PDA

View Full Version : acrotecher issues

thunder-ray
Dec 14, 2007, 04:41 PM
I guess in a way i understand why people are beginning to dislike the AT class. I also understand that they are pretty much the masters of support since there supports go up to 40 and yes they should heal and cast reverser since it get very annoying to get sleep and frozen SE. But dont you think since they have the option to melee weps should there choice to use as they see fit. Im not saying they should stop using supports and just spam with whips all the time im saying is we shouldnt have a problem with AT wantng to spam whips half the time their cast heals and reverser. The other issues with acrotechers and not using supports on the party i do agree with in away. Since we do have mags now i dont see any reason why you cant have a resta, reverser equiped to a mag while you spam with a whip and heal and use reverser on other players in your party since AT cast techs faster then fortetechers from what ive been told they can do. So i dont see any reason why they cant cast a heal or reverser when its needed.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2007, 07:40 PM
Actually..the speed is only noticable with madoogs. With wands, it still feels slow as molasses.

Broodstar1337
Dec 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
The best of Acrotechers are the ones who can put away the whip when the party could use a heal or a buff.

I know there's a lot more to it than that, but that's a great start right there.

thunder-ray
Dec 16, 2007, 05:05 AM
im not saying they have to put the whip away just make sure to give me a heal or reverser when im stun, sleep or frozen it gets annoying having to get killed and have to waste money on scapes. I know they cant always be there to heal me but if their right in range to use a resta or reverser why not just do a quick heal on me before contiuning to hit more mobs with whips.

Raine_Loire
Dec 16, 2007, 07:24 AM
yeah, I keep a tech mag on me when I melee for quick shifta and resta... doesn't take much time, and I would like to level them!

thunder-ray
Dec 17, 2007, 07:36 AM
Today i was in a party of six players and we had 4 AT, 1 FF and myself was a fortetecher. we were doing a run in white beast on A rank during the run i made sure that i had my resta and reverser equiped to heal and get rid of sleep. For the whole runs that we did i kinda felt like the only one healing players hp and from sleep and buffing since all the other AT for some reason didnt have stronger buffs then i did. I found it quite odd not one AT out of the whole party didnt have resta or reverser equiped whenever i got sleeped it seemed like they just went along with what they were doing while i ether got killed or left behind. After like doing 4 runs with that party i choose to say fuck this and left the party and joined another one. however this party was completely different then the last party. the new party i went to had 3 FF, 1 GT, 1WT and myself. And it was the first time in a long time that i saw 3 techers work together as a team and helped each other out kept the FF hp always full. i hate to admit it but i was very disappiont in the AT group i was in before i joined the next party i guess i knida expected something more from 4 AT but i guess i was wrong.

UnderscoreX
Dec 17, 2007, 10:45 AM
The best Acrotechers are the ones that listen and do what everyone else tells them to do. Which can be said about any other class.

Darkly
Dec 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
It's strange actually, My new characters a GT and i end up supporting the party so much more than any lazy AT.

You notice the lesser forces like GT and WT looking after the parties more because At's seem to think they are helping the party more with their whip.

I get annoyed when i bust my ass running around looking after a party, and i get put to sleep and everyone ignores you, fair enough if your not a techer but even still, drop a sol atomizer it's just selfish.

thunder-ray
Dec 18, 2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah I know how you feel there. I just made a fortetecher about 3 weeks ago and it seemed like to me every party that i played in that had aleast 3 or 4 acrotecher just didnt seem to do the same thing that i did. during the whole mission I noticed this every run that we did the AT in the party was lacking support while i was the one running around healing reversering other players. But when i got put to sleep or frozen they didnt even bother to reverser mme at all and ill admit it pissed me off for the fact that im in this party with everyone else and they dont even bother to give me a sol or a reverser. Jut i stated in my previous post I noticed something else when I left the other party and went to a whole different party. In the new party i was in GT and the WT spammed the hell out of resta and reverser and give me help when i needed it. In the 10 max runs i did with that party before i had to go i never died once and as a matter of fact none of us didnt die at all during the runs that we was in cuz of the team work of the techers and the fortefighters hell even one of the FF give us a sol at some point when all of the techers got hit with sleep. when i write this message i dont want people to think that im demanding that they play support more and not spam whips at all and when im in a party i dont tell other techers what they should do. In the end they are the ones that know what they are suppose to do in a party if their a techer. All im saying is if your right there you shouldnt have a problem with casting a reverser or a resta if your in my area to give me a hand while im in sleep but i guess thats to much to ask from some AT these days since they feel casting a resta or reverser is too much for them to do these days.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 18, 2007, 06:29 AM
when i write this message i dont want people to think that im demanding that they play support more and not spam whips at all and when im in a party i dont tell other techers what they should do

I would, but I'm an ass that way.

There are far too many bad acrotechers that are in it for something as superficial as "S Whips", "S Madoogs" or other such reasons other than the supporting class (like the whole fT QQing of 2007) and I reiterate what I said in the previous thread

Well ok, as I stated before, you can play a class however you like but it doesn't mean it's right.

With that said, an AT who doesn't buff is what? A gimp wartecher? A gimp Fortetecher? Why play a class that is actually based around their support abilities as something isn't support? Which I also might add, a large amount of damage comes from our buffs, and in this case both party as well as yourself. In addition to that, choosing a class based purely on their weapon choice is kinda moot, S class whips are nothing special, a WT wield them many times better than we do anyways.

Sure you people can flaunt around your attitude of "Just cause they have it doesn't nessarily mean they should use it" but at the same time this implies you'll allow that Fortefighter to use a handgun full time, a Fortetecher use a bow or a saber all the time, ect.

All in all, it all comes back to this:
"You can play a class however you like but it doesn't mean it's right."

An AT that doesn't support, be it lvl 1 or lvl 31, is useless to a team, or even to me.

thunder-ray
Dec 18, 2007, 07:30 AM
I see what your saying perfectly. At the same time though I make use of all of a classes options, I never just use one weapon that i like most of the class I use all of whats avaliable to me as much as i possible can. I also understand how you feel about what you stated n your other post when you said "you can play a class however you like but it doesnt mean it's right". It makes sense in some ways that you can play a class the wrong way I guess. however most people that like a certain weapon thats best used in a certain class is gonna spam the wep and say fuck buffing or im not gonna spam resta or reverser cuz i dont care to do support im just gonna spam my whip and do what i want. I just find it sad that some of the AT ive seen today aint got their shit together and have forgot how to use the class correctly or who knows maybe their trying to find a certain system or way to use them correctly and need a little more exp in using the class better.