PDA

View Full Version : AotI: How nice would an Invisble status be in PSU?

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
This is just a question for fun really, but..how would you like it, if you could set your online status to "Invisible" like a lot of chat programs allow you to do.

I mean breaking it down into stuff like:

Invisible to all members
Only visible to these members (*use cards to indicate who here*)

and stuff like that. I know we have blacklisting, but..a situation like this occurred last night and it started making me think of this feature.

So, I was watching some anime, then I decided to hop on PSU for a little bit, but I had the anime episode paused for a moment, so I was coming right back. I just wanted to check to see if anything sold in my shop and how my Caliburns came out.

After signing on just to do these simple tasks, someone from my list apparently looked at his partner card list, then noticed I was on, so he decided to come to my room and start talking about this item he found and asked if I wanted to do a mission, etc.

I know we don't like to be mean to our friends, but..I didn't sign on for this, lol. This was going to be a quick sign on, then sign off.

So, would you guys like that kind of feature to be added or would you never use it all and/or think it would be pointless?

you_are
Dec 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
personally I don't see a point to it, but it would be useful for some situations like you say. Many games has them, but phantasy star has yet to take on such things, it relys on old school stuff rather than updating to the new age of MMo

Reipard
Dec 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
Personally I rather think you should be able to hide from people on your PC list if you don't want to be bothered. Whether it's fair or not is irrelevant; the option is still nice to have.

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
You know... this is why I have no friends. I avoid this situation altogether.

Then again, I'd just say "Sorry g2g" and log out. There's a difference between being nice to people and letting them decide your schedule.

LOL if it happens again, just don't answer, and they'll think you're afk.

Reipard
Dec 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
You know... this is why I have no friends.

O_o; o_O;
o_o;

Well, that's awkward.

Xtian913
Dec 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
I would like an invisible option as well, for those times I just want to level techs and don't want to be ragged about not wanting to help someone out.

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-12-15 13:05, Reipard wrote:

You know... this is why I have no friends.

O_o; o_O;
o_o;

Well, that's awkward.

u_u it's by choice, TYVM

MetalIdol876
Dec 15, 2007, 04:11 PM
We need an anonymous mode. Nobody will know what class we are to eliminate the elitist and prick kicks.

I have an Axe! What am I? Tranny or Fighter?
I have a Wand! What am I? Sniper, Mage, Gymnast, or Paladin?

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-12-15 13:11, MetalIdol876 wrote:
We need an anonymous mode. Nobody will know what class we are to eliminate the elitist and prick kicks.

I have an Axe! What am I? Tranny or Fighter?
I have a Wand! What am I? Sniper, Mage, Gymnast, or Paladin?

That would be so funny... join a party and no one can see what level you are... No random invites, that's for sure.

Kylie
Dec 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've been bitching for this for a long time... sometimes I just want to be left alone!

Apone
Dec 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
I would have sworn at the very beginning of PSU there was a feature where you could hide your status. But they took it out not more than a month and a half later.

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
well, you have that party status thing you can set to playing solo...

Darkly
Dec 15, 2007, 05:14 PM
communication - tell him you are just signing on to check your shop, tell him your watching tv and your busy. I don't see the point really.

Noblewine
Dec 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
It probably come in handy in multi-tasking.

Rashiid
Dec 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
I would like this too.

Addark
Dec 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
There are some people I really don't want to party with sometimes... and are persistent. "I'm busy, sorry," is sometimes not good enough for those people.

It'd be really nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tita
Dec 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
good feature, i would love to have it. sometimes i just want to do some character management and i'm not in the mood to socialize.
With the way things are right now, it's like staying home to do some laundry and relax, with a big flashing neon sign on your front door that says "HI IM HOME RIGHT NOW!"

sometimes you just wanna do your laundry, err, i mean check the prices for polymers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

heh, most of my buddies on PSU are really chill and cool folk, so i wouldn't need it for them. it's for those few oddballs that, as mentioned, are really really really really persistant.... or twelve years old http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mewnie
Dec 15, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, an anonymous setting would be nice for times you are feeling anti-social :3

A lot of other online games have it.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-12-15 15:25, Tita wrote:
good feature, i would love to have it. sometimes i just want to do some character management and i'm not in the mood to socialize.
With the way things are right now, it's like staying home to do some laundry and relax, with a big flashing neon sign on your front door that says "HI IM HOME RIGHT NOW!"

sometimes you just wanna do your laundry, err, i mean check the prices for polymers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

heh, most of my buddies on PSU are really chill and cool folk, so i wouldn't need it for them. it's for those few oddballs that, as mentioned, are really really really really persistant.... or twelve years old P

Hey Tita, we need to hang around sometime. I don't see ya on enough though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm usually alone, unless I'm with Jife. So hit me up sometime if you need my help for anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-15 15:31 ]</font>

superdood22
Dec 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
last post + topic subject = lol.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 15, 2007, 07:03 PM
I guess the idea sounds kind of anti-social in some aspects XD

Well, sometimes I just don't like to be bothered with though. Sure, we have the "absent" icon we can put up, but when we're still moving around, putting stuff in our shop, running to the parts shop to check out some things, I think your buddy can take a hint at that point, lol.

I guess it sounds kind of silly, but sometimes I just don't like to be bothered while working on a few things. I know it's an online game, so being sociable is like THE thing to do, but still..

even some of us would like to have our privacy without worrying about getting spammed 15 mails saying, "COME HUNT 4 BH, PL0X http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"

Pure_Insanity
Dec 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
I've been wanting this too. I frequently play while doing something else, like chating on the computer, or watching videos... alterning between the two things, playing at my own pace. And then I get these invitations and I have to refuse... so yeah, invisible mode would be nice.

Foxfire15
Dec 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
Well, frankly, if I want to get off, I get off.....and I'm usually preaty blunt about it. I haven't met any really pushy people, and generally, I'll leave people be if they don't wanna do anything. I kinda see the anon tag as....well, useless.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 15, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-12-15 15:30, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2007-12-15 15:25, Tita wrote:

heh, most of my buddies on PSU are really chill and cool folk, so i wouldn't need it for them. it's for those few oddballs that, as mentioned, are really really really really persistant.... or twelve years old P

Hey Tita, we need to hang around sometime. I don't see ya on enough though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm usually alone, unless I'm with Jife. So hit me up sometime if you need my help for anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-15 15:31 ]</font>

Raine, you don't see Tita enough because she makes use of the invisible status; she just won't tell anyone and pretends to not know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Okay really, the invisible thing would be nice to have. But in the absence of that, they really should allow "Playing Solo" or "Absent" displaying on the partner card list. Communication like "I'm busy, go away" would be nice too, but you can't say that if you're busy and away from the game. (maybe an automated away-message system would help?)

GuardianElite
Dec 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
If they put in i bet Psu would seem dead

Mystil
Dec 17, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-12-16 20:46, GuardianElite wrote:
If they put in i bet Psu would seem dead

Thats how they want it.

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 12:53 AM
Instant invisible status, don't play as a girl.

gryphonvii
Dec 17, 2007, 12:54 AM
I came into this thread because I thought someone wanted ther to be an invisibility buff or something but it seems it is something not so pointless
back to subject I would't use it because the friends I han out with are already antisocial enough and I like playing with a friend I met 6 months ago when he just comes to my room and asks for money ranting about all the good times and the old crowd. And I'm thinking WTF where did I meet this guy and who is this old crowd he keeps on talking about. Then I realize its a guy I met a while back and had to go away for a while and just got back. The I'm like okay dude I gotta go talk to you later, but in reality I'm just getting of psu and thanking jesus that I never gave him my gamertag. Then I get a friend request and I'm like oh sh*t and I change my status to offline.

On secon thought an invisible status would be nice.

gryphonvii
Dec 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gryphonvii on 2007-12-16 21:59 ]</font>

ErtaiClou
Dec 17, 2007, 01:13 AM
With all do respect, supporters sound like the people that were said, "Haha, let's turn off our location on our partner cards so we can run teh haxor mission and no 1 will kno, we're so clever!" Stuff like this could cause more trouble than it's worth. I know it's with good intentions but if someone doesn't believe you when you said you were afk by now, then they're no friends of yours. And it kind of defeats the purpose of Sega putting in all those new status icons they put in our names.