PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter question.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
Why is it that I never see people running one? I decided to switch from Fighgunner to Acrofighter this morning seeing as how, after looking at the weapon choices, it's how I was basically playing. I see that it's like a light fighting class. Speed attacks to wer down an enemies health fast instead of big, slow, strong hits to do bigger damage.

Kind of how I ran Blue as one of the more sucessful and party picked assassins in Guild Wars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I love slicers, been using a single claw with a shadoog on both and twin sabers all along as a Fighgunner, so it only made sense that I switched. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So, why is it that people seem to shy away from them? Is there something I'm missing?

sildragon
Dec 17, 2007, 12:16 PM
I would agree... I switched when AOI came out. I figured its better to hit them faster.

Telina
Dec 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
all that i can think of is the 'RAWR BIG NUMBARRS' syndrome, but what do i know. i guess there's not really much a acrofighter can do that a fortefighter can't? i believe the main perk as a Af is the speed boost too. guess most people prefer power to speed nowadays

Broodstar1337
Dec 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
What good is an AF's speed boost when a FF can take an AF's strongest weapon and hit harder with it? That's how I see things...

Ezodagrom
Dec 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
I was newman fortefighter before aoi, switched to acrofighter when I got aoi, been acrofighter since then :3

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-12-17 09:18, Telina wrote:
all that i can think of is the 'RAWR BIG NUMBARRS' syndrome

Give AcroFighter a level 40 slicer and the right element, and you still end up with the RAWR BIG NUMBARRRRS syndrome when all 6 mobs in front of you are taking 2.5-3k dmg back to back.

Xefi
Dec 17, 2007, 12:37 PM
i like using the heavy weapons, so it is hard for me to switch to Af.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
My Male Human was a FI during v1 and I switched back to AF as soon as I got AoI, and he's not touching FI ever again, although if I want, I might be inclined to switch him back to FF, but he is first and foremost an Acrofighter. Pretty interesting because I switched to Acrofighter and I thought the same thing as you, I saw the weapon selection and that's pretty much what I was using the majority of the time, and at the same job level, AF beats FI in every stat except for ATP which is a very small and laughable difference.

Addark
Dec 17, 2007, 12:53 PM
I alternate between Fighgunner and Acrofighter simply because I love Double Sabers too much to not stick with AF. >.>

physic
Dec 17, 2007, 12:55 PM
AF playstyle is totally different than FF, it may be somewhat like a figh though. Af weapon selection is very limited, and is generally only good for 1 or two mobs at a time, aside from slicer. so you basically end up using a lot of slicer. When i play on my AF, the speed is fun but it feels limiting only to have a few skills/weapons at your disposal. barely any 3rd combos, ehhhhh.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 12:55 PM
I haven't played Acrofighter because my Alt is not yet ready to play an Acrofighter. Also, because I'm trying to finish a few things with my main before I do more advanced classes with my Alt.

_Vyser_
Dec 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
Just get the frag PA's for all your single-handed melee weapons and you'll be ok in every situation.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Vyser's right. Acrofighter has some PAs for all sorts of situations. Even when S2 comes out w/ lv 150-200 monsters, Acrofighter will still be a very versatile class that can handle most situations by itself. Chikki's great for large mobs, Spinning Strike for single targets, Gravity Strike, Buten Shuren-zan, and Hikai Shuha-zan for mobs that aren't in some insane amount or for big dudes with multiple targets, cards for flying stuff, burn traps for big dudes and infect for the big dudes immune to burn. etc. Despite its limited selection of weapons, Acrofighter is totally awesome. I'm pretty glad they don't get more weapons, because if they did, they'd be broken.

Laranas
Dec 17, 2007, 02:18 PM
My Caseal Alt just turned Acrofighter. It seemed right up my alley.

Pengfishh
Dec 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
Perfect for me. Cards with Daggers? Amazing.

chibiLegolas
Dec 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
I like switching from FiG to AF as well since I play them both similiarly enough. The only thing holding me back from leveling AF further is the slow progression glitch from AF 10-11 and the grief I get when trying to level him up with a slicer. :/

Sylpheed
Dec 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
lvl 110 beast AF 15 and proud! AF is such an awesome job. IMO it beats FF and FiG hands down, <3 speed increase.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well, than, all I can say is ACROFIGHTERS UNITE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thanks for the replies and encouragement.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hell yeah! You know what? I'm gonna start an Acrofigher supremacist group, who's in?

RACast_Raiden
Dec 17, 2007, 10:50 PM
do they require vertical scars?

Syl
Dec 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-12-17 09:18, Telina wrote:
guess most people prefer power to speed nowadays

Not I, the speed is great for me. When I tested it against fF I was like "WTF IS THIS SHIT"

Having ranged options is nice too.

Besides, being able to hit things without missing so much is pretty awesome :3

Anduril
Dec 17, 2007, 10:56 PM
Acrofighter is personally my favorite Hunter class. The use of fast 1-handed weapons is really great for hitting and running (I still have fairly low HP being a Newman), the use of shadoogs, or RSCMs, or R-MAGs (Being a Newman my Galidike does nice damage, espcecially with that Te / TECH Charge I picked up), and the ability to use a fairly decent ranged weapon in the form of Twin Handguns, as well as a nice variety of Two handed weapons just make the class enjoyable for a non-hardcore fighter.

Stezan
Dec 18, 2007, 01:20 AM
I would have made an Acrofighter were it not for their lack of Mechguns. I decided to make a Fighgunner instead, and Im glad because I dont really use my Slicer and R-mag, I prefer Single dagger and Tenora Mechgun.

Aviendha
Dec 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-12-17 09:55, physic wrote:
AF playstyle is totally different than FF, it may be somewhat like a figh though. Af weapon selection is very limited, and is generally only good for 1 or two mobs at a time, aside from slicer. so you basically end up using a lot of slicer. When i play on my AF, the speed is fun but it feels limiting only to have a few skills/weapons at your disposal. barely any 3rd combos, ehhhhh.

I am getting incredibly sick of this shit. AF does not have a small weapon selection. Lets compare the AF melee selection to FI, shall we? FI has a couple more weapons, but not much. Swords, which aren't a good weapon and most FIs don't use anyway. Xbow, which is pretty useless on FI since their melee does more damage. If I want SE, I'll use a G trap. Mechgun, which Cards replace nicely. Double Saber...........and Spear, which is the only real advantage.

As far as S-rank selection goes, S-rank Twin Daggers are pretty meh, given the abysmal ATP growth per Rank. I suppose the extra ATA could be nice for Beasts wearing SPS or something...but AF still does more damage with A-rank due to the speed difference. Twin Sabers are nearly as mediocre in ATP growth, so AF still wins due to speed difference, but AF really wins once we get the A-rank Twin Durandal which is better than 11* Grand Cross. Same rank in Knux/Twin Claw/Saber/Dagger so AF wins due to speed advantage...seeing a pattern here? AF is better than FI for everything but Spear due to speed advantage.

On 2007-12-17 19:16, Shiroryuu wrote:
Hell yeah! You know what? I'm gonna start an Acrofigher supremacist group, who's in?

Where do I sign? Until Acromaster, of course...

Sekani
Dec 18, 2007, 09:39 AM
The speed boost is awesome on daggers and slicers, but other than that the class seems kind of... I don't know, limiting. Like it's missing something.

Seira7
Dec 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-12-17 10:54, _Vyser_ wrote:
Just get the frag PA's for all your single-handed melee weapons and you'll be ok in every situation.

thats kinda how my AF rolls - I bought Spinning and Hikai before even making her. The speed boost is really fun coupled with a lot of the PAs...I use my shadoog, dagger, saber, claw, twin daggers and cards.
I guess this might be gimped but I havent bothered with a slicer yet. Im afraid I'll start using it more than 50% of the time and the class will get boring for me...

Ryoki
Dec 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-12-17 11:23, Pengfishh wrote:
Perfect for me. Cards with Daggers? Amazing.

Dagger+crossbow forever. >:O
AF killed my Figh brethren with their better stats. Seriously! Why does an acrobatic class have higher DEF than Fighs? Ridiculous! They should just have high EVP, and low DEF! They even have higher ATP! And better PP regen! and faster attack speed!

I refuse to play such a broken class.

I picked Fighgunner early on, despite its popularity, because I liked their weapon choices. And they weren't rigged, either.

Now everyone is a Acrofighter freak. I planned on using Acrofighter on the side, but now I don't even want to, seeing how EVERYONE is one, and EVERYONE uses slicers. Boo, I say.

I know this is a rant, but please, try to understand how I feel. I would have NO problem AT all with Acrofighter if they:

Lowered their DEF and possible ATP (or maybe HP)

I don't find it very fair that this class not only has the attack speed and regen, but better stats too.

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 12:34 PM
Speed of kills? I kill faster than same-level Acrofighters, so I don't know where you got the idea they kill fast comes from. Maybe faster than a Fortetecher, but who can't kill faster then them?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pengfishh
Dec 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
Apparently Fighgunners get the edge at 15 versus Acrofighter 15. Who's to say. I don't find Acrofighter's palette limiting because, frankly, I only ever used what they were offering. Daggers and Sabers are my bread and butter and I've always had a secret love affair with Cards that I couldn't properly express as a Fighgunner and now, golly, I feel complete.

Complete! Stats be damned.

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
I've dabbled in Fighunner and Acrofighter, and i've got to say the only negative thing I can say about the two of them is they don't get Axes. I like heavy 2h weapons, and neither of them give me the ones I want. Once I cap fF, i'm gonna play with Protranser. Because it uses Axes.

Addark
Dec 18, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:38, Pengfishh wrote:
Apparently Fighgunners get the edge at 15 versus Acrofighter 15. Who's to say. I don't find Acrofighter's palette limiting because, frankly, I only ever used what they were offering. Daggers and Sabers are my bread and butter and I've always had a secret love affair with Cards that I couldn't properly express as a Fighgunner and now, golly, I feel complete.

Complete! Stats be damned.

Nope. I have both Fighgunner and Acrofighter maxed out and FiG beats AF in ATP ONLY, and by less than 50. Acrofighter has better stats in everything else.

Pengfishh
Dec 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe it was ATP that I was thinking of. Figunners get Doublesabers, though! Oooh, aaah. :c

beatrixkiddo
Dec 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
The only Acrofighter with more ATP than Fighgunner is a human one, due to the boosts.

Pengfishh
Dec 20, 2007, 12:53 PM
Fischerspooner? There's a name I haven't heard in a decade or so.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 20, 2007, 01:20 PM
Actually, not even Human Acrofighter has more ATP than Human Fighgunner. But yeah, Addark is right, who cares about 50 ATP when you have like 1200 ATP? Now add a weapon, and maybe a Solid / Power S, and the difference will be even smaller.

sirrokr
Dec 20, 2007, 01:24 PM
I switched to AF just to try it, and I found I really like the Slicer+Shadoog combo for solo leveling. My only complaint with the class is they only have an A in my fav weapon, double daggers. I've always been about hitting faster, not harder.

Xaeris
Dec 20, 2007, 01:47 PM
I switched over to AF from WT. It's basically the way I was playing WT without the support techs (Megistaride + mates stand in fine) and the attack techs (which are worthless for the time being) with better stats in...pretty much everything. I love it. It's great.

The only thing I have against it is the lack of S rank twin sabers...

oooWaveooo
Dec 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-12-20 10:24, sirrokr wrote:
I switched to AF just to try it, and I found I really like the Slicer+Shadoog combo for solo leveling. My only complaint with the class is they only have an A in my fav weapon, double daggers. I've always been about hitting faster, not harder.

Ya know, that's irked me for a long time. whyv do only 2 classes have S rank double daggers, yet we have like 4 different S rank twin daggers out? Lame sega, Lame.

HaydenX
Dec 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
My char is an AF and I enjoy every minute of "slicing" through large groups of mobs with Chikki. Big numbers that aren't just HUGE, but happening OFTEN, are amazing. I also like twin daggers and twin claws. I don't like double sabers very much, so when I was playing as FiG, I was using mainly twin daggers, single daggers, and dualies. Now I can use all of those + slicers, shadoogs, and CARDS!!! BTW, Insei-shiki does a very good job against the Alterazgoug (in the head).