PDA

View Full Version : Server maintenance update

Randomness
Dec 14, 2007, 04:13 PM
Looked on the official forums, and theres an update from Clumsy a bit less than an hour ago, saying that they've begun verification of the changes to the XBox data, and plan to move on to the PC/PS2 after that. He also says theres no news of a rollback, so it seems they've found a fix and are now in the process of making sure is works.

Don't know how long it will be, but it seems they are making good progress.

Link to post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=62444)

Zorafim
Dec 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
At least the hamster is still running.

RedMussel
Dec 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
Holly Minnesota http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Syanaide
Dec 14, 2007, 04:15 PM
Sweet, so they delete the items and I can keep my exp and bullet levels, maybe.

Xefi
Dec 14, 2007, 04:15 PM
good. I hope the problem is resolved soon. I want to play PSU now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KateLoire
Dec 14, 2007, 04:16 PM
Randomness - You are a legend.

Kion
Dec 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
as for compensation... anyone hoping for anything?

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
Nice. If they don't have to resort to a rollback, that'd be awesome. Can't wait to hear more.

Gemel
Dec 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
We compensate by keeping our items http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Actually Im not so sure if that would be a good thing bleh.

Kylie
That's nice. Maybe we won't be waiting too much longer.

KyEmo
Great. I can keep my rarez http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-14 13:19 ]</font>

HaydenX
Dec 14, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:17, Kion wrote:

ayfkm?! If they didn't rollback, that's all I need. How 'bout everyone else?

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:20 PM
I kinda doubt we'll get any kind of compensation...honestly, if they don't have to do the rollback, I don't think we deserve any. It's not like a few hours offline for one day is the end of the world.

Ryno
Dec 14, 2007, 04:21 PM
lol

panzer_unit
On 2007-12-14 13:17, Kion wrote:

Yeah, ST should give us something like a special mission that spawns nothing but rare enemies.

KateLoire
I dont care if those people got their items or not, I just wanna play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Means that theres gonna be beauuuutiful rappy dolls everywhere with all of those feathers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But I believe they'll probably wipe information that was gained in those rooms, such as items, exp, and leave it at that. Any transactions in shops will also prolly be refunded.

Just a guess.

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:20, Mikura wrote:
I kinda doubt we'll get any kind of compensation...honestly, if they don't have to do the rollback, I don't think we deserve any. It's not like a few hours offline for one day is the end of the world.

I agree

Niloklives
Dec 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
I certainly don't think that those who rook advantage of a mistake like that should be rewarded for it while others who explored, hunted rappies or y'know...slept. get kicked in the shin by sega "we were giving out free money, none for you though" is what that becomes if the don't do SOMETHING. so no...they've got to be deleting/wiping/reseting something somewhere to balance things out. question is what.

SJW89
Dec 14, 2007, 04:26 PM
It better be done soon on Xbox 360, I have to go to an Advanced Theatre Showcase tonight, and I don't have time to wait around...

JenJen902
Dec 14, 2007, 04:26 PM
do you guys not understand? they need to do a rollback because before servers went down i saw 2 people trading giza-zashi for serafi board so the person who spammed the legit mission gets gaza-zashi and the other person loses everything? thats so not right!

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:26, JenJen902 wrote:
do you guys not understand? they need to do a rollback because before servers went down i saw 2 people trading giza-zashi for serafi board so the person who spammed the legit mission gets gaza-zashi and the other person loses everything? thats so not right!

That's their fault, not Sega's. People were stupid anyway for trading items that aren't supposed to be available at this time.

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:26, JenJen902 wrote:

I'm sure they can trace the items, and undo trades. Otherwise everyone who was selling serafi stuff in their room made out like bandits, and the buyers lose. If they don't roll it back, they won't overlook that detail.

On 2007-12-14 13:29, Mikura wrote:

That's their fault, not Sega's. People were stupid anyway for trading items that aren't supposed to be available at this time.

That's a stupid thing to say. Since all the monsters in the mission are available, all those items had the possibility of being legitimate. The buyer had no way of knowing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-14 13:32 ]</font>

jobber
Dec 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
they're taking away 4 hours of 3 star luck and boosted synth!

Kamitoru
Dec 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'd like an additional day of the holy light added on seeing how I lost a day to their mistake XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamitoru on 2007-12-14 13:39 ]</font>

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
That's a stupid thing to say. Since all the monsters in the mission are available, all those items had the possibility of being legitimate. The buyer had no way of knowing.

I didn't play the debug mission so I can't say but I'm pretty certain the mission looked suspicious enough by the name of it and the spawns that people thought SOMETHING might have been wrong with it. Had the map and items been legitimate, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it on the official site. So I still say people were ignorant...or rather, naive, to be trading those boards.

AerisZeal
Dec 14, 2007, 04:41 PM

That's a somewhat selfish outlook but I'll overlook it in light of the second part of the statement.

Not to entirely direct it at you but when was this the case? This is the second or third time I've read this now and... everything that dropped in that mission was and is readily available to those who seek it out afaik.

easy
Dec 14, 2007, 04:41 PM
update
saga have lost the Mice & Keyboard oh shit

ZeroVer01
Dec 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
Xbox 360 checks are complete and we are working towards opening the server very soon, approximately 10 minutes or so.

We will be applying a rollback on all server information for the morning, this will place your characters effectively at the 11pm last night when our maintenance began. Of course, we would much rather not perform a rollback, but given the circumstances we need to be sure all items are removed properly.

Thanks again for your patience, please stay tuned for more updates on PS2/PC.

Thanks!

clumsy confirmed the roll back, and that the ps2/pc version still has a while to go.

Weeaboolits
Dec 14, 2007, 04:44 PM
If I get to keep what I did today, then I'm happy, I don't want to have to go get it again, that'd be quite inconvenient.

Rollback confirmed? Dammit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-12-14 13:46 ]</font>

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:41, AerisZeal wrote:

That's a somewhat selfish outlook but I'll overlook it in light of the second part of the statement.

Not to entirely direct it at you but when was this the case? This is the second or third time I've read this now and... everything that dropped in that mission was and is readily available to those who seek it out afaik.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Serafi dagger boards only drop during Easter? I'll conceed the other drops are always available but not the daggers. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Ryna
Dec 14, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:45, Mikura wrote:
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Serafi dagger boards only drop during Easter? I'll conceed the other drops are always available but not the daggers. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

The Halp Serafi board dropped during the Easter event. The Dagger of Serafi board drops from high level Rappies during the Christmas event.

Gemel
Dec 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
The Halp Serafi dropped, the single dagger version, during Easter.

Randomness
Halp Serafi dropped during easter, not Daggers of Serafi, the twin version. Those had been speculated to be a drop from Rappy Noel, which was basically confirmed today.

AerisZeal
On 2007-12-14 13:45, Mikura wrote:

On 2007-12-14 13:41, AerisZeal wrote:

You are, Halp Serafi dropped for Easter, Dagger of Serafi was always speculated for Christmas.

But please, don't worry about it, I'm not trying to call you out or anything just trying to figure out why it's apparently considered true by many. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ah, so you're right. I get Halp mixed up with the twin daggers all the time. Regardless, I still say it was naive for people to be so hasty to trade/buy those boards.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 04:51 PM
Xbox 360 checks are complete and we are working towards opening the server very soon, approximately 10 minutes or so.

We will be applying a rollback on all server information for the morning, this will place your characters effectively at the 11pm last night when our maintenance began. Of course, we would much rather not perform a rollback, but given the circumstances we need to be sure all items are removed properly.

Thanks again for your patience, please stay tuned for more updates on PS2/PC.

Thanks!

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=62444

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-14 13:51 ]</font>

Krisan
Dec 14, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:38, Mikura wrote:

I didn't play the debug mission so I can't say but I'm pretty certain the mission looked suspicious enough by the name of it and the spawns that people thought SOMETHING might have been wrong with it. Had the map and items been legitimate, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it on the official site. So I still say people were ignorant...or rather, naive, to be trading those boards.

It was called "Enemy Check" and.. well, while it looked very odd, the untrained eye wouldn't have realized what it was until after actually entering the mission. Once you're inside and keeling things though, you don't have much excuse to say you didn't know better, yea. =P

Soulless
Dec 14, 2007, 04:53 PM
360's go to hell! Your server is back on... *jealous*

First friday night Im not going out for a long time... and this happens (european time zone btw). PC/PS2 wont be back before I head to bed probably, damn them ;_;

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
Goody, maybe that means we'll be up and running soon.

Phoenix_Black
Dec 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
I heard money was dropping like crazy from this mission... at like 15k a monster.... This hurts the economy... I just wush I could have seen he mission, but no, my buddy has to go and go afk right before they shut down the servers, when he's the leader... Pissed me off... I just wanted to see it!

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:38, Mikura wrote:

oh of course people knew it was a faulty mission. And the people who tried to sell the stuff fast and hope sega just removed items rather than rollback were greedy and wrong.

Not the buyers fault. 98% of people will get a dagger of serafi board before I even see a rappy noel in a normal mission, so I wouldn't think twice if someone offered to trade me one.

On 2007-12-14 13:55, Phoenix_Black wrote:
I heard money was dropping like crazy from this mission... at like 15k a monster.... This hurts the economy... I just wush I could have seen he mission, but no, my buddy has to go and go afk right before they shut down the servers, when he's the leader... Pissed me off... I just wanted to see it!

leave party... select mission... not possible?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-14 13:56 ]</font>

jobber
Dec 14, 2007, 04:57 PM
so anything I do from now and in the morning will be null and void?

sweet

time to grind the hell out of some weapons

edit: curses...it says to the morning -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jobber on 2007-12-14 14:00 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 05:00 PM
Rollback, hm... Hate to be selfish, but it doesn't affect me anyways. Barely affects anyone else either besides a few rarz and some slightly annoying downtime. GG, ST.

Mikura
Dec 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:55, Raine_Loire wrote:
[quote]On 2007-12-14 13:38, Mikura wrote:

oh of course people knew it was a faulty mission. And the people who tried to sell the stuff fast and hope sega just removed items rather than rollback were greedy and wrong.

Not the buyers fault. 98% of people will get a dagger of serafi board before I even see a rappy noel in a normal mission, so I wouldn't think twice if someone offered to trade me one.

Yeah, that's true. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to matter now with the roll back. Everyone should have their money back in case they got jipped out of it earlier.

AerisZeal
Dec 14, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-12-14 14:00, Lorelei wrote:
Rollback, hm... Hate to be selfish, but it doesn't affect me anyways. Barely affects anyone else either besides a few rarz and some slightly annoying downtime. GG, ST.

Indeed. Albeit some will be annoyed, I think they went the right course with it.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:05 PM
I'd rather have the server Rolled back then so many illegitimate rares >.>

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-12-14 14:05, KyEmo wrote:
I'd rather have the server Rolled back then so many illegitimate rares >.>

yes, I prefer my rares to be born in wedlock.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
Hehehe, same thing I thought about when I posted that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Or bastard rares, if you prefer that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-12-14 14:10, KyEmo wrote:
Hehehe, same thing I thought about when I posted that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Or bastard rares, if you prefer that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

lol bastardo!

I wish I had just one of my christmas trees though... well one for each of my chars... I had one room completely full of them, like a forest.

DarkNoise
Dec 14, 2007, 05:26 PM
Here's where I'm confused. looking at my stats I've been rolled back to Lv46, whereas I was Lv47 when the server shut down. So one would assume they've already rolled back... yet the latest update on the Main PSU site declares they'll be rolling back, in the morning, to just before the maintenance. Confused? I am!

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
We will be applying a rollback on all server information for the morning

The morning meaning the mornings data was rolled back.

Randomness
Dec 14, 2007, 05:36 PM
Lol, they mean they're rolling back to the beginning of the normal maintenance last night.

Would be pretty pointless to rollback to when they shut down the servers because of this, because that wouldn't even be rolling back the servers...

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 05:37 PM
*twiddles thumbs*

It seemed like it took them an hour to get 360 online, so I'm guessing we've (PC/PS) got twenty more minutes...

Indica
Dec 14, 2007, 05:42 PM
Main thing I'll be pissed off about this Rollback is my Kotoha-senba Armor. I took out a 38% White Armor this moring, I'll be FUCKING PISSED if it turned out to be 12% or some shit

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:47 PM
It should still be the correct % and element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-12-14 14:47, KyEmo wrote:
It should still be the correct % and element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Is there proof of this? I remember distinctly in January (when cheating broke out) people saying that it's not determined until the moment it's taken out.

Randomness
Dec 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-12-14 14:50, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-12-14 14:47, KyEmo wrote:
Is there proof of this? I remember distinctly in January (when cheating broke out) people saying that it's not determined until the moment it's taken out.

Well, I've heard success/failure is determined when you put it in, but it could always be seperate...

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
Yes, well no.

100%s do change I suppose

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-14 14:52 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
Meh, come to think of it, it is seperate.

Look at it this way, you will get your armor but you might not get a high %.

Anduril
Dec 14, 2007, 05:59 PM
Ok, the wording confused me a bit. So does it mean that they rolld back to right before the server went down, as in we don't get Rod buff, and Christmas lobby, or does it mean they rolled back to where they implemented the normal changes, but without the exploited mission and all charcter data from this morning? Sorry to ask, but I'm not near my XBox right now, so I can't check,

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 06:01 PM
You're just confused. Character data is getting rollback. Gameplay changes like the Rod Buff, Xmas Lobby, and everything else is going to stay.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 06:03 PM
Account data. As in, Items, Character levels, PA levels, Meseta, etc..

Anduril
Dec 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:01, Laranas wrote:
You're just confused. Character data is getting rollback. Gameplay changes like the Rod Buff, Xmas Lobby, and everything else is going to stay.

Thanks. It would have sucked if we had to wait another week to get the content again. Now I just have to get my shrine maiden outfits again, and some Christmas decos. I will get that Har / Quick again, I swear it!

Laranas
Dec 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
That's what I meant by Character data, but I guess account data is a much better term for it.

benover
Dec 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
hi all does the rollback mean i lose the maiden outfit 2 cause thats will really anoy me

Anduril
Dec 14, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:06, benover wrote:
hi all does the rollback mean i lose the maiden outfit 2 cause thats will really anoy me

Yeah. Basically anything you obtained between the server coming back up and going down will be lost.

benover
Dec 14, 2007, 06:09 PM
that sucks i lik that outfit and i got 2 lobby hopp again 2 jeeesss

benover
Dec 14, 2007, 06:11 PM
can u tell me when the servers when down cause i was at work ow and im in the uk ty

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 06:11 PM
Does that include partnership cards too?? I made a friend before the servers went down and we exchanged partnership cards. I hope not because I really liked playing with him and it'll take me a long time to track him down.

Anduril
Dec 14, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:11, addictedtopsu wrote:
Does that include partnership cards too?? I made a friend before the servers went down and we exchanged partnership cards. I hope not because I really liked playing with him and it'll take me a long time to track him down.

On 2007-12-14 15:11, benover wrote:
can u tell me when the servers when down cause i was at work ow and im in the uk ty

Unfortunately, It will be just like you are logging on for the first time since last night's maintenace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-12-14 15:13 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:11, addictedtopsu wrote:
Does that include partnership cards too??

My guess is probably http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weeaboolits
Dec 14, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'm sad about the cards, I met some cool peeps today. :<

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 06:13 PM
Well thats not good at all well I hope I run into him again.

Hokokaru
Dec 14, 2007, 06:20 PM
cant you guys just go to the areas they were playing and give your cards again? cuz usually if im online and im grinding and I get kicked off I wouldnt go start a mission I would go back to what I was originally doing

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ya thats the thing, haha. I actually forgot his name and I logged off before they shut down the servers. So I wouldn't know where he went after I logged off.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 06:26 PM
Go to where you met him, Hopefully you'll remember his name.

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 06:28 PM
Ya I can try that I know what he looks like, but I can't remember the name.

Broodstar1337
Dec 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
So... how is Sonic Team planning on paying us back?

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
I want my damn rares replaced.

DraginHikari
Dec 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:37, KyEmo wrote:

Wishfully thinking... replacing items to that extent would probably be a wee bit too difficult to do with as far back as the Rollback is going.

Kylie
Dec 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
*twiddles thumbs slightly more irritatedly*

OK, so 5 CST was too much to hope for... 6 CST?

Desecration
Dec 14, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:25, addictedtopsu wrote:
Ya thats the thing, haha. I actually forgot his name and I logged off before they shut down the servers. So I wouldn't know where he went after I logged off.

Are you on the PC or PS2, if your on the PC versoin you can always just look at you log in your document files to figure the name out, the server may have rolled back but your log didnt.

KyEmo
Dec 14, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:40, DraginHikari wrote:

On 2007-12-14 15:37, KyEmo wrote:

Wishfully thinking... replacing items to that extent would probably be a wee bit too difficult to do with as far back as the Rollback is going.

Yeah, but it won't stop me from bitching about it.

Zorafim
Dec 14, 2007, 06:49 PM
Any word when PC/PS2 will be back up? It's been an hour or so since the 360 servers were finished.
What a way to spend my first friday after finals. Jeesh, I need friends...

addictedtopsu
I have the pc version I just did what you said to do. Thanks a lot I never knew what those files were for. I found out his name, his name is Panda. You saved me all the trouble of tracking him down.

autumn
This is downright infuriating to wait. I didn't take part in this mission and its almost 7 pm here. I wonder if it'll be too much to hope I'll be able to log in on the pc tonight? I don't know how it takes SegaTeam to fix their issues but it seems like an awfully long time to me....

Ryno
Dec 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
All servers are back online following our emergency maintenance. We wholeheartedly apologize for the issue and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the problem.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid16

The PC/PS2 servers are now open, we apologize for the longer test cycle. While checking the online servers, we discovered another problem had occurred while performing the emergency maintenance and worked to resolve the problem. Everything is back up and running, please log in normally.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=62444

LOL there you go

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-12-14 15:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-12-14 15:59 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 14, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:57, Ryno wrote:
All servers are back online following our emergency maintenance. We wholeheartedly apologize for the issue and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the problem.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid16

I won't believe it until SE confirms it.

addictedtopsu
Dec 14, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ya it is I don't even know when the servers for the pc/ps2 went down but I tried to log in at about 11 am here. Now it's 5:00 pm so it's been a really long time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: addictedtopsu on 2007-12-14 16:00 ]</font>

Costa
Dec 14, 2007, 07:04 PM
Smile, time to get back to work. 83

Desecration
Dec 14, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:49, addictedtopsu wrote:
I have the pc version I just did what you said to do. Thanks a lot I never knew what those files were for. I found out his name, his name is Panda. You saved me all the trouble of tracking him down.

It was no problem, I'm glad I could help.