PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Blade/ Card question...

Poncho_Jr
Dec 17, 2007, 11:48 PM
Since I'm a Newman, I won't be able to for lonnnng time...
Anywho...
Has anyone reached up to a point where they have been doing 500-600 damage per blade.
Weakness, Level 4 buff.debuff can play a role as well.

If you can...
1500-1800 per swing= I wish they woulda boosted my ATP to like they boosted TP for Gunners. D:

oooWaveooo
Dec 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
most i've hit is 500 per blade using a lv 25 fire bullet on ice creatures. I'm using a lvl 83 Beast Acrofighter with solid power.

yes I use cards on my acrofighter, they work well

gryphonvii
Dec 18, 2007, 12:05 AM
I love cards, damn near perfect accuracy and ever since the stat drop on monsters I've been able to freeze, burn and infect everything from jarbas to drua gohra, I only do about 270 on an acrotecher and above 350 on a WT, female human by the way.

Criss
Dec 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
As a 110/15 Beast GT, I deal well over 500 x3 dmg per card shot with the right element. That's on average on lv 100+ monsters with lv 21+ buffs and no debuffs.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 18, 2007, 12:15 AM
It looks Cards are one of the better, even though it'll still always be that "Card vs. Crossbow" war.
It was always my opinion...
Card...
ATA: High
ATP: Moderate

Crossbow...
ATA: Low
ATP: High

Cards win...

Aviendha
Dec 18, 2007, 12:58 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:15, Poncho_Jr wrote:
It looks Cards are one of the better, even though it'll still always be that "Card vs. Crossbow" war.
Card...

Crossbow...

Cards win...

It really depends on what you want to use the weapon for. Xbow doesn't miss much on GT/fG because of their high base ATA, so it still performs very well. Xbow does higher SE and covers crowds well. Its a small shotgun with strafing, so its built for crowds and such. Cards are homing which makes them much better for things you'd rather stay away from, such as Jarbas and Gaozorans, as well as homing easily on a dragon's head. Xbow is better the majority of the time, but Cards are better for certain situations.

Xbow is not too useful to FI because their melee is better in most of the situations when Xbow is at its best, while Cards are very useful to AF in situations when melee is not ideal.

As a Human Female 97 AF 15 I hit for 400+ with level 11 cards.

HaydenX
Dec 18, 2007, 01:23 AM
Funky.GUN (human male AT) uses Yousei Shiki on his Ageha-Senba and (GRM 9* card or 8* can't remember). Kills galmoros dead. Also use insei shiki on Deljabans...kills 'em dead. Fun weapons to use, esp. on dancing enemies and De Ro Le.

dogg1000
Dec 18, 2007, 01:35 AM
On 2007-12-17 21:15, Poncho_Jr wrote:
Card...

Crossbow...

Cards win...

xbow ata isnt low, as a beast fortegunner i hit probably 80% of my shots with a lv 28 pa. Plus xbow deal dmg faster so imo xbow > cards...

gryphonvii
Dec 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
xbows are more effective up close while cards are good at ranged, so it depends on your play style and class.

Syl
Dec 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-12-17 20:48, Poncho_Jr wrote:
Since I'm a Newman, I won't be able to for lonnnng time...
Anywho...
Has anyone reached up to a point where they have been doing 500-600 damage per blade.
Weakness, Level 4 buff.debuff can play a role as well.

If you can...
1500-1800 per swing= I wish they woulda boosted my ATP to like they boosted TP for Gunners. D:

I do 570+ as a Caseal aF (tested with lvl 3 buffs at lvl 110/13) but that's with a Mira-kikami+10 and all my cards are 30+

I've had my cards capped since forever but I've only got ice and fire at 32 and 34 respectively. Haven't really been playing GT so haven't really got the chance to just level them.

Last time I checked though, I was doing 500+ with my fire cards and lvl 3 buffs as GT. It was awesome.

SolRiver
Dec 18, 2007, 02:45 AM
It is possible to speed up the card animation by making a shot standing still then immediately move a strafe step and shoot again. That technique is most beneficial to weapon with slow animation/high delay. The movement remove the delay almost completely.

Card benefit far more than xbow with that technique, but I am not sure *exactly* how much difference that makes; I will say it gain my favor for the cards.

Axe gain huge benefit as well, however axe as a melee weapon which rely largely on PA for its DPS can not benefit it nearly as well as 1 handed range weapons. (as this technique does not work well with PA) Unless you plan to 1 normal hit continuously.

Addark
Dec 18, 2007, 05:34 AM
I'm a level 108 human Acrofighter with level 25 dark card... It's just a Mira-kikami, grinded twice. I do 550-600 damage per blade to any enemy. It's been a while since I've fought light-type monsters so I'd have to get back to you on that. x_X