PDA

View Full Version : The Guardian's Code

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
An idea I was kicking around greatly inspired by the MH Hunter's Code. A general etiquette code for PSU players. Suggestions, ideas, constructive criticism, etc...is greatly appreciated.

The Guardian’s Code

1. Introduction before request.
Always say hi or introduce yourself before requesting quests, items or advertising a sale or need. People generally don’t give a damn what you want if they have no idea who you are. It’s called online etiquette.

2. Be prepared (supplies, PP charge)
In general, everyone is responsible for their own supplies. If you forgot to restock on mates or charges usually someone will lend you a few but don’t make a habit of it. If they lend you all of their mates and charges then they won’t have any for themselves.

3. Watch your health.
Always watch your health especially against larger monsters. There are many things out there that could kill you in one or two hits if you’re not at full health (especially in S missions). If you see your health starting to drop or you think the next hit could kill you try to heal up before jumping into the fray. If you need a heal and there’s a techer in your party, most people don’t mind if you ask politely and move toward them. You’re the one who needs the heal not them, and you’re not going to get healed if you say “Heal now!” over and over again. On that note techers are not your personal heal slaves, out of the many of techs that exist only two of them heal (Resta and Giresta) and only one removes SE’s (Reverser).

4. Listen to your elders.
If you’re just starting out, level 15 or so, and a level 60+ character gives you some advice it would probably be in your best interest to listen. While this is not true in all cases, and you should always exercise common sense, it is generally a good idea to at least listen. I am by no means saying that you should always listen to someone just because they are higher level than you. As I stated before use your common sense, not every high level player is reliable and/or knowledgeable.

5. Elders, don’t be stupid and arrogant.
Just because you’re level 100 or so doesn’t mean you run the place. There are other players around and it’s a good idea to just be generally courteous or at the very least not a complete jerk. If a low lever player is genuinely looking for help or an answer to a question, at least try to help them out. This by no means implies that you should impose your level as a rank or status and think you are better than any other player. It’s entirely possible that a low level player has another higher level character, maybe even higher level than yours.

6. Room Rules
Always read the rules of any room before entering. They are in place for a reason and if you have a huge problem with them then you should not join that room.
a. Item Distribution
Item distribution is one of the easiest things to check before entering a room. It’s common sense people, if you don’t like Give Finder don’t join games set to Give Finder. It’s usually acceptable to request a change of item distribution if you’re with a group of friends but in random groups it may not be as welcome.
b. Death
Ever since the addition of the “No Death Penalty” patch this topic has been hotly debated many times. If someone dies and you want to retain your S-rank then you are obligated to revive that person. If you feel that the cost of reviving them would be more than the cost of losing the S-rank then by all means let them return to the lobby. Just because you die though don’t expect people to drop everything they are doing to revive you. Some people still resent death in a party and will chew you out just the same. Basically if you die in a party, no big deal just wait to be revived. It’s best to try to stay alive as much as possible since death will still evoke negative responses.

On a side note, if you die in a party with a techer it is never the techer’s fault that you died. I haven’t seen this happen as much in PSU but if you die it’s your fault for not healing fast enough or getting close to the techer so they can heal you. Just because they can heal doesn’t mean that’s all they’re doing. The only case where this may not be true is if the techer refuses to heal.

7. Typing
While interaction with others is one of the main points of online play you should also focus on the task at hand. If you’re in the middle of a fight with a boss/mid-boss or in a room full of enemies then maybe you should save the typing for later. Go for it if you’re just running or not in any immediate danger but do you really want to lose a scape doll or make someone else revive you just because you were typing? Generally speaking, English is the language of choice (excluding the Japanese on the 360) so it’s a good idea to type it well. Most people don’t respond well to “Hai guys dis mssion is ub3rl33t! I is t3h gr8est pl4yer on dis game!” It makes you sound like an uneducated moron having a seizure while typing. On the 360 typing in inappropriate situations is not as prevalent due to the use of headsets, though there are a lot of people who don’t use them.

8. Take the tutorial if it’s your first time.
If you’re new to the game or just online mode it’s a good idea to take the tutorial. In addition to providing you with basic knowledge of the game, you also get the Rising Strike PA (1,000 Meseta Value). It also saves you time and energy dealing with the tons of bad responses you’re likely to get from some higher level players for asking questions that were already answered in the tutorial.

9. Don’t be race/class/elitist.
A. Harassment
If you harass another player based on their race/class/level you’re an idiot. I know some people joke around with others about it, that’s perfectly fine people need to know how to take a joke. Most people won’t take kindly to something along the lines of “Why would you choose to play as a beast? You completely suck because of that, I refuse to play with you.” or “Wow you’re such a noob because you play as a CAST.”
B. Kicking
You should never kick another player from your party on the sole basis of their race/class. If you kick someone out of your party based on level, as long as you can justify it, it’s fine. If you want to play by yourself or playing with just friends lock your room or put it in the mission comment. Legitimate reasons for kicking someone are, but not limited to: constant death, lack of participation (wanting a free run) and general douche-baggery.

10. Try to let others tag.
If you’re a high level player in a low level party try to let others tag so they can get exp. If you’re just running through or rare hunting then it’s not a big priority. Try to be considerate of the exp needs of other players.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-12-18 11:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-12-19 11:25 ]</font>

Reipard
Dec 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I am all for a standard and don't mean to be the rain on a sunny day but I don't think this will work or be adapted to any degree.

At any rate, how about instead of the 'lol try not to die' take on Death, we instead take a route that doesn't put the person who died in a negative light; because as much as people love to admit otherwise purposeful death doesn't happen. Nobody rushes in intending to get nuked and taken out of play for any amount of time unless they're caek bombing (and THAT should be frowned on).

'If a party member dies, don't be a jerk and clear the freaking room before resurrecting them' or 'If a party member dies during a boss fight, be kind enough to revive them before you kill the freaking boss'.

Edit: I will note that certain situations do put death in a negative light. When someone just isn't paying attention and dies a lot, it does become a problem.

If someone's constant death is bringing down party performance, then it is an understandable problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-18 11:42 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 18, 2007, 02:41 PM
I like rule 9 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
not really crazy about the "listen to your elders" part... it's something a lot of players get caught up in... a 13 year old level 100 is still a 13 year old punk.

Since I'm probably in the top 1% of old people on these boards, "listen to your elders" would mean that you ALL HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME... Mwah hah hah aha

You really REALLY can't equate high level characters with being mature, knowledgeable, or good at the game.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
Well what I meant by that is that a higher level player usually DOES know more about the game than someone with a less than level 20 character who just started. I also put in there that you should always use common sense as well.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-12-18 11:56 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Dec 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
You forgot rule 34.

ErtaiClou
Dec 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:01, Fox_Makenshi wrote

b. Death

On a side note, if you die in a party with a techer it is never the techer’s fault that you died. I haven’t seen this happen as much in PSU but if you die it’s your fault for not healing fast enough or getting close to the techer so they can heal you. Just because they can heal doesn’t mean that’s all they’re doing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-12-18 11:27 ]</font>
Agreed. If you go into non-blue beast mode across the room and are going to need healing assistance, please ask. Don't die and say "WTF healer!" You can't expect a techer to mind-read or babysit the entire time.

Ken_Silver
Dec 18, 2007, 03:11 PM
Honestly, I think that all of the rules up here make sense. Of course you note the unspoken rule of any rules that "there is always an exception to the rule" but after putting that aside, I think that Fox has a great idea in mind. I mean, personally those are the goals that I go by anyway. Besides, if people followed these rules, you'd have a better community. And plenty of people complain about the community.

doubleEXP
Dec 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
Nice ideas. Most of them are common sense, or at least, they should be common sense, haha.

My favorite thing about the way you post is how you sign your posts:

Love,
Fox Makenshi

PALRAPPYS
Dec 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
Logical.

But as for the healer part... of course they can't always heal you, but if you're standing next to the techer for at least 5 seconds and you have <30% hp and you die by an attack, then there's a reason to be a little mad at the techer.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
Keep in mind guys this is only the first draft, I'm definitely going to take your suggestions into account and maybe make some changes or add sections to it.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

MattMattic
Dec 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
gunners code: Shoot First Ask Questions last

RACast_Raiden
Dec 18, 2007, 03:21 PM
Since when did we have rules like these?

On 2007-12-18 12:19, MattMattic wrote:
gunners code: Shoot First Ask Questions last

Tha's already a common sense for those who hold guns...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RACast_Raiden on 2007-12-18 12:22 ]</font>

ErtaiClou
Dec 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
It's common courtesy for healers to start healing others when nearby. I should have added that to my post. The incident that I'm refering about hasn't happend in some time, but has happend before on several occasions.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 03:54 PM
But that doesn't mean that they HAVE to. Common courtesy == Obligation

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Pentence
Dec 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
I think this needs to be stickied and no i am not jokeing people simply DO NOT bother even useing these simple lines of etiquette.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Dec 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
7. Typing
Generally speaking, English is the language of choice (excluding the Japanese on the 360) so it’s a good idea to type it well. Most people don’t respond well to “Hai guys dis mssion is ub3rl33t! I is t3h gr8est pl4yer on dis game!” It makes you sound like an uneducated moron having a seizure while typing.

I wish more people heeded this. I absolutely ABHOR lolspeak. -.- It's even worse when people decide to use "lol" in place of punctuation. >.>

Sinue_v2
Dec 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:51, Broodstar1337 wrote:
You forgot rule 34.

My favorite rule. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sadly, there isn't much R34 stuff out for PSU. Not like there was for PSO anyhow. I do have a great picture of Lou doing some... well... wrong place for that.

Well what I meant by that is that a higher level player usually DOES know more about the game than someone with a less than level 20 character who just started.

You should probably look more at someone's player ID number than their level then. A lvl 15 alt who started the game a year ago could well have more knowledge about the game than a lvl 70 main who started four months ago. And since I'm older than Raine (by like a month), you should listen to me.

... Maybe I should change my avatar to one of Grandfather Dorin?

Complex_Jao
Dec 18, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:45, Raine_Loire wrote:
not really crazy about the "listen to your elders" part... it's something a lot of players get caught up in... a 13 year old level 100 is still a 13 year old punk.

You really REALLY can't equate high level characters with being mature, knowledgeable, or good at the game.

Just because im lv.110 and 13 dosent mean im a punk. I take things in a more mature way than most people my age and im knowledgeable from a game stand point and a life stand point.

superdood22
Dec 18, 2007, 07:30 PM
wow no way, I love the drama in PSU!!

PALRAPPYS
Dec 18, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-12-18 15:56, Complex_Jao wrote:

On 2007-12-18 11:45, Raine_Loire wrote:

Just because im lv.110 and 13 dosent mean im a punk. I take things in a more mature way than most people my age and im knowledgeable from a game stand point and a life stand point.

I must agree, I have a few 13-year old friends, but it doesn't mean that they're punks or crap like that. It does annoy me that many people are now "agist."

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
So it seems there are a lot of concerns on the section about death. Are thereany changes you guys would like to see there, or anywhere else?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 18, 2007, 07:53 PM
Etiquette? On my Internet?

Not fucking likely, sorry to say.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 18, 2007, 08:24 PM
Can someone make this a sticky?

(not sarcasm)

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 08:34 PM
[b]On 2007-12-18 11:01, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

If you’re a high level player in a low level party try to let others tag so they can get exp. If you’re just running through or rare hunting then it’s not a big priority. Try to be considerate of the exp needs of other players.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

About 10, what if promise to watch their blind spots during hords.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 08:37 PM
[b]On 2007-12-18 17:34, Noblewine wrote:
[quote][b]On 2007-12-18 11:01, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

Love,
Fox Makenshi

About 10, what if promise to watch their blind spots during hords during a C rank mission. One shot or swing of my weapons and I'll 1hit kill a monster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-12-18 17:37 ]</font>

Turambar
Dec 18, 2007, 08:41 PM
Just a note, rule 9 is rather ironic since, well, having a Code of Conduct is a rather elitist stance itself.

With that said, I agree fully.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry ><

Aviva
Dec 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
i think that most people follow most of these rules....people that are flat out ass holes .... just dont play with them...or tell them to come read this post LOL

oops i did that LOL punc. thing you hated...let me fix that
LOL. better?
sorry i had to! ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviva on 2007-12-18 18:05 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-12-18 17:41, Turambar wrote:
Just a note, rule 9 is rather ironic since, well, having a Code of Conduct is a rather elitist stance itself.

With that said, I agree fully.

I don't think it's elitist because I'm not making people follow it and I'm not saying that those who follow it are superior to those who don't. There can be some damn good players who are total assholes. This is more like a list of general guidelines that are good to follow if you want to be welcomed very well into the online community.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Helly
Dec 18, 2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds like to much work! I'd never remember all that and some it just don't sound real fun anyways. Besides~ ever since that thing became president of the Guardians, Helly resigned from being one so there!

Turambar
Dec 19, 2007, 12:48 AM
My point was actually more that elitism isn't something automatically bad. It's not automatically a scourge upon the earth that some try to spin it as. Elitism is the idea of setting standards that is meant to make those following it a step above those that don't. In your case, "welcomed very well into the online community." It doesn't have to be restricted to the elitism that people rant about so much everywhere. Of course, that's just my take on the term.

Esufer
Dec 19, 2007, 04:21 AM
The only code I live by is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AnamanaAU
Dec 19, 2007, 04:33 AM
Awesome code / etiquette. Especially the part about high level players, however, I see too many elitist high levellers acting like you owe them something. Just because they don't have other responsibilities and let the game rule their lives, does not mean others have to do the same and earn respect.

As for keeping healed, I had a moronic player join a party yesterday and didn't heal himself unless you yelled at him to. He died like twice, because of this. I pretty much told him, "This isn't WoW".

Weeaboolits
Dec 19, 2007, 04:51 AM
On 2007-12-18 12:06, ErtaiClou wrote:
Agreed. If you go into non-blue beast mode across the room and are going to need healing assistance, please ask. Don't die and say "WTF healer!" You can't expect a techer to mind-read or babysit the entire time.[/quote]Yes, Resta has limited range, please keep this in mind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Though what really annoys me is when people use their mates and antimates when I'm standing right next to them spamming resta and reverser. >_<

Stop wastin' your items, you'll need them when I'm far away. D:

Raine_Loire
Dec 19, 2007, 05:14 AM
On 2007-12-18 15:44, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Well what I meant by that is that a higher level player usually DOES know more about the game than someone with a less than level 20 character who just started.

You should probably look more at someone's player ID number than their level then. A lvl 15 alt who started the game a year ago could well have more knowledge about the game than a lvl 70 main who started four months ago. And since I'm older than Raine (by like a month), you should listen to me.

... Maybe I should change my avatar to one of Grandfather Dorin?

Bah- a month- since women are automatically more mature than men, that month means nothing. So we're back to everyone listening to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-12-18 16:32, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-12-18 15:56, Complex_Jao wrote:

I must agree, I have a few 13-year old friends, but it doesn't mean that they're punks or crap like that. It does annoy me that many people are now "agist."

OK... let me clarify... First, I picked the age 13 out of my ass. I could just have easily chosen any age between 10 and 18 and not changed what I posted. 2nd, I don't mean punk like- IDK- the music type, nor do I mean you're out smashing the neighbor's mailboxes. When I was 13 and a freshman in high school, I was on the debating team, and my "senpai" always told people around me to take everything I said with a grain of salt. She always said "She's 13- she means everything she says now but she's not old enough to hear herself." I SOOO resented that when I was 13! And 14, and 15 and even when I graduated, I remember thinking "HA! She didn't know what SHE was saying! I regret nothing!" But once I hit my 20s, I would think back and think... Yeah, I was full of shit.

Perspective changes when you age, and my point is you cannot apply "listen to your elders" to a video game. For instance, there are a few people on this board that are higher leveled than I am and so full of sh** they squeak.

But that's just my opinion. Which brings me to my next point. This whole lengthy tl;dr code could be summed up more easily in 4 very short rules guidelines.

1) Take responsibility for your own health and status first and foremost.

2) Use common sense for every situation, and common courtesy as much as you can.

3) Be polite to others and remember that they aren't NPCs, they are actually people.

4) Have fun, and conduct yourself in a way that allows others to have fun as well.

Turambar
Dec 19, 2007, 06:05 AM
On the point of age, it is convenient, and somewhat unavoidable, to have certain preconceptions of those younger, partially because of rationality, and partially because of experience.

On rationality, it is rational to think that a 13 year old is going to be less mature than an 18 year old, just as it is rational to assume my college professor is more knowledgeable on a subject than me, or that a parent is more responsible than the child. This are general rules. It does not mean they are no exceptions to them (there most certainly are), but it is far easier to start out with a preconception and change your views based on the person. It is a fact of life on how with deal with people in general.

On experience, it is as Raine said. We know how obnoxious certain 13 year olds can be because we were once 13 and we know how obnoxious we could be. Taking myself as an example, I acted like a know it all brat that simply didn't know how to listen to those far wiser than he, thought age and experience didn't matter and all that mattered was his own knowledge, and ended up paying the price for it. From that experience, we know the possible failings of those at the age we once were. That does not mean everyone of that age has the same failings we had. It does however mean we can be a bit more, insightful, into the issue.

Edit: See, this is what happens when I take breaks in between finals essays. My brain is still on overdrive and I end up typing everything that comes to mind, even if much of it is just rambling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-12-19 03:07 ]</font>

Miakyo
Dec 19, 2007, 06:24 AM
On 2007-12-18 21:48, Turambar wrote:
My point was actually more that elitism isn't something automatically bad. It's not automatically a scourge upon the earth that some try to spin it as. Elitism is the idea of setting standards that is meant to make those following it a step above those that don't. In your case, "welcomed very well into the online community." It doesn't have to be restricted to the elitism that people rant about so much everywhere. Of course, that's just my take on the term.

I agree to this post strongly. If someone does have that overseeing benchmark over you as a player you'll usually take the helm and make the "Elitist" remark.

Gaming Elitists are indeed a valuable part of any community. They create the stepping stones for the newer, less experienced players to achieve within any online title.

There is always negativity however. Although they are valuable, the stereotype usually comes to fruition. Some elitists do take their position too strongly; And it creates the backfire. Their attitudes and general respect to most newer gamers hit the rear end of a dog.

There always going to be around. But with that said, there'll always be the good ones; It's only the bad ones that get noticed. Because we suck on the teet of Miss Drama.

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 06:54 AM
Your forgetting :

11. G.I.R.L.
Guy In Real Life. Dont be fooled.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
I was thinking about putting that in but I felt it didn't fit.

Anyways updated code. Changed: 4, 5, 7, 9 and Death (side note)

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Weeaboolits
Dec 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-12-19 03:54, RemiusTA wrote:
Your forgetting :

11. G.I.R.L.
Guy In Real Life. Dont be fooled.I don't see why people even worry about this, if you're trying to use PSU to pick up chicks, that's your own problem.

Raine_Loire
Dec 19, 2007, 04:15 PM
I like the part about kicking due to douche baggery

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 20, 2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah, I didn't feel like listing ALL the ways someone can be a douche bag so I just kinda put it all in one term.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Raine_Loire
Dec 20, 2007, 06:32 AM
There are far too many ways to list anyway.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 20, 2007, 06:39 AM
Any problems with the newer version though? jw

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ErtaiClou
Dec 20, 2007, 12:20 PM
Looking pretty good.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 20, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm glad you think so, I did my best to revise it without changing it completely.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
Not supposed to double post but w/e.

1.So how do we go about getting this stickied since a few people think it should be?

2.bump http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Raine_Loire
Dec 21, 2007, 07:29 AM
Like many things on these forums, the people who need to see them will never even know of their existence...

And about getting it stickied, IDK maybe pm a mod?

amtalx
Dec 21, 2007, 07:57 AM
First of all, I'm setting a link to this topic as my F1 shortcut in PSU.

I say make it the 10 Commandments of Uni 15. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ErtaiClou
Dec 21, 2007, 01:26 PM
How do I link this to my sig?

amtalx
Dec 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-12-21 10:26, ErtaiClou wrote:

I use magic, but for beginners, I recommend using a [link] tag. Google "bbcode" and you'll find all sorts of crazy stuff you can do.

Kylie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
There are ways that I handle situations due to my character and upbringing, things that aren't going to change anytime soon. What I mean is that I've got my own code that seems to work, so I'm set. It would be nice, however, if most of the ruder randoms I've encountered followed most of this etiquette. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kila1221
Dec 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
also note that not all people have keyboards so dont rush everyone into a response its rude

Raine_Loire
Dec 21, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-12-21 10:29, amtalx wrote:

I use magic, but for beginners, I recommend using a [link] tag. Google "bbcode" and you'll find all sorts of crazy stuff you can do.

TEACH ME THE MAGIC!!

amtalx
Dec 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:13, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2007-12-21 10:29, amtalx wrote:

TEACH ME THE MAGIC!!

I can't decide if my response should be worth Renegade or Paragon points...

ErtaiClou
Dec 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
Nah, Thanubis trumped amtalx this time.

Shou
Dec 21, 2007, 05:26 PM
with AoI, everyone can afford to buy scapes. havn't seen anyone die withought one since it came out o.O

Alizarin
Dec 21, 2007, 05:30 PM
More like they drop more often. I haven't had to buy one in forever, and I usually get a stack of 2-3 just doing C -Rank runs.

ErtaiClou
Dec 21, 2007, 05:39 PM
Actually I get so many scapes I try to keep them in stock and undercut NPC prices.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 21, 2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for supporting the Guardian's Code, I really appreciated it. Glad I could finally do something constructive for the community. It doesn't bother me if there are people out there who don't like it, don't follow it or don't know about it, because if I can at least help out some of the community it's worth it.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ilovetypemoon
Dec 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
Just my two cents.

Don't be too stingy with your mates. That extra 200 or so HP you're trying to milk out of that trimate might cost you 5000 for a scape rather than the 500 you would spend on a trimate. ;_; Sad times.

gurmlk
Dec 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-12-18 11:01, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
On that note techers are not your personal heal slaves, out of the many of techs that exist only two of them heal (Resta and Giresta) and only one removes SE’s (Reverser).

Once I saw that statement I thought about my arcotecher because he is everyone's personal heal slave. I designed him to focus on healing my fellow party members over anything, and I'll even put myself in great danger to heal my partners when using him. Every one of his weapon slots has a madoog equiped that has resta and reverser, and paired with them are 4 whips and 2 wands equiped with nosmegid and noszonde for fighting flying enemies. I do understand fully what you're saying though. I usually focus on healing myself at first and only start to rely on a techer to heal me if the techer seems quite reliable for doing so on his/her own, which some are.