PDA

View Full Version : Hikai Shuha-zan vs Bukuu Saien-zan

beatrixkiddo
Dec 18, 2007, 06:15 PM
Considering one isn't available yet, the current winner is Hikai Shuha-zan.

edit: OP deleted his post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-12-18 15:19 ]</font>

Dana
Dec 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
I love Hikai, I find if very useful, and with a little practice, the 2nd PA hit can be nasty. I always have Hikai set to one of my daggers. About the other PA >_<;; I dont know. But, Hikai is very good imho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)b

-Xios-
Dec 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
Well... Since all I use are single daggers I use Bukuu Saien-Zan (40). I like it a lot but I have not yet been able to try Hikai Shuha-zan since I am not sure its worth the 25PA Frags. It seems to do less damage then Bukuu but it seems to be a lot faster. If anyone else has any info on Hikai Shuha-zan please let me know =P

PALRAPPYS
Dec 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
Bukuu is a dagger PA? I thought it was Single Claw?

Chaobo99
Dec 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
If all you use is single daggers get all 3 arts..plus 25 frags isnt much..I cant find a spot to fit all my PA frags in...and my techer,ranger,and hunter all have ult arts :/..Then again me and my friends run runs abnormally fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;
As for info,it hits faster..its a really good big creature killer cause its fast and the 2nd combo is killer so your not very likely to get stopped in the process of your move(At least i never get stopped)The first move..if i remember correctly is 4 strikes to 2 creatures points?(Pluss the dmg mod is higher than the initial single dagger art)

Miyuki-chan
Dec 18, 2007, 08:11 PM
Bukuu Saien-zan is the unreleased 1h Claw PA, not to be confused with Buten Shuren-zan which is the 1st 1h dagger PA.

The first parts of both Buten and Hikai are the same number of hits (4 hits x 2 targets) although Hikai hits a little harder and executes faster, and both end with a knockdown.
The big difference is with the second parts of the two. Buten's 2nd part is 4 hits x 2 targets and ends with a pretty big knockback, it's also very very mobile and easy to land.
Hikai's 2nd part on the other hand is fairly awkward to aim as it pulls back away from the enemies and also knocks back on every hit of this part, because of this I've never personally been able to count the actual number of hits on it. Part 2 of Hikai is also very fast in the exectution as well.

Pillan
Dec 18, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-12-18 17:11, Miyuki-chan wrote:
Buten's 2nd part is 4 hits x 2 targets

It's 4 hits to 3 targets. Just a minor correction.

Hikai's 2nd part on the other hand is fairly awkward to aim as it pulls back away from the enemies and also knocks back on every hit of this part, because of this I've never personally been able to count the actual number of hits on it.

It's 3 hits to 2 targets. I rarely get all 6 unless I'm surrounded or fighting a large mob.

Zael
Dec 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
I can hit with Hikai's second attack pretty fine. It's not too hard if you know what you're doing.

gryphonvii
Dec 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
the trick really is to land behind an enemy while charging the sonic roll and perform a sort of mid-air turn to hit most times

Miyuki-chan
Dec 18, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-12-18 17:16, Pillan wrote:

Buten's 2nd part is 4 hits x 2 targets

It's 4 hits to 3 targets. Just a minor correction.

Hikai's 2nd part on the other hand is fairly awkward to aim as it pulls back away from the enemies and also knocks back on every hit of this part, because of this I've never personally been able to count the actual number of hits on it.

It's 3 hits to 2 targets. I rarely get all 6 unless I'm surrounded or fighting a large mob.

4 x 3 on 2nd part of Buten is even better than I rememeber, thanks for correcting my mistake, I seem to be doing that a lot recently (probably due to my work schedule and the time I get stuck out to sea).

As far as Hikai, I think the only time I've ever been close to getting all the hits on part 2 is against things like Polavohras (when they don't swat/stomp me out of it).