PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter or Acrotecher?

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:00 PM
So, I was just wondering, are there more acrofighters or acrotechers?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
ATs, and 95% of them suck.

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
why ATs? howcome no one is AF?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 17, 2007, 07:15 PM
idk why does it matter in the first place?

New_One
Dec 17, 2007, 07:16 PM
Oh there are Acrofighters. But over half are just in it for the S-rank Slicers.

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
i just want to know for my knowledge, yeah they are in for the slicers, but the slicers are cool anyways

KyEmo
Dec 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:05, Shadow_Wing wrote:

I ran into an AT that buffed, I was shocked.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:18, KyEmo wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif yea they're out there, just super rare D:

In addition to that, what's the point really? Not to downplay ur curiosity but really when asking these question there just no real point to them, just play the game and enjoy it.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 17, 2007, 07:23 PM
What acrotechers?

I prefer to call Acrotechers, AcroWhippers...they're one of teh classes that spam whips a lot. (with the exception of a few that really knows how to play aT)

New_One
Dec 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
Slicers are overated.

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
power to the acrofighter for me, i suck with technics anyways

EDIT: yeah, ATs spam with the whip so much, plus no offense to anyone, but I think the whip is a bit of a feminine weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lavi on 2007-12-17 16:25 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Dec 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
oh yeah and those slicers.

They're not AcroFighter, they're AcroSlicer...

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm an AT and I don't buff (my buffs are at way too low a lvl to matter, plus there is always a FT to handle it). I do spend a solid 10% of my time healing though.

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:24, Lavi wrote:

EDIT: yeah, ATs spam with the whip so much, plus no offense to anyone, but I think the whip is a bit of a feminine weapon.

There is a reason AT spams whip. It's F***ing awesome. Besides, why does a whip have to be feminine? Think Indiana Jones, but with more photons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-12-17 16:28 ]</font>

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
i just wanted the speed, and the s rank sabers, daggers, and shadoogs.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:26, HaydenX wrote:
I'm an AT and I don't buff (my buffs are at way too low a lvl to matter, plus there is always a FT to handle it). I do spend a solid 10% of my time healing though.

As I say, gotta start somewhere, don't care if it's lvl 1 buffs or lvl 31 buffs, start early and trust me, you won't regret it.

For AT not to buff is rather eh, as I stated previously, a large amount of our damage is from our buffs alone.

Oh and don't trust fT to do our jobs, had enough of shitacular fTs.

AND Whips are feminine, trust me, my Male CAST DOES NOT look at all cool doing the PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-17 16:31 ]</font>

Lavi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:27, HaydenX wrote:

On 2007-12-17 16:24, Lavi wrote:

There is a reason AT spams whip. It's F***ing awesome. Besides, why does a whip have to be feminine? Think Indiana Jones, but with more photons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-12-17 16:28 ]</font>

that's a good point, didn't think of it that way, it's probably because I see a lot of female ATs using whips.

Syl
Dec 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:25, RACast_Raiden wrote:
oh yeah and those slicers.

They're not AcroFighter, they're AcroSlicer...

Rai, Sega should hire you as their new writer :3

New_One
Dec 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:28, Lavi wrote:
i just wanted the speed, and the s rank sabers, daggers, and shadoogs.

Thats the way to do it.

Miren
Dec 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
I for one is an AT that buffs (31+ buff, i did my homework) and rarely use Whip ( too low damage on a Female newman), the only time that i dont buff is I always group with FT or GT that buff and cancel my higher level buffs ( make me really pissed off btw).
I have to tell them to buff yourself only or join a buff party to level their shi*ty buff.
Please people, if you gonna play a support heavy class, level your buffs, if you want to use whips, use WT!

-Xios-
Dec 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
Acrofighter 15 here. I would say AF are the best if you like single handed weapons, I personaly hate slicers. I am a single dagger+shadoog fan. When I got my gizaha-zashi 50% earth and 50% dark, and a Dagger of Serafi 36%... I totaly switched back to fighgunner. The speed reduction was SOOOOOOO bad and the stat diffrence was SOOOOOOO bad I HAD to switch back. Speed > Power.

btw Fighgunner only tops Acrofighter in 1 single stat, and that is ATP (by only a little)

Mikura
Dec 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:29, Shadow_Wing wrote:

As I say, gotta start somewhere, don't care if it's lvl 1 buffs or lvl 31 buffs, start early and trust me, you won't regret it.

For AT not to buff is rather eh, as I stated previously, a large amount of our damage is from our buffs alone.

AND Whips are feminine, trust me, my Male CAST DOES NOT look at all cool doing the PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-17 16:31 ]</font>

Yeah Wren, that's why my newman AT will always be better than yours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hot sexy female whip action > your gay, whip-flinging Cast. >_>

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-12-17 17:16, Mikura wrote:

On 2007-12-17 16:29, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Yeah Wren, that's why my newman AT will always be better than yours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hot sexy female whip action > your gay, whip-flinging Cast. >_>

My miltaristic-looking Funky.GUN looks graceful and deadly, much like a fencer, or Vega from SF2. Grace, in a man, is not restricted to homosexuals. I have extraordinarily good balance IRL. I pride myself on it.

In regards to whips not being powerful enough...they sure as hell are on a Human male. I do insane damage to groups (Lv. 55 AT 8, PA 20, I do 4000+ on a just attacked PA to a group of 5). Plus visshu Greba (I think that's it) looks awesome.

Pillan
Dec 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-12-17 17:16, Mikura wrote:

How about a hot Caseal with a set of 38+% whips?

As we all know, hot + deadly >> just sexy.

But, yeah, every random party I joined had good Acrotechers. I still haven't found any of these sucky guys you all keep talking about. I'm just lucky I guess.

I see about as many Acroslicers as Acrowhippers/Acrobuffers though. I can't say there's a clear majority on either class type.

Mikura
Dec 17, 2007, 08:39 PM
I think you mean Visshi Grudda. Close enough though. Yeah, I know not every guy looks "funny" using a whip. Was just giving Wren a hard time is all. >_>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
This is my current look:
http://members.shaw.ca/shadow_wing/Shadow_Domain/Images/Wren01psuai.jpg

Needless to say, I look hilarious using the whip PA

Pengfishh
Dec 17, 2007, 09:03 PM
Lest we all forget the classic that is Zorro: The Gay Blade.

Also, Slicers are rather overrated, from what I can tell. I spent some time with them on Friday and was way sad it was the only Dark weapon I brought along for Habirao. They're just... I dunno, awkward. The timing is strange, the damage with the regular attack is kinda lame and if it weren't for Chikki doing so much damage (and my shit's still under ten) I'd write this weapon off completely.

Still, for the sake of variety I'll stock one and throw it around here and there. Slicer does not an Acrofigher make, however. Sabers and Daggers have such wonderful PAs...

pikachief
Dec 17, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-12-17 16:18, KyEmo wrote:

my acrotecher uses mainly tech spells, cards, twin handguns, and single daggers.

I usually buff at every block (lvl 21 right now soon to be 31) and my lowest level spell is lvl 11 and im lvl 26 XD

idk wat AT your seeing D:

RACast_Raiden
Dec 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
AcroWhippers...they're the sub class of AcroTechers

RACast_Raiden
Dec 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
AcroTechers have a Sub Class, its called AcroWhippers...

Pengfishh
Dec 17, 2007, 09:44 PM
And how!

Poncho_Jr
Dec 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
I ran into some Acrotechers who had GREENISH-YELLOW Resta, that friggin lights up the friggin floor around them, and it made me jealous. I also seem some nice Debuffs leveled up. Talk about a nice lights display. It sometimes makes me wanna go do that, BUT. I like my blinding Dambarta, OMGawd Rafoie, move that Rock Radiga, "That's crazy" Razonde, my continuous non-stop animation Gizonde, the works.

But I'm still jealous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

oooWaveooo
Dec 18, 2007, 12:35 AM
whips are not fucking feminine. Simon Belmont used a whip, he was a BADASS! end of discussion.

and while I personally play both classes, being on my acrofighter only makes me appreciate how good of an acrotecher my newman is.
(I always buff, debuff and heal, just allow me my 1 hit on monsters) Also espite being a diehard whip person when they came out, i've recently adjusted my palette to hold 2 whips, 4 wands, 4-5 madoogs, and 1-2 cards (only 1 slot on my palette lacks a tech weapon)

Anyone have anexplanation as to why all the acrotechers seem to suck?

oooWaveooo
Dec 18, 2007, 12:41 AM
also pegfishh, the slicer PA is stronger once you get it to 11. it throws 2 more large blades, i've hit up to 3250x2 on every target with a 42% sanzu hiken

Broodstar1337
Dec 18, 2007, 12:53 AM
Whips aren't feminine. Vishi Gruuda is, though. None of the badass whippers posted in this thread looked like fucking ribbon dancers using the whip.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 18, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:53, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Whips aren't feminine. Vishi Gruuda is, though. None of the badass whippers posted in this thread looked like fucking ribbon dancers using the whip.

lol should see my cast using it <<; worse combination ever XD

Aviendha
Dec 18, 2007, 01:11 AM

Vishi Grudda is feminine, but nobody will use it once Vivi Danga comes out. It does more hits on the first part than Grudda with a higher mod too. Its second part also does more damage than Grudda, but AT shouldn't be finishing their whip PA anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
Vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=apkVa4uXY18

I don't see many ATs that don't spam whips, but the ones that don't are very good at their job, like they're doing everything they can to make up for the bad ones. =P

unicorn
Dec 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
Almost all the good ATs I've ran into aren't Newman.

A party said I was a really good support the other day, probably the best AT they've seen so far. And I've had this said to me a couple times, so I'll take some pride in what I do. I'm not the BEST AT....I could use some work on my healing reflexes, but I try damn hard to keep my party alive, and it shows. To top it off, I'm a CAST AT. I enjoy making Newmans and Humans look silly one buff at a time.

Anywho, I think there are many, MANY more Acrofighters than Acrotechers. I find myself being the only acrotecher in parties. Only true nublets play techer classes, know that. Why do you think we're always complaining?

Flamingo99
Dec 18, 2007, 02:27 AM
I've always preferred speed over power, so AF is a great class for me. I also like single handed weapons... and slicer's were my favorite weapon in PSO (even though they sucked...). AF is perfect for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2007-12-17 23:27 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 18, 2007, 02:47 AM
On 2007-12-17 23:22, super_luu wrote:
Almost all the good ATs I've ran into aren't Newman.

A party said I was a really good support the other day, probably the best AT they've seen so far. And I've had this said to me a couple times, so I'll take some pride in what I do. I'm not the BEST AT....I could use some work on my healing reflexes, but I try damn hard to keep my party alive, and it shows. To top it off, I'm a CAST AT. I enjoy making Newmans and Humans look silly one buff at a time.

Great to see more CAST ATs trying their best to do the job right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oooWaveooo
Dec 18, 2007, 03:06 AM
On 2007-12-17 22:11, Aviendha wrote:

Vishi Grudda is feminine, but nobody will use it once Vivi Danga comes out. It does more hits on the first part than Grudda with a higher mod too. Its second part also does more damage than Grudda, but AT shouldn't be finishing their whip PA anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
Vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=apkVa4uXY18

I don't see many ATs that don't spam whips, but the ones that don't are very good at their job, like they're doing everything they can to make up for the bad ones. =P

Thanks, I'll take that as a personal compliment! lol

Zorafim
Dec 18, 2007, 03:24 AM
What I do is simply buff when they wear (I'll rebuff if people come back to me, but I'm not going to chase anyone), heal when needed (since everyone uses mates anyway...), and reverser when needed. When none of these are needed, I melee to my hearts content.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 18, 2007, 03:51 AM
On 2007-12-18 00:24, Zorafim wrote:
What I do is simply buff when they wear (I'll rebuff if people come back to me, but I'm not going to chase anyone), heal when needed (since everyone uses mates anyway...), and reverser when needed. When none of these are needed, I melee to my hearts content.

Lol I've made my team lazy cause I'm a good AT, they rely on my fast heals, they gather around me when their buffs wear, and don't use sols/antimates cause they know I'll reverser XD