PDA

View Full Version : Probably the No.1 race question?

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 08:54 PM
Ok, lets keep it simple. Newman AF and Fighgunner. NO? YES? Why?

Darkly
Dec 16, 2007, 08:56 PM
YES if you want to, NO if you want the most effective combo.

ALso fighters are really strong now, so it hinder you too much

KyEmo
Dec 16, 2007, 08:56 PM
Newmans are not good fighs.

Bad HP Isn't very well suited for melee and neither is lower ATP.

inb4castsurpremacy

--
Remembering the class bonuses, HP should only be the hinderance for Newmans.

Be whatever you want anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-16 17:57 ]</font>

Zuurr
Dec 16, 2007, 08:58 PM
CAST SUPREMACY!

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 08:59 PM
Their ATP isn't that bad, and fighters are so powerful now as Darkly said, so it won't matter too much anyway cuz you'll kill it all the same.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-12-16 17:58, Zuurr wrote:
CAST SUPREMACY!

Yes, thats what the people has been telling me probably since i started on PSU. But, yes, cast are wonderfull with power and stats and suvs and etc etc etc.
There is one little problem, STYLE. In fact i have a CAST 49 AF and FG, but im going to delete it because i cant stand the colors, how the face looks and how the parts dont suite her. Basicly, im restarting my melee character because of this, so, i want to pick a class that can use clothes. But i dont want to choose the wrong one.

i.e. Beast? Human? Newman?

KyEmo
Dec 16, 2007, 09:04 PM
Nooo D=

Casts are awesome! Just go change your colors at lumilas and buy new parts D=

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 09:06 PM
Also, i want a "piraty" look. Ok the other part of the true is that i have been playing Monkey Island recently. And i said to myself "hmm if only PSU could have pirates". Then in that moment AF came to my mind like an arrow. And i said, thats it, i need a pirate character. i.e, Sabers, Slicers, Shadoogs and Double Sabers.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 09:11 PM
If you're interested in AF and want the best race, maybe a Human or a Beast would be a good choice. Beast would fit the pirate image pretty good, and they're pretty awesome at AF I would think.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:04, KyEmo wrote:
Nooo D=

Cant, for the last 5 days i have been triying to do that, and i cant find any style i like. I look into other people casts and still nothing.

majan
Dec 16, 2007, 09:17 PM
function > flash.

do wat you want. the only benefit to newman AF / FG would be the huge TP bonus you get which applies only to shadoogs. so unless you are crazy about shadoogs, I don't reccomend it simply because newmans are weak as fuck. less HP and ATP than anyone else,along with DFP. they are not cut out for combat, but a good player can do anything with any class-race combo, so its really up to you. no matter what though, you wont get as good results from a newman, as a fighter, than you woudl with any other class. not recommended, but do watever it is you please. just dont expect to be the strongest fighter out there even if you do deck him out pretty good. a less-endowed fighter of any other race will be likely be outperforming you in terms of damage.

Zuurr
Dec 16, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:11, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

Nooo D=

Cant, for the last 5 days i have been triying to do that, and i cant find any style i like. I look into other people casts and still nothing.

I think you need to like Gundam/ most other Mech animes/games/shows like that, to truly love the Cast way.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 16, 2007, 09:22 PM
AF and fighgunner? I'd say either CAST or Beast.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:18, Zuurr wrote:

On 2007-12-16 18:11, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

Nooo D=

I think you need to like Gundam/ most other Mech animes/games/shows like that, to truly love the Cast way.

And to be honest, since PSO i have always hated robots. I have never liked them unless they are like truly looking humans. I.e humans. So i think there is not a chance for a cast to get into my heart.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 16, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:17, majan wrote:
function > flash.

Lies.

Having flashy weapons and PAs always outdoes boring, but more effective options, when it comes to enjoyability.

Ken_Silver
Dec 16, 2007, 09:37 PM
I really don't like the fact that newmans are so "restricted" the force classes. If you want a newman to fight up close, I'd recommend either wartecher or acrotecher. From what I hear acrotechers are good at fighting upclose and can cast Technics from a distance. Thus you can get the best of both worlds. (I am considering an alt that is a newman AT) As for Wartecher, I know that Wartechers get a big HP boost and newmans could benefit from that. Plus WT's can work the front lines as well as cast damaging Technics. They may not be the best options. But it'd be fun to try.

Aviendha
Dec 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
You will be a little less effective, but nothing to make a big deal out of. Read the quote in my sig for advice.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:39, Aviendha wrote:
You will be a little less effective, but nothing to make a big deal out of. Read the quote in my sig for advice.

ZORAFIM SAID THAT?! NO WAY. its the apolypse or what!? I though he was a CAST fan and those who didnt were they were trash.

Sigh, well it cant be a human. (I have 3 already o_O)

Shadow_Wing
Dec 16, 2007, 11:04 PM
Truest words ever, I'm a CAST AT, hell a lot of elitist consider this race/class combo as junk (I'm sure I've showed my metal no pun intended << as a AT)

I like Mecha animes, thus I'm a cast and I love support, thus I'm AT. All in all play w/e, be w/e, it'll all work out in the end.

Addark
Dec 16, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-12-16 18:39, Aviendha wrote:

The sad thing is, I really did matche an outfit to my first good S-rank weapon.

Ice Sweet Death + Blue/White Formalwear = <3

gryphonvii
Dec 16, 2007, 11:17 PM
I went with human as my fav and my human is lv 108 while all my others are around 50, I've shown my metal, I've been AF Figh, FF, WT, and i can honestly say that I can do a shit-load of damage, maybe not as much as a beast or a cast but the difference is negligible, with, say, the final hit of gravity dance I can hit maybe 2200 while my cast friend hits 2400, its still alot of damage. One of my friends went newman and with his evasion he was just countering like crazy. So really its up to you. If casts stopped being fun then go for it. You pay to play the game the way you want to, if other people want you to heal, tell them to make their own techer character and stop complaining, or to simply buy some trimates, problem solved.

-Tidus_415-
Dec 16, 2007, 11:20 PM
Newman Fighgunners are fine. You'll ALMOST do as much damage as a Human Fighgunner. The ATP difference is about 80 I think (before AotI) I forgot...I quit Fighgunner about 2 months ago. But I know its close.

Newman Acrofighter? Hmm Ill let you know in about a week when I get bored and want to level AF up.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2007, 11:23 PM
So far, beast are starting to sound good for what i want, but i dont know why im into newmans so much this weekend

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 11:24 PM
Wartecher is really awesome for a Newman, although Chaos did say he wanted a AF/FI. I think a Beast may make a better pirate than a Newman, and a FI looks a bit more pirate-ish than a AF, AF looks more like a ninja.

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-12-16 18:47, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
ZORAFIM SAID THAT?! NO WAY. its the apolypse or what!? I though he was a CAST fan and those who didnt were they were trash.

I am a fan of Casts, simply because they (at least, caseals) have a much greater range of customability than the other races. While I can't stand the look most fleshies have, I have nothing against those who choose them.

By the way, my words in that sig still hold true to this topic. It 'don't matter what you choose, every race has something to bring to the AF table.

And as a third thought which I can't transition in to without awkwardness, teching is terrible now for everyone but fortetechers. If you're going to choose acro or wartecher just because you can tech, your melee (even as a newman acrotecher) will far outperform your techs anyway.

gryphonvii
Dec 17, 2007, 12:17 AM
also if you eventually decide to go fotetecher, choose a newman because it is so much easier to get halarods which are newman only, all other s-rank rods are extremely expensive to produce, with the exception of a kazarod which is just extremely difficult to find ( I see more psycho wands out there for gods sake than I do Kazarods.)

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 17, 2007, 01:06 AM
Great thing about this game is that any class works for any race. Your character won't always be the best but never be useless.

Para
Dec 17, 2007, 01:09 AM
Newman Acrofighters are fine. I have one and I do well as one. Your shadoogs are teh awesome and you want to exploit that. Slicers are also your friend because they allow you to fight at range with your shadoog without having to take hits and if you do, your EVP backs you up a lot.

A newman fighgunner.. I haven't tried since AOI but if you think you can pull it off, try using crowd control PAs and guns like crossbow because you have the ATA to pool for it.

SolRiver
Dec 17, 2007, 01:16 AM
On 2007-12-16 18:17, majan wrote:
function > flash.

Lies. When the environment become so pleasant and easy, appreciation of art was born.

Only barbarian who are still struggling to survive say function > flash. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Dec 17, 2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah!

February
Dec 17, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-12-16 17:56, KyEmo wrote:
Newmans are not good fighs.

Bad HP Isn't very well suited for melee and neither is lower ATP.

inb4castsurpremacy

--
Remembering the class bonuses, HP should only be the hinderance for Newmans.

Be whatever you want anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-16 17:57 ]</font>

I've been playing a newman figh for a year, and never ran in to any problems.

Mio
Dec 17, 2007, 02:04 AM
CAST can be a lot more stylish than humans!

CAST SUPREMACY! lol

ChaosAngel92
Dec 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-12-16 21:14, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-12-16 18:47, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

I am a fan of Casts, simply because they (at least, caseals) have a much greater range of customability than the other races. While I can't stand the look most fleshies have, I have nothing against those who choose them.

By the way, my words in that sig still hold true to this topic. It 'don't matter what you choose, every race has something to bring to the AF table.

And as a third thought which I can't transition in to without awkwardness, teching is terrible now for everyone but fortetechers. If you're going to choose acro or wartecher just because you can tech, your melee (even as a newman acrotecher) will far outperform your techs anyway.

Well, i feel better for what everyone have said here. Including you Zorafim. Dont ask me why but i bealived you a cast monster. Im totally opossite to you though. I cant stand how casts looks. I dont know, the face see a bit, plastic maybe? Dont know.

Anyway, thanks for all your replies to everyone.And Shiroryuu, your totally right. Acrofighter is more like a ninja thing (oh god how i hate ninjas). True is Fighgunner looks more Swashbuckling job. Although, in this case im going to try to think as a AF as a pirate, cause the speedup on those guys are totally awesome.
Also, if Tylor had an online job, with would be?
Well thanks to all of ya, i think beast made it. Sigh now i need to find some pirate clothes.

Oh, this makes me remeber.

"I wanna be a pirate"- Guybrush Threepwood.

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 02:23 AM
Fighgunner is definitely more of a swashbuckler than acrofighter. The use of traps, the high proficiency for small guns, and S rank use of unique weapons. Someone using a Tenora A rank pistol and a GRM A rank saber just can definitely pull of the pirate look.
Now all they need is tonfa-cutlasses, and we'll be set.

http://bluerogue0.tripod.com/images/Vyse1.jpg

By the way, believe it or not, I never really liked casts too much before this game. Yes, PSIV's android characters were neat, but so were the other characters. I just got in to casts because they had what I wanted, while the other races looked like breakdancers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-16 23:39 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Dec 17, 2007, 02:35 AM
On 2007-12-16 23:23, Zorafim wrote:
Fighgunner is definitely more of a swashbuckler than acrofighter. The use of traps, the high proficiency for small guns, and S rank use of unique weapons. Someone using a Tenora A rank pistol and a GRM A rank saber just can definitely pull of the pirate look.
Now all they need is tonfa-cutlasses, and we'll be set.

http://bluerogue0.tripod.com/images/Vyse1.jpg

Agreed totally. By pirate we can also refer as Stalker/Rogue/Pirate?
Yes i was just thinking on the Bucanners saber and on tenoras handguns (sweety little things). Crosbows can also do the trick.
If only i had clothes like THIS!http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/kof11/0518/img/ch29a.jpg