PDA

View Full Version : Which Techincs should I focus on first?

Flamingo99
Dec 18, 2007, 02:14 AM
I just made a Force, which I will eventually make into a fortecher. I want to know which two offensive technics I should focus on in the beginning. Later on I will max them out of course, but I want to hear your opinions.

Right now I'm leveling all the Diga (they seem to be the strongest) and Barta (mainly for tagging).

I can see the positive aspects of Foie technics (the burn SE) and the Zonde technics (paralyze, lightning looks cool xP).

Which two should I level in your opinion. If it doesn't matter let me know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Norris
Dec 18, 2007, 02:19 AM
If you're playing an FT, Diga and Zonde. If you're playing an AT, Reverser and giresta/resta.

Diga is pretty powerful. And zonde can deal good damage at higher levels. Not to mention it looks totally badass at 31+. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2007-12-17 23:20 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:28 AM
When I first started, I hated how all the techers I played with used diga, so I didn't buy it. I leveled foie and radiga instead, but pretty much used everything but diga evenly. That was a mistake, a few weeks ago I started leveling diga, and it is massive... and I don't have ANY maxed out techs.

I think if I could do it again, I'd do diga and gizonde as my main offensive techs... and for tagging you really really want a handgun, it's faster and more accurate than barta. Right now I'd LOVE a maxed out gizonde... mine's very small.

I like how Chuck sneaked in his opinion that ATs should level support techs even though you asked for offensive techs to level, lol. But no matter what you do, you want to start resta early, it's not that easy to level... shifta and deband take a while as well unless you want to dedicate a weekend to buff parties.

Flamingo99
Dec 18, 2007, 02:32 AM
Oh i forgot to ask this too. Is the 16% damage increase when you equip a rod with all the same elements really that beneficial, and does the % increase at all with better equipment or higher leveled techs?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 18, 2007, 02:35 AM
On 2007-12-17 23:28, Raine_Loire wrote:
I like how Chuck sneaked in his opinion that ATs should level support techs even though you asked for offensive techs to level, lol.

I only said it in case he would try AT, or if any new AT's looked in here. >_>

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:40 AM
lol sure sure cover all your bases...

and to answer your question, Flamingo, I've never found the % boost to be worth losing the convenience of resta on every rod. I always have

top button: resta
left button: primary attack tech
R+ top: reverser
R+ left: secondary attack tech

Everything within easy reach... which is why fortetechers should have had the highest support levels- they can use rods, and it's easier to buff if you just have a buff rod instead of having to work them into your palette.

Flamingo99
Dec 18, 2007, 02:45 AM
I normally have Resta and Reverser on a Wand. A little bit more casting speed and i can have the extra 16% for my offensive Rods... though I have died (and my team mates) from switching to Wand and being too late, so having it right on the Rod seems nice. I'll compare the difference in damage and see if its worth it.

Thanks so much for the help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedMussel
Dec 18, 2007, 02:45 AM
Gi- spells so you hit everything around you.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 18, 2007, 02:53 AM
On 2007-12-17 23:40, Raine_Loire wrote:
which is why fortetechers should have had the highest support levels- they can use rods, and it's easier to buff if you just have a buff rod instead of having to work them into your palette.

I don't see you're point. Put a Madoog and a Wand together, there's a faster buff rod.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 18, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-12-17 23:53, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2007-12-17 23:40, Raine_Loire wrote:
which is why fortetechers should have had the highest support levels- they can use rods, and it's easier to buff if you just have a buff rod instead of having to work them into your palette.

I don't see you're point. Put a Madoog and a Wand together, there's a faster buff rod.

Uh yea, acts like a rod but many times faster <<;

Shou
Dec 18, 2007, 03:03 AM
Since lvling techs takes forever, it can become really frustrating.

*AT FIRST ONLY LVL YOUR FAVORITE TECHS OR THE ONES YOU THINK LOOK THE COOLEST / MOST FUN TO USE*

Indica
Dec 18, 2007, 03:23 AM
Foie & Diga are the most powerful single spells.