PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: All those concerned about rollback!

ThaPrez2k5
Dec 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
well one thing i was just venting what was on my mind and within 5 minutes of me posting there was like 20 replies and the post locked on replies lol so i couldn't write back i didn't say i would i was just saying in actual someone could because umm how do i explain it like when you marry someone and spend your time with them and then they cheat and you get a divorce you get half of their stuff to reconsile your lost time get it??? read the user agreement it says about things like that but not that in perticular...so in closing all im saying they probably won't do a rollback only because of all the lost (things,meseta,etc) i may be wrong i may be right i was only venting

Akio
Dec 14, 2007, 03:46 PM
I thought since this is an issue, a general topic be made about this roll back.

As you may all know, when maintenance finished, a new mission was available at the Linear Line counter, called Rare Monter Check or something to that effect. Upon selecting said mission, you were greeted by swarms of Noel Rappys, Jaos, and Darblens. As such all drops were intact and items such as the new Dagger of Serafi [B] were dropping at an alarming rate. When ST found out about this, they quickly shut down the server as a means to fix this mistake.

ST has stated that they will do all in their power to delete the items where possible, and as a last resort they will rollback the server to undo what was done. This means that any and all progress made from the time the maintenance was finished till the time they shut down the servers, will be lost. Any progress made before PSU servers were shut down on Thursday at 11am PST will NOT be harmed.

Anyone who lost a legitimate item from a mission (ie, hills of spores, or any regular free mission) I would suggest contacting ST and ask to get the item back. They have granted items to players in the past that were lost due to a glitch or problem that was out of the players control.

Please note that this action by Sonic Team is important to the economy. As many would probably like to keep these rares, an overflow of Serafi Daggers are damaging to the economy. Finally I would like to point out that this was a mistake and the mission should not be viewed as "legit". It is a debug mission that only ST can access as a means of ensuring that the monsters are not bugged, that all are not glitched (correct HP, stats, etc), and the drops are intact.

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
I'd rather them just go ahead and do a rollback, but I guess I can say that because I wasn't on then to get anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But how long was the game up and running before this mess? Surely it can't be too much of a loss...

Grimhart
Dec 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks a bunch -- this topic sums up the situation really well for anyone just tuning in.