PDA

View Full Version : PSU story mode VS. Aoi story mode

Meyfei
Dec 17, 2007, 08:50 PM
whats your choice? i pick PSU story, because its not all over the place, and its actually has meaning.

Aoi: its ok could be better, although im only at the first few chapters so... could get better...
as for items yeah Aoi rox

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 09:39 PM
EP1 was bad, EP2 was terrible, EP3 is godlike.

My answer is clear.

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2007, 09:40 PM
Ep II's storyline has a few points which hit harder than Ep I's storyline and are more entertaining - but Ep I's storyline is complete in that it can be a stand-alone storyline. Ep II's storyline is inconsistent and can only stand on it's own when coupled with Ep III's (the online) storyline.

So I would say that Ep I's storyline is the better of the two.

That being said, neither of which are any good.

kohelhunter
Dec 17, 2007, 09:49 PM
neither i think both are terrible. no offense

joluh
Dec 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
Haven't check AotI's story, but as far as PSU's story, it fails except for Lou and yeah that's it.

NeoTeppin
Dec 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
since im on 360 i cant do AOI so PSU FTW!!!

Anduril
Dec 17, 2007, 11:05 PM
I prefer Episode 1 as a whole more than Episode 2, but I like where Episode 2 ends more. The ending is much less campy, and happy.

Anduril
Dec 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-12-17 20:04, NeoTeppin wrote:
since im on 360 i cant do AOI so PSU FTW!!!

Pssst. Little secret, AotI offline is the same as Episode 2 online.

NeoTeppin
Dec 17, 2007, 11:09 PM
o well in that case PSU FTW!!!

Akio
Dec 18, 2007, 12:13 AM
EP1: Ethan sucked so bad, making the story around him stupid.
Ep2:Much better than 1, ethan is actually kinda cool, but "you" as a char who really cant do anything more than nod, bow, or be laia's slave kinda stunk. plus no FMVs other than one or 2.
Ep3:Yet to play, but hear it is good.

Rephin
Dec 18, 2007, 02:11 AM
Episode 1 felt too happy to me, other than the Divine Maiden chapter. Episode 2 felt far more epic nearing the end, but the start really sucked. And that being said, I have high hopes for Episode 3, as the Illuminus are going to be more Illuminus-sy than ever, I suspect. Between the first and second episodes, I'd have to side with the second. The first was more concise and complete, but the second gave actual meaning to your character and his or her battles in the Gurhal system.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 18, 2007, 02:27 AM
eh Episode 1 I suppose... why? VOICES! Ya they were terrible but they HAD them. SoA and all of their INFINITE WISDOM felt it unnecessary for the US PC players to have voice overs...cant wait for more of Episode 3 though.

Meyfei
Dec 18, 2007, 03:25 PM
does ep3 have voices and more FMV's? aoi had an opening FMV, a closeing FMV and thats not counting the song before each chapter, which imo could have been a little (or alot) better

Ken_Silver
Dec 18, 2007, 03:41 PM
I'd say from a story point of view, episode 2 is better, but for overall episode 1 was better. I'm going by offline modes. Episode 1 was an actual story with good cutscenes and a plot per chapter and an ending which is overall an ending. Episode 2 offline was like playing it online and if you're expecting a better offline experience, you didn't get it and that bothered me a little. Plus Episode 2 ending was not an ending but more like a complete pitch to play episode 3. It virtually leaves you hanging and if you have no intent of going online, you'd be really pissed. So there is my argument. But there is no contest that episode 3 will be better than one and two combined. But that was not a part of the topic here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Krupp
Dec 18, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to have to side with Episode 1 over 2. Episode 1 was not bad at all. The cut scenes were good and the story was pretty solid. Having Ethan as the starter of the story worked out pretty well I'd say, it gives you more of a feel of PSU than just having your character as the focus like in PSO. Also since you end up knowing about Ethan and Lumia from episode 1, it makes episode 3 that much more enjoyable. Episode 2 starts off kind of a little strange but it makes a lot of sense if you read the online moving comics from the official page. Episode 3 is just awesome for starters though!

Angelo
Dec 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
Episode 2 has no voices or cutscenes. It was really a big let-down.

Meyfei
Dec 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
wow, 12 to 9 psu made quite a come back when it was 1 to 4... aoi is funner without its story, then it is with... altho fighting curts and getting a love inferno was pretty cool

Weeaboolits
Dec 19, 2007, 02:59 AM
I rather liked episode two, it got much closer to the feel that I was hoping PSU would have when it came out, episode three seems pretty good so far, but I'm waiting for more chapters.

My one disappointment with AoI was the lack of an epic boss battle to end ep2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-12-19 00:07 ]</font>

Krisan
Dec 19, 2007, 03:15 AM
Ep1 was more of a story, it was consistent and flowed along nicely enough.. Ep2 though, I'm not sure.. The last couple of chapters were incredible, but everything else about it was.. well, kind of crap. I think this is mostly because the majority of missions you're posed with in Ep2 are pretty much places you already saw in Ep1, or have already played to death in normal Online play.. It felt at times that the story bent itself to the limitations of the game, rather than the story dictating the content of the game.

Overall, Ep1 was better portrayed.. But Ep2 had a much more important impact, it gave your character importance and held a slightly darker tone toward the end than the first episode, making it much more interesting to me.. I guess though, I can't fairly vote on this one however.. There is no clear winner here, they both have their good points and their bad.

AnamanaAU
Dec 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
AoI because it was shorter.

Calling EP2 & 3 no story mode is just retarded, sure there's no traditional leading character, you're the character! Everyone bitched about Ethan sucking, so now you got Ethan elsewhere. Be happy.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 19, 2007, 03:52 AM
AOTI EP2 has two completely abominable missions: 1) HIVE switch, and 2) Moatoob beast boy.

Weeaboolits
Dec 19, 2007, 03:57 AM
Yes, those missions are horrid, I wish they would die.

The rest o the game is good, though.

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 06:39 AM
Ep.1 was garbage.

Ep.2 was epic.

what on earth is this discussion about

dragoon-girl
Dec 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
On 2007-12-19 00:52, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
AOTI EP2 has two completely abominable missions: 1) HIVE switch, and 2) Moatoob beast boy.

The hive switch wasn't that bad, Beast boy was horrible though...

Meyfei
Dec 19, 2007, 09:51 AM
the beast boy... took me nearly 2 freakin hours >.< i completed thanks to a kind person in these forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and thank you for helping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif