PDA

View Full Version : so I'm beginning to like this new trend.

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure if I can speak for you guys over on the pc ps2 side,but things like har/quick,halarods,sori tech charge,11* twin daggers,the like,are becoming startlingly easy to get. sooner or later if this trend of fast-dropping rares continues with the AOI missions,everybody will have very nice rares. initially,this pissed me off because the shop economy would crash because of this and,of course,what the hells the point of rare items if everybody has one?rares wouldnt really be rares anymore. but then it occured to me the other day as I was playing in a party with 2 people with identical equipment on them.

acrotechers,both of them. had har/quicks and solid/knights, both were using mostly wand and madoog combos along with a whip/madoog. on paper,they are equals. in play,the difference was like night and day between these people. one was supporting,buffing and healing while doing awesome offesne with the whip and technics as well,while using his dualies when the time called,and the other was doing nothing but spamming razonde with his dori and using his whip.

what's becoming rare now is the good players that know how to fully utilize their uber rarz and not just wear them for display purposes. now what's good is instead of just having the s ranks, now that everyone can get them at a fair rate,its up to the people that really know how to play to get their hands on things that fit their style of play and use it to the fullest and really be good at the game,not just good at getting the hot rares.

so I say,give out the har/quicks like theyre candy. let them become available in player shops for 200k. they're still rare items because its becoming less of an item-acquiring frenzy and more of actually gaining skill to play the game. anybody play diablo II? how many people ran around with full tal-rasha sets and still got their asses handed to them rather consistently? how many people had all the high runes but did nothing with them?

its starting to get fun,and its going to only get even more fun from here. wait till the s2's of these missions come out, then well really see how far weve come.

Randomness
Dec 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
*imagines Dancing Birds S2 dropping made Psychos*

physic
Dec 16, 2007, 01:38 PM
well thing to understand is a lot of this stuff is meant to be obtainable, but not super rare, its never available in stores, but they want it to be available for play, it would be retarded if everything stayeds as rare as it was, imagine how rare a 15 star item would be. Most people would still be using the same stuff they had since before aoi was released when the next expansion is out.
im guessing the higher end stuff will still be as rare as stuff used to be.
a level 200 with only 9 star weapons would be foolsih

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 01:38 PM
one can dream but I cannot imagine that. psycho seems to be a drop like the agito where its supposed to be a special rare kinda like a unique one that isnt like one of hte manufacturer ones,so it kinda has its own little special place it drops. okarod is a likely candidate for s2 dancing birds though. flower-like and feminine, yet lethal in technic power. just how we like it.

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-12-16 10:38, physic wrote:
well thing to understand is a lot of this stuff is meant to be obtainable, but not super rare, its never available in stores, but they want it to be available for play, it would be retarded if everything stayeds as rare as it was, imagine how rare a 15 star item would be. Most people would still be using the same stuff they had since before aoi was released when the next expansion is out.
im guessing the higher end stuff will still be as rare as stuff used to be.
a level 200 with only 9 star weapons would be foolsih

indeed,they did have to bump the drop rates sooner or later. here I was marveling at how lucky I was getting a har/quick during 1up when they were still going for 5 million even witht he boosted drop rates,and now I saw several shops last nite on 360 for 800k.

Rashiid
Dec 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
Personally, I hate how these rares are so easy. I swear if some AotI mission drops Kazarods.....

ThEoRy
Dec 16, 2007, 02:08 PM
Well if they do then I'll be there...

GaNksTa
Dec 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
I never used Tal Rasha's or any set items. Shakos, Enigmas, Fire Faucet Occys, War Grieves, mage fist, fire gcs, and lidless wall was the way to go for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif 86 fb sorc closed non ladder

Darkly
Dec 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
13* and up should be quite rare, i like having both easy and hard to get rares. if everything up to 15* is easy to find then it ruins the point of the game. har/quick is only a 7* right? well imagine how rare and awesome 15* units would be.

KyEmo
Dec 16, 2007, 02:50 PM
Har / Quick prices were 8mil+ yesterday. Now the lowest is 3.25mil.

Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Tidus_415-
Dec 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-12-16 10:41, Rashiid wrote:
Personally, I hate how these rares are so easy. I swear if some AotI mission drops Kazarods.....

Yup. It's pathetic that everything is dropping like candy and everyone is running around with the same thing. I just hope 13*-15* have the good old V1 drop rates so then when you actually find something you feel good about it and not disappointed because everyone else would have it.

Mysterious-G
Dec 16, 2007, 03:28 PM
The main thing I dislike about all that is, that we have no reason to play v1 missions anymore (out of those Agito and PW hunters), their drop rates are just too awful.
AoI missions again... Way too easy. Well, the enemy drop rate ist still okay, but the boss boxes just have a way too good drop rate. Items you hunted for like 5 weeks are easily aquired in 2 days now. Meh, I really dunno what to think about this.
Of course it`s kinda nice, but on the other side it really is nothing special anymore.
But yes, I am happy not to repeat the same missions like 4545823 times to get the freaking rare I want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But I also hope that 13* and up items will still be very rare, and also all S rank units. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShawnLeeGuku
Dec 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
I like the new drop rates because if you're determined enough, you'll get what you want. Before AotI, I saw a bunch of people complaining about doing over nine thousand runs without getting zip. I did maybe 2 weeks of on-and-off Booma runs and finally got my Neiclaw. It's not ruining the game for me, it's actually more enjoyable.

The only slight complaint I have about AotI is that the rares are set by default to "Give Random", which is more a minor inconvenience than anything. And it might be nice if the PC/PS2 servers and the 360 could be merged, but there'd probably be too many complications for that to occur anyway. So, I'm gonna be happy with the game as it is.

Tita
Dec 16, 2007, 03:33 PM
moral: good gameplay is the uber rarz

Reipard
Dec 16, 2007, 03:38 PM
doing over nine thousand runs

What?! 9000?!

ShawnLeeGuku
Dec 16, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-12-16 12:38, Reipard wrote:

What?! 9000?!

There's no way that could be right! Could it?!

Rashiid
Dec 16, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-12-16 11:50, KyEmo wrote:

Got mine for a mil 3 hours after the mission was out (well after rollback)

Kylie
Dec 16, 2007, 05:06 PM
Patient people save money; too bad I'm not patient.

Cerberus1981
Dec 16, 2007, 05:12 PM
I found a Har / Quick earlier and thought I might be able to get a few million for it (no use to my Cast Gunner) but it's worth about 800k now so I probably won't even bother selling it.

AmyPsycho
Dec 16, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-12-16 10:30, Randomness wrote:
*imagines Dancing Birds S2 dropping made Psychos*

oh my god dont taunt me, I dream of these things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lamak
Dec 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
They should leave some weapons rare.

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-12-16 11:16, GaNksTa wrote:
I never used Tal Rasha's or any set items. Shakos, Enigmas, Fire Faucet Occys, War Grieves, mage fist, fire gcs, and lidless wall was the way to go for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif 86 fb sorc closed non ladder

mine was a meteorb sorc. occy,lidless,ormus' robes.good times. dont remember wat helmet I used tho. I stacked her with fast cast rate items i think I ended up with abotu 127% enhanced cast rate. I used to teleport so fast that the screen would just stay black while I held down the mouse button. then she got hacked and everything I had was gone. so i made a hammerdin and I tried doing the same with him with enigma but it just wasnt the same.

now I am reliving her dream with a har/quick. if only forces could teleport. that would be some shit.

but yes,as someone up there said, moral: good gameplay is uber rarz.

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-12-16 14:15, Lamak wrote:

they do. the lowest blackbull price is 9 million and that is only because its grinded 4/4. normal base blackbulls or decently grinded unbroken ones go for circa 20 mill.

try finding a cubo musrana,there MAY be one or two shops.then if you really want a good laugh,go hunt one. I wish you god's speed.

unfortunately,gunner classes in this game get shit on when it comes to rares. right now fortefighters techers acroclasses and fighgunners are cornholing the benefits.

mother brain doesnt make life much easier either,aside from twin tornadoes,which should be dropping at quite a fair rate given the fact that AOI boss boxes are pretty generous. I am however going to stockpile every grand cross board I get in case I ever decide to switch back to fighgunner or try FF. I miss splendor crush already.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
I don't like the v1 drop rates because Sega made it so that luck is the one and only important factor of getting a rare, not skill, hard work, or whatever, but pure dumb luck, which is rather sickening. I'm glad they fixed the drop rates, and I agree with Majan. I much prefer if they're used by the skilled person that doesn't have the best luck in the world than by some uber lucky person who catass'd his way to a rare but really just sux in the game and mostly was able to do good because he has 50% armor and 50% weapons and such.

SolRiver
Dec 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
The last thing I want in a game is spending 500 billion hours on some "virtual item" and brag about how much of no life I got.

Something unobtainable means it doesn't exist.

Following by the current trend though, I expect the 13+* to be quite hard to be obtained, and those are the "real rare". Everything 12* and below are common rare. So it is perfect; everyone get to use S rank to keep my kind happy, and super rare 15* will keep rare hunters happy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-16 15:14 ]</font>

Addark
Dec 16, 2007, 06:48 PM

You can't even find the 11* claw on the market. x_X However the item database SAYS it's out...

pikachief
Dec 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-12-16 15:48, Addark wrote:

You can't even find the 11* claw on the market. x_X However the item database SAYS it's out...

it is.

i also dont see anyone playing the electric dragon boss for it >.>

Rashiid
Dec 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-12-16 15:48, Addark wrote:

Name one person who does Moonlight Beast S2. Just one, humor me.

Addark
Dec 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
That's kind of what I meant. Some items will stay rare because nobody does the old missions.

And.
D:
I'm that one person.

AnamanaAU
Dec 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
I think it's good that the rares have reasonable drops. Because, you see, the market right now is controlled by high level players, us low level players basically have to suck cock to get anything decent.

Aviendha
Dec 16, 2007, 10:06 PM

It won't matter. You're still special now, and we'll know when the mission is coming due to JP players, so you can just sell it for mad profit a week or two before the mission is released. XD

On 2007-12-16 14:22, majan wrote:

they do. the lowest blackbull price is 9 million and that is only because its grinded 4/4. normal base blackbulls or decently grinded unbroken ones go for circa 20 mill.

try finding a cubo musrana,there MAY be one or two shops.then if you really want a good laugh,go hunt one. I wish you god's speed.

unfortunately,gunner classes in this game get shit on when it comes to rares. right now fortefighters techers acroclasses and fighgunners are cornholing the benefits.

mother brain doesnt make life much easier either,aside from twin tornadoes,which should be dropping at quite a fair rate given the fact that AOI boss boxes are pretty generous. I am however going to stockpile every grand cross board I get in case I ever decide to switch back to fighgunner or try FF. I miss splendor crush already.

A guy I used to play with had his 3/10 Rattlesnake purchased out of his shop for 99 Mil, much to his surprise, lol. Gunner rares are still unbelievably rare.

Why bother with Twin Tornado when Twin Ruby Bullet is as good or better? Unless you prefer the looks of Twin Tornado, I guess.

dudeanonymous
Dec 16, 2007, 10:26 PM
now hunting the 11* and up after you aquire your 10*s is fun and a challenge like storm pistol boss box at plains overlord...haven't seen one person with that. I don't hear of amure tippy dropping...ever I know one person has the board but hell everyone it hunting it all day every day...and anyone who has it is gonna have a hella hard time synthing it. So if you want a hard hunt go 11* and up...now the 10*s are going to make the game fun to hunt them...thats really how I look at it...

KyEmo
Dec 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
Har / Quicks are back up to 5mil D=

Egg99
Dec 17, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-12-16 11:59, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Yup. It's pathetic that everything is dropping like candy and everyone is running around with the same thing. I just hope 13*-15* have the good old V1 drop rates so then when you actually find something you feel good about it and not disappointed because everyone else would have it.

While you may find it pathetic, I find it to be a complete blessing that rares are actually obtainable now. Good old V1 drop rates? When you have to do upwards of 800 runs of the same mission, and spend the better part of 200-400 hours just to have a hope of finding a rare, I find that to be pathetic.

The only reason that rares were so scarce in V1 was because, quite simply, there just wasn't enough of them. Now that we have at least an extra three rares added on to each weapon category, there was absolutely no reason to leave the rates as abysmal as they were. There are those of us who spend less than 25 hours a week playing this game, and pre-AoI, finding a rare was simply not possible aside from clear 1-in-a-billion luck.

As someone else said, there's no point in having a whole bunch of rares if no one is ever actually going to get to use them. Now that we have 13-15 stars, we have a nice balance. I'm able to continue having a life and still find "common" rares, while the lifeless elitist whores can devout a retarded amount of time to finding those shiney weapons that will make them do +5 more damage. So it evens out, regardless of whether or not people agree with it.

jayster
Dec 17, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-12-16 11:50, KyEmo wrote:

I sold mine for 7.2 million 4 days before this mission came out. I bought one today for 600k..... lol...

But on topic. I personally don't like how easy it is to get rares, I hate how everything devalues so quickly.

gryphonvii
Dec 17, 2007, 01:08 AM
I remember I got my togehas the good old fashioned way running demons above, now everyone seems to be running with at least two pairs everywhere. Some rares I don't mind but those are the rares I don't hunt, the things I hunt are the things that I want to be rare to make me feel good when I find them.

Kerschweiser
Dec 17, 2007, 03:46 AM
On 2007-12-16 12:41, ShawnLeeGuku wrote:

On 2007-12-16 12:38, Reipard wrote:

What?! 9000?!

There's no way that could be right! Could it?!

It's a trap!

P1nkSt4r
Dec 17, 2007, 04:14 AM
I do admit the rares are dropping like flys.... like my first s run i got a halarod made but then again u can buy them in the stores now for 100k that is really silly.... soon enough the psyco wands r gonna come rockin and illa come knockin.....hehehe.... but then again they r releasin 13 star weapons soon so there is a good reason behind all these great rares.... also its wat keeps us playin knowin that there r alot of rare drops and we have a chance to behold its powers.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

i do quite like it,

Much love,

http://usera.imagecave.com/chickey/images2.jpg

Mio
Dec 17, 2007, 04:34 AM
I'm helping my friends hunting items for their classes, and it's good to find so many rares. Too bad I'm a fortegunner and my ones are still so rare that I don't even want to hunt them.

Angelo
Dec 17, 2007, 04:38 AM
I think it's great that there are alot more rares. Everyone should have at least one S rank.

I think only elitist nerds want to stifle the flow of rares so they can sit on their high horse and say "Ha! Ha! I have this and you don't!" in their minds.

Turbobrain
Dec 17, 2007, 05:34 AM
I found Pyscho Wand in 140ish runs and Agito Repca in about 100ish runs. I think thats easy enough for the most powerfull weapons in their class at present. If anything a bit to easy... the hard part is finding the materials and in the case of the Repca grinding it as the stats are lousy at first.

Looking back, I had more trouble finding my Halarod when it used to me rare, finding a me/quick was not easy either....

I think V1 rares should continue to be as rare, AoI rares are good as it's like PSO, some rares are easy, some real hard but it means missions dont get to strained as you find something while spamming the missions for the xxxth time(lol I found 3 vipers looking for Agito Repca).

Having said that, anyone how thinks rares on this game are easy, try finding kan-yu(someone has 600 logged runs and not found it) or kazza rod(theres like 2 I've heard of on my server) or even the Gaozoran Rod(forgetting 1up).... even after you find the board the materials NEVER seem to drop(not for me at least). I'm glad some rares have got/are easier as before it almost everything were too hard to find and many people just gave up on the game because of this.... but you still have your 'uber' rares for 'hardcore hunters' to look for. Though it does suck a bit how Sega have nerfed these uber rares(take Blackheart Saber.... soon to drop from Chapter 3 on any rank real east I believe).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-12-17 02:34 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 17, 2007, 05:41 AM
Gah!

Damn you TD mission!
Gib my Blackbull nuw not 5 Ank Dedda boards and 50 thousan poison/resist which i have absolutely no use for!!

DesertGunner
Dec 17, 2007, 07:16 AM
I've never seen a zanshu-misaki or a hoshi-kikami for sale on the 360 servers.

amtalx
Dec 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
On 2007-12-16 14:22, majan wrote:

FUCKING THANK YOU.

Nuclearranger
Dec 17, 2007, 11:14 AM
Not to mention the fortegunners signature 12* rifle doesnt even drop yet>.>....

Maybe on Ryucross...

physic
Dec 17, 2007, 11:34 AM
uhh no standard 12 stars drop, only kubaras

Rashiid
Dec 17, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-12-17 01:38, Angelo wrote:
I think only elitist nerds want to stifle the flow of rares so they can sit on their high horse and say "Ha! Ha! I have this and you don't!" in their minds.

No, it just sucks how you don't have to do shit to get the 'rare' things.

If you find games where all the cool stuff can be easliy obtained, then this (AotI) so far is for you.

I hate having things handed to me.

physic
Dec 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
so go hunt the PSU v1 rares. Theres quite a number of nearly unobtainable items still.

Rashiid
Dec 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
That's what I do. I'm going for the 11* Bow. Already have a Kazarod, so I need a Rikaturi and Tesbra.

XDeathX
Dec 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
iF s rANKS WERE STILL RARE, YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO

91250 runs for a chance to make 13*

182500 runs " " " " " 14*

365000 " " " " " " 15*

Do you honestly want that?

It would be PSO all over again.1

XDeathX
Dec 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
PS: Those numbers are just an exaggeration.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
True. There are still difficult rares, but they are like they're supposed to be. They're the ones that feel like something you can live without; but is great to get instead of the rares that were very difficult to get, but you absolutely needed it lest your class suffered higher end monsters.

In PSO, you had rares, but you could play just as well without those rares as you had your proper compliment of tools for even the highest monsters. I'd figure some of the *used to be* rares are put in place in order to make the environment more like PSO.

Enigmaloner
Dec 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
Im Late into this discussion and i apologise for sidestepping everyone Else but i loved Majans point at the beginning of this post. I pick up and use what i find, i dont amass cash and buy the best thing in the shops and He made a point that i hadn't thoguht of expressing.

Playign and hunting and FIndign things is the best part of this nad the reward of runnning groups of enemys and learning tactics to deal with a group of 2 of one type of monster and 3 of another is the most useful parts of this game its what made me come back after a couple of months.

Im glad AOI Exist's im in a happy mood after reading this. ^_^

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:10, XDeathX wrote:

365000 " " " " " " 15*

Not even that, you just needed luck in order to get a 13* or up item, and if you don't have the luck, no matter how much runs you do, even if you do 90000000 runs, you just won't get it period.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 01:43 PM
Like me and a single De Ragan Tail. Never obtained even one of those, on my own. Or the simple fact that I saw yellow rappies precisely twice in an entire year of PSU. So yeah, luck is a big factor. And when certain necessary things for your class are in that rarity (because that level of luck for rares was on the same scale for those desperately needed items), it can definitely stifle progress based on luck. I think this was SEGAs way of making certain rares not so rare because they feel that more people should have access to those particular ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 10:44 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 17, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:10, XDeathX wrote:

365000 " " " " " " 15*

To a certain extent yes. What ST has done with AoI is created the "common rare" class. I think this was a good move, and desperately needed. We needed to get the Varistas, DBs Sabers, and Discas of Liberator back.

However, in order for that to work, we still need to have the uber rares. When all the attainable rares are common rares, the whole system falls apart. I don't mind if 10-11* weapons fall like rain as long as 12-13* weapons are difficult, and 14-15* are all all but impossible. The problem is that the 12*s we have are not the real 12*s and 13-15* can't even be obtained yet.

Part of the fun of PSO was collecting rares. I spent 5 years acquiring ranger weapons and when all was said and done, I was still missing a couple (curse you Ano Rifle and Twin Psychoguns). In PSU, you can roll in fresh from Guardians training camp and have almost every available S-rank for any given class (unless you are a ranger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif) within a few weeks. Whether you buy it or find it, rare hunting is now a joke. Add to that the "Ages 3-5" difficulty level and PSU has gotten pretty lame.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 02:03 PM
But you're forgetting a major aspect of PSO. None of those rares were really required at all. I mean, nobody really felt pressured that they'd have it tough without those rares nor would they base (right here on this site) general class-based gameplay discussion based on the assumption that everybody can easily get these 1-1,000,000 chance drops.

Nope. The PSO rares made you kick more butt, but it wasn't class-deciding butt. You could make do, from every level of the game, without them.

I'm not convinced that all rares are easy, for this expansion. My thinking is that the terminology is different, that's all. Now we have not-so-rare rares, and then you have rare-rares. So everybody gets to see some neat stuff they get by playing more, but there's still a class of really neat (but unnecessary) stuff above that.

It's a bit more like Diablo, in that regard. You even saw some rare versions of stuff, early game; but there's those true examples of rare-goods that don't come often at all. As for why many people have rares in that game...it could be possibly either by hacks (like PSO) or the sheer fact that so many people play Diablo II to death. It's still the longest-played dungeon crawler with such a large dedicated population on it. If they haven't ripped nearly everything out of that game playing it by now, I don't know what's keeping them.

It takes away from the PSO, tough to obtain rares (unless you cheat or get it from a duper), and just regular stuff (which is as good, in use, as the non-rare rares are now).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 13:47 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Here's my EPIC tale of how I acquired my mega-rare Svaltus Sword. True story!

"I was in a full party on that 1-up mission, and all of a sudden it says Jife Jifremok received: [B] Svaltus Sword. It was great to see that board just fall right into my lap, but I knew I had to wait a few weeks for that synth bonus. The wait was worth it; that sucker was guaranteed to synth at 100%! And it came out 10% light too! Such shitty market value (for a svaltus sword) but seemingly custom-tailored to my preference of low % light equipment, entirely by luck!"

As you can see, there is absolutely nothing badass in the above paragraph. The svaltus sword itself is my favorite sword (third favorite weapon next to desta and bazga) and I'm glad to have it. But since it's the kind of weapon that just comes to people on silver platters, I'd rather they'd be more accessible to people. If it's gonna be hard for people to get, skill should be the determining factor. Not luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-12-17 12:46 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 17, 2007, 10:13 PM
Personally, I think the rates should go down a bit. However, I also think that they should NEVER have raised area drops. Simply because Psycho Wand was rare as crap in PSO. I kind of liked it that. Same with Agito. Now more people have those than 11* items that Yohmei, TENORA works, and GRM ACTUALLY produce. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I think the aformentioned "Ancient" rares should have stayed rarer. Perhaps they should have only raised the Boss box drop rate.

Bman40
Dec 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
not everything drops like candy(rattlesnake, shigga baret, needle cannon, blackbull, twin tornado, tesbra, gur asted) (swears at sega for ripping off gunners)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bman40 on 2007-12-17 20:23 ]</font>

Bman40
Dec 17, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:43, Akaimizu wrote:
Like me and a single De Ragan Tail. Never obtained even one of those, on my own. Or the simple fact that I saw yellow rappies precisely twice in an entire year of PSU. So yeah, luck is a big factor. And when certain necessary things for your class are in that rarity (because that level of luck for rares was on the same scale for those desperately needed items), it can definitely stifle progress based on luck. I think this was SEGAs way of making certain rares not so rare because they feel that more people should have access to those particular ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 10:44 ]</font>
then y the fuck do they make guns so damn hard to find=(

Skye-Fox713
Dec 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
I wish this was the same story with the Rattlesnake and the Shigga Baret

Aviendha
Dec 18, 2007, 01:44 AM
Gunners are pretty much getting the shaft on rares.

What I'm really liking though is the trend of Kubara A-ranks being as good as or better than S-ranks.
Magical Wand pretty much owns (long as you're female)
As soon as we get Maximum Attack G, throw away your Storm/Twin Tornado/Grand Cross/Halarod, since the A-rank Ruby Bullet/Twin Ruby/Twin Durandal Replica/ Chao rod beat the pants off of all those S-ranks, respectively.

Mio
Dec 18, 2007, 01:51 AM
Its not that bad. I love the idea of A rank rares. I'm sure one day there will be super strong S ranks too.

Carbinne
Dec 18, 2007, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I learned pretty quickly to be satisfied with the gear setup I have. For the last, I don't know how long, my fortegunner main setup has been, what. Falgohoh 10s, Phantom 5or 6s, Cubo Dungas, Yohmei Twin handguns. Some of the more noticable tweaks were that they made laser cannons useful and shotguns even stronger, some of the new yohmei guns, the tenora pistols and the unusually good Varista.

That said, the whole getting shafted on rares also means we don't really need to shell out lots of time or money looking for new gear. Blackbull is still haha impossible to find and the new yohmei rifles are just bad.

physic
Dec 18, 2007, 03:52 AM
there are many weapons that are still fairly unattainable, most 11 stars that arent in an aoi box yet. I personally think they have to be un rare, like i said, otherwise your not really moving foward. How long have we had A ranks? they ve looked essentially the same since 7 star. So you really expect 90% of the population to have most their equipment be A ranks? thats like expecting everyone to be using caliber/gladius etc on pso. Just because you cant buy it in stores, doesnt mean they should be impossible to get. These rares are supposed to be the unbuyable in stores, but decent price in shops rares, later on we ll have the omg rule the world rares. Really if they didnt make sranks attainable, a big part of class selection limitations are irrelevant.
before Aoi did it really matter that a FF had S in swords? chances are 90% you didnt have a 10 star sword, (slvatus huge cutter:rare slvatus, kan yu boss box), now the class limititaions start to come in to play in yoru chr selection, what you have access to at high level.
Imo by some means or another this had to happen, whether it be aoi or just new psu vanilla difficulties with higher drop rates on older items, its need for the game that thier are a variety of s ranks available to the average player.

As far as making it obtained by skill, that would be nice, buuut not easily implemented, heres to hoping challenge is the hidden bomb the drop in the middle of the expansions life.

Mewnie
Dec 18, 2007, 04:14 AM
I hate that.. I'm lucky if I get -any- interesting, while others just seem to shit horseshoes X3

Mostly things I never expect to get, when I least expect it (hi Daiga-Misaki and Gizaha-Zashi!)

Schubalts
Dec 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
I think some people are forgetting that boards don't magically spit out items the second you find them. Got a board? Good for you! Now go hunt down those 45 super rare materials(which are worth more than the finished item) so you can attempt to make it!

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
On 2007-12-18 05:04, Schubalts wrote:
I think some people are forgetting that boards don't magically spit out items the second you find them. Got a board? Good for you! Now go hunt down those 45 super rare materials(which are worth more than the finished item) so you can attempt to make it!

I'm not so sure about that. The only hard to find materials that you'll need a lot of are Diads and maybe Catilium. The new Neudaiz missions hemorrhage Diads and Catilium can be mined if you are patient.

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 08:27 AM
On 2007-12-17 20:20, Bman40 wrote:
not everything drops like candy(rattlesnake, shigga baret, needle cannon, blackbull, twin tornado, tesbra, gur asted) (swears at sega for ripping off gunners)

Gunner is the simplist class in the game. Atleast make some difficult for them. Oh, and Blackbulls are in high number now.

Mio
Dec 18, 2007, 08:37 AM
On 2007-12-18 05:27, Rashiid wrote:

Gunner is the simplist class in the game. Atleast make some difficult for them. Oh, and Blackbulls are in high number now.

I play all three classes. They're all equally simple. But of course, your fortetecher is harder to use, and only your one, not fortetechers in general. lol

Mio
Dec 18, 2007, 08:38 AM
triple >< delete please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2007-12-18 05:43 ]</font>

Mio
Dec 18, 2007, 08:38 AM
triple >< delete please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2007-12-18 05:42 ]</font>

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 11:55 AM
They are making 10*'s easily available to give you a taste of the S-Rank scene. Most units 7*-9* will also receive missions where they are easy to get. This is to keep you interested and not frustrated at no worthwhile drops. The real grind will be the 13*-16* items that aren't released yet. That's gonna be the nightmare. SEGA is just trying to soften the blow with this trend. Don't expect the trend to follow with anything 11* or higher. Well, outside of seasonal events. And even then expect alot more of the lower end S-Ranks before you see the higher ones...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MetalIdol876 on 2007-12-18 08:56 ]</font>

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-12-18 05:37, Mio wrote:

I play all three classes. They're all equally simple. But of course, your fortetecher is harder to use, and only your one, not fortetechers in general. lol

By simple I mean in terms of usage and gear, fortegunner is easy as hell.

Fighter is expensive, if you want to be a good one. but an all 10% palette and having weapon elements just for pretty colors, then yeah, hunter is simple as hell too.

Fortetecher, can be easy, but, people don't play their roll as they should. Not to sound elitist, but many techers have the smallest resta ever.

Saner
Dec 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
it's selfish to want these things to be so rare.

half the problem with PSU back then was that things were too hard to drop and synthesis was too costly cause it was too risky. the same with grinding.

they improved quite a bit now.

panzer_unit
Dec 18, 2007, 12:58 PM
I like feeling that I've got some actual chance of getting a rare item to drop... if not what I'm actually looking for, at least something that will make a good present or trade. I've gotten piles of good loot from failing to get a Huge Cutter.

majan
Dec 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:58, panzer_unit wrote:
I like feeling that I've got some actual chance of getting a rare item to drop... if not what I'm actually looking for, at least something that will make a good present or trade. I've gotten piles of good loot from failing to get a Huge Cutter.

yep that is another thing. in hunting for what you want,now,you have a good chance of finding other things that are either useful for yourself or useful to sell to others to get better means to attain wat it is you hunt for. the other day while running whitebeast,I check my inventory to see how many items I had. sure enough, there was 59. I was one hot berry away from missing out on a potential rare! O.O!!!!so I went to my fifth page and there it was, [B] vish adan,and I had no idea how it got there. not even the faintest clue. synthed it,sold it for 340k. if this happened in PSUv1, it would have gone more like, "WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" OOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOG MGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGM .......... epileptic seizure continues... then I go sell whatever it is, with whatever element, for a minimum of 5 mill.

the fact that things have become easier to attain means less emphasis is placed on these things in the gameplay. now that noone can rely on their weapons to shine for them since the people theyre surrounded by are using them too,the people themselves have to shine as players. join any party and youll see two of the same class performing in a very intersetingly contrasted way. there will be two fortetechers using their flashy halarods or maybe those shiny new psycho wands. one will be spamming diga,the other using diga when the time calls,buffing,supporting,and using proper element spells for the rest of the time. fighgunners. one will be using his fancy crea doubles making that lovable PSO-saber sound across the room sending sageetas into sageeta hell using tornado dance while pissing off everybody else in the party. the other fighgunner will be using twin pistols and crossbows against monsters he cant reach with melee and using logical melee pa's when he does reach them,with the very same flashy crea doubles as the other prick.

now the separation among the players is skill,not who has the most yellow S's in their palette.

Mio
Dec 18, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:05, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-12-18 05:37, Mio wrote:

By simple I mean in terms of usage and gear, fortegunner is easy as hell.

Fighter is expensive, if you want to be a good one. but an all 10% palette and having weapon elements just for pretty colors, then yeah, hunter is simple as hell too.

Fortetecher, can be easy, but, people don't play their roll as they should. Not to sound elitist, but many techers have the smallest resta ever.

My gunner palette is made of +10 A rank weapons (few made prior to AOI), 40% or more tenora 9* spears, 40% or more grm daggers.

I have a wide selection of different elemental armors. And I don't mean only 6 armors. I have shinowas, regular crimson lines, storm lines etc...

I have a decent selection of units but I still lack the one I really care for.

I didn't got this equip in one day, but yeah, no S rank weapons.

Reipard
Dec 18, 2007, 02:26 PM
It is not quite become the focus on easy rares and performance over equipment just because AOI rares have so far been easier to obtain. You won't see a large number of Fortetechers using their shiny Psycho Wands because that still takes a year and a half of running Sleeping Warriors to get.

A number of rares have become easier to obtain but don't think that they're going to be top of the line best thing to hunt for long. Sega will likely release things that top them. And THOSE will drop at PSUv1 rates, 'cause if Sega didn't change all those that is likely what they're meant to stay as.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-18 11:26 ]</font>

Minamo
Dec 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
Sonic Team expects those warriors to grind the S rank weapons without fear. Actually I have seen many "broken" weapons ( 0/9, 0/8, 1/9 or else) at a very low price.

It is just a strategy to make them waste all their mestas.

panzer_unit
Dec 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:11, majan wrote:
fighgunners. one will be using his fancy crea doubles making that lovable PSO-saber sound across the room sending sageetas into sageeta hell using tornado dance while pissing off everybody else in the party. the other fighgunner will be using twin pistols and crossbows against monsters he cant reach with melee and using logical melee pa's when he does reach them,with the very same flashy crea doubles as the other prick.

now the separation among the players is skill,not who has the most yellow S's in their palette.

... well it's a question of GRINDED S-ranks now, rather than just S-ranks in general. That takes some serious luck. Got your special weapon to +5 (or god forbid +10)? That's a really big deal for stats, compared to anyone using a +0 and never mind different jobs who only get the weapon type at 9*.

On the other hand, I think weapon stats NEVER mattered enough to make up for sucking at combat. I bet someone using 5*+10 gear can show up an idiot with all S-ranks for what they are. On anything with less power than a sword your total ATP is still in the 90% range.

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
It's been over a year and we STILL don't have full access to 12* weapons. Unless ST goes into berserk mode, we should see 15*s around the time the servers are shutting down.