PDA

View Full Version : graphical qualms

BigGoldRobot
Dec 14, 2007, 06:22 PM
I recently got a 32" Sony Bravia to replace my incredibly awesome and trusty 13" Magnavox kitchen set lol.

The tv really shows you what you miss in older games in terms of graphical errors. I always thought PSUs graphics were good, not mind blowing but they worked. Imagine my chagrin when I pop it in to a horrible jaggie mess.

Given this is a last gen game but really it looks like shit. The text is especially jaggy and verticle lines show on the screen in first person view. I dont beleive its the tv as it displays everything else fine. I know the 360 version smooths out a lot of stuff but does it display the game in widescreen?

I bought PSU a year ago but never had the time to play and forgot about it till now. I was considering picking up a 360 as that seems to be where most of the user base is. Anyone think its worth it, or should I just hope that a PS3 smooths out the mess with upscaling?

Anyone else have this problem with the PS2 version?

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 06:27 PM
...No?

PSU is lacking somewhat in textures, but everywhere else this game blows most PS2 games out the fucking water. Weapon models are awesome, and character models are really really well done.

Jezzabelle
Dec 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
High def tvs make everything look Jaggy. Because they are too digital if you ask me. If it was a pal version I'm sure it wouldnt be so crappy looking.

Dysis
Dec 14, 2007, 06:49 PM
I have a PS3 and a large plasma screen television, and originally, I was appalled with PSU's graphics. I noticed a lot of blur, and the text was especially difficult to read. However, once I switched over to some higher quality, high definition cables - it made an enormous difference. The game looks great now, not only the text, but the world looks very sharp/crisp... a huge improvement.

BigGoldRobot
Dec 14, 2007, 06:51 PM
Ah see i have it playing on some new component cables now though its still the same problem as you had: graphical blur and text is awful. What are you running? HDMI?