PDA

View Full Version : PSOU AotI it £ 7.99 uk pounds A month bit of a rip off

easy
Dec 15, 2007, 03:53 PM
tell me what we pay the money for how come its so much

what is it £ 7.99 uk pounds bit of a rip off that is it
so their are the new missons and no not the one you unlock bit by bit i paided
for them Habirao F.D: Old Village new missons like Maximum Attack G
and 1up looks like we are paid to unlock missons we have in the Ambition of the Illuminus sage you cheat by the time we get all the missons in the Ambition of the Illuminus we would of paided for it again

god a xbox 360 gold is cheaper than that and you can play on more game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-12-15 12:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-12-15 12:59 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 03:54 PM
What are you talking about? PSU?

^_^

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 15, 2007, 03:58 PM
You're not obligated to pay.
If you believe it's too much then there's no need for you to play it.

easy
Dec 15, 2007, 04:01 PM
NO I LIKE THE GAME best way to get it
cheaper is

1 do not pay it

2 spam you are not happy

it like smokeing people buy them so they sell them but they kill you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-12-15 13:02 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:04 PM
You know what's weird... back when V 2 came out, the price for a hunters license was set in yen, and then when you payed in dollars, your CC company converted it. Yet it seems like now, across the board, everyone pays pretty much the same price- well that is- the same NUMBERS but it's in their currency... Why isn't there a set price for it? I'm pretty sure 9.99 USD and 7.99 (weird pounds symbol) aren't the same thing.

Turambar
Dec 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the Euro is at about a 2:1 ration with the dollar. With that said, I really can't understand what the OP is saying. I don't think he's complaining that the EU subscription is more, but rather the game isn't worth paying for?

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
well, yeah that's what he's saying, but then again, he is paying it, so that's what leads to confusion. And I know what I brought up was a tangent, but I figured if you all get behind it no one would notice...

And BTW, the Euro being at such a high ratio sucks so much!! It makes me so mad to pay my cell phone bill!!!

Bliven
Dec 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
He doesn't use euros though. he uses british pounds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-12-15 13:12, Bliven wrote:
He doesn't use euros though. he uses british pounds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

kein scheisst. Hence the aforementioned weird little pound sign. However:
In North America:

1) $9.99 per month
2) A one time charge of $49.99 for 180 days.

In Europe:

1) A 30 day fixed length subscription is offered to new subscribers. This is charged at £7.49 / € 9.99.
2) £6.99 / € 9.99 per 30 days recurring option, your account will be charged every 30 days.

So if you live in Europe you pay twice as much as Americans... sort of...

Broodstar1337
Dec 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like the world needs a universal currency.

Darkly
Dec 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
isn't the exchange rate from dollars to pounds something like $100 = £60 so me paying £7.99 a month is roughly $14-16.

i think its a bit steep too really, pso was like £4.99 i think, but i do enjoy it so i deal with it.

Blitzkommando
Dec 15, 2007, 04:59 PM
€ 9.99 = $US14.40

£7.99 = $US16.10

There are two ways to look at this: From Sega's likely bullshit perspective or from a purely economic standpoint.

First their bullshit they'd likely spew: Europe has the fewest number of players. Thus it is more expensive for us, Sega, to provide our game to those users. As such prices will be higher than other regions to recoup the cost. The US gets off easy by being the largest audience outside of Japan.

For the real cold hard truth: You're willing to pay it. Simple as that. They realize that everything is more expensive in Europe so they follow suit and sell their game service at a premium over other places around the world. Additional costs don't use up all of that additional money that's coming in so they make a greater profit per user subscribed in Europe over the US or Japan.

Just because a currency is worth more doesn't mean it will buy more. When it comes to comparing the USD to the Euro or GBP it tends to buy more per unit than the others, even though the other two currencies are sometimes worth twice as much. They often buy half as much per unit as well. There was recently an article about iPods and how they found the cheapest iPods were in the US (outside of Taiwan by $4) while Europe was consistently between $50 and $150 more for the same iPod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2007-12-15 14:00 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah, the workers at the stores on post here are all German- so the army pays them in Euros. However, they are allowed to shop on post, so they pretty much spend 1/2 as much as they would in German stores.

The prices on things seem to be the same- something that is a dollar in america is a euro here... I don't know if the pay is the same as well... so I guess if you look at it that way, everything IS cheaper in America...

I did like PSOs universal price though. It seemed more fair.

SabZero
Dec 16, 2007, 04:54 AM
OT, but I want to say, you brits should have voted to adopt the Euro, your own fault. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
Isn't the british pound worth more than a euro?

Raine_Loire
Dec 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
On 2007-12-16 01:54, SabZero wrote:
OT, but I want to say, you brits should have voted to adopt the Euro, your own fault. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SabZero
Dec 16, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-12-16 03:41, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2007-12-16 01:54, SabZero wrote:

Yea, and that's where the "unfair" price comes from, effectively you guys pay more then us, we in return pay more than the U.S. Americans. *shrug*