PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: I'm behind on this, but what've we missed out o

F-Gattaca
Dec 17, 2007, 03:36 AM
I've got the PC version of AotI. Since I want to have a look at the RAcast parts prior to the termination of our 1-UP Cup bonuses, I've begun running through AotI's Offline Mode to the point where we recieve them in shops.

Threads have probably been made about this before (and there's a 50% chance someone will point out a thread that's right under my nose even though I looked around for a possible answer to this), but I've noticed two major things offhand that appear to be missing from our version of AotI:

1) The voice acting for dialogue. About the only time I've heard Laia's voice is in battle and at mission evaluations.

2) The FMV sequences. It might just be my computer (and I don't know why it would be) but I do not see any sort of FMV at all; people asked me if I've seen the 'attract mode' FMV that plays if one lets the game idle at the title screen, and it doesn't play for me. I don't know yet if I've missed any other FMV sequences.

Note I'm not talking about cutscenes that use the in-game engine (like boss intros and outros, or PPT shuttle sequences), but actual prerendered videos.

Anyway, is it true we're missing all this? If not, and it's a problem with my computer, how do I go about fixing it? What other stuff might we be missing out on?

darkante
Dec 17, 2007, 03:39 AM
Hey, i have the same problem!
I canīt see any FMV sequence either. :S

Thought it was only me who got that problem.

Reipard
Dec 17, 2007, 09:47 AM
I believe the problem is that it can't find the movie to play it. Did you install AOI in the folder it asked for or specified a different place? Did you move it after installation?

DAMASCUS
Dec 17, 2007, 09:57 AM
Strangely there are voices online for PS2 with your online character but PC either don't have those voices or there is a way to make them active. As far as offline voice our US budget got cut short on that one.

Ken_Silver
Dec 17, 2007, 10:28 AM
I have the same problems as you too Gattaca. I'm not sure if there is a way to turn on these features or what. But if there is, someone please post the answer here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-Gattaca
Dec 17, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-12-17 06:47, Reipard wrote:
I believe the problem is that it can't find the movie to play it. Did you install AOI in the folder it asked for or specified a different place? Did you move it after installation?

Yeah, I did move it after installation, but I didn't think much of it. I was trying to install it in the same root SEGA folder alongside PSU itself and the installer complained that it would overwrite files if I did that ... but seeing that it instead created a second SEGA root folder inside the first, I moved it out of there.

If it's a "resources not found at expected path" problem, is there a way to fix that without resorting to a reinstall?