PDA

View Full Version : Registering tonight

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ive got a family member let me use their credit card until i get mine through so will be signing up in a bit. Any advice for someone starting out? Ive got to chapter 4 on the offline game and it all seems quite complicated. Also anyone want to add me as a friend my xbox live name is the same as this one.

Reipard
Dec 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
There is a tutorial you can access by talking to your PM. Highly suggested you run that through once.

Next order of business should be to do Chapter 1 of Episode 2 Online. You get the goggles from Laia.

Then go to Linear Line from Clyez City 4th floor and try and level up a bit ^_^. Join parties!

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks. Is it best to try t with the normal game first or pay for the add on straight away?

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 02:00 PM
Agh, ive just tried to play for the first time and i can tconnect to the serers. It did this to me with the demo too. Anyone know why this might be?

Fresh
Dec 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
is it interuption request if its that just exit out and go back in but i haven't seen that happen in a month or too so if its anything else it might be your connection or the servers are down right now...... one other thing if you like the story mode and demo get aoti unless you think your going to quit soon then don't waste the money....

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
Yes its that error, i tried going in and out. It did the same with the demo and i never got it to work. Is it possible its my NAT settings? Its moderate and i cant change it, do i need open?

Soulvayne
Dec 19, 2007, 02:25 PM
You should be able to get in with a moderate NAT setting, you might need to change you DNS settings however.

Fresh
Dec 19, 2007, 02:37 PM
your nat has to be open or you won't get on i forgot what you have to change it too someone on here will know or wait until i get off work and i will let you know what it has to beif you want me to do that for you send me a friend request and i will help you out

hyp
Dec 19, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-12-19 10:50, Reipard wrote:
There is a tutorial you can access by talking to your PM. Highly suggested you run that through once.

Next order of business should be to do Chapter 1 of Episode 2 Online. You get the goggles from Laia.

Then go to Linear Line from Clyez City 4th floor and try and level up a bit ^_^. Join parties!

is episode 1 available online if i've already upgrade to AOTI?

hyp
Dec 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
so is episode 1 essentially the offline story mode of the original PSU release?

Miyuki
Dec 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
AoI has access to all available online story modes, Ep 2 and 3

Soulvayne
Dec 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-12-19 11:37, Fresh wrote:
your nat has to be open or you won't get on i forgot what you have to change it too someone on here will know or wait until i get off work and i will let you know what it has to beif you want me to do that for you send me a friend request and i will help you out

Thats not necessarily true I've played for months with it on moderate I just had alot of interupt requests trying to log in until I switched it to Open. If your nat is closed there probably is no way get on though.

Xefi
Dec 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
my advice is to have FUN and dont take things seriously online. That is all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Miyuki
Dec 19, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-12-19 11:43, hyp wrote:
so is episode 1 essentially the offline story mode of the original PSU release?

AFAIK, it is - haven't finished offline yet. I think there are 10 parts to Ep 2. Only the first chapter of Ep 3 is available.

Fresh
Dec 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-12-19 11:47, Soulvayne wrote:

On 2007-12-19 11:37, Fresh wrote:

Thats not necessarily true I've played for months with it on moderate I just had alot of interupt requests trying to log in until I switched it to Open. If your nat is closed there probably is no way get on though.

you just said the same thing i did in different words lol

hyp
Dec 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-12-19 12:59, Miyuki wrote:
AFAIK, it is - haven't finished offline yet. I think there are 10 parts to Ep 2. Only the first chapter of Ep 3 is available.

thanks miyuki!

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
Right, now im stressed. Spent the last hour or 2 trying to sort out my router settings and have done it, xbox live connection test now says my NAT settings are open. Thought that would be it but no! I still cant connect, get the same interrupt message. Please help!

hyp
Dec 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
did you download the AoI pack as well? if you did and you upgraded to the expansion, you can't access the "xbox live" option from regular PSU. you have to hit "yes" when it asks if you want to load up AoI. don't know if that helps any. =

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
No i decided to try it out first before payig for the expansion, glad i did now. Still cost £7 for nothing though as it isnt working.

hyp
Dec 19, 2007, 05:19 PM
here's a link to the official technical support board of PSU:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewforum.php?f=14

maybe they can help you?

Mattblaah
Dec 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
YAY!!!! I just had to change the dn settings on my console. Found the answer on the official phantasy star site. Thanks for the help guys, see you in the game.

Miyuki
Dec 19, 2007, 05:22 PM
BTW, I would recommend playing Ep3 chapter 1 on B or A difficulty - get rank S and you'll get nifty Maya and Lumia wall posters for parts 1 and 2 respectively. Can be repeated for multiple posters.