PDA

View Full Version : Can Pre-AoI users use AoI units?

unicorn
Dec 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
Because a player with a white name (Vanilla PSU) had Cati / Force S equipped. I thought this was odd, so I looked in the database and its under AoI. Maybe its available for vanilla PSUers? >_> Or maybe there is an error in the database?

Whatever, I just thought it was odd and I don't know what to make of it. >_<;

Anduril
Dec 17, 2007, 04:16 PM
I think that the Cati/Force S data might be in PSU v.1. So if the data is there odds are they can use them if someone gives them one.

Krisan
Dec 17, 2007, 04:56 PM
They can't see or use AoI items that are unique to AoI.. but many units were in PSU data that were never released until after AoI came out. So yes, in these rare instances if they can somehow get their mitts on such an item, it would work out fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-17 14:10 ]</font>

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
Sorta related, but how do non-expansion people see things like the new outfits, rooms that have more decorations than the original style and Lumia Waber?

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
V1 can see the item names, however they are greyed out, with "??" icons and cannot be selected. No description shows up for them either.

Krisan
Dec 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
Lumia wears a new outfit online, so they don't see her at all. (All they see is a glowing blue silhouette.) As for AoI player outfits.. Supposedly, the game displays the outfit your character was wearing at chargen for PSU players. And yea, as Thanubis said, can't go into AoI rooms when playing PSU.. likewise, I don't think you can use the new decor items in any of the old style rooms either. (Though I haven't tried.)