PDA

View Full Version : What a shitty ending for a good weekend

Sord
Dec 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
GARUGH

so I get home from my friends this weekend, go upstairs, turn on my copmuter, gonna play some video games, and whadya know, my monitor screen is fucked up. Looks like someone smashed the screen into the center. I make a quick tour around the house asking if anyone had been on my computer (which they damn well should not have been) and everyone says no one was on. So I come back to my room... and find the monitor is off. In fact, it won't even turn on now. It seems to be completely shot, for no apparent reason.

So now I'm typing on this damn tiny back-up monitor, that's no bigger than maybe a foot, while my last monitor was 19". Of course, the real pisser in all this is that my mom made me trade in our good, big 21" for my friends 19" a few years back because my mom thought it was just "too big." Well, having just got back from their house, I can safely say that 21" monitor is working just fine. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

That aside, my weekend at my friends was fine. Friday nigt we partied hard and late into the morning. I played the crap out of Rock Band. Went home (friends home anyways) slept, woke up the next day. Played more Rock Band, played the japanese Bleach 2 fighting game for DS (don't know the full name since I can't read japanese.) Awesome game as far as handhelds are concerned . My friend has the R4 thing for DS, awesome device, and is how we can play that game. Saw Suicide Kings, which turned out to be a realy good movie.

Most of this morning, same thing, then had to go home (my home this time.) Now I'm here and loop back to first paragraph.

VanHalen
Dec 16, 2007, 10:08 PM
That's pretty fucked up. As for my weekend I went on my Senior trip. I got to play paintball for the first time and shot a couple of people :3. Then got shot a couple of places that were pretty funny. It doesn't really hurt as bad as people say it does when you get hit. Honestly, the numbing in my fingers from the cold and snow was alot more painful(and let me tell you that shit was painful).

My friend almost got into a fight with someone. I let him borrow my gun since his wasn't working and I was shot out. He apparently shot this guy 5 times in the back after he said he was out. My friend apologized for it but the other dude pointed the gun in my friend's face. So my friend smacks the gun out of the guy's hand and starts telling him some words. When my friend was about to punch the guy the referees intervened and stopped them.

Then I was left with a gun that didn't shoot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Sord
Dec 16, 2007, 10:26 PM
yeah, paintball is pretty fun. It doesn't hurt to much if you're hit from the proper distance. Of course, when an asshole comes up a bluff and shoots you in the shoulder with a proffesional grade paint ball sniper at under 3 feet, it hurts like a mother fucker and gives a bruise as big as a sandbag gun from a riot squad. Gave me a ring of blood as well, wanted to shoot the fucker in the face. We had clearly established surrender rules before the matches, and what's more, the asshole was part of an all christian team called Genesis. Damn fucker, should have shot him in the face.

But yeah, otherwise, paint ball is pretty damn fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-12-16 19:27 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Dec 17, 2007, 12:09 AM
Since when the hell did the DS get region encrypting?

Sord
Dec 17, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-12-16 21:09, PhotonDrop wrote:
Since when the hell did the DS get region encrypting?

not sure about the original, but as far as lite is concerned, you've always been able to play games from any region. It's one of it's biggest draws.

PhotonDrop
Dec 17, 2007, 12:28 AM
The old DS can play anything, that's how I can play Jump Ultimate Stars.

This line just threw me off:

My friend has the R4 thing for DS, awesome device, and is how we can play that game.

Sord
Dec 17, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-12-16 21:28, PhotonDrop wrote:
The old DS can play anything, that's how I can play Jump Ultimate Stars.

This line just threw me off:

My friend has the R4 thing for DS, awesome device, and is how we can play that game.

ah, the R4, eh, well...

let's just say the R4 is to the DS as the haxing is to the PSP. Can't really say much more on here than that.