PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Help with AT race choice.

erra
Dec 18, 2007, 01:41 PM
I just started playing the game again, I played for about 3 weeks when it first came out, and decided to try again with all the new content.

I've decided i want to be an archotecher. I took my level 31 or so Newman-M and got him that type and started using whips, and really enjoyed the buff/debuff/whip style of gameplay.

I have a level 10 Cast-F that I also like, but I really only have the time for one character.

My problem is I don't know which to use as my AT. I really enjoyed the melee combat and buffing/debuffing, but my concern is that switching from Newman-M to Cast-F I basically eliminate Attack-Tech's as an effective part of my character.

Can my character be versatile/effective enough with just support/debuff techs and whips/sabers/cards?

Is the ATP upgrade from Newman-M to CAST-F really significant enough for the change? I don't like the way Beasts or Cast-M's look, so those are my choices.

Basically I worry my evil sorcerer looking Newman-M will be -too gimp- with whip damage. That's my biggest fear, is that my whip will be significantly worse, because I enjoy the weapon.

Hope someone can give me some help/advice! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: erra on 2007-12-18 10:44 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
you can't learn attack techs as a cast?

majan
Dec 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
human. they are best suited for the versatility, and AT is a very versatile class. though you take a little dip in stats and no SUV or nanoblast,they do excel in getting a little bit of everything right. transfer the appropriate PA's from your other characters over to the new person and try out a human. female if you think youll be heavily relying on technics,and male if you think youll be doing more melee.

majan
Dec 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:43, Raine_Loire wrote:
you can't learn attack techs as a cast?

you can,but lets face it,casts have horrid technic power. you couldn't really expect a hell of a lot from a cast's attack techs in terms of damage.

SE and buffing on the other hand are just as effective. even resta/giresta isnt that bad on a cast,and acrotecher has a decent TP multiplier so what little power the casts do have in that department is amplified decently.

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
If you are asking us which is better stat wise just quit the game now. You will save yourself alot of hassle later on down the road when the allegedly inferior choice outshines you for whatever reason.

Either pick a race you like or don't pick one at all.

PS: LOL @ Whips and damage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MetalIdol876 on 2007-12-18 10:49 ]</font>

erra
Dec 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
You can larn them, but the damage is pretty much crap as they have terrible TP.

Human is a thought, if I can make one that doesn't look like a retard anime boy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

erra
Dec 18, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:46, MetalIdol876 wrote:
If you are asking us which is better stat wise just quit the game now. You will save yourself alot of hassle later on down the road when the allegedly inferior choice outshines you for whatever reason.

Either pick a race you like or don't pick one at all.

PS: LOL @ Whips and damage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MetalIdol876 on 2007-12-18 10:49 ]</font>

Actually, I like both of them. That's why I -don't- want to be a Beast or a CAST-M, because I don't like those races at all. I just want to know which of the two would be most effective. I don't think that's really a terrible thing?

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2007, 01:53 PM
The only attack TECHNIC you're really going to need is Megid. And that is only for the SE, not the damage. A CAST would be fine if you just want to play support/melee.

A Human is all-around and better suited to the job IMO. Restarting after only 10 levels wouldn't be bad at all. Just stay away from Newman, they really suck now.

Broodstar1337
Dec 18, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:46, erra wrote:
You can larn them, but the damage is pretty much crap as they have terrible TP.

Human is a thought, if I can make one that doesn't look like a retard anime boy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remember who made this game. The Japanese. Their entire artistic style is anime.

Kylie
Dec 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:43, majan wrote:
human. they are best suited for the versatility, and AT is a very versatile class. though you take a little dip in stats and no SUV or nanoblast,they do excel in getting a little bit of everything right. transfer the appropriate PA's from your other characters over to the new person and try out a human. female if you think youll be heavily relying on technics,and male if you think youll be doing more melee.

I agree. But a newman would do fine at it, and a beast would be okay. CAST would be the last race I would choose for AT, personally, but it's up to you.

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
Newman: Superior Tech damage
Beast: Superior Melee
Cast: Melee that will actually hit something
Human: Who cares. They are boring.

The difference between male and female of the same race is only noticable to power gamers and elitists. Of which I currently know none. Which is great because I only do 13,000 to big enemies with a single Anga Jabroga. Those Male Beasts do 13,300. Elitists who boot for inferior stats scare me. ;_;

Being a lv51 Beast F is hard. I've not been kicked once, but so many locked games in my level range... :

MetalIdol876
Dec 18, 2007, 01:59 PM
It doesn't matter if you can't hit for more than 200 without JA. Using a shock whip and keeping everybody at full HP because nothing can attack is where AT shines. Tech and Melee damage is secondary to this ability and support.

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:53, Sychosis wrote:
The only attack TECHNIC you're really going to need is Megid. And that is only for the SE, not the damage. A CAST would be fine if you just want to play support/melee.

A Human is all-around and better suited to the job IMO. Restarting after only 10 levels wouldn't be bad at all. Just stay away from Newman, they really suck now.

;_; I suck...

But yeah- human is a good way to go for what you're looking at... Make an Ethan clone! There aren't many of those!!!

erra
Dec 18, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:59, MetalIdol876 wrote:
It doesn't matter if you can't hit for more than 200 without JA. Using a shock whip and keeping everybody at full HP because nothing can attack is where AT shines. Tech and Melee damage is secondary to this ability and support.

That's actually the part I liked the most was keeping everything even the robots shocked so nothing could hit anyone.

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:00, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2007-12-18 10:53, Sychosis wrote:

;_; I suck...

But yeah- human is a good way to go for what you're looking at... Make an Ethan clone! There aren't many of those!!!

Don't worry, I suck too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 18, 2007, 02:21 PM
I think everybody can do pretty good with the class. Even Newmans since the melee and SEs aren't bad, but the Acrotecher Technique Power is super surprisingly good. If you play an Acrotecher don't forget your abilities at attack techs as well as your defensive ones.

An AT with a wand and a nice shoulder bot can be a very very dangerous thing out there. It doesn't overkill techs like the fTs do, but they certainly do like they USED to do in techs alone. They can be tech-chucking monsters even if they decided to forgo melee, for the time.

Still, it's always best when you can use a good breadth of abilities, for the class. It's this class in which I could agree (with the human bonuses, as well) that humans absolutely rock the class. Other races can do well with it, but humans have that class that actually can have people say that they are the overall best at. You don't get that everyday, as a human, so enjoy the heck out of it.