PDA

View Full Version : Giresta or Megid?

Deiser
Dec 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, so I'm doing the story missions for the PA fragments. Problem is, I know you can only do them once so once I buy either Giresta or Megid, it'll be AGES before I'll be able to buy whichever one I didn't pick. What're your suggestions?

I'm an AT btw, with a general mix of buffs, debuffs, healing and nuking. I only use whips if I'm bored or playing story missions. Just in case this helps you guys suggest one of the two for me.

tirith
Dec 18, 2007, 09:37 AM
i personally went giresta first... has a good heal range, casts fast, regens, and raises the dead <doesn't seem to work on yourself if it casts after you die though> and i managed to lvl it up to 31+ very quickly,

on the other hand i've gotten megid and it is taking a while to lvl up, it's fun to play with though, send it through a mob of 6 go bajilla and watch as they die way before they should =)
it also helps make sure you hit a bunch of mobs before the goofs with the slicers kill em all off.

i think it really depends on how you play your char.. if you're heavy for support go girest, if you would rather go for offense grab megid

my 2 meseta

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 09:41 AM
AT? Giresta. Make yourself stand out, be useful!

majan
Dec 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
giresta. it levels super-fast. using a har quick and madoog(har quicks go for very cheap now) I got mine to 21 in less than 50 mins and the buff party wasnt even full for most of the time. not sure how fast itll hit 31 but if you leave it at 21 and let it get there naturally I guarantee it wont take veyr long either. the regen stacks now so if you dont take hits for a while,the first damage you take is recovered immediately by the regen that's accumulated while your HP was full. really useful.

megid on the the other hand jsut makes life a little bit easier. you will be using it against things that, as a techer, you can deal good enough damage to anyway. i.e badiras and small enemies which are consumed by dambarta and the like, and machines which techers can kill ably with technics. granted,machines will die faster with megid because of low STA, but if you dont run a lot of machine missions like grove or desert goliath,there isnt a huge pressing reason for any techer to have megid,the way there is a pretty good reason to have killer shot as a gunner.

StkDrowsy
Dec 18, 2007, 09:53 AM
gi-resta......i finnaly got 99 pa frags, and i was in the same place as you. i went with the gi-resta route, becouse i leveled it to 21 in an hour. so i mean its better jsut to buy it now and get it out of the way. very nice for ll s2s, when ppl die

Hiro_Kurisake
Dec 18, 2007, 09:57 AM
Whoever just said Gi-resta CASTS fast... is a nub. It has terrible casting time w/o a quick unit... >.>;

Bolvyn
Dec 18, 2007, 09:58 AM
Giresta all the way.

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-12-18 06:57, Hiro_Kurisake wrote:
Whoever just said Gi-resta CASTS fast... is a nub. It has terrible casting time w/o a quick unit... >.>;

I see your problem. Do you?

Hiro_Kurisake
Dec 18, 2007, 10:05 AM
So what? Somebody said it has a fast casting time when last time i saw Giresta by itself... it was pretty slow.

daniel_drago
Dec 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
people poeple people calm down, do u seriously think, prolly the best support tech is going to be quick? yeh it wont be really slow but it wont be the quickest tech on the game either, understand that it was made at that cast speed to balance out the fact that ur bringing back the dead, which in the real world is not a done thing ITS WRONG VERY VERY WRONG.........im sorry ive gone mad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hiro_Kurisake
Dec 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
And obviously i dont see my problem, so why dont you explain?

pikachief
Dec 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
i dont ever use a quick unit and i dont think it casts slow at all :/

gryphonvii
Dec 18, 2007, 10:17 AM
even on a rod the speed is allright, and really it heals more than resta for me and levels up so much easier, I don't have to have a slot on my pallete for moons either which is always a plus.

StkDrowsy
Dec 18, 2007, 10:29 AM

......well since the new mission, har/quicks are very common...so its a bit of common sense n()()B

Weeaboolits
Dec 18, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'd say giresta, thouh megid is a solid offensive tech, no longer having a reason to carry moons is priceless.

EternityAngel
Dec 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
Wait a minute; I heard that you can get 10PAs for each story mission and there are 10 story missions in total with two parts so; if that total is equilvalent to 200PAs (assuming you are starting from the beginning of each one and run the way through without missing out on the times needed and of course buying the PA when it reaches 99); wouldn't you have the chance to get both? That way you can have both of them and decide for yourself which one is better ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EternityAngel on 2007-12-18 07:53 ]</font>

Deiser
Dec 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-12-18 07:50, EternityAngel wrote:
Wait a minute; I heard that you can get 10PAs for each story mission and there are 10 story missions in total with two parts so; if that total is equilvalent to 200PAs (assuming you are starting from the beginning of each one and run the way through without missing out on the times needed and of course buying the PA when it reaches 99); wouldn't you have the chance to get both? That way you can have both of them and decide for yourself which one is better ^_^

Hmm, I see your point. However, you have to also take into consideration two things: First, the enemies are far stronger in the later story missions than earlier (and it doesn't help that NPCs are incompetent), and second, the missions become imo harder to pull off an S rank in, especially THAT DAMNED MAZE FINDING THAT DAMNED BEAST BOY WHO DAMNED SHOULDNT HAVE RUN AWAY IN TEH FIRST DAMN PLACE DAMN IT GAAH!

......sorry about that. Bad memories.

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-12-18 07:05, Hiro_Kurisake wrote:
So what? Somebody said it has a fast casting time when last time i saw Giresta by itself... it was pretty slow.

Another problem.

Anywho. Not sure if you have seen the AotI GiResta, but its casting time is fast. With even an Me / Quick, it's just as fast with resta.

Now with my har / quick, even with a rod I cast as fast as my resta from a wand.

As stated before, Har / Quicks are uber cheap now.

tirith
Dec 18, 2007, 12:21 PM
i said it cast fast... may have been my error, never cast it w/out a me/quick, and now that i have a har/quick it's only faster.

majan
Dec 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:10, Rashiid wrote:

Another problem.

Anywho. Not sure if you have seen the AotI GiResta, but its casting time is fast. With even an Me / Quick, it's just as fast with resta.

Now with my har / quick, even with a rod I cast as fast as my resta from a wand.

erroneous. giresta is leaps and bounds faster than it used to be, but its still slower than resta,not by much,but by enough to let people die even though your reaction was in time but the spell took an extra half second to cast. its very minute, but good support teching requires very fast reflexes and when people die despite you reacting fast enough its rather frustrating. giresta causes this,but all it takes is a little bit of getting used to. my reccomendation is putting it on a madoog. it heals for just as much and goes very well with reverser. madoogs make extremely efficient support tools.

chaostroop3
Dec 18, 2007, 12:57 PM
megid all the way.... alot of pepole are not forces thogh and only care if you heal them.........mabey...... anyway i have miged and i love it =]

Ken_Silver
Dec 18, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'd go for giresta, and I am too. But I had to buy Majarra first so that PA frag runs would be much faster. Now I have to get 90 frags in order to get it. Good to know that it'll be worth it.

Weeaboolits
Dec 18, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:56, majan wrote:

So what? Somebody said it has a fast casting time when last time i saw Giresta by itself... it was pretty slow.Another problem.

As stated before, Har / Quicks are uber cheap now.erroneous. giresta is leaps and bounds faster than it used to be, but its still slower than resta,not by much,but by enough to let people die even though your reaction was in time but the spell took an extra half second to cast. its very minute, but good support teching requires very fast reflexes and when people die despite you reacting fast enough its rather frustrating. giresta causes this,but all it takes is a little bit of getting used to. my reccomendation is putting it on a madoog. it heals for just as much and goes very well with reverser. madoogs make extremely efficient support tools.It doesn't matter as much if they died just as you were casting, though, since it would then immediately revive them, though they would lose their buffs. ;o

Minamo
Dec 18, 2007, 03:54 PM
First of all, why don't you play some easy S2 missions to get PAFs? In the story missions you can only get once (10 PAFs) for each A trial but there are no limits in free missions.

I think you are strong enough to earn PAFs in free missions as you have done the more difficult story mission trials.

-----

About the question. I got megid first before since I used to be FOneweal (XD). It is my wish to use it again so I had chosen it.

Later I got the giresta. It is true that the exp for its level up is very low. Therefore, as a result my giresta level is 35 (When I was AT but now I am FT) and megid level is only 29.

Only when you really like it like me, you should choose megid. Otherwise you should choose giresta.

DJK711
Dec 18, 2007, 04:08 PM

ummm gi-resta with a har quick and acro techer is almost as fast as resta i cast it almost instantly

razkal
Dec 18, 2007, 05:13 PM
Giresta first, then Megid

You can get Giresta to 40 in 4 hours or so.

JeanDirk
Dec 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
If you want to be a cool techer, with a great offensive tech, youll choose megid

On the other hand, if u want to be every body's slave pet.... giresta

Feelmirath
Dec 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
I would personally say Megid.

I dunno, Giresta just seems to be Resta version 2 to me (and I still prefer Resta for the range)...

unicorn
Dec 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
You really don't need EITHER. If you were looking for a damage tech, I would say Nosdiga is the best anyway. But whatever. I guess at some point you're FORCED to use up your PA frags.

Giresta is better for AT. The regen pwns, really....

Rashiid
Dec 18, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:56, majan wrote:

Another problem.

erroneous. giresta is leaps and bounds faster than it used to be, but its still slower than resta,not by much,but by enough to let people die even though your reaction was in time but the spell took an extra half second to cast. its very minute, but good support teching requires very fast reflexes and when people die despite you reacting fast enough its rather frustrating. giresta causes this,but all it takes is a little bit of getting used to. my reccomendation is putting it on a madoog. it heals for just as much and goes very well with reverser. madoogs make extremely efficient support tools.

Fascinating. That is exactally why all techers I know use Giresta as resta now....

Espcially AT. Giresta >>>>>>>>>>>>> Resta as AT. Personally, you are a foolish AT if you use resta over Giresta >.<

Poncho_Jr
Dec 19, 2007, 03:22 PM
I would go with Giresta.
Quicker casting time then before.
Less PP usage then before.
Longer HP regen then before.

Does that sum it all up?

Esufer
Dec 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
Giresta, everything dies too fast for Megid to be worth it at the moment.