PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: why is everybody pro?

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
ok... it cant be just me. Does anyone feel like this game is becomeing way to easy? I see n00bz at lvl 40 who dont even kno what a grinder is, I see S rank weapon [b]s selling for 40k... WTF?!?!?!? there have always been missions for exp(like sea bed)but missions like White Beast r like trashing the place, one guy told me that he reached lvl 70 in 2 weeks cuz thats the only mission he ran... Also s rank weapons are becoming worth less than B ranks, i mean the 1up cup was bad enoff but S rank in general are becoming less and other S ranks like the Kan Yu are becoming very very expensive... (not that they werent but still how u gonna pay for it if all ur S ranks r now worthless?) does any1 else feel the same way? or am i missing something?

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've never really seen cheap S rank weapons. But that might mean that I missed those opportune times, to see them. People usually charge to worth, or they overcharge them. They don't normally under-charge for a weapon or armor.

General rule: If something is relatively cheap to get, then it is likely not to give you a great advantage in battle. Either that, or it's generally not understood to do it.

Even pre-expansion, people sold even the biggest and most difficult to make Laser Cannons for low amounts. The community didn't see the worth of it and even after MayaLee Prism came out, there were a lack of Guntecher numbers looking for a crowd control weapon. Rank alone isn't what the community generally prices on. On the other hand, how many successful grinds and grinds left have a definite price effect when comparing what is otherwise the same weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 10:20 ]</font>

relentless
Dec 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
lol Actually I think it's fine the way it is right now.
If your opinion doesn't change, well, the AMF base with Mother Brain when it gets released maybe will be a bit of "challenge". And it's not like it'll stay mega easy.(or I lost track of everything and it actually becomes easier and easier with more updates lol.. my bad then) Who knows what happens and how things are when we get more updates.
But you say 40k for S rank boards? I couldn't complain about that if it were on PC/PS2.. lol
And I haven't noticed a thing about Kan Yu. o_o

Soulvayne
Dec 17, 2007, 01:27 PM
I've seen Halarod boards going for 20k in player shops last night on the 360 servers though 360 is flooded with halarod boards thanks to the cup. Also most of the boards from the new missions are going for pretty cheap (Junk kubara copies, Vish Adans and the like) due to the amount of people doing those runs, once other missions come out and people stop running the some of the older AotI missions you might see prices go back up again as the supply of boards will lessen. I'd just say enjoy it while you can.

Legendria
Dec 17, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:10, elshaw27 wrote:elshaw27
(the original inuyasha)

lmfaofail

That is all.

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
(granted i see ur point) but never seen cheap S rank weps? crimson 150k, okanoc [b] 40k, halarod 100k, may i list mor? its not like they're bad weps either ya kno? something i may have over looked tho is the fact that u can no longer break weps... peepl r findin these things but if there is only income and no outcome then stuff just piles up.... that doesnt change the fact about quick lvlin tho... remember Bruce runz? ya i do, remember that and u cant tell me its to easy....

Kion
Dec 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
i like it that it's possible to sign on have fun, be able to run missions with your friends and expect to be able to get something. i agree that items drop way too easily now, maybe they'll rare it down or start releasing 13*+ S ranks that will be like the old 10* drops. but the current status is a much more welcome change than running the same mission hundreds of times and not getting anything.

now the only problem is with so many boards floating around, gathering materials is becoming a problem.

and idiots selling NPC items for rediculous prices is nothing new.

ketson
Dec 17, 2007, 01:30 PM
You know that SEGA purposely made it easier to lvl to 100 right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
hmmm... that is a good point i guess... hopefully with mor updates things will even out again

(and yes legindaria i kno it is a joke)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshaw27 on 2007-12-17 10:36 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 17, 2007, 01:34 PM
Honestly...this game is so easy now, I'm considering a hiatus until we get S3s or something. Of course, by then the level cap will have gone up enough that it will still be easy. I used to be happy when I found a solid group of talented players. I LEFT one yesterday because everything is so easy its boring. Being the Xmas season and all, there are plenty of other (and better) games to play. On to better things I guess...

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
I'm nowhere near that status. I still have levels left to go, and I can still find challenge for my Guntecher. All depending on who I have as backup. There's always something to challenge me. Maybe that'll be a bit different when I'm 110/15, but I'm barely crossing 90 with a 13 in the job. Unless I pick out my situation well, I and/or the party gets hurt more than they need to. To me, no challenge is being able to coast through the game with just the attack button and little ever use of items.

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:30, ketson wrote:
You know that SEGA purposely made it easier to lvl to 100 right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ya, yah think? purposely or not... if they're not raising the lvl cap quick enoff than it's too easy.

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
Well, technically, more of you bitch when its harder than when it's easy. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for sega.

People bitch about how hard it is to get rares... then they make it easier. Then they start bitching about how easy it is.

I swear, some of you need to be pimp smacked.

Mr_Confused
Dec 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
I think that Sega is trying to make PSU more like PSO for rare weapons. For instance in PSO there were "rare weapons" characterized by a red box. However some of these were incredibly rare, like sanga and yasha. And some of them were incredibly common, Dragon Slayer, Gae Bolg, Flowens Sword remakes. So compare that to PSU now, Extremely rare weapons, Amure Tippy, Psycho wand, Agito Repca, 11* boss box drops. and now extremely common weapons, Halarod, Crimson, Two headed ragnus. So think of S rank weps as just a rare weapon, where some are more common than others,

Raine_Loire
Dec 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
I think the thing is the game is still a challenge to people who don't make playing psu a career.

If you're not finding ANYTHING a challenge, it's time to step away from the game for a while... Online games aren't intended as a replacement for real life!

If you want a game that you have to sink every waking hour into to make any money or find any rares or reach the level cap, I suggest you pick up a copy of FFXI. But don't trash the one thing that makes PSU my online game of choice ^_^

amtalx
Dec 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:51, Lonzell wrote:
Well, technically, more of you bitch when its harder than when it's easy. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for sega.

People bitch about how hard it is to get rares... then they make it easier. Then they start bitching about how easy it is.

I swear, some of you need to be pimp smacked.

What ST needs to do is just unlock everything. I know that will never happen, but it will solve the difficulty problem, and allow people to go back to rare hunting instead of having 20 copies of most of the released S-ranks (non-gunner weapons).

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-12-17 10:59, Raine_Loire wrote:
I think the thing is the game is still a challenge to people who don't make playing psu a career.

ya but they do... and i've been playin for like ever and peepl who have come on in like the last week are mor than half my lvl!!

Darsh
Dec 17, 2007, 02:09 PM
Lonzell and Raine summed it all up, end of discussion.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 02:12 PM
Thing is. In PSO, it was possible to play through the entire game easily with hardly any rares what-so-ever. The true rares of that game were not only neat, but they were so completely not necessary.

In PSU, the original setup for rares was kind of messed up. Not only were people going a full year without finding hardly any, even this site goes on rating classes and giving out advice based on one of those 1/1,000,000 drops. (I'm looking at, in particular, certain armor attachments, etc.) This never happened back in PSO. You never felt like any significant stuff was missing, but you'd like to get said rare just because...

Now we have two levels of rares. Rares who drop and are a little more common, and then the rares that are still very difficult to get. I think Sega is basically trying to make the ones perceived as more necessary for people to have access to, less rare.

Still doesn't change it for the stuff that's neat, but they don't think classes depend on it. Stuff like De Ragan Tail. An item I've never got, in a run, in the history of this game. But did I NEED it? Not really. It's among the least needed things ever, because it doesn't aid you in battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 11:14 ]</font>

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 02:36 PM
ok ya i get it... but going bak to my origional point, ya i dont have the time either to play for hours on end looking for those "non-nessecities" but ya it is frusturating wen i want a Kan Yu and then i go to sell my stuff to get it and find out all of it is worth jack s**t.

oh ya and... dont even bring up that "i hav a life" crap plezz... im 16, i hav part time job and i go to school... if i have time to play this game im sur the rest of do 2...seriously

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshaw27 on 2007-12-17 11:46 ]</font>

ZeroVer01
Dec 17, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-12-17 11:36, elshaw27 wrote:
ok ya i get it... but going bak to my origional point, ya i dont have the time either to play for hours on end looking for those "non-nessecities" but ya it is frusturating wen i want a Kan Yu and then i go to sell my stuff to get it and find out all of it is worth jack s**t.

So that is why you are mad, the sranks you have are worth much, lol.

Question is, if it weren't for the increased srank drops, would you even have the weapons that you are trying to sell?

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
yes zero the truth comes out...

true enoff i wont hav as many as i do but the ones i have found would be worth double what i got

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
I have a question, elshaw. You say you're 16. Yet most 14 and 13 year olds i know can spell much better than you. WATZUP WIT DAT?

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
u dissin on mi spellin? i text alot its a bad habbit i kno... see i just did it

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-12-17 11:57, elshaw27 wrote:
u dissin on mi spellin? i text alot its a bad habbit i kno... see i just did it

Ah i see. Sorry for bothering you. Carry on with the thread.

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 03:03 PM
Actually, if you're 16 with just school and a part time job, you have a lot to learn about having less time to play. If only you could even imagine half the stuff I'm involved with and/or have to take care of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 12:03 ]</font>

elshaw27
Dec 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
ok ok srry i said anything... can we stop critizin me and get bak 2 psu?

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
He types the way most people text on 2way phones that get the most pussy. Plus the kids in school who only use AIM, and..... get the most pussy. Get off his nuts, grammar nerd.

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/59/Grammar_Nazi.gif

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-12-17 11:52, Chuck_Norris wrote:
I have a question, elshaw. You say you're 16. Yet most 14 and 13 year olds i know can spell much better than you. WATZUP WIT DAT?

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/45/Sex_and_Grammar_Nazis.png

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-12-17 12:14, Lonzell wrote:
He types the way most people text on 2way phones that get the most pussy. Plus the kids in school who only use AIM, and..... get the most pussy. Get off his nuts, grammar nerd.

'Kay. >_>

Nice double post by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2007-12-17 12:20 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
The FKL train leaves in 5 minutes.

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-12-17 12:32, amtalx wrote:
The FKL train leaves in 5 minutes.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/93/Ohsnap.jpg

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-12-17 12:20, Lonzell wrote:

That tacher's badass.

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-12-17 12:37, Chuck_Norris wrote:

That tacher's badass.

lol you would say that

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 03:38 PM

That is now my desktop. Thank you very much. :laugh:

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-12-17 12:38, Lonzell wrote:

On 2007-12-17 12:37, Chuck_Norris wrote:

That tacher's badass.

lol you would say that

He freaking slaped the hot chick who was hitting on him. You don't think that's badass?

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Point taken

Lonzell
Dec 17, 2007, 03:47 PM
Btw

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d3/Threadroads.jpg

Chuck_Norris
Dec 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well i guess i can say this now. Inb4FKL'd.

superdood22
Dec 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
you only use 2 buttons for the classes that in a sence require a small amount of skill to use sooo... yeah. :/

Ken_Silver
Dec 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
*Taking the wheel and getting back on the right route*

I don't think that the game has gotten too hard. I don't have a lot of time to play PSU and when I was on, I had a hard time leveling up. I was around the 30's level range for about 6 months. Then the 1Up cup came and helped me boost to the 50's. Then I was able to steadly level up to the 60 mark. So, I can't see the argument for the game being too easy. Even at my level, I STILL don't have ANY S ranked rares (not including the Song of Death) and my PM is at level 7. But looking beyond my scope of the game, the hardest missions have yet to come out. Remember that increased AI and the level cap of 200 eventually? Once you get around then, there will be more of a challenge. Also, I'd have to bet on more missions that require teamwork and exrta stuff like Bruce's mission and stuff like that. So if things aren't challenging yet, I'd say give it time (and let people like me catch up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )