PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Posing as a girl: Is it that profitable?

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 06:52 PM
So, after seeing it mentioned in a few threads, I was intrigued. Does posing as a girl in PSU yield hefty loot and money? Have any of you done or tried this and succeeded?

Micro
Dec 17, 2007, 06:53 PM
/facepalm

Freshellent
Dec 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
Why the fu-

Aries2384
Dec 17, 2007, 06:55 PM
No and No. Go do runs to make money. If so called G.I.R.L (Guys in real life) masquerading as a woman on PSU makes any money at all... its because they are in other guy's rooms chatting them up (ohh my brother broke my headset, sry!). Regardless, its sappy and pathetic. What a dumb topic.

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 06:56 PM
Bawww, this topic is to see if it's even worth while. :3

Dragwind
Dec 17, 2007, 06:57 PM

Captain: All hands on deck, the ship...somethings wrong.

First Mate: What could it be? Wait...look at the terminal....

EPIC FAILURE.

New_One
I'm pretty sure anybody trying to be a girl would sound VERY unconvincing.

pikachief
people assume im a girl but i dont get anything.

my friend gets stuff all the time posing as a girl.

also anyone who can think im a girl i give extra points too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (all my friends say they think i was supposed to be a girl anyways <3)

SeleneD
Yeah, being a girl is profittable. But that goes in general. Guys give things to girls to get said girl to like them and what not.

But I would assume it goes terrible wrong when they find out you're really a GUY.
xD

Aries2384
Dec 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
Im for people playing however the hell they want to play. Last time I checked PSU wasnt communist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries2384 on 2007-12-17 16:01 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:01, Aries2384 wrote:
Im for people playing however the hell they want to play. Last time I checked PSU wasnt a communist.

On 2007-12-17 15:55, Aries2384 wrote:
No and No. Go do runs to make money. If so called G.I.R.L (Guys in real life) masquerading as a woman on PSU makes any money at all... its because they are in other guy's rooms chatting them up (ohh my brother broke my headset, sry!). Regardless, its sappy and pathetic. What a dumb topic.

Last time, I saw otherwise. :3 Stop the rage, mang.

New_One
Dec 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
I think Parum's quite communist.

ShinMaruku
Dec 17, 2007, 07:03 PM
If people are that closed midned, sure, I exploit. That shit worked on PSO and for whatever reason I'm assumed to be a girl on a forum.. >_>
Odd.
Anyway, if people are fools, put em to use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aries2384
Dec 17, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:02, JubeiSaotome wrote:

Last time, I saw otherwise. :3 Stop the rage, mang.

Pfft indeed. I'm just bored of these threads and tired of getting bashed for playing a GAME the way I want to play? I do not portray myself as a girl or any such nonsense? Rage? Of course, MY game, MY playstyle, back off.

KyEmo
Dec 17, 2007, 07:08 PM
I play as a female, but it says on my PC that I'm a male.

Anyway, if someone hits on you in a game, they have alot more problems to worry about other than you being a guy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
You know, because I'm female, I tend to assume everyone else is... Pikachief being a guy is a shocker for me...

Aaanyway- I asked a guy yesterday this exact question because he has a character with a name that indicates he's female and wants stuff. According to him, it's very profitable. Personally, as a RL female, it's not profitable for me, so I'm jealous, lol.

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
loldrg's Official Manthra Guide, Version One.
I. Introduction

Everyone knows about all the crafts...Goldsmithing, Woodworking, etc...but when people think craft, they don't think Manthra. I'm writing this to not only change this injustice, but to write a step-by-step guide that shows the tricks, and secrets to this fragile artform.

This method of gilmaking is not for the weak of heart. You will most likely have to say things that you don't want to say. It, like all crafts, has it's downfalls. However, in the end, considering the low amount of gil needed to be put into this craft, it is(if done right) one of the most profitable. Each update will be a new section, as listed below:

I. Introduction.
II. What does it take to be a successful Manthra?
III. What are the downfalls to being a Manthra?
IV. Aquiring your first host. (What to look for?)
V. Methods of practice.
VI. Perfecting the craft.
VII. Conclusion.

I'm sure I'll get flamed, but this is a serious guide. I ask you to respect it. Thank you.

II. What does it take to be a successful Manthra?
As I already stated, this craft takes barely any gil(more on this later) to profit from. However, it takes more time than any other craft out there. You'll need to be practice, most likely, on at LEAST one other host before you even can dream of the big profits. I personally had one host prior to my current one, and before that I was even practicing in Diablo II, unknowing of the fact that I was already following the way of the Manthra.

So, the first thing you need is Time. And lots of it.

Secondly, you obviously need a girl character. (It is possible to do it with a guy character, however...it would be much much easier to have a girl char.) It can't just be some lvl 4 WHM/ , either. You need to make it look like it's your main. I wouldn't even attempt to level your Manthra skill until you hit 20+, with a subjob.

So second is a convincingly leveled female character to level this craft on.

Finally, and this is the most difficult to attain, is image. Image is...difficult, to say the least. Like all crafts, you get back what you put in. I personally have cultivated a whole extra life, complete with stories about my family, friends, the whole thing. You'll have to become this person, when you play, if you really want to achieve success. This isn't something I can really help with. You have to figure out how to make it work on your own. I'll tell you this, I have people defending me if anyone calls me a manthra(out of spite). My image is that impenetrable.

Some pointers on image: Guys like talking to guys, right? They feel comfortable around them. A great way to achieve success is to act like a girl, with guy-like interests. Talk about how much you like ATHF, then go on to talk about how the mall has great clothes.

Remember, image is going to be one of if not THE most difficult parts, so don't get frustrated.

So the last thing is image.

Oh, and there are a few things like "The need to surpress your real life emotions like disgust", but those fit more under the Downfalls section.
So uh...what's this next section again? Oh yeah...it's

What are the downfalls to being a Manthra?

I was thinking, as a sidenote...I forgot to mention it before. This guide can also be used by RL females(LOL GRILS DONT PLAY THIS GAME) to simply enhance their ability to profit. They too, can follow The Way of the Manthra.

So. You're all psyched up now, ready to jump into the Way of the Manthra, right?

Wrong.

So far, I've only really shown the upsides to Manthranism(That's right, I'm coining the term right now), or The Way of the Manthra.
Now for the downfalls.

I'm writing this in the order I think of it, so these will be in greatest to least, or most obvious importance.

1.) You have to act like a female. To some this may be an upside. I know it was for me.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

Anyway, you're gonna have to drop your manly attitude when you attempt to follow The Way of the Manthra. It might be hard at first, but I promise, it'll get better. Hell, I don't even notice it any more. When I log in, I BECOME another person.

2.) You'll have to act like you're in love with the host you attain. It...it's kind of...weird, to say the least, at first. You'll feel dirty, at least in the beginning. After awhile, it will become like the previous paragraph. The words "I love you too" no longer mean anything to me when I say them in game.

3.) You'll have to learn to de-sensitize yourself. That means that you'll have to kill any emotions like disgust, anger, maybe boredom if no profits are coming in for a while, impatience, etc. Eventually, your mind will automatically subdue them, and you won't even notice them. I don't mean to brag(Too late lol MIRITE?) but I am a MASTER of this, and as this is a key element of Manthranism, I am a VERY high level Manthra. I'm like...95.4 right now.
4.) This part sucks alot. It's not something you can ever "overcome", because there's nothing TO overcome. What is it, you ask? It's this: Once you decide to make the choice to step into Manthranism, you have to always be on full alert. You have to watch EVERYTHING you say. Your mannerisms, tone, the way you "lol", everything.

Unlike a normal player, you can't say what you want, or rather act how you want. A normal player can say what they want, because they have nothing to hide(involving Manthranism). A Manthra, though, must always be analyzing. Would <your person's name> say this? Is this how she would act? Etc, etc, etc....

I won't lie to you; this will most likely get very stressful. Sometimes when I log on, I just want to stop doing it, but I know that I can't. Having my Manthra character being my main character, unlike a mule to level Manthranism on, my FFXI life as a whole is built on Manthranism. It will get tiring, but you can do it.

5.) Finally, and this one ties in with the last one, is this: You can't have any outside(of FFXI) connections, who KNOW that you play FFXI, and KNOW that you're a guy, know about your Manthristic ways. This means, but is not limited to:

No RL friends playing with you(sucks alot).
No message board posts like this that someone in game might see and would blow your cover.
No Vent.
No webcams.

This one should be obvious, anyway. Oh and BTW, "What if someone sees this and links it back to your character, loldrg?" Ahahaha...well see, it won't happen. No one on here knows my character name. Even if, by some chance, someone SOMEHOW had the idea it was me, they have no proof. This won't damage me. Here I'll even do this: I'm on Fairy.
...Or am I?

I'm kind of rushing right now, but if I remember anything else, I'll add it in at the beginning of the next update.

Remember, The Way of the Manthra is a tough one. It is HARD. But don't give up. Believe. Believe in yourself. Believe in Chuck Norris. Believe in s0lus. Believe...in The Heart of the Cards.

Aquiring your first Host.(What to look for?)

So, you now know the basics, the requirements, and the downfalls. I bet you're thinking, "Haha, loldrg, I can out-Manthra you!"

Well hold on there skippy Mc. gimp - you don't even know how to get someone to be your sugardaddy. Mmmm...Sugardaddies...

...Anyway, this will be broken down into some sub-sections. Much like a crafting guide, I'll go by skill-level possibilities. These are guidelines, and as such aren't set in stone, but know this: If you go ahead of your level, you risk the larger possibility of failures.

Beginner.

Beginners should stick to, for best skillup possibilities and least chance of failures, the Hitter-onner. This is the dumbass that hits on your character and goes "me~Ow " if you play Mithra...you know the one. This is the best one to skillup on because they're easy to aquire, generally require little actual fake LOVE, and you can get by with small mistakes since they're, well, dumbasses. This was my first FFXI host. These people are practically BEGGING to be Manthra'd.

Intermediate

As an intermediate in The Way of the Manthra, you have the basics down. You've gotten a few people to give you some stuff. It's recommended that you practice on a few more Hitter-onners, though, before you move on to the Average Joe. This guy is normal. He's a decent person, can spell right, etc, etc. This will get you used to dealing with more emotions, more using more love, etc. It's recommended that you limit this to one, because whereas the Hitter-onner is a dumbass, and no one will really take him seriously, the Average Joe will be more able to turn people against you.

Now, heres where an Expert would go, right? Wrong. See, being an expert is kind of like being a hacker. YOU can't say "lol im a hacker" after a few hosts, you have to work at it and eventually you will be called an expert, or you will FEEL that you're an expert.

Heres the type of host you REALLY want: The Emo, Low Self-Esteem Rich Guy. I have one of these. He's RICH. And according to him, he can't live without me. It's PERFECT. This is what you want to get.

However, it's recommended that you have lots of experience first, because this person is generally emo from bad relationships, and doesn't want another. The trick is getting him to like you. Then ya got 'im.

All of the above can be gotten at any level, but like I stated, the chances may be higher for failure. But, they might not be. Remember that this is a GUIDE, not a FACT BOOKLET, or something. Everything will be situational. Take this knowledge, and apply it. If I can get one person to say "I made 2 million yesterday claiming its my birthday! ", I'll be happy.

I got free stuff and more attention by simply playing a female character. I didn't try to act feminine (though considering my age, I kind of was), but I get free stuff just because my model has boobies.
Men like women, it's as simple as that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-17 16:14 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
lol, manthras... the catgirl fetish come to life. Everyone thought I was a Manthra http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
If this forum had reputation, I'd give you positive reputation for that post, Zorafim. +1

Aries2384
Dec 17, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hahaha FFXI Manthras. That was just funny. Hundreds of them running around in their underwear. Woot. Ok yeah that was funny.

Retehi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:16 PM
Just make a female newman, do some kawaii desu cutesy wootsy weaboo shit around LL, and you got yourself some free meseta.

Yes, it is profitable.

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-12-17 15:57, SeleneD wrote:
Yeah, being a girl is profittable. But that goes in general. Guys give things to girls to get said girl to like them and what not.

But I would assume it goes terrible wrong when they find out you're really a GUY.
xD

Some guys like chicks w/ di*** so...ummm...yeah. *shudders*
What if you are a hermaphrodite? This is all so damn confusing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Aries2384
Dec 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
It shouldn't be confusing. You bought the game (assumably) you play it how you want.
Tranny Newman! Haha.....ah... why isn't this thread closed yet?

KyEmo
Dec 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
Zorafim, that's just creepy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
Actually, I got the most help by playing a cute male. In FFXI, I played a Mithra that actually was completely roleplayed as a rare Male Mithra. One that is somewhat disguised in order to adventure out there. I think I got more help from RL females than anything else. I avoid going for handouts but will accept them if they do it as such a nice act. Being female eye candy (The cute male) pays, big time. It was totally not my intention, but it was an interesting surprise considering that people make assumptions that it only works one way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-17 16:28 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Dec 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
When does being a girl get you free stuff? No fair! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit:

On 2007-12-17 16:16, Retehi wrote:
Just make a female newman, do some kawaii desu cutesy wootsy weaboo shit around LL, and you got yourself some free meseta.Why's it have to be a female newman? Why not a human? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I act cute just because I like to and don't really get to act that way in real life (thus, fantasy game!).

..though, if anyone offered me something for free just because I was a girl, I might end up yelling at them for it. :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2007-12-17 16:33 ]</font>

Ryudo
Dec 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
if you're going to be transexual prostitute at least get real money for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KyEmo
Dec 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'm 18/F/Cali. Give me rarez.

Kirip-san
Dec 17, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have a naturally feminine personality but that doesn't mean I'm posing as a girl.
Somehow I've lead people on to think I'm a girl in real life when I'm not...causes so much trouble -_-. There was one person...let's not mention him because I hate his guts so much and rules forbid it...>_>

Hold on a sec...

There's so many things wrong with this thread.

Topic creator, you are twisted.

And in honor of the first reply:

/facepalm

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:29, Ryudo wrote:
if you're going to be transexual prostitute at least get real money for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LMFAO OMGWTFBBQ?!!! ROFL, LOL, LTFOL, ZOMG! *Asplodes*

Seriously though, that line made me chunk my corn puffs it was so funny...I just picture a RL Newman "Female" swinging a purse near a seedy motel and asking people (in a surprisingly deep voice), "looking for a good time?"

Lyric
Dec 17, 2007, 07:49 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/brave_raiden/FACEPALM.jpg

Poor Space Ghost.

Micro
Dec 17, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:34, HaydenX wrote:

LMFAO OMGWTFBBQ?!!! ROFL, LOL, LTFOL, ZOMG! *Asplodes*

Aww, I got beat to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShinMaruku
Dec 17, 2007, 07:58 PM
Females are gold diggers.. >_>

AlphaDragoon
Dec 17, 2007, 08:03 PM
What. The. Hell.

I have female characters, but I don't go around pretending to be feminine or anything asinine like that. I pretty much just speak as I would if I were talking to the person excluding a few choice expletives that may come out a bit more often IRL.

And if any of you do this to get free stuff...go sit in the trash can, give up on life. Your usefulness to the world hit its shelf date awhile ago.

Sha Sha
Dec 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
Im female and play a Male character however EVERYONE knows im female..i n_n alot xD
i dont thinki could even role play a male chara
oh well

Darkly
Dec 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
wow.

that guy's my hero.

I wish i was that heartless lol.

Da_trader
Dec 17, 2007, 08:09 PM

theres an actual transexual that plays psu lol u all might kno her as Teles lol

Mikura
Dec 17, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-12-17 17:09, Da_trader wrote:

Hey wait...this person on PC/PS2 server with the shop ad saying "Offering cybers for 100k?" Or was it 200k...can't remember now.

Anyway, I've always wondered how many offers Teles actually gets for that...Can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to actually do it.

Also, yes, it's profitable if you're a heartless gold digger but I wouldn't do it out of sheer morals. >.> About the most I get out of playing a female character is if they don't know me, random people might treat me "nicer" than if I played as a guy. Yeah, it's kinda silly but that's how people tend to be towards different genders.

KateLoire
Dec 17, 2007, 08:34 PM
If you play as a female on any MMO you are an instant cheater for the amount of free stuff guys get to you, in hopes that you might suddenly like them and become their friends/future love. Unless in which case you dont accept these gifts, just to get them away from you. :3

Guys shower you with gifts, and you dont even need to speak, so yeah, I can imagine there are plenty of people who pose as girls and get free money and items.

I never accept these gifts however, and my xbox live friends list is sealed tight.

Da_trader
Dec 17, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-12-17 17:34, Mikura wrote:

On 2007-12-17 17:09, Da_trader wrote:

Hey wait...this person on PC/PS2 server with the shop ad saying "Offering cybers for 100k?" Or was it 200k...can't remember now.

Anyway, I've always wondered how many offers Teles actually gets for that...Can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to actually do it.

yea the same one lol

Mikura
Dec 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
I suppose as long as online games exist, there will always be a cyber whore trying to cash in on all the guys desperate enough to get some e-booty. ;/

pokefiend
Dec 17, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:10, Zorafim wrote:
Men like women, it's as simple as that.

... ...What a cheap-shot. Homophobe!!!! >:O

Grimhart
Dec 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
This topic wins. xD

I don't approve of Manthranism, as described in that guide quoted earlier (a worthwhile read, though, it stands a good chance of making you feel better as a person), though I have on a few occasions been treated by male players.

I can only remember one time that it was by a random guy, though, and that was a long time ago. xD It usually takes the form of a present from a friend I party with. I like to think that it's more because they think I'm fun to play with rather than them hitting on me -- one of these said friends apparently thought I was a guy when he gave me a cool gift. xD

Hitting on girls in an online videogame isn't the smartest idea by a longshot. I've been a victim of that personally, and it's usually very obvious that they're just trying to take you for a ride.

But yeah, if someone wants to give me something, I don't feel bad about taking it. I try my best to repay them, though, either by giving something in return or just showing my best effort when we party together. I definitely wouldn't take advantage of someone's generosity.

So my advice is to avoid looking at that as a reliable source of income. It basically makes you a con artist, and do you really want to know that you're a criminal for a living, even in a game? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-12-17 17:56, Grimhart wrote:
This topic wins. xD

I don't approve of Manthranism, as described in that guide quoted earlier (a worthwhile read, though, it stands a good chance of making you feel better as a person), though I have on a few occasions been treated by male players.

I can only remember one time that it was by a random guy, though, and that was a long time ago. xD It usually takes the form of a present from a friend I party with. I like to think that it's more because they think I'm fun to play with rather than them hitting on me -- one of these said friends apparently thought I was a guy when he gave me a cool gift. xD

Hitting on girls in an online videogame isn't the smartest idea by a longshot. I've been a victim of that personally, and it's usually very obvious that they're just trying to take you for a ride.

But yeah, if someone wants to give me something, I don't feel bad about taking it. I try my best to repay them, though, either by giving something in return or just showing my best effort when we party together. I definitely wouldn't take advantage of someone's generosity.

So my advice is to avoid looking at that as a reliable source of income. It basically makes you a con artist, and do you really want to know that you're a criminal for a living, even in a game? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

What do you mean by repay? Do you give them exactly what they want :embarassed: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 09:34 PM
See, now I'm tempted to post a blog of a manthra.

Grimhart
Dec 17, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-12-17 18:09, HaydenX wrote:

What do you mean by repay? Do you give them exactly what they want :embarassed: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Well, probably not what you're thinking. xD

For example, one guy I play with often gave me some leftover weapons he no longer wanted that actually turned out to be a much needed upgrade for me. Some time later, we're running Sakura Blast and I get a made Ga-senba. I gave it to him because he really wanted it.

Really just a "friends helping each other out" kind of thing, I suppose. ^_^

Nyreal
Dec 17, 2007, 09:59 PM
Wow... That's actually hilarious.

Ros
Dec 17, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm female in real life, but I usually play male characters (PSU is the first game I've played where most of the characters I've made have been female), at least in part because I got treated differently when playing a female character. When I played FFXI, I had guys chat up my female alts and seem generally friendly, only to lose interest in talking when I mentioned my Elvaan male main, which is pretty disappointing--that, and it was worth it to me just to avoid the inevitable "You used your gender to ingame advantage" sniping that seemed to eventually get brought up to most women playing female characters. Having the validity of what you've worked for called into question over something that arbitrary isn't fun. Although my main reason for playing one was that Elvaan males just look cool.

When guys or girls do this kind of thing, it reflects badly on female players and on gamers as a whole. No matter what gender you are, if you're hanging all over an ingame boyfriend to get stuff, almost everyone else will see through it. Not only does it look pathetic, but it reinforces this misconception:

On 2007-12-17 16:58, ShinMaruku wrote:

On the whole we're not, really, but unfortunately the ones that are tend to stick in everyone's memory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ros on 2007-12-17 20:00 ]</font>

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-12-17 19:52, Ros wrote:
I'm female in real life, but I usually play male characters (PSU is the first game I've played where most of the characters I've made have been female), at least in part because I got treated differently when playing a female character. When I played FFXI, I had guys chat up my female alts and seem generally friendly, only to lose interest in talking when I mentioned my Elvaan male main, which is pretty disappointing--that, and it was worth it to me just to avoid the inevitable "You used your gender to ingame advantage" sniping that seemed to eventually get brought up to most women playing female characters (although the main reason for playing one was that Elvaan males just look cool).

When guys or girls do this kind of thing, it reflects badly on female players and on gamers as a whole. No matter what gender you are, if you're hanging all over an ingame boyfriend to get stuff, almost everyone else will see through it. Not only does it look pathetic, but it reinforces this misconception:

On 2007-12-17 16:58, ShinMaruku wrote:

On the whole we're not, really, but unfortunately the ones that are tend to stick in everyone's memory.

Just like us guys...there's that stereotype about all men thinking about sex all of the time. It's really more like, umm, yeah...uhh...Well not all of the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

omegapirate2k
Dec 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
When I give something to a friend, I do so fully knowing that they would do the same for me.

And this strategy seems to be paying off so far.

Ros
Dec 17, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-12-17 20:00, HaydenX wrote:
Just like us guys...there's that stereotype about all men thinking about sex all of the time. It's really more like, umm, yeah...uhh...Well not all of the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yeah, and most of the guys I know wouldn't fall for the "I'll be your catgirl! Wow, I really wish I could afford to upgrade my relic..." line, either. XD The idea that there's a ton of money to be made in faking a female persona hinges on your willingness to spend that much time making eyes at people who are emotionally insecure enough to try to buy the affection of what's basically a fantasy character (the The Emo, Low Self-Esteem Rich Guy from the "guide" Zorafim quoted).

When I give something to a friend, I do so fully knowing that they would do the same for me.

And this strategy seems to be paying off so far.

I think that's a pretty good strategy to follow all around.

Anduril
Dec 17, 2007, 11:18 PM
I never accept anything from anyone, not even people I often play with. I have never used my Female Characters in an attempt to get something from someone. I have some standards (again some, I might cave into other vices like gambling, but never "favors")

Finae
Dec 17, 2007, 11:18 PM
Back when I started my online gaming career (Uh 8 years ago was it?), I posed as female but a male irl. GF found it a great laugh, but I wanted to see if I get anything. In PSO DC for example, before the hax came in, I had guys giving me things left and right and treating me extra special. They changed the way they talked to me and didn't treat me as "one of the guys." Though the "you are so beautiful" comments were both disturbing and funny since I was a guy irl lol.

But meh, I kinda stopped doin that like after my 3rd year as in one game, some guy just got real nasty in a convo and I was like, ok, thats it. I got my limits and this person surpassed it. For the sick minded out there, just think of the sickest thing you can think of this is what this guy said to me. Then I just said, I wanted to be one of the guys and just played a male character in FFXI for example when it launched to avoid the confusion.

My GF on the other hand, in online games, she gets nothing usually from people IF her toon is female (usually male) because she isn't looking to "whore" herself to online nub guys. If she wants something, she just asks me and ofcourse I have to get the supa special "virtual item" in a game even if it takes me a weeks to months. Besides, I wouldn't want her getting stuff from these online nub guys anyways when she has a irl nub right beside her who can get w/e, anytime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Have I done it in PSU? Nope and I don't plan to. Same thing applies to my GF except she has met a couple nasty sickos and they usually mail us every now and then. I label them as "stalkers," but my gf likes to play along with these guys. It's amusing when some "online guy" is trying to take your girl away with their "sweet talk" saying "ditch him and be with me" and I'm looking right there on my gf's laptop at the mail after she tells me and they don't know it haha. I won't mention their names so they are known, but just know I laugh everytime instead of being disgusted. Though it does make me think of you as a high skool kiddie who needs to get laid everytime you say sick stuff like that lol (Though some ppl are naturally that peverted even if they do get laid on a daily basis).

So no, I had my fun acting like a chick back in my idiotic high skool years and won't do it again for any game despite what I may get for the rest of my life. Just be yourself and you get what the hell you want, don't matter if you are girl or guy, its all the same to me. Besides, its too much work typing perfect sentences/english, I rather act like a retard sometimes.

But I wouldn't stop playing as female characters in games for the rest of my life. Sometimes, you need some "virtual" ass and titties to look at while you're sitting there grinding at 2 am in the morning and "the boss" is asleep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Don't know about you, but looking at my male toon all the time is soo "bleh," maybe my two gay friends would love it though.

TheTofuShop
Dec 17, 2007, 11:34 PM
Zorafim, that was easily the funniest post on here.

Hillarious.

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
This topic has served many lulz.

Morokite
Dec 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
I play a guy. But the way I dress alot of people assume my characters a girl until they look up close and realize he doesn't have bewbz.
No free stuff yet!

Legendria
Dec 17, 2007, 11:45 PM
Whenever I'm on my female Newman, I make sure I plug my mic in and break the hearts of the other 5 people in the party when I speak.

Simple as that.

However in longer-term computer MMORPG's, being a Manthra is a very, very lucrative option.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 18, 2007, 12:36 AM
On 2007-12-17 20:52, JubeiSaotome wrote:
What is their reaction when this hot girl starts talking with a masculine voice?

Drives me insane. I cry on the inside when a cute newman female sounds like Wolverine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I like to have as many female friends as possible, so it can be disappointing sometimes from a girl-girl relationship perspective.

Personally, I don't accept pretty much anything. The guys who try to give me items to try and woo me to them get nothing but remarks from me like, "I don't want it," then them thinking like they did something wrong to offend me, so they get extremely apologetic and say things like baby, honey, or girl like I'm some kind of property they feel they can speak condescendingly to. I won't name names on here, but somebody I had to recently take somebody off of my friend list and b-list just because it was going on for the longest time. There's a reason I don't talk on Xbox Live and I had made the mistake of speaking on the mic when my keyboard was having problems, which made people act toward me differently.

I get asked quite often by boys (mostly mid-teens) if I'm a girl or guy, but I just type "-.-" and they keep badgering me to tell them, but I don't even type an answer and they give up eventually. You can't be a regular girl to most of PSU's male community: you're either a guy playing a girl character or a bitch if you're a girl because you won't chat it up with the uneducated, inexperienced youth.

Of course, I have plenty of male friends I love to half-to-death. There's a big difference between people who respect you versus the people who want to get in your e-pants and possibly move in with them in their mommy and daddy's basement while they go to the whole big 10th grade. I still usually prefer playing with my female friends, though. Belle and Alicia are two of my favorite peoples to pway wiv. :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-12-17 21:56 ]</font>

Wallin
Dec 18, 2007, 12:48 AM
I still remember the time at the end of my PSO days when someone flat out insisted and could not be convinced otherwise that I was a female player on my FOnewearl because I used punctuation and capital letters in sentences and because I copied the popular neko symbol chats. What's so wrong with loving cats I ask you?!?

Kirby is pissed off now. Rawr (>'_')> ----====[}

Seira7
Dec 18, 2007, 12:48 AM
Meh, a free Rappy Feather from some d00d means everytime you log on, they are in My Room performing *kiss* emotes. Its just not worth it, lol. Esp if you are really a guy ><;;

Tita
Dec 18, 2007, 01:12 AM
guRlz taLk in PIctuRes LULz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

i came in hear because i heard someone posted the manthra guide. i had to see that shit to believe it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

people are weird.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 18, 2007, 01:36 AM
Okay, I just read that Manthra guide. That was not only hilarious, but kind of weird that somebody is willing to become somebody else for fake money.

unicorn
Dec 18, 2007, 01:37 AM
I refrain from doing so nowadays, because its not something I would like to be done to me. However, when I'm playing my female alts, alot of male players actually think I'm a female. I don't deny it or anything, because then it becomes a lot more embarrassing. However, I don't lead them on. You normally can tell who is a girl and who isn't nowadays.

In PSO, I would get my HUnewearl to open her legs to whomever would give me weapons. I would pretend I was a girl, and guys would give me the prettiest haxed weapons available. Theres a lot of stupid people in this game if you haven't already noticed.

Goodluck, and happy scamming.

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:03 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:48, Wallin wrote:
I still remember the time at the end of my PSO days when someone flat out insisted and could not be convinced otherwise that I was a female player on my FOnewearl because I used punctuation and capital letters in sentences and because I copied the popular neko symbol chats. What's so wrong with loving cats I ask you?!?

Kirby is pissed off now. Rawr (>'_')> ----====[}

LOL, I had a stalker in PSO, it was pre mic, so I made a big fat guy char with an afro, and I told him I was really a man but was afraid to tell him before because I'd never had such strong feelings before for another guy and I didn't want him to hate me. I did it in the lobby, and everyone was like O.o!!! My (now) husband (then just best friend) and I were loling so hard, I was crying. In the end, except for a few "gay" flame mails I got, he never bothered me again.

After that I switched to FOmarl, because guys seemed less attracted to them than Hunewearls.

unicorn
Dec 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
gibberz yaoi plz.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 18, 2007, 02:31 AM
Actualy on PSO DC v1 I wanted a male force but... come ON! You seen the FOnewm... he looks like an Elf Pimp on meth! I pretty much HAD to pick a FOmarl and it stuck from there. Now i just make female characters cause i'm a perv. You should see my Deviant Art page >_>. Now while playing a FOmarl LOTS of people gave me 7*'s at when i'm still lv 10, tech discs i'd never see until the Ruins when i'm barely lv 5 and i did NOTHING to dupe them in to giveing me stuff. Guys are just gullible i know... cause i used to be untill i completely got taken advantage of but thats another thread all together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-12-17 23:43 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Dec 18, 2007, 02:34 AM
triple post >_< sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-12-17 23:36 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Dec 18, 2007, 02:35 AM
triple post >_< sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-12-17 23:37 ]</font>

sirrokr
Dec 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
I'm a guy irl, but I gave up playing male chars. I just don't like how they look, and even when I play the biggest, baddest, most masculine chars I could make, people just thought I was a female playing a male char. I just have too feminine of a personality to play male chars, and when I do, it just ends up cheesy. If someone outright asks, I tell them I'm male, but otherwise I don't give any indication either way. In FFXI, I played a Mithra, and even the people I told that I was male refused to believe it. As far as getting free stuff, it only happened once, but they gave me 100k meseta for clothes, though I did help teach them how to use the shop search feature. (No, I did not ask for it, they just offered. I have never pimped out any of my chars, it is too degrading.) Funny thing, the guy was also playing a female char.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sirrokr on 2007-12-18 00:38 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 18, 2007, 02:58 AM
I should mention, the person who posted that guide is a heavy troller. Almost all his posts are joke posts, and he's made some pretty ridiculous stories too (including, but not limited to, a choose your own FFXI path story whos only happy endings were quitting for WoW or getting lucky with a fat chick, and a story involving another poster's epic dual with an NM named Bifrons [lolbifrons]).
Considering this, I'm fairly confident that his post is another joke post, but he could have copied it from someone else. Just pick whichever one is funnier.

ilovetypemoon
Dec 18, 2007, 03:38 AM
Here's a random message I got from "D" when I was playing on my female cast. (Name disclosed to protect their privacy)

D: r u a girl
Me: didn't you see my card? it says g.i.r.l. >>
D: so u should be my online gf for the ffuck of it lol plz
Me: *puke* no
D: fine i guess im still be broken haerted =(
Me: since it seems like you're misunderstanding, g.i.r.l. stands for GUY in real life
D: wtf ok then u could of said u were a guy
Me: if i was a girl i woulda said girl, not g.i.r.l. plus it doesnt changed the fact what you said was hella creepy
D: ok wat ever stop hiting on me

Things like this will never stop happening as long as we are given the ability to create both male and female characters. Maybe less guys will play girls if their accounts are separated by gender like Ragnarok Online did.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 18, 2007, 03:50 AM
On 2007-12-18 00:38, ilovetypemoon wrote:
Here's a random message I got from "D" when I was playing on my female cast. (Name disclosed to protect their privacy)

Me: since it seems like you're misunderstanding, g.i.r.l. stands for GUY in real life
Me: if i was a girl i woulda said girl, not g.i.r.l. plus it doesnt changed the fact what you said was hella creepy

Things like this will never stop happening as long as we are given the ability to create both male and female characters. Maybe less guys will play girls if their accounts are separated by gender like Ragnarok Online did.

LMAO something similar happened to me on Star Wars Galaxies (back before it totally sucked) Some guy wanted to marry my bounty hunter (made her an Alys Bragwin clone), hell several doods wanted to, even my guild leader until he heard me on Ventrillo and I told him I'm actually a 6'2" black guy instead of a 5'10" red head with a huge rack. Heh I went along with it for the lulz, i guess when he found out he never showed his face on the server again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. ya i'm a bastard ^_^

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 04:09 AM
On 2007-12-18 00:50, Omega_Weltall wrote:

LMAO something similar happened to me on Star Wars Galaxies (back before it totally sucked) Some guy wanted to marry my bounty hunter (made her an Alys Bragwin clone), hell several doods wanted to, even my guild leader until he heard me on Ventrillo and I told him I'm actually a 6'2" black guy instead of a 5'10" red head with a huge rack. Heh I went along with it for the lulz, i guess when he found out he never showed his face on the server again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. ya i'm a bastard ^_^

id hit it XD geuss which one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SonKevin
Dec 18, 2007, 04:18 AM
Oh man, being a girl in any MMO is profitable. Guys will always give you stuff. I hate it. I would expect that anyone who played PSO would realize any female newman techer would actually be a guy. I mean come on!

GuardianElite
Dec 18, 2007, 04:19 AM
On 2007-12-18 00:50, Omega_Weltall wrote:

funny as hell

Dragon_Knight
Dec 18, 2007, 08:28 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Heh anyway. I play a female char....and I will flatly say I'm a guy if anyone asks. I've had some people actualy NOT believe me when I said that. For God knows what reason they think I'm a girl...>_> Still this isn't the type of MMO where guys will give stuff away for anyone they think is a girl. Or maybe I just never asked them for X item. Still the guys that think I'm a girl no matter what I JUST told them WILL help me do missions or item hunts at the drop of a hat. So thats almost as good as getting hand outs.

EternityAngel
Dec 18, 2007, 08:48 AM
hehehehehehe ^_^ I had no idea that the community would be like that (since my sisters and me have confined ourselves away from the public universes until the new year; building up our technics, bullets and skills).

On blank universes; all I see is myself and a christmas lobby but since this is my first online game, do people really care if you're a girl or a guy? I'm a girl; but I won't beg someone for money or take advantage of them; I don't see the point really. If I needed meseta; I'll just make it since money drops are so easy and if I needed rares (which I really don't care about, I'm happy with just about anything), I'll probably hunt for them. Since I haven't been in the community; I really don't know if it is profitable, but from the sounds of things, I guess it is *starts thinking random thoughts for no apparent reason*

Sekani
Dec 18, 2007, 09:29 AM
In PSO I got so many freebies from playing a HUnewearl....

In PSU (360 version anyway), the addition of voice chat kind of wrecks the "Manthra" ploy. I have two characters, one male and one female. When the mic is off the female one doesn't get any extra stuff from strangers, but I have been the recipient of some really juvenile emotes. Worst incident was when my female character actually got kicked from a party because I wasn't a real girl.

daniel_drago
Dec 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
lol best topic ever, i play female characters from time to time but.....well i dont really no why either tbh lol. but posing to be a girl is just retarded in all honesty. lets get free money coz im a 'girl'......but what if the stereotypical view that all women are ugly on the internet was true I RLY doubt people would give free money so therfore posing is for prats. end of rant. it makes little no sense reading back on it.
p.s. im not in a good mood lol.

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
Everyone thinks I am a chick....then I say 'See my GT'

Angelo
Dec 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
Not this shit again...

More proof that women = trouble

omegapirate2k
Dec 18, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:36, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Personally, I don't accept pretty much anything. The guys who try to give me items to try and woo me to them get nothing but remarks from me like, "I don't want it," then them thinking like they did something wrong to offend me, so they get extremely apologetic and say things like baby, honey, or girl like I'm some kind of property they feel they can speak condescendingly to. I won't name names on here, but somebody I had to recently take somebody off of my friend list and b-list just because it was going on for the longest time.

Awww baby why you gotta be so cold?

XD I have a very disturbing and private story one of my friends told me that I'd never share without her permission, suffice to say you probably have it easy.

Kietrinia
Dec 18, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:48, Seira7 wrote:
Meh, a free Rappy Feather from some d00d means everytime you log on, they are in My Room performing *kiss* emotes. Its just not worth it, lol.
This is why I'm very hesitant to accept free stuff from people, especially random people. -.-

On 2007-12-18 06:46, Angelo wrote:
Not this shit again...

More proof that women this topic = troubleFixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
Being a woman is more trouble than it's worth, with the mood swings and the feminine hygiene and whatnot. Being a guy is far easier thnx.

Laranas
Dec 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
I never posed as a girl, but I'll say this:
When I made a Human Male, I solo'ed to 10 and then found random groups to join.

When I made a Cast Female with people to help me level, I got two invitations for help while running to Cylez 4F.

Angelo
Dec 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-12-18 07:32, Kietrinia wrote:

On 2007-12-17 21:48, Seira7 wrote:
Meh, a free Rappy Feather from some d00d means everytime you log on, they are in My Room performing *kiss* emotes. Its just not worth it, lol.
This is why I'm very hesitant to accept free stuff from people, especially random people. -.-

On 2007-12-18 06:46, Angelo wrote:
Not this shit again...

More proof that women this topic = troubleFixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

See the trouble! Already meddling with my posts, they are!

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm girly enough where I don't have to act. *blush*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 11:33 AM
It seems to me that guys posing as girls seem to get more stuff than RL girls... So if you're playing with a girl char that has no mic, and they hint at needing meseta, or talk about some cute clothes they want.. or give little frowny crying emotes about wanting some rare armor or weapons...

Seems like you've got a dood on your hands...

Enigmaloner
Dec 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
Woo! Love hearing these stories. Before playing full PSU i played as only female casts on the demo (I dunno why originally maybe it was because playing as Ethan weber can drive a man to hate his own gender) and had the problem of being booted for being a guy and being a little harrased because i made my character really cutsey

But now Im all Man manly male cast for my main, Yet still Play as 3 Females for my Alts One hume, one Beast and one Newman. What made me do it now is the Choices and selections for the female characters and if i have to look at the back of a characters head as i lvl id prefer it to be a better looking character head.

If I regaled of the tales of being stalked, carded and offered stuff everywhere id be here a week typing posts (Infact its almost worth doing "Confessions of an intentional G.I.R.L."), It almost makes me sad to be leveling my alts so quick because the more you move up the less people offer a helping hand on route to places. (I've never accepted items unless you count that Tero/Hit for my Beast ^_^ i already have almost everything i need from my Cast char)

Its still wierd and almost pleasent to see a bit of OTT Chivalry going on in the treatment of women by SOME players but the hormonal imbalance of some people can make you dispair for the world. The fact people actually demand they have a Girlfriend is frightening.

Well i dunno i think i have Rambled a little here but i wanted to say this post does not fail its got a home truth Female Characters get both the sweeter and the scary side of games (Makes you realise as a guy that it reflects the real world a little to much sometimes)

Laters.

SeleneD
Dec 18, 2007, 11:46 AM
With all the G.I.R.L.s running around on PSU, most people really don't believe a real girl is a girl. I've had this game a couple weeks, and I've been ton on several occasions that I can't be a real girl. And I should stop posing as one.

>.>

But even if they think you're a trap, they'll still help you and give you stuff.
xD

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-12-18 08:46, SeleneD wrote:
With all the G.I.R.L.s running around on PSU, most people really don't believe a real girl is a girl. I've had this game a couple weeks, and I've been ton on several occasions that I can't be a real girl. And I should stop posing as one.

>.>

But even if they think you're a trap, they'll still help you and give you stuff.
xD

Lol I've been on the 360 version since March or April, and I've had people say I'm a little boy not a girl when my HUSBAND is in the party saying I am, and I'm on the mic.

That's just because there ARE no girls on the internet. Especially not in online games.

X_X

CherryLunar
Dec 18, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-12-18 08:54, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2007-12-18 08:46, SeleneD wrote:

>.>

xD

Lol I've been on the 360 version since March or April, and I've had people say I'm a little boy not a girl when my HUSBAND is in the party saying I am, and I'm on the mic.

That's just because there ARE no girls on the internet. Especially not in online games.

X_X

I've had quite a few people on 360 (Outside of PSU) say the same thing about me and a friend of mine. Little boy starts turning into being called little names like "tranny", and "dyke" once they start getting their asses handed to them on sliver platters.

Overall, the majority of the 360Live community is stuck at the high school maturity level and I believe this holds true for quite a few of online games as well. :/

But back on topic:
G.I.R.L's tend to give females in online games a bad rep and it's unfortunate. I've known quite a few G.I.R.L's who have used their avatars gender for profit in the past and it's worked. Maybe if some guys would stop thinking with their "heads" and started using their brains they'd be able to spot G.I.R.L's easier.

I'll give more than I take. Personally, I think I may have excessive pride when it comes to accepting things from most people. Forget gifts from people I don't know. If I need someone's help with something, I'll simply ask for help but not force the issue. And that's not very often. Hunting with friends is more fun than hunting alone. And hunting is half the fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Some guys need to remember that MOST women do NOT need sympathy, gear, or your money and are fully capable of getting their essentials on their own.

Tatha-kitten
Dec 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
i'm more worried about the HUGE amount of Loli on PSU. the G.I.R.Ls aren't as bad when they're fully grown. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 12:58 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:47, CherryLunar wrote:

Some guys need to remember that MOST women do NOT need sympathy, gear, or your money and are fully capable of getting their essentials on their own.

Yup, my luck blows, but I usually go without rather than take stuff. I never EVER ask for stuff, not even help leveling, and I only accept gifts from friends- when I know they aren't giving them because I'm female, but just because they want to. Hopefully when I'm higher level, my luck will change and I'll be able to give good stuff to my friends as well.

On 2007-12-17 22:37, super_luu wrote:

In PSO, I would get my HUnewearl to open her legs to whomever would give me weapons. I would pretend I was a girl, and guys would give me the prettiest haxed weapons available. Theres a lot of stupid people in this game if you haven't already noticed.

This is from a few pages back but it is so sad I had to bring it up. My brother made a BB character last summer and played for about a week when he stayed with me. He made a guy character, and after a day he had more rares than I did... Ironically most of his gifts were from female characters, although quite a few of them were g.i.r.l.s.

I repeat... if someone is acting "secksy" like you'd actually have a RL chance with her for a psycho wand... IT'S A DOOD!!!!

Angelo
Dec 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ok, it just clicked in my head what "G.I.R.L." means.

Damn I'm slow lately.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
I doubt it so I wouldn't try it.

Xefi
Dec 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
i got more profits by doing my awesome posing at De Rol Le and Dulk Falkis. *they drop me their body materials though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2007-12-18 10:04 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
The funniest stuff I think I've seen is FFXI. No really. I mean, I played Furrivaser. That's the name of the roleplayed Male Mithra I had. Even if you merely look at him, the description talks about about what he is, and a hint of what put him in that predicament.

FFXI is one of those odd games in which you had people crazy enough to think you were a girl no matter how much you said to the contrary. Don't know what's in some of those guy's heads because the way they act on the internet is just insane.

I guess the problem is that there seems to be no pre-requisite for having a level head before people use the internet. They need to invent Maturity level blockers or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Still, I give the big advice, as I found out from playing, that with quite a few games your likely handouts come from being the cute adorable male. There's a backlash that comes with it, like being huggled and other things while you're trying to do other stuff, but it's quite tolerable. As I try to tell others, female eye candy is at a premium, and if you're going to pose as something to get stuff, even though I don't condone it, that is the choice one to pick.

Sure, looking like the bad-A@# seems to be the normal guy pick, but the boyish-sacharine look gets a lot of people. Particularly of the anime-persuation. In that case, I play my role, but I don't ask for handouts or anything. Still, that doesn't exactly stop that from coming to you, either.

I play my roles as if they are characters from my story books or novels. But the intention is to kick character butt with them and dress the atmosphere with their presence. If any of you put fictional writing to regular practice, don't say you don't roleplay. It's a near impossibility for them to not do so, their minds are too active for such an escape from their norm.

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 01:35 PM
One of my best friends in FFXI was a little male Taru, he used to make Taru dancing macros. Of course he was an adorable little boy IRL. I kind of adopted him.. *huggles the memory*

chibiLegolas
Dec 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
One can try and take advantage of other ppl's kindness. But you'd be trading in your pride and dignity. I'm a female and I HATE it when ppl make me feel like I need to be pampered. Makes me feel weak or less of a man/human being.

Kylie
Dec 18, 2007, 01:48 PM
You know, I'm still a little undecided on this topic. As an actual girl, I've gotten plenty of offers in my time, and I'm sure I could get a hell of a lot more if I turned on the charm. However, I guess I wouldn't know because I don't turn on anything for average creeps on the street, and I turn down all offers unless it's my birthday or a legitimate gift giving time. Also, I've heard of situations and seen some with my own eyes where a girl, or G.I.R.L., took advantage of some guy that was taken by a nice pair of... eyes... and felt compelled to buy them gifts. So, yeah, I guess it could work for someone, but that just makes you a scammer.

SeleneD
Dec 18, 2007, 01:49 PM
I don't know. I look the more badass looking guys than androgynous. It just confuses me. I don't like being confused.

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:48, Lorelei wrote:
You know, I'm still a little undecided on this topic. As an actual girl, I've gotten plenty of offers in my time, and I'm sure I could get a hell of a lot more if I turned on the charm. However, I guess I wouldn't know because I don't turn on anything for average creeps on the street, and I turn down all offers unless it's my birthday or a legitimate gift giving time. Also, I've heard of situations and seen some with my own eyes where a girl, or G.I.R.L., took advantage of some guy that was taken by a nice pair of... eyes... and felt compelled to buy them gifts. So, yeah, I guess it could work for someone, but that just makes you a scammer.

Yeah, it's definitely the... eyes that takes the saps in.

Now after saying all that crap about female pride and how lame are guys that think they have a chance with girls in a game... I did meet my husband when he joined my party in PSO... but we did NOT get along at all when we first met, and he actually gave the other 4 people rarez but not me. He was a duper, back when it was fun to do so... But he gave stuff to guys and girls alike... actually anyone that wasn't me.

Astarin
Dec 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
When I'm playing with my female characters, I frequently have people assume I'm a woman. I'm not trying, or anything, it just... happens >_> Anyway, I've never had anyone try to give me anything. Just some really polite conversation.

zandra117
Yesterday someone just walked up and handed me a Shato madoog because my character was cute.

amtalx
It would seem that guys posing as girls ask for more stuff than the girls themselves...interesting.

Addark
I play as a guy character the majority of the time because I HATE how people behave toward women in online games. I've never been able to stand female characters because people, in my experiences, honestly believe that I don't know how to play this game. So I pose as a guy and I get left the fuck alone.

Last night I went on my beast to do some Rappy Igg hunting for a friend (who was mostly after the Gugg Crown, but anyway..) on Universe 1 and I had SO MUCH SPAM. I had a fucking PRIVATE CHAT INVITE after a short conversation with a Newman outside of the mission counter. Some beast I hadn't even noticed out there sent me simple mails saying that he loved me.

After all of that, I figured it may be best just to go back to my male main characters.

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 01:58 PM
I actually got an XBL message once from a random stranger- it was a photo of some kid holding a sign that said "I love you." How weird is that?

Kylie
Dec 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:56, amtalx wrote:
It would seem that guys posing as girls ask for more stuff than the girls themselves...interesting.

Well, of course, most of us girls build a stong self-respect / feminist thing over time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And my guy friends that play as girls, Nanashi in particular, that don't pretend to be girls get hit on all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've never seen him accept a gift, but it's hilarious to see a guy come up to him and start saying how nice his caseal parts are or, "we should play some time!" Priceless.

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:58, Raine_Loire wrote:
I actually got an XBL message once from a random stranger- it was a photo of some kid holding a sign that said "I love you." How weird is that?

qwik!! take his monies!

That is pretty creepy though...lock your doors.

On 2007-12-18 11:01, Lorelei wrote:

On 2007-12-18 10:56, amtalx wrote:

Well, of course, most of us girls build a stong self-respect / feminist thing over time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And my guy friends that play as girls, Nanashi in particular, that don't pretend to be girls get hit on all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've never seen him accept a gift, but it's hilarious to see a guy come up to him and start saying how nice his caseal parts are or, "we should play some time!" Priceless.

I've had poeple come up to me like that when I'm using my alt. I always invite them to my party to say hello. I have a somewhat booming voice so...they don't stick around for long. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kylie
Dec 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif One time, I decided to be cute and told the guy in mail that Nanashi thought he was hot, etc. He mailed him and was like, "Hey, baby, I heard you like what you see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif" Some guys on PSU... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 18, 2007, 02:24 PM
That's silly. But you should've had an idea of the mentality you were mailing to when you decided to say that about Nanashi. Be careful, or you might get *him* a stalker.

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 02:29 PM
!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Because people really look like their PSU chars... Get a load of me and my hawt metal frame IRL. New hydraulics.

Para
Dec 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
Posing as a girl is wrong. Exploiting your status as a female to gain items is wrong. If you are going to give items to a girl, she better not be a bitch. Think with your head about who truly deserves it and not with your cock.

Kylie
Dec 18, 2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I suppose, but it was all in great fun. I was extra careful, and it wasn't anyone he knew or anyone that had his card. Plus, he was already hitting on him. But I just said that to complement that some guys on online games are just too, too much. A'well.

chibiLegolas
Dec 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
Actually, funny enough, I often times pretend I'm a guy (to strangers anyways); just so that I would blend in with everyone else. All be it, an andrygonous guy with speedo + cowboy hat. But still...
I hit on G.I.R.L. but that's me just playing around, and they know I'm not serious anyways.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dunno. Maybe guys sometimes want to feel generous or feel like a gentle man when being nice to gals. So they only see what they WANT to see.

So I don't see either trend stopping any time soon. Afterall, girls ask/expect guys to buy them drinks in bars ($10 a cup/bottle?! Like hell I'm gonna pay for that!). So there's always ppl out there who takes advantage of others no matter where you go and what gender you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-12-18 11:47 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
*waits for ST to add a bar where you can buy drinks*

Kirip-san
Dec 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:53, Tatha-kitten wrote:
i'm more worried about the HUGE amount of Loli on PSU. the G.I.R.Ls aren't as bad when they're fully grown. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There can never be enough lolis.

Leave 'em alone. =X

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:51, Kirip-san wrote:

On 2007-12-18 09:53, Tatha-kitten wrote:

There can never be enough lolis.

Leave 'em alone. =X

Wow, that was almost like a direct invitation to you, wasn't it?

BaconZero
Dec 18, 2007, 03:16 PM
Never made a profit, and never will.
Had one guy ask me a bunch of questions, and he had asked if i was a girl. I replied, "..."
So he assumed I was, which I'm not, lol. (It was one of them days were yah go frag hunting, and care about nothing but frag hunting, lol.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaconZero on 2007-12-18 12:16 ]</font>

Alisha
Dec 18, 2007, 03:17 PM
i try to let anyone that becomes my friend know that im a carpet muncher but it doesnt really help... i mean someone gave me a kirins osode(an osode is hard to refuse >_>) and i get both boys and girls flirting with me. one guy even asked if he could have some luvin if you tucked his stuff away and dressed like a girl >_>.

for the record i played elvaan female not mithra or hume so its not like im the hottest set of pixels in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-12-18 12:25 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Dec 18, 2007, 03:23 PM
one guy even asked if he could have some luvin if you tucked his stuff away and dressed like a girl >_>.

that is so sad ...

SeleneD
Dec 18, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-12-18 12:23, GuardianElite wrote:

one guy even asked if he could have some luvin if you tucked his stuff away and dressed like a girl >_>.

that is so sad ...

I think that's hilarious!

Oddly, when I say I'm for girls, I'm accused of being a scam at that point.
>.>

Ros
Dec 18, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:12, Akaimizu wrote:
Still, I give the big advice, as I found out from playing, that with quite a few games your likely handouts come from being the cute adorable male. There's a backlash that comes with it, like being huggled and other things while you're trying to do other stuff, but it's quite tolerable. As I try to tell others, female eye candy is at a premium, and if you're going to pose as something to get stuff, even though I don't condone it, that is the choice one to pick.

Sure, looking like the bad-A@# seems to be the normal guy pick, but the boyish-sacharine look gets a lot of people. Particularly of the anime-persuation. In that case, I play my role, but I don't ask for handouts or anything. Still, that doesn't exactly stop that from coming to you, either.
My male FFXI character was this model (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/ccguildenstern/Leisalle2.jpg) (gogo AltanaViewer >__>), and I did get some attention, not from guys who knew I was a girl IRL, but from the guys in my gay/straight alliance linkshell and from some girls (some of whom knew I was a girl and/or played male characters themselves). Because I was one of the only girls in that LS, my friends had to start dropping that I was female right when they introduced me, because otherwise things would sometimes get awkward fast (a guy I just met trying to buy me EXP food, or trading me roses, ect). XD Wierdly, my only negative experiences with guys hitting on me because of my actual gender were in that LS. We had a few straight guys who joined, and after a while it became pretty obvious that two of them had come looking specifically for lesbian and bisexual girls to hang out with, and couldn't handle the "No, we don't just need to 'find the right guy,' and you are not him in any case" reality check. >_>;

I know the usual "Assume everyone's a guy until proved otherwise" thing, but it's a roleplaying game and I tend to think of everyone as the gender of their character until they tell me otherwise. Really there shouldn't be any problem thinking of that Newman girl in your party as female, and it's simple to avoid someone taking you for a ride--just don't give people handouts based on the chance that they might be as attractive a girl offline as they are ingame. It's been noted that most of the actual girls are here to play, not to get free stuff, and anyone who needs a sugar daddy in a game, regardless of their RL gender, is probably not worth the time it takes to get and maintain their affection (when your meseta runs dry, there's always another sucker--stop being suckers).

sirrokr
Dec 18, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-12-18 12:23, GuardianElite wrote:

that is so sad ...

I agree, but my mithra had the same problem. Even guys that I told I was a straight guy asked me that.
Eventually I just told them I already had a girlfriend, and most of them left me alone.

Also, babbling in Japanese tends to get people to shut up, because Japanese players can usually spot G.I.R.Ls easier, and English players would just go "Huh?" and give up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sirrokr on 2007-12-18 13:31 ]</font>

Edit: Damn forum won't display Japanese phrases correctly for me, so I just took it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sirrokr on 2007-12-18 13:33 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Dec 18, 2007, 04:32 PM
Way to think about exploiting the virtual female body.

You make me sick.

Hexadecimal
Dec 18, 2007, 05:27 PM
I don't bother mentioning my gender until asked. People need to not make assumptions.

But based on Naranna and Ariette, I've had people flirt with me. Hiharu Miyasuzu is too new to be for sure, plus she's a cast...

People tend to make the assumption probably because Ariette and Nar look so nice XD Most men can't make such well matching characters without ginormous breasts. Also, the fact I'm gay doesn't help my masculinity, I'm sure.

-Zephyr-
Dec 18, 2007, 05:29 PM
I've seen so many females post here.

Will any of you want to be my friend? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Preferably only if you're between the age of 14-20. I have lots of meseta and S ranks.

UniKoRn
Dec 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm a girl and usually play as girl characters.. but I think most people assume I'm a guy because I don't really act like what is considered 'female'. I'll make crude jokes along with the guys and so on. IMO I'd think that most girls that enjoy video games are a little tomboy-ish and probably know how to be 'one of the boys' so if someone is out there pimping "I'm a girl!" they are probably a guy trying to scam stuff.

I really hate being hit on.. especially when people are very rude to you when you don't suddenly go all weak at the knees over a few stock standard compliments. Hell, if I was to respond to some come ons it would make me a pedo too. I've also had people making snide comments when I stated that I was 'taken'. So you can see why most girls really aren't going to announce their gender too often... because all you get is annoyances that take the fun out of the game.

I play video games because I like video games, not because I'm sad and desperate for a man. What real girl would be looking for a boyfriend in a video game? Seriously!?

Laranas
Dec 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'm kind of glad most people assume someone's a girl. My ex played PSU and my current gf saw me playing and is getting it on Thursday. I'd rather people act as if she's a male then hear about her being hounded by HNGs all the time.

Leon_PHelps
Dec 18, 2007, 08:19 PM
Okay so I have a friend who is a girl that basically got people to find a Psycho wand board, gather the mats, and make a tech PM using HQ mats... she promised to reward his efforts by finding him a twin tornado/ double agito. In the process she found another Psycho wand board. She could have sold it and bought him something nice, but instead used the rest of her money to make another Psycho wand for herself. She decided to get the guy a 10* Yohmei axe instead... he is a fighgunner. I lol'd

Sekani
Dec 18, 2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, this may be the best thread ever.

Myumi
Dec 19, 2007, 12:14 AM
Someone was sucking up to me earlier when he found out I was a girl. He kept telling me how many Halarods he'd make me. He said "if she found a sugar daddy on this game she'd get anything she wanted."

That just kind of left me in a "..." state.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 19, 2007, 01:23 AM

X_X

People have asked if I'm a little boy many times in the past. Me am cry with you. X_X

Sekani
Dec 19, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-12-18 22:23, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

X_X

People have asked if I'm a little boy many times in the past. Me am cry with you. X_X

That reminds me... an acquaintance's Xbox Live motto is now "32/F not 12/M, fyi" because so many people think she's a little boy when she talks.

P1nkSt4r
Dec 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
Well i remember the first time i played psu..... i got about 20k from one person, then 50k from about 5 others that was in a matter of 1 hr...... though i don't think it was because i was a girl but because i had only jus begun, and everyone was being more then nice to me...... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif now to answer ur question..... yes i think its profitable but it is deceiving and if u were a real girl u wouldn't accept it...... u know why???? because u get stalkers left right and centre..... and the only reson i accept things is because i choose to give the same back......... profit is nothing to a girl.... and if u were a girl u would know that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

much love,

Raine_Loire
Dec 19, 2007, 01:35 AM
On 2007-12-18 22:26, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-12-18 22:23, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

X_X

That reminds me... an acquaintance's Xbox Live motto is now "32/F not 12/M, fyi" because so many people think she's a little boy when she talks.

LOL, I'm gonna put that in my bio ^_^ Well, not the 32 part...

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 19, 2007, 01:37 AM
People didn't seem to hit on me when I told them I just liked girls, which is true. But they freak out when you tell them you're also trans. People act so weird.

But, I've separated my true friends from the rest since then and it feels great!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-12-18 22:40 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 06:45 AM
You know, ive gotten more free items on my male character than my female.

So i would say no.

Miakyo
Dec 19, 2007, 07:00 AM
I get it differently.

I am a guy.

Everyone thinks I'm a girl.

Mee-ah-key-oh. Not My-ah.

And only manly men wear purple.

Kairi_Li
Dec 19, 2007, 07:16 AM
Well, I'm a girl in real life, but I don't go around acting girlish with my characters just to get free stuff, but some guys give me stuff anyway, and I could never turn down freebies.

During the time when the clothing glitch worked, after the swimsuits came out, I got my main to have a pink Bikini Top and White pritia shorts for fun. Naturally it got alot of attention... Good and disturbing ones. One guy asked me how I got her outfit like that, I told him about the glitch and how to use it, and he gave me 10 million as a thank you gift.

Somehow, I doubt he would have given a male chacter 10 mil for explaining the glitch...

I do know that my fiance, his profile is linked on my signature, (Possessed Cast) was showered with rares when he played PSO back in the day. He played female characters only, (and in PSU too), that everyone assumed he was a chick. He decided to not bother correcting them cause, you know, FREEBIES!

I don't think its right to pose as a girl for the sake of stuff, cause that is borderline gold digging, but if guys are stupid enough to want to give me rares just cause I made my characters look sexy or something, hey, more stuff for me then, since they offered. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Dec 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
It seems e-boobs are quite a bit more effective than I thought...almost as effective as IRL-boobs. Are we (guys) really this stupid?

Takayanagi
Dec 19, 2007, 08:11 AM
People always think I am a girl too. Even on MSN or if I have a male character, people often assume I am a girl because of how I behave. To be honest, I don't act especially cute, or overly feminine, I guess its just because I am 'nice'.

As for assuming the role of a female to make profits - I think the manthra guide says it all. Personally I've received no more freebies when people thought I was a girl than what I've received as a known male. I know girls get more benefits, but generally if you are nice and easy to get along with, many people will give you gifts in games such as this.

Oh and P1nkSt4r, are you kidding? I've lost count of the amount of slutty profiteering REAL girls I've come across (on games and in RL). Girls are just as bad as males in every respect, society just likes to point out male flaws much more often. The end.

TranceZiggy
Dec 19, 2007, 08:12 AM
LOL.

Just LOL.

If anyone's sad enough to give away shyt to a random 'girl' they meet on PSU, because they THINK they have some chance of 'scoring' with them, or some shit, they need a reality check, then a bullet to the head.

If anyone's deperate and low enough to attempt to exploit these sad pricks, they need to be thrown in a cell and shown what it's REALLY like to be a 'Girl', by the guys who watch if you drop your soap or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-12-19 05:14 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 19, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-12-19 04:35, amtalx wrote:
It seems e-boobs are quite a bit more effective than I thought...almost as effective as IRL-boobs. Are we (guys) really this stupid?

Yes, guys will often be blinded by the IRL boobs and miss the adams apple as well.

On 2007-12-19 05:12, TranceZiggy wrote:
If anyone's sad enough to give away shyt to a random 'girl' they meet on PSU, because they THINK they have some chance of 'scoring' with them, or some shit, they need a reality check, then a bullet to the head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-12-19 05:14 ]</font>

Well, that's not completely true... there are couples who met on online games and actually hooked up IRL... And for guys who live in areas where there aren't a lot of girl gamers, they might think it's a great opportunity to meet their "Dream girl" (ie: a girl who games... shared interests FTW!) I don't know that I would call the underlying beliefs SAD exactly, although most of the methods employed to lure said "perfect mate" are.

The thing is- it's not common. And most real girls don't sit around dancing for meseta. So guys need to stop being "Mr Moneybags" around random female characters. It's insulting to RL women to insinuate that they NEED a big strong man to get them rarez. I mean- it's a GAME. If you're going to come to my house and chop me firewood, I'll take you up on that one. But I'm not going to fall in love with you because you gave me a 15* slicer- errr whatever. But a dude pretending to be a girl might also pretend that he/she will.

Of course to be fair- most of the people who REALLY need to learn this will never see this website. :B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-19 06:03 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Dec 19, 2007, 09:23 AM
*Screams at length of thread*

*Screams at topic at thread*

*Shocked by some of the responses on thread*

Okay, now that I've lost my voice, I'll put in my ten cents. I knew this would be an issue when I went to create my character and I came up with a clever solution. I have 4 character slots. Now I am a male but I like to play female characters. But my main character and avatar character is a Male Human who looks as close to me as PSU can get. Whenever I decide to play with people, I use that character and that one only, to avoid such silly stuff. Now whenever I decide to play one of my female alts, I'd play solo or work with people who already know is on the other side. When you play along side me, the character who you are working with will look like me and act like me as if I was actually there in the PSU universe. It makes playing the game that much more fun for me. Personally, if you are one gender and play as another, that's cool with me. Then again I assume that I am talking with the character in the game, not necessarly the person on the other side. If I'm playing with the Character "Cloud Strife" then I'm talking to him and him alone. Not too much the person who is playing him (sort of like role playing all the time... sort of). So the creepy factor doesn't affect me. However, playing as one gender just to get free goods is wrong. But it is no more "wrong" than the knucklehead on the other side, giving it to them based on that sole factor. If you're going to give things away, give it away based on more solid "facts" or something a little more reliable, like level, skill, the use someone can make of that item, etc. But alas it is like Raine_Loire said, the people who need to hear this, probably never will. But hey, we can hope that some guy reads this and decides to change his ways.

Kohana
Dec 19, 2007, 09:39 AM
As far as guys acting like girls I could care less as long as the person is fun to play with or talk to. Anyone that acts like a ditz, is hollow, and tries to act cute quickly gets boring regardless of their real gender.

For getting money off of it I'm bit split on the issue. If it's just some idiot guy that hits on anything with a female character model I couldn't care less since they do it to themselves. However to pick on someone actually looking for the real thing, lonely, and susceptable and then go all out of the act and pretend to care is just cruel and mean.

Haha but haven't had much of a problem recently with male players hitting on my character. Got back to my male character who I haven't used in ages since wartechers kinda sucked when I found out you couldn't use saber/wands. Changed him into an acrotecher and have had him running around in speedos since the 1up cup event ended. Kinda funny hearing all the negative responces to that. But haven't managed to get any free stuff from the girls so I suppose ti isn't as effective the other way around! Just a shame the magical wands are female only http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

amtalx
Dec 19, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-12-19 05:49, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2007-12-19 04:35, amtalx wrote:

Yes, guys will often be blinded by the IRL boobs and miss the adams apple as well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
Dec 19, 2007, 11:00 AM
On 2007-12-19 04:00, Miakyo wrote:
I get it differently.

I am a guy.

Everyone thinks I'm a girl.

Mee-ah-key-oh. Not My-ah.

And only manly men wear purple.

This happened to me a lot during iRO's open and closed betas.

In Ragnarok Online, male and female characters get different class uniforms. For Acolytes, men get a tan duster with brown pants and undershirt; female Acolytes get a white dress with a puce-ish girdlethingy.

There's also the obvious fact that male Acolytes do not have "bouncing betties" for a chest.

I was very clearly a male Acolyte, yet people thought I was a girl, hit on me, gave me flowers and other items as a symbol of their affection. Didn't matter how many times I corrected them. I'd even point out the differences in dress. One guy's response was "O ... well ur a very pretty guy then"

---

For my part, I'm happy to say that even if I am a badly lovesick single guy, I've not once thrown money or items at a girl-shaped player just because I want said girl-shaped player to consider me for a date.

I've seen enough instances of real-life couples that first started out on an MMO, but I know better than to just blindly think WYSIWYG.

Of course, that might just be because I've been on the recieving end of the WYSIWYG mentality. Who knows.

SeleneD
Dec 19, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-12-18 22:32, P1nkSt4r wrote:
Well i remember the first time i played psu..... i got about 20k from one person, then 50k from about 5 others that was in a matter of 1 hr...... though i don't think it was because i was a girl but because i had only jus begun, and everyone was being more then nice to me...... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif now to answer ur question..... yes i think its profitable but it is deceiving and if u were a real girl u wouldn't accept it...... u know why???? because u get stalkers left right and centre..... and the only reson i accept things is because i choose to give the same back......... profit is nothing to a girl.... and if u were a girl u would know that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

much love,

*completely agrees*

Laya
Dec 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
Lol wut

chibiLegolas
Dec 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-12-19 06:39, Kohana wrote:
Changed him into an acrotecher and have had him running around in speedos since the 1up cup event ended. Kinda funny hearing all the negative responces to that. But haven't managed to get any free stuff from the girls so I suppose ti isn't as effective the other way around! Just a shame the magical wands are female only http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Yea. Strange to me on all the negative comments I get from my speedo + cowboy hat. Eye candy to me, but offensive to males? I get a few insults thrown my way in the lobbies. But for those who are in my party who can hear my voice, it made sense why afterwards.

Flaunting the male figure won't work on girls. But I tell ya, there are 2 types that WOULD work for me. Pretty, sweet/sensitive, supportive (SE or tech support) male characters. Or the sweet, little, cute male newman or cast types. Aww.... isn't he just precious?.....
*pets head*

They don't make me wanna give away items, but I do like to try and party with them or help them level, etc. Why? *shrug* pleasing on the eyes? Doesn't mean I wanna pick them up or anything.

So I think it works both ways. Guys just gotta be more sutble, IMO.

Laya
Dec 19, 2007, 01:10 PM
I got a Tomoirod once. I also got a 2 headed ragnus but I gave it to that altar on top of Mt. Shitenkaku. I didn't get anything for it either.

I suppose it could be profitable, but I personally don't have much respect for guys that do that and they are too demanding on one's attention. I'll never understand love at first sight or attempting to expedite the "woo-ing" process.

One must consider the fact that there are not many women online, and the few that are get bombarded by so many idiots wanting a piece of ass that they are hiding and/or just not typing much in the parties they get into.

I am at a point where I just walk away from people talking at me because I'm sick of listening to them, actually. I've even walked out of my own room while some guy kept trying to get my number, and I thought that was funny.

Considering how small the population of women is on the game in general, let alone sentient newman beings, I think it would be a good thing if there were more women on the game.

So albeit many of the women online are in fact fake, I fully support it. Imagine a universe with nothing but men, a bunch of useless good for nothing men, for that matter, fighting over a total of 10 women in the entire game.

I also fully support these fake women taking men's money and leaving them high and dry, because honestly, men like that are part of the reason women are so scarce on the game.

I also fully support you two gravitating into a downward spiral to hell of homosexuality, because it means 2 less losers breathing up the air in the universe.

Myumi
Dec 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
^ Very well said. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Falshyon
Dec 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
my brother somehow got himself a girlfriend by posing as a girl on xbox pso, it was really wierd, it was really wierd because it turned out to be a man. >.< , i said i was a girl once on pso xbox, and got a alot of free stuff, it was kinda sad really.

Kohana
Dec 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-12-19 10:05, chibiLegolas wrote:
Yea. Strange to me on all the negative comments I get from my speedo + cowboy hat. Eye candy to me, but offensive to males? I get a few insults thrown my way in the lobbies. But for those who are in my party who can hear my voice, it made sense why afterwards.

Haha yeah. Actually I had the chance to profit once! Someone offered to pay for cloths to get my character more clothed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. But not quite the same. Silly that plenty of the guys have their scantily clad female characters and gripe over the speedos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kohana on 2007-12-19 12:04 ]</font>

sirrokr
Dec 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Once, I had a guy tell me to "cover up" my caseal, because I had the Batrelle torso (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/9/317/batrelle_torso/). It was kinda funny.

I recently made a male Newman, so I kinda wonder what comments I will get while playing him.

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 04:22 PM
Female characters that act girlish are annoying.

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

We sniff you out. I dont know why you get a hardon from acting like a woman on your own character, but if thats how your knob turns...

Kohana
Dec 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-12-19 13:22, RemiusTA wrote:
-Being extra nice
-not using profanity

That has nothing to do with acting girlish.

sirrokr
Dec 19, 2007, 04:45 PM

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

We sniff you out. I dont know why you get a hardon from acting like a woman on your own character, but if thats how your knob turns...

You say that like every guy who plays a female char does it just to get themselves off. There are other reasons to play female chars other than to wank to the pixels. In fact, very few people I know use that reason.

I play female chars because they usually have more pleasing customization options. In PSU, all the clothes for male chars seem like they shout 1 of 2 things to me, he-man or queer.

Female clothes on the other hand, I can choose almost any look I want. If I want to look like a jpop star, I can. If I want to look elegant, there are clothes for that too. I can choose clothes to look anywhere from a hooker with no self esteem to a self-sufficient, proud female that can put some of the he-men to shame.

Yes I am a guy. No I am not gay/trans. I just like to be able to change my look every so often.

Besides, if you play a female char, you get to see what real females have to put up with in the game. You gain alot of respect for anyone who can put up with the dipshits that women have to deal with all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sirrokr on 2007-12-19 13:51 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
You have no clue.

Kirip-san
Dec 19, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-12-19 13:45, sirrokr wrote:

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

You say that like every guy who plays a female char does it just to get themselves off. There are other reasons to play female chars other than to wank to the pixels. In fact, very few people I know use that reason.

I play female chars because they usually have more pleasing customization options. In PSU, all the clothes for male chars seem like they shout 1 of 2 things to me, he-man or queer.

Female clothes on the other hand, I can choose almost any look I want. If I want to look like a jpop star, I can. If I want to look elegant, there are clothes for that too. I can choose clothes to look anywhere from a hooker with no self esteem to a self-sufficient, proud female that can put some of the he-men to shame.

Yes I am a guy. No I am not gay/trans. I just like to be able to change my look every so often.

Besides, if you play a female char, you get to see what real females have to put up with in the game. You gain alot of respect for anyone who can put up with the dipshits that women have to deal with all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sirrokr on 2007-12-19 13:51 ]</font>

Thank you. This guy knows what he's talking about.

Remius, your comment is very offensive.
If you do not accept the fact that there are people that aren't you know, GIRLS, that have personalities matching your-so-called girly stereotypes.

I'm sorry everyone here isn't the exact stereotype you picture. And as sirrokr says, not every guy plays female characters to get themselves off (like me).

Actually, here's an exact quote from my friend about issues like this:
(He's dyslexic, so don't even try to make fun of his spelling/typos/etc, and this was part of an argument about me not being able to be girly):

"Saying. loliliciousss i can only assume its not a lolicon type of desire you find in phil but instead that he is all loli like him self and is there for not falling into the male stereotype witch you find so Atrocious to break. Well let me tell you that people atualy have opinions of likes and desires. The world is not so predictable and easy for you. i'm so sorry. You're going to have to accept that some people, my self included like all those things you may label as for little girls. You need to think. Thats what you need to do.

Gender has little to do with personality if it was not for social influences. Example in some cultures men ware short skirts, and the women don't ware any thing above there knees. I can only assume that you as well probably just follow set rules not following what you truly desire if you label all males as suppose to being one way you must believe women have to be another."

Think before you post. You're bound to offend/look less intelligent in front of others if you don't.
FYI this is for everyone making offensive posts.

Honestly. This thread is getting more and more dumber.
I think this should be closed.

P.S: Loli lover/lolilicious =/= lolicon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-12-19 14:31 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Dec 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
I must have missed out on something completely during all the time I have been playing online roleplaying games. Not even once have I ever been directly mistaken for a female and asked about wether I were or not, even though roughly 40% of all my total characters have been. I've never ever been given free items for using one of those charaters either.

My oh my, I must exude alot more raw manliness than I thought.

Ken_Silver
Dec 19, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-12-19 13:41, Kohana wrote:

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity

That has nothing to do with acting girlish.

*agrees*

Being a man does not equal being an a-hole or a jerk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hyper_Rappy
Dec 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
i admi iv have done it and i got some cash. but its kinda pathetic if thats the only way you get money

Krisan
Dec 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-12-19 15:03, Mwabwetumba wrote:
My oh my, I must exude alot more raw manliness than I thought.

I know that was a joke, but perhaps you actually do? I know for a fact that when I play female characters, people tend to assume I am female automatically.. or if they don't, I tend to correct them when they call my character a "he". And I don't do that to lead people on, I do it because it is very awkward to call a female avatar a guy in any sense, and because a bit of my roleplayer senses insist on it.. the reverse is also true though, if I am on a male character, I don't want people referring to him as a she just because they know me as a female character more often than not.

I dunno, but I have noticed that as a guy I get very little attention, whereas a gal I get a lot of.. unwanted attention. It is very strange, and I have gotten "gifts" and other things from people before.. simply because I was a female avatar and they were simply trying to impress me. I tend to just take it as what it is though, gifts, and act nicely in return.. I mean, they can believe what they want, it isn't any of their business what gender I really am anyway.. and no real relationship can honestly be expected to come out of a video game. (Albeit, as possible as one might be to originate there.. it just seems like such a terrible place to go looking for a girlfriend.)

Laya
Dec 20, 2007, 05:02 AM

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

Did you get burned by a cyber tranny at some point in your life? How did it make you feel?

Laya
Dec 20, 2007, 05:09 AM
On 2007-12-20 02:02, Laya wrote:

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

Did you get burned by a cyber tranny at some point in your life? How did it make you feel? Or did you go to Muffbusters 101 to learn the photon art of sniffing em out?

Laya
Dec 20, 2007, 05:10 AM
Yes I triple posted and I am gorgeous ^_~

Dana
Dec 20, 2007, 05:12 AM
What about girls posing as guys!? Don't you ever think about them?

Laya
Dec 20, 2007, 05:27 AM
Do you ever imagine that falling in love in the masquerade could lead to great, wonderful advetures in reality, following the dream of completing a sex change, or finding the rich yet loveless otoku willing to pay for the operation?
Exciting sex, arousal, love, what possibilies lie beyond the internet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laya on 2007-12-20 02:28 ]</font>

Laya
Dec 20, 2007, 05:30 AM
On 2007-12-20 02:12, Dana_ranger wrote:
What about girls posing as guys!? Don't you ever think about them?

I know many personally, and most people lack the courage to take the plunge into reality. Their relationships end painfully and hurtfully because they are not brave enough to push past the online level.

Raine_Loire
Dec 20, 2007, 06:46 AM

that means :

-Being extra nice
-not using profanity
-shitspamming emotes

You realize that you said that FEMALE characters that act girlish are annoying? Seriously- there is so much wrong with this post...

#1- female characters who act girly MIGHT be umm, err... girls.

#2- the things you describe are not annoying, everyone SHOULD be nice in a GAME, emotes are there for a reason, and you shouldn't swear. Unless you don't mind going to hell, and then by all means swear away.

#3-As others have said already there are more reasons why a guy would play a girl than that- in fact... I don't think there are a lot of guys that do it for your reason.

#4-and this is THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: No, no no no no. You DON'T sniff them out. If you thought you could, it wouldn't bother you so much. This 12 page thread PROVES it. You men CAN NOT tell the difference between a real woman, and a man pretending to be one. So stop pretending. It's sad.

I'm not going to even bring up the WAVES of latent homosexuality that I feel eminating from your post...

amtalx
Dec 20, 2007, 07:52 AM
Man...there's some serious hate in this thread. Can we go back to finding rares now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh snap, I used smilies. I must be a girl.

F-Gattaca
Dec 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-12-20 02:09, Laya wrote:
Or did you go to Muffbusters 101 to learn the photon art of sniffing em out?

... Is it a bad sign that the very first thing that came to mind when reading the word "Muffbusters" was 'depth charge?'

Cracka_J
Dec 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
lol I don't play female chars so people can debate whether I'm male/female or give me prizes.
bottom line is some female classes offer superior stats (fem newman), and should make people want to play for that alone. I don't see how that's masquerading (sp) or trying to trick people...it's just wanting to play a game with better stats...

also, the female figure is much nicer to look at rather then staring at male ass for 1000+ hours.
I've got like 700+ on my day 1 character...who is male. Needless to say, the rest of my characters are female.

creativehope
Dec 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
lol its funny how this thread evolved into how wrong some people feel about men posing as females to make meseta on psu from whether it is profitable or not. the bottom line is yes it is profitable but only from a chosen few who are lonely in life.

These are just my two cent on the whole situation. The sad thing is that this evolution of the thread is kinda harsh. When I first started playing I created 7 male characters and didnt like 1 of them. createdmy first female loli and instantly said "yup she's a keeper" did I keep her for the possibility of getting rares from other guys, NO. I liked the way she looked, plain and simple. and also I never thought that I would get so much attention from other guys for having a female character. I didnt know that guys would just give me gifts for idling (in other words, not doing a thing) they would say that my character was cute and I'd thank them. it took me a while to realize that was the reason I got gifts, so then I told everyone that I was a guy. The gifts slowed down a bit but I still got offers for them.

Then The trouble with getting into parties came into play. I couldnt get into a single party playing a female character as a male. it was extremely frustrating so I eventually just learned to not say anything unless asked a question. but that got boring so I learned to solo missions. I did that from lvls 1-24 then from lvls 26-42 and this was in the beginning when things were a lot more difficult. and I finally found some real friends who dont look at my avatar to judge me but rather how we play together.

And for those of you who say that avaters that act too nice dont use profanity and use emocons all the time are the gold digging G.I.R.L predator types. well what if I told you that I am a straight guy who just happens to enjoy using emocons to get how I feel across. I normally only do it in parties and I only party with my friends but if you were to ask them the y would tell you that I do it all the time.

Also is there something wrong with a guy having cute loli avatars, is there something wrong with it. because in the end it seems to me that some men cant get pass the fact that not every straight male is the testosterone driven, super ego, muscular macho type that has to prove his worth by his E-peenor.

I apologize for the rant but it seems to me that we all have this mind frame that everything dealing with gender/personality has to be a one way street. and now I feel loads better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ngagerebel
Dec 20, 2007, 06:11 PM
LMAO... wow this hilarious

Sekani
Dec 20, 2007, 10:16 PM
Oh man, thanks for the extra laughs Laya.

Fried
Dec 21, 2007, 02:32 AM
I dont know how I missed this thread until now but it has a few laughs in the couple pages I read. Anyhow to contribute to how dumb and offtopic this thread is, I just thought that I would note that for many guys including myself could care less about that little female avatar? Are we gay? no. I just dont give two poos because the last place Im looking for a female is on a game 90% male and generally filled with children without even getting into the fact its on the internet and all the extra problems that would entail.

I know this is going to be taken the wrong way, but to be honest, id rather not group with the real females at all....at least, not with the average crowd in this game. All of a sudden logical, reasonable grown men start acting like total twats to impress this feminine sounding voice. In many cases the girls encourage this and suddenly voice chat starts filling with "OOOooooohhhh! Ive been waiting for that 10 star board to drop for the last 7 weeks can I have it?" And of course Im the person who got the board from the random looting system. Then the rest of the guys act like Im and asshole for telling the girl "no, I do think I will keep it." Suddenly people you are removing 2 or 3 people from your partner card list who previously were good guys. I think both genders could learn a bit of self control in such situations.