PDA

View Full Version : Kubara weapons and Photon Arts

gurmlk
Dec 16, 2007, 05:12 AM
According to the official site, they made it so that Kubara weapons are more effective than normal ones when using Photon Arts, but I was wondering how worth it that really is considering you have to sacrifice normal attack strength when using Kubara weapons since they are usually weaker than normal weapons of the same level. About how large of a difference in attack power would there have to be between the weapons in order for a normal weapon to be better than a Kubara weapon when using a Photon Art? Also, does the damage bonus apply to all three Photon Art types, or only to a specific type(s)? I would like to know so that I can decide what S rank weapons to go for with my characters.

Darkly
Dec 16, 2007, 07:41 AM
They removed the 10% weapon PA damage reduction on kubara weapons so now they have the same power as regular weapons.

Also kubara copies are generally weaker but their own weapons e.g bil de axe are actually very strong.

Hrith
Dec 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
Bil De Axe has a huge variance, though, like Svaltus Sword, Ank Bico and Song for Death, they are not as powerful as they seem.

gurmlk
Dec 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
What exactly do you mean by variance? I kind of assume what it could mean, but I would rather know for sure.

Hrith
Dec 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
Try an Ank Bico, you're bound to understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Basically, if you look at the stats on the weapon, it only shows "1500", but the Ank Bico has 1-1500 ATP, which means any hit done by the Ank Bico could use 1 as ATP, 1500, or any number in between, making the average ATP of that weapon 751, which is very low for an axe.

Of course, the other weapons I mentioned are very far from having such a wide variance, but enough for me to notice (well especially Song for Death).

All weapons in the game have variable ATP, it's just usually not high enough to be noticed, unless you are researching damage.

As a general rule, Tenora weapons have a bigger variance, and GRM weapons have the lowest, with Yohmei in the middle, Kubara is random.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2007-12-16 11:11 ]</font>