PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about making a WT...

Zekester
Dec 15, 2007, 10:05 PM
Curious as to which units I should have and also which Techs.

Melee I already got.

I've been decideing between Har/Quick and Sori/Tech Charge, but I don't know which is better for a Female Cast. Any thouhgts?

Randomness
Dec 15, 2007, 10:11 PM
Depends on how offensice you want to be with techs, really. Go ahead and get at least Rest/Reverser. (Someone is going to jump in and tell you to spend 90 frags on Giresta, just watch!)

Oniko
Dec 15, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-12-15 19:11, Randomness wrote:
(Someone is going to jump in and tell you to spend 90 frags on Giresta, just watch!)

In their defense, Giresta is worth it. =P

If you can only have one, Har/Quick would be my recommendation. If you can easily get both, go for it. Sori is particularly good for Shadoogs, and assuming you're not casting too much, can really put a decent boost to your spells(it will drain your PP), however even as a Cast you really wont have a problem support wise, and Har should still boost your damage more than Sori simply on speed.

Tech wise, it sort of depends on how you're going to use them. At the very very least, I'd say Resta, Reverser, Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier. I also highly recommend at least Zodeel and Jellen(Though I find they aren't as useful as they used to be since all the new missions are S. They still remain a big help in S2 and when solo/small groups.) The offensive techs are sort of up in the air, I get a lot of use out of the base spells(especially Foie and Diga) and all the gi spells, and find plenty of situations for the dam series too(would probably use Ra too if I had the spare PA slots), but I'm also newman. They are never going to be a primary source of damage, but can "fill in the gaps" and are a good way to play support since unlike melee, techs don't lock you down for a period of time doing a combo.

I don't have much experience on the PA frag techs outside of Giresta, so I can't say much on those.

Chaosgyro
Dec 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
I never found myself needing to use techs for damage. Cards/handgun/bow can cut it on melee resistant enemies. As for SE usage, Ramegid and foie are pretty handy...whips or the aforementioned ranged weapon can handle anything else you might want to throw in a pinch.

Zekester
Dec 15, 2007, 10:56 PM
So wait, Sori/Tech Charge is for Shadoogs? That makes no sense, since there a range. I would have thought they would boost Madoogs.

-Tidus_415-
Dec 15, 2007, 11:43 PM
Shadoogs power is based on TP remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-12-15 20:44 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 02:10 AM
For Wartecher, I prefer Har / Quick, for both support and offensive spells. Well, if you're a Beast, maybe a Sori / TECH Charge may not be so bad. And yeah, Shadoogs + Sori / TECH Charge is awesome because w/ Shadoogs, you're using TP, but not using Tech PAs, so you're not suffering from the increased PP usage STC gives.

Aviendha
Dec 16, 2007, 01:54 PM
The only techs you need are support spells. Melee/Cards/Handgun will outdamage your attack techs 100% of the time, so don't waste your time on them. Whips do SE faster anyway, so there's no reason to use attack techs.

pokefiend
Dec 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-12-16 10:54, Aviendha wrote:
The only techs you need are support spells. Melee/Cards/Handgun will outdamage your attack techs 100% of the time, so don't waste your time on them. Whips do SE faster anyway, so there's no reason to use attack techs.

On the Contrary, if you're facing a mob of 2 or more winged enemies, ra-techs will easily outdamage cards, handguns or bows--assuming you're a human or newman Wartecher. (possibly even female beast w/ a nicely grinded tech weapon)

And no matter what race you are, Megid is a must-have have for all WTs. SE 3 incapitation comes very useful against robots.

Foie is also another tech to invest in, for its general uber damage and SE 4 burn (The 9* whip only has SE 2). Diga's SE 4 silence may come in handy against technic casters, so I'd take it for the road.

If you have leftover PA frags, I'd also maybe get Regrants. You never know when you may need a wall of knockback by your side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, and from what I've heard, the technic is easy and fast to lvl.

As for armor slots.

Har / Quick is preferably by many, the better choice to use as a Head slot.

As most hybrid fighter classes, WTs generally need an ATP arm slot. However SPS isn't too good of a choice b/c of the class' low ATA, and HPC is just as bad of an option, since unlike FFs, WTs have no PA PP reduction. This basically leaves WTs w/ only 2 effective options: Solid / Knight, or Cati / Power.

IMO if you're a CAST or newman WT (since these races have a nice base ATA), cati / power is the better choice, meanwhile Solid / Knight is more preferable for Beast and Human WTs. (especially beasts)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-12-16 11:38 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
I was thinking that maybe HPC wouldn't be too bad now since melee weapons get that new PP regen w/ normal attacks, and their S rank blades, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Fists have some pretty good normal attacks. Also, I haven't had any problems missing with my female newman using an SPS during 1-up when she was lv 60 fighting lv 100 monsters. They do use high ATA weapons afterall.

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking of leveling cast wartecher after I cap fighgunner (ehg...). I'll assume I should use only support techs, and Har/quick as my mind slot? And for everything else, pretend I'm a fF with techs and a decent selection of guns?

Dragwind
Dec 16, 2007, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't care too much to use a Har/Quick, but a me/quick would be preferred for general use.

However, if you're in a situation where you'll be using foie or diga quite often on a certain enemy, (depends on the situation and your strategy) I'd throw on the STC if you have it.

As for techs, I'd normally recommend Gi-techs, but they are quite easily outdone by whips.

I would get all support techs to begin with, sans Giresta unless you really want it. Foie and Diga will come in handy. Dam techs are wonderful for soloing and spread quick SE on the mob. Nosdiga works great in many situations as well due to the damage and stun. A line tech or two can help slow a mob down before they all scatter in various directions as well.

As for Ra and Nos techs, I wouldn't bother. It would be quite a waste of time to level up, and quite frankly a Wartecher should not be sitting in the back with the ranged classes casting ranged techs. Abuse your defense and evasion stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragwind on 2007-12-16 20:00 ]</font>

Aviendha
Dec 16, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-12-16 11:28, pokefiend wrote:

On 2007-12-16 10:54, Aviendha wrote:

On the Contrary, if you're facing a mob of 2 or more winged enemies, ra-techs will easily outdamage cards, handguns or bows--assuming you're a human or newman Wartecher. (possibly even female beast w/ a nicely grinded tech weapon)

And no matter what race you are, Megid is a must-have have for all WTs. SE 3 incapitation comes very useful against robots.

Foie is also another tech to invest in, for its general uber damage and SE 4 burn (The 9* whip only has SE 2). Diga's SE 4 silence may come in handy against technic casters, so I'd take it for the road.

Winged enemies don't exactly stay grouped up for long...

I'll give you Megid for robots though. I don't really think about robots that much because, as a 360 player, I've been avoiding them like the plague. D:

Foie does not do uber damage. Spinning Strike outdamages it every single time. Even against melee-resistant enemies. Shadoogs do SE3 burn while you own things with Spinning Strike. Plus SE is completely pointless in a party right now.

Confuse > Silence against casters, so I'd much rather have Ramegid than Diga.

On 2007-12-16 15:45, Zorafim wrote:
I'm thinking of leveling cast wartecher after I cap fighgunner (ehg...). I'll assume I should use only support techs, and Har/quick as my mind slot? And for everything else, pretend I'm a fF with techs and a decent selection of guns?

DO IT!!

Actually, the only ranged weapon you have worth using is Cards. Bow for bosses, I guess. Har / Quick ftw.

pokefiend
Dec 17, 2007, 06:49 AM
On 2007-12-16 20:59, Aviendha wrote:
Winged enemies don't exactly stay grouped up for long...

I disagree strongly. As long as your Ra-tech is lvl 21 or above, you'll find the tech will easily lock a mob into a relatively close hudle (especially Rabarta, w/ its SE lvl 3 freeze). And even if the mob is spread apart, no worry. Ra-techs have an amazing range and will likely still reach most flying monster.

As a WT, I used this technique countless of times, and its by far the most effective stradegy. I'd go as far and say it outdamages an AF's/FG's lvl 30 twin handgun PA.

Foie does not do uber damage. Spinning Strike outdamages it every single time. Even against melee-resistant enemies. Shadoogs do SE3 burn while you own things with Spinning Strike. Plus SE is completely pointless in a party right now.

SEs are pointless in a party yes... but soloing however...

At any rate, once S2 missions are introduced w/ much higher lvl enemies, parties are gonna be looking for ATs and WTs to carry a serdote w/ foie in one hand and a burn SE shadoog on the other shoulder. WTs and ATs will be SE burning all over lvl 160 Vil De Vears. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-12-17 03:51 ]</font>