.
If there isn't a rollback, we're assuming what they do only affects people who played the test mission.

February
Dec 14, 2007, 01:31 PM
you should be fine

AmyPsycho
Dec 14, 2007, 01:31 PM
Ahh, alright. Thank you all very much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I didnt want to lose those lovely Tekker benefits!

ZiG
Dec 14, 2007, 01:32 PM
If you didn't know this was a glitch, you deserve everything ST is doing.

I had fun, I had loads of Rappy/Serafi Feathers, leveled my character from 81-85 on just Rappies and Jaggos in the lv100 Mission, solo (Acrofighters ftw!) and made assloads of meseta, and just had a great time knowing that it'd all be rolled back anyway. Was still fun. Only thing I'm remotely upset about is the Cati / Force S, Sori / TECH Charge, Halarod board and 4 or 5 Kakwane Tails I'll lose. And all the damn PA levels I'll lose. But hey, it was worth it.

Marron_Shido
Dec 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
I only played the new missions for neudaiz and I found and axe board and some kakwane tails. My other equiped items I had before Thursday's should still be there right?

February
Dec 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah anything pre-update should still be there.

Marron_Shido
Dec 14, 2007, 01:37 PM
I hope so because I traded for a har / quick two weeks and I'm going to mad if they take that away in the confusion.

Broodstar1337
Dec 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:37, Marron_Shido wrote:
I hope so because I traded for a har / quick two weeks and I'm going to mad if they take that away in the confusion.

You'll still have your Har / Quick.

Marron_Shido
Dec 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
I can't believe are claiming they didn't know that it wasn't a legit mission. The name of the mission "rare monsters" is dead give away in my humble opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
I know some people are pissed about this but I'm glad Sega's trying to fix the problem immediately. Only people I'm going to feel sorry for is those that were playing the legit missions. But anything found, you'll get it back again eventually.

Also, let's hope they can selectively remove the items rather than do a rollback. Still hasn't been confirmed that they'll HAVE to do that.

Akio
Dec 14, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:32, ZiG wrote:

I had fun, I had loads of Rappy/Serafi Feathers, leveled my character from 81-85 on just Rappies and Jaggos in the lv100 Mission, solo (Acrofighters ftw!) and made assloads of meseta, and just had a great time knowing that it'd all be rolled back anyway. Was still fun. Only thing I'm remotely upset about is the Cati / Force S, Sori / TECH Charge, Halarod board and 4 or 5 Kakwane Tails I'll lose. And all the damn PA levels I'll lose. But hey, it was worth it.

Exactly what i was thinking. if you walk into a mission and see swarms of rare enemies, chances are that was a ST mistake and should not be taken as "legit". For all those people out there who are gonna complain that ST sucks b/c they got like 20 serafi [b], grow up! People are gonna spend a lot of time hunting for the board and feathers, and it isn't fair to them that they missed out on that mission. For those who got something rare from an actual mission i suggest you contact ST and let them know that you got said item, and see if they would grant you one. I know that they do that with other items lost to a glitch.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 14, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:22, Akio wrote:

Exactly what i was thinking. if you walk into a mission and see swarms of rare enemies, chances are that was a ST mistake and should not be taken as "legit". For all those people out there who are gonna complain that ST sucks b/c they got like 20 serafi [b], grow up! People are gonna spend a lot of time hunting for the board and feathers, and it isn't fair to them that they missed out on that mission. For those who got something rare from an actual mission i suggest you contact ST and let them know that you got said item, and see if they would grant you one. I know that they do that with other items lost to a glitch.

That's the smartest thing I've read all day. Especially for those PC users who take screens of any rare drop they get. You could easily prove you got an item doing another mission, that if they have to do a rollback, they can give to you otherwise.

THE JACKEL

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 02:43 PM

LMAO you actually leveled? I didn't think there was much point to playing for real... I lowered myself to secretary work to keep track while Laguna killed stuff at different levels to see what dropped... I hate doing things twice, so I didn't want to level...

Neoptolemus
Dec 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:38, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

That's the smartest thing I've read all day. Especially for those PC users who take screens of any rare drop they get. You could easily prove you got an item doing another mission, that if they have to do a rollback, they can give to you otherwise.

THE JACKEL

I second that! It was VERY obvious that it was not intended to be left in the game. I had fun running the mission and seeing all those X-Mas trees. It was a great few hours while it lasted. I could care less if we lose what was obtained from it. I'll never have enough Goldiana to synth one board, let alone the 23 others I found. And I wouldn't even use the daggers if I did. The Rabol Rappies, on the other hand would be fun to synth trying to get a 50%, but whatever... I can't believe that people claim that they didn't know that it was a mistake.

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:48, Neoptolemus wrote:

On 2007-12-14 11:38, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

I second that! It was VERY obvious that it was not intended to be left in the game. I had fun running the mission and seeing all those X-Mas trees. It was a great few hours while it lasted. I could care less if we lose what was obtained from it. I'll never have enough Goldiana to synth one board, let alone the 23 others I found. And I wouldn't even use the daggers if I did. The Rabol Rappies, on the other hand would be fun to synth trying to get a 50%, but whatever... I can't believe that people claim that they didn't know that it was a mistake.

-_- If I lose my serafi feather from the 1 up cup...

Ryoki
Dec 14, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-12-14 10:30, Laranas wrote:
If there's a rollback and you haven't played since maintenance, you won't be affected.
If there isn't a rollback, we're assuming what they do only affects people who played the test mission.

oh thank Jesus.

Even though I would still want DoS even if it was common, I'm going to enjoy hunting it and having a legit one.

I haven't come online since 6:00 pm yesterday, but if for some reason I lose My Serafi-Senba and Halp Serafi, I definitely will never play again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-12-14 11:59 ]</font>

Addark
Dec 14, 2007, 02:58 PM
You won't lose anything from 1Up Cup. You'll ONLY lose things that you obtained between 5 am EST and until the servers were taken down.

The2dCour
Dec 14, 2007, 03:20 PM
Sorry if this has been asked... I took about 10 mil out of my PM after maint. from shop sales, I wont lose that correct? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif or at least my items will be returned?

Kietrinia
Dec 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
If those sales were between 5am and this server being taken down, you wont have that meseta anymore, period.