PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: What? Rollback?!

Googlebonker
Dec 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
What? Oh, NOW they want to consider a rollback?! Did they enact a rollback when the servers were flooded with duplicated items, hacked items, and "haxeta"? Some people got into a debug mission for a short time, and NOW they're considering a rollback (if item removal isn't possible) to supposedly help the economy?

Are they kidding? The economy's already been tampered with, and it was partially SEGA's fault. They've made another mistake, and they want everyone that played between the maintenance end and emergency maintenance beginning to pay for it?

*acts* But, Googlebonker! They didn't say they WERE going to rollback, but if they did, it would help clear the servers of all the stuff people shouldn't have gotten ahold of! SEGA is trying to make things right!

True, but IF they do a rollback, what about anyone who got things without using the debug mission? They have to pay in part because SEGA made another mistake.

Comparitavely to Square-Enix and their handling of Final Fantasy XI, SEGA needs to enhance their procedures to make sure these kinds of thing don't occur in the first place.

February
Dec 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm losing stuff I Got legit, but oh well. It's just a game.

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
What rollback, i've never heard they were doing one. Wait what is a rollback, lol.

Pentence
Dec 14, 2007, 02:08 PM
Just wanted to get this outthere before people start spamming.

Too be perfectly honest if you participated in that mission and then continued to beat the ever loveing shyt outa it.Then you only helped cause this.

Fact is had people NOT played the thing to death sega COULD have removed the items individualy leting you all keep your meseta and xp and maybe a few of them rares.However instead you blindly rush in and snaged as many items as you could.Thusly makeing it far to difficult to just pick the items out one by one.

xzidanex
All I can say to this is, fixing a screw up on their part, easy. Fixing hacking, not quite as easy. They could have done a rollback by the time they figured out how to stop the haxeta and other such things, but there would have been a rollback of... well I don't even know how long that was going on. Anyway, point being I don't think it's a terrible idea, though I do understand there were people who didn't exploit this mission, who are going to lose out, but oh well.

ApharmdB
Unfortunately, SEGA's composed of humans. No one is innocent of a little fuckup now and then, not even Blizzard's gigantic MMO machine.

Broodstar1337
Dec 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-12-14 11:04, Googlebonker wrote:
Did they enact a rollback when the servers were flooded with duplicated items, hacked items, and "haxeta"?

Now now... rollbacks wouldn't have fixed haxeta. Remember, it took quite some time before meseta couldn't be hacked; would YOU roll back all those days? Would you roll everyone back to the point where players wouldn't even have characters on the servers?

Rollbacks are a little useful for problems that don't last forever. Haxeta lasted forever.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 14, 2007, 02:20 PM
yep, the difference was, hacking had gone on for like 2 months before they were able to stop it. This mission lasted for a couple of hours before they caught it. Rolling back a few hours versus, rolling back months. People's high level characters would've been back to like level 2 if they rolled back the hacking.

Just not a valid complaint tbh, nice try though!

THE JACKEL

Googlebonker
Dec 14, 2007, 02:58 PM
If they wanted to "throw us a monkey wrench", they could delete all the meseta on all of the servers. lol

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hmmm..this is troublesome. I have a question for you guys. If I put something up for sale in my shop, then it sold during this incident, what will happen if they go with a rollback?

Will the items I was selling be put back into my shop or will I lose all of the money I got, PLUS the items?

I had a few S ranks up in my shop and they were the only equipment I had (trying to buy some better stuff), so...I'll be pretty much SOL if they take away the items AND the meseta.

Any idea how that kind of situation would be handled?

Thanks!

Feelmirath
Dec 14, 2007, 03:24 PM
A rollback means EVERYTHING that happened after the time they change back to doesn't happen. So the items you were selling will be back in your shop, but you won't have the money you made from them.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 14, 2007, 03:27 PM
Ah, alright. Thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. I noticed people were saying the ones who wouldn't be affected are those who didn't sign on from the time maintenance finished to the time the servers were taken down, so I was just making sure.

Thanks again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
Dec 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
Yippity dippity fuck. So a couple hours of gameplay might go away because Sega is actually fixing a problem they created. Well, whoopity doo! At least they're fixing their problems now rather than just say, "Fuck it, we don't have time to fix that," like they did all too often on PSO. The fact they are doing this the same day that the update was applied is a huge step forward compared to some of their previous fuck-ups.

Weeaboolits
Dec 14, 2007, 04:24 PM
I'm actually more annoyed that it took them so long to notice than anything.