PDA

View Full Version : So how's the game doing with AOTI?

Achaiah191
Dec 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
I'm a former PSU player and I loved playing it, but haven't really played it in a long time due to running the same mission over and over and over.

I was wondering how the game was doing since AOTI. It looks like most everyone is enjoying it, but what are some of the key highlights?

Does everyone just run the same mission over and over still? Or is it spread out? Is there a reason to do the other missions in the game or will I still be stuck grinding just one?

Has the framerate been improved upon on the XBox360? I found it almost unbearable to play in some areas(Mostly Moatoob, but wouldn't know much more because I stopped playing because of the slowdown).

Any answers to these questions would be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif A friend and I would like to start this game up again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

easy
Dec 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
buy a different game it is shit get a xbox 360 premium Gold subscription you can play on more games and its cheaper get halo 3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-12-20 17:43 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
its a LOT better and MUCH MUCH more fun! i say u spend at least $30 for teh game and a month of the subscript to make sure, but im pretty sure you'll love it ^.^

Eliash
Dec 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
There are still obvious hot spots but soloing is much easier. So if you ever feel like doing a particular mission by yourself you could of course groups will clear the mission faster.

There are reasons to do old missions: I.E. Relics for Psycho Wand, LL for Crea Doubles, and so forth but usually everyone flocks to the same mission and runs it at least 381,673 times before a new hot spot emerges. Personally, I either solo or group with friends so I can't say what the population is like at specific missions.

The frame rate seems slightly better for me, although there are some missions where you will get slowdown badly still (particular part in Lightning Beast that I can recall and the first Neudaiz mission has a bug which causes your xbox to want to kill itself) but in small groups I don't have too much of a problem with slowdown. It usually only lasts a few seconds for me.

The highlights of AotI to me are such:
New missions seem better thought out and planned (even though they are pretty much all reskins/remakes of old missions)
Bosses are more fun (especially the 10 second White Beast boss)
Some interesting monsters (again mostly reskins but also some missions with only 1 element for less switching and swapping)
Shop system (even though it's not AotI specific, I think this is the best addition to the game as of yet)