PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still do this?

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 04:24 AM
Well i just got done playing with a friend i had not seen on PSU for a long time.Well before 1up and AoI release.They asked if anyone of our old friends was still on sadly they were not.

The main reason they asked is that we all used to role play together.Also it seems this is true in general for other Rpers and RP groups it just fell apart i spose.I love to RP and i am sure some others do here as well.So i figured now that AoI is out and people are trickling back in who else still RPs or is interested in trying it out?

Also i have found that the AoI story is PERFECT for RP.I mean what better way to have characters sudenly meet or old friends(as was mine and my friends 'characters' cases)find each other than amidst a disaster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2007-12-18 01:28 ]</font>

SonKevin
Dec 18, 2007, 04:30 AM
I wish I knew the story better to RP. I always thought it would be cool to RP in PSU, but I never knew if anyone did it. Imagine a group of people meeting and roleplaying with each other.

Shardio
Dec 18, 2007, 04:31 AM
Sounds great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Addark
Dec 18, 2007, 05:32 AM
If I cared enough to role play it'd be amazing. The character customability is amazing compared to any other MMO I've played... You really CAN be your own character, whereas in games like World of Warcraft everybody. looks. the same. >.> Yeah, you can give your Troll different tusks, but at 70, you're going to have the same exact armor as everybody else.

SonKevin
Dec 18, 2007, 06:13 AM
So yeah! Let's do it! Let's RP.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 06:55 AM
I never tried it before but I know some people that do.

Enigmaloner
Dec 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
Pick a Server and a time and im In ^_^ Havent Rped a character since playing a FF8 M.u.D. ^_^
Itd Be great to get this Going Ill happily Write up a Few Storylines If nobody minds, Get my typing fingers back in action

Laranas
Dec 18, 2007, 11:10 AM
I don't roleplay, but I am a writer and have developed backstories for all of my characters (and some friends' characters as well).

Kichi
Dec 18, 2007, 11:12 AM
I'd love to join anyone who's RPing at some point. It would be tons of fun!

JAFO22000
Dec 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Me and a friend try to RP, but the rest of our party just laughs at us, so we get discouraged....we're really good at RPing too......

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 01:37 PM
Wow awsome well PM times you all are free and ill post a time and date so we can all get together.

Also post if you on 360 or pc/ps2.

Im on ps2/pc server myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2007-12-18 14:50 ]</font>

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 05:50 PM
bump for those who might not have seen this

Sinue_v2
Dec 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
I tried RPing a few times, but it quickly degenerated into stupidity and we could never get anything done because of the innane chatter. Grinding missions repeatedly does not make for an engaging RP experience.

Occasionally I'll see a "Nei" character when playing my NM-3084 character and start going off on them and trying to kill them. Most of the time they'll just run away or call me an asshole, but once in a while I'll find someone who plays along.

I wouldn't mind giving it another shot eventually, since my characters have fairly in-depth backstories, but it'll have to wait till I reactivate my account.

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
Haven't RPed in quite a while. Still working on my main's story. I have it all planned out, I'm just a slow writer, it's also the only piece of fiction I've ever written. I don't typically like fan fiction so writing out her story is a bit painful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Of course, the casual atmosphere of PSU brings out the casuals, the "LOLOLO Rping is for nerdz OLOLO!!" crowd. They certainly know how to kill the mood quick. It's a shame too. The cut in chat, thought/shout bubbles, and story all lend themselves very well to roleplaying.

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 08:43 PM
Oh how i understand that.However on a few occasion i got people to play along thats the trick to geting more people to RP.Just do it around them and show em how much fun you can have( i also love bluring the line to 'drag' them into it XD).Well tonight sometime me and a friend will be "investigateing" whats going on at AMF HQ.Pm me if your interested in it,since this is a private investigation by 2 AMF officers guardians or rouges >.> are welcome.

Teh_pozzum
Dec 18, 2007, 11:34 PM
I would probably only role-play if I could somehow make my character look like a bear... I really want to be a bear >.>

DraconisWRX
Dec 19, 2007, 12:49 AM
I've never really RP'd myself, but have wanted to try and see how it goes, I had a post about a meet/greet even this friday 12/21 night at around 7PM MST so if you want to do something then, that would be great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif