PDA

View Full Version : At what level should I start leveling my PM?

Vendemiare
Dec 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
I just started the game, and keep seeing people have their PM all maxed out and what not.

So at what point is it suggested to max it out?

I also plan on being a Fortefighter, if that makes any difference.

Warren683
Dec 20, 2007, 08:30 AM
Do it as soon as you can afford it comfortably. It also helps to have a PM relative to the kind of fighting you're intending on doing, like a striking PM for a fortefighter and a technic PM for a techer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

doubleEXP
Dec 20, 2007, 09:19 AM
People will laugh at me, or call me cheap, but whatever.

I just got back to this game (and started fresh) a few weeks ago. Like you, I'm a Fortefighter. I've got my PM up 68 striking now (will be 80 tomorrow!) and I haven't spent 1 meseta.

All I do is make 25 characters a day (one at a time, overwriting them as I go). Just the default male human. I just click ok on everything. I name him Pawn Sacrifice, lol.

Anyway, I make 1 male human (the default character), unequip his sword and saber, and then put the sword, saber and his 5 monomates in the common box.

I do that five times. The fifth time I don't put in the monomates (only holds 20 at a time anyway).

Then I feed the pm the 20 monomates and THEN the 10 weapons (5 swords & 5 sabers).

Then I do that again (make 5 humans, put swords/sabers/monomates in common box).

Then I feed the pm the 20 monomates and THEN the 10 weapons (5 swords & 5 sabers).

Finally, I make 15 characters. They all add their sword & saber to the common box, plus the first two each add 5 monomates.

Then I feed the pm the 10 monomates and THEN the 30 weapons (15 swords & 15 sabers).

So, that's 100 items. The net result is +4 Striking and zero to everything else.

As you're feeding you notice the monomates each add +4 Striking and +1 Technic, but then when you feed the weapons they each take off 1 Technic (but also add +4 Striking). So, in the end, you get 4 levels of striking per feeding session. You can feed your PM 100 items every 12 hours. So in just over 2 weeks you can get a level 100 PM for 0 meseta.

I'll never do this again, haha, but for just starting out its nice since it doesn't drain your money. I just listen to my iPod while I feed the PM. I've got the whole process down to about 25 minutes per sesson.

Later, if you want to raise additional pm's (for synthing reasons) in your other slots (on other characters) you'll have a lot more money and can just buy better items to speed it all up. But when you start out, meseta is precious, and all that this technique requires is patience.

gryphonvii
Dec 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
I actually prefer to have support pm, A striker on my techer and a ranger an my fightr to best support that clas, but go with whatever you want just be ready for the long haul.

Seira7
Dec 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
We can switch PM types eventually when the EX devices come out, what I would do is make a pure striking by running missions and feeding it the weapon drops, and use the extra meseta to look for cheap 3 and 4 star (or more) weapons in player shops for PM food. If you want to solo, turn it into a 411 and bring Maya, then change it to a 450 series when we get the EX devices. But then again I just finished a quick and easy 454 to-day lol...I couldnt wait. (shes amazing in combat! XD...)I have 2 pures (ranged and striking) on my other chars though.

Spacepest
Dec 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-12-20 06:19, doubleEXP wrote:

Hahah, people can laugh at me and call me cheap too.

I made Nougami's armor PM the old fashioned way...I spent a few days out of the first week I had PSU dismembering casts for armor parts. At the end of the week I had my nifty, FREE armor PM while my friends, who were now 10 levels higher than me, were envious. And soon wanted me to synth all the armor boards they found. XD

Bolvyn
Dec 20, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-12-19 22:30, Vendemiare wrote:
I just started the game, and keep seeing people have their PM all maxed out and what not.

So at what point is it suggested to max it out?

I also plan on being a Fortefighter, if that makes any difference.

I would whait on what you what you whant. Sriking / Range / tech or aremer.
Make sher you have anuff mesta too.

Fatima
Dec 20, 2007, 02:49 PM
I can't remember, how long do you have to wait when the pm is full before you can feed it again? An hour?

Soulvayne
Dec 20, 2007, 02:57 PM
Fatima: 12 hours generally.

OP: As far as 100 stat pms go and % chance to successfully synth items its usually a striking pm, range/tech, then armor pm from highest to lowest percent to make something. So if you plan to be a fortefighter and only have one PM I would recommend going the striking pm route.

Vendemiare
Dec 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-12-20 06:19, doubleEXP wrote:

I just got back to this game (and started fresh) a few weeks ago. Like you, I'm a Fortefighter. I've got my PM up 68 striking now (will be 80 tomorrow!) and I haven't spent 1 meseta.

All I do is make 25 characters a day (one at a time, overwriting them as I go). Just the default male human. I just click ok on everything. I name him Pawn Sacrifice, lol.

Anyway, I make 1 male human (the default character), unequip his sword and saber, and then put the sword, saber and his 5 monomates in the common box.

I do that five times. The fifth time I don't put in the monomates (only holds 20 at a time anyway).

Then I do that again (make 5 humans, put swords/sabers/monomates in common box).

Finally, I make 15 characters. They all add their sword & saber to the common box, plus the first two each add 5 monomates.

Then I feed the pm the 10 monomates and THEN the 30 weapons (15 swords & 15 sabers).

So, that's 100 items. The net result is +4 Striking and zero to everything else.

As you're feeding you notice the monomates each add +4 Striking and +1 Technic, but then when you feed the weapons they each take off 1 Technic (but also add +4 Striking). So, in the end, you get 4 levels of striking per feeding session. You can feed your PM 100 items every 12 hours. So in just over 2 weeks you can get a level 100 PM for 0 meseta.

I'll never do this again, haha, but for just starting out its nice since it doesn't drain your money. I just listen to my iPod while I feed the PM. I've got the whole process down to about 25 minutes per sesson.

Later, if you want to raise additional pm's (for synthing reasons) in your other slots (on other characters) you'll have a lot more money and can just buy better items to speed it all up. But when you start out, meseta is precious, and all that this technique requires is patience.

Thanks a ton!

ThEoRy
Dec 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
Soon as you can really. I made the mistake of waiting too long. The money you earn by synthing items will more than pay for the cost of raising it. I failed to see that as the big picture early on.

KyokoHunter
Dec 21, 2007, 05:31 AM
I agree - having a PM to support me means I'm doing a lot higher missions now that I wouldn't have liked to solo on my own!

doubleEXP
Dec 21, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-12-20 12:37, Vendemiare wrote:

Thanks a ton!

You're very welcome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Btw, my PM is now level 76. When I feed it tonight it'll be 80!