PDA

View Full Version : Vivi Danga: The Whip PA specifically made for badasses

Broodstar1337
Dec 21, 2007, 02:37 PM
- Hits harder
- Doesn't look like you're ribbon dancing
- Is a bitch to get JA down.

You pretty much gotta be the man in order to use this well. Like me.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:37, Broodstar1337 wrote:
- Hits harder

You pretty much gotta be the man in order to use this well. Like me.

ur sister is cute. lol.

one topic: might you have a video link or some stats (# of hits, accuracy at level 1, 11, 21, also whether it flinches/launches/blows away)?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fresh
Dec 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
You have to be a badass to get timing down on a video games? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fresh on 2007-12-21 11:39 ]</font>

AxelgearVII
Dec 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
All VIIF PA's are made specifically for badasses.

Broodstar1337
Dec 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apkVa4uXY18

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:42, AxelgearVII wrote:
All VIIF PA's are made specifically for badasses.

This is bad ass? In candyland maybe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfG289vEgw&NR=1)

Broodstar1337
Dec 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:47, Thanubis wrote:
Stats are at the bottom of this page (http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://pgr.sakura.ne.jp/m2/html/DB2FA5D5A5A9A5C8A5F3A5A2A1BCA5C42FA5B9A5ADA5EB.htm l&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG) and on this page (http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://pgr.sakura.ne.jp/m2/html/DB2FA5D5A5A9A5C8A5F3A5A2A1BCA5C42FA5B9A5ADA5EB2FA5 A6A5A3A5C3A5D7B7CF.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG).

For the record, the JA is one of the easiest.

Only because you're a badass.

amtalx
Dec 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
The PA was ripped directly from a bad western flick.

Biollante
Dec 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
LOL! 7f! still trying to get people to call em' that? fuckin' joke.

JAFO22000
Dec 21, 2007, 03:17 PM
Oh, I was gonna get this PA too....thanks for saving me the frags!

Feelmirath
Dec 21, 2007, 04:23 PM
It is indeed a REALLY awesome Jesusblade PA.
Best *however many frags I wasted* ever wasted.

Reginaldo
Dec 21, 2007, 07:28 PM
Anybody use a jesusblade pa that they don't like?

PALRAPPYS
Dec 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
About Vivi Danga...

Win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Easiest PA ever to level, and stupid-easy to JA. (HOW IS IT HARD?)

And I'm a silly little AT and I can hit 1100 on the second part. That's just odd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Miren
Dec 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
I find this PA is too stational and slow.
I mean when the first combo start, it hit all around you but not fetches tho, mobs can still atk you and break ur combo, also in between first and second combo (where you flip the whip crazy), it doesnt hit anything for like a second.

Dont flame me tho, I like the power of this PA when I got a grp of mob stick together so I can SE them while I solo, but I think it is pretty useless in a grp with ppl knockback (majarra, regrant).

superdood22
Dec 21, 2007, 07:44 PM
wow, its pretty much the same thing as the first Whip PA and absolute dance. :/

Miren
Dec 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
at least the first whip PA first combo hit all around you the instant u use it, this one lags for a little (flip the whip) first

Shadow_Wing
Dec 21, 2007, 08:07 PM
I actually like it for when I use whips, the first combo is a quick 4 hits, but the 2nd combo is something to be desired, the whole waiting for 2 seconds till damage start connection kinda does suck but the damage rocks.

Actually this one connects faster than the 1st whip PA at the start, the 1st Whip PA instead has a time delay in the 1st combo where the new one does not.

jcm5
Dec 21, 2007, 08:57 PM
[ Hits harder

You pretty much gotta be the man in order to use this well. Like me.]

wow another guy trying to dignify the fact that he is using a whip. and btw it still looks like ur ribbon dancing..

Broodstar1337
Dec 21, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-12-21 17:57, jcm5 wrote:
[ Hits harder

You pretty much gotta be the man in order to use this well. Like me.]

wow another guy trying to dignify the fact that he is using a whip. and btw it still looks like ur ribbon dancing..

No... no it doesn't.

Mewnie
Dec 21, 2007, 09:05 PM
Stop questioning broodstar's masculinity!

He's in a very delicate place :3

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
I'll just say that I like this PA compared to Visshi Grudda, but both are pretty good.

Lolitecher
Dec 21, 2007, 09:49 PM
I love both Visshi Grudda and Vivi Danger, particularly the twirl while walking animation of the former and the gigantic swing of the later ^_^ Hmmm... I wonder what a manly whip PA would look like, tie someone's head into a knot with it and pull really hard?

I'd be surprised if Team Sonic didn't make a whip PA that looks like skipping rope in the future just for the sake of humiliating people ^_^. Oh, but my character would love it ^_-

Helly
Dec 21, 2007, 09:58 PM
I dunno neither this or the first whip PA or whips in general seem very cool. They lack oomph! Yes whips are flexible but this is more ribbony then whippy! WT can use them right? Would it be worth it for me to give 'em a shot?

superdood22
Dec 21, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-12-21 18:05, Mewnie wrote:
Stop questioning broodstar's masculinity!

He's in a very delicate place :3

lol Mewnie u so fuuuuny.

F-Gattaca
Dec 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:56, Biollante wrote:

Here's an idea, guys ... And this is in reference to everyone who responded to Axelgear ...

If you don't want Axelgear getting his way by influencing people to use an ego-boosting self reference for the new PA names, stop helping him!

Seriously. Stop linking to his YouTube videos--find or make your own PA demonstration videos. Don't oblige pepople looking for the thread he made trying to spread the "VIIF" designation for new PAs, and don't link to it if people ask about the new PAs.

Calling the new PAs "Jesusblade PAs" isn't gong to stop his ambition, and you're only helping him if you link to his threads and videos.

XDeathX
Dec 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Ribbon Dancing eh? If using this PA makes me Gay, so be it. idc. I gots mah AMF tights on.

LETS DO THIS!

Reginaldo
Dec 21, 2007, 10:50 PM
Actually, the official name is Jesusblade PA's. I know, I was shocked too.

AxelgearVII
Dec 21, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-12-21 19:33, F-Gattaca wrote:

Here's an idea, guys ... And this is in reference to everyone who responded to Axelgear ...

If you don't want Axelgear getting his way by influencing people to use an ego-boosting self reference for the new PA names, stop helping him!

Seriously. Stop linking to his YouTube videos--find or make your own PA demonstration videos. Don't oblige pepople looking for the thread he made trying to spread the "VIIF" designation for new PAs, and don't link to it if people ask about the new PAs.

Calling the new PAs "Jesusblade PAs" isn't gong to stop his ambition, and you're only helping him if you link to his threads and videos.

lol @ the name being a more important issue than the information put forth. Some people might be taking it a liiiittle personal.

dance puppets dance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Reginaldo
Dec 21, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-12-21 20:18, AxelgearVII wrote:

On 2007-12-21 19:33, F-Gattaca wrote:

lol @ the name being a more important issue than the information put forth. Some people might be taking it a liiiittle personal.

dance puppets dance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Doesn't your internet ego make you a bit of a puppet yourself?

Furthermore, it isn't being taken personal, you just suck at naming things, and an overwhelming amount of people seem to agree with that.

If you had at least come up with something logical or at a minumum, something that sounded cool to the masses, then I'd wholeheartedly refer to the PA's by whatever name you had chosen.

The fact is, you seem to be trying to tie your clan's name into the name of AoI PA's from what I hear. Therefore it's nothing more then a shamless plug, which is pretty sad on your part considering how ironic it is you are calling others "puppets."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reginaldo on 2007-12-21 20:25 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Dec 21, 2007, 11:28 PM
I'll just have to do what the above member mentioned, and post new youtube links simply refering to the PA's new in AoI as Frag Pa's. A name which by all standards, at least has logic behind it.

Name something you created after yourself. Not the work of others.

Davot
Dec 22, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-12-21 16:28, Reginaldo wrote:
Anybody use a jesusblade pa that they don't like?

Ick hikk jesusblade pa is to slow for me.Other Jesusblade pas are good

Para
Dec 22, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-12-21 20:28, Reginaldo wrote:
I'll just have to do what the above member mentioned, and post new youtube links simply refering to the PA's new in AoI as Frag Pa's. A name which by all standards, at least has logic behind it.

Name something you created after yourself. Not the work of others.

Zorafim
Dec 22, 2007, 01:50 AM
This has to be the only good PA, possibly besides Bukuu, to come this update. It's strange how PAs we got a month or two after launch are working better than these new PAs that are more difficult to get.

Xencia
Dec 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
I like a couple of the new frag PAs,but it's alright if they're not as effective as the old ones. For the most part all of the new ones are extremely cheap in frag cost to buy.

On Vivi Danga itself,the damage is good,but I'm not so sure I like it more then the current yet. The lag before any hits appear on the second part might be an issue,as well as it being rooted. The walk on the second part of Visshi helps you tags things that you've knocked away with the previous attacks.

unicorn
Dec 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
I got it because it still looks like you're ribbon dancing.

:B

Krisan
Dec 22, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-12-21 20:20, Reginaldo wrote:
Doesn't your internet ego make you a bit of a puppet yourself?

Furthermore, it isn't being taken personal, you just suck at naming things, and an overwhelming amount of people seem to agree with that.

If you had at least come up with something logical or at a minumum, something that sounded cool to the masses, then I'd wholeheartedly refer to the PA's by whatever name you had chosen.

The fact is, you seem to be trying to tie your clan's name into the name of AoI PA's from what I hear. Therefore it's nothing more then a shamless plug, which is pretty sad on your part considering how ironic it is you are calling others "puppets."

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, right there. It isn't so much the principle what he was trying to do, as much as it is the name being dumb and him trying to force it continually.

"Ult PA's" caught on because they were a simple descriptive way of telling them apart from the other known PA's at the time.. "VIIF" really has.. no relevance toward anything at all. *shrugs* And frankly it just sounds silly anyway.. If anything, something like "Tier 2 PA's" or the like might have been better to try.. at least that makes some sense. (With Ult being Tier 1, and the basic PA's not being part of any tier.)

But bah, he'll do what he pleases no matter what is said. Not that it will amount to much.

Meakame
Dec 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
I don't like the new slicer pa, it just really sucks because its weaker and slower so don't waste your pa's on it

Broodstar1337
Dec 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
Alright, alright, you guys twisted my arm.

So Vivi Danga is easy to JA. I get it.

While I'm here retracting previous statements, I'm not the man anymore. It's too much of a bitch to get the second part of the combo down because in today's runs, your enemies will have either hit you out of the combo or will have been spread out all over the battlefield. So I'm back to using Vishi Gruuda.

batokage
Dec 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
personally i think the ikk hik and the new single claw PA are really hot. The single claw PA is extremely easy to lvl up to 11 (got it to lvl 5 by 3rd block of LL while soloing) and i believe has the widest AoE of any single hand melee weapon available to non-techers atm. Ikk Hik is just awesome cause its very high damaging. Maybe not too practical for soloing, but in a party, it rox. about 304% atp at lvl 1. I'm not disappointed with any of my frag PA's so far. My only let down so far has been chousei-sou from a while back...<.<

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 01:11 PM
*cough* JA isn't that hard on it for some people. :r

ghostn
Dec 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
Damn, I'm now gonna start using whips.

Gen2000
Dec 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
Much better than Grudda and you look less girly using it as a male. All around win.

As I also have a Fortegunner, I can't help but get jealous at it's speed of leveling too. I got about 5 levels off 3 mobs alone, that's dumb. Why can't ST cut Gunners some slack on PA leveling like that.

superdood22
Dec 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
what does VIIF mean?

superdood22
Dec 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-12-22 13:26, Thanubis wrote:

On 2007-12-22 13:24, superdood22 wrote:
what does VIIF mean?VIIF = retarded
oh

PALRAPPYS
Dec 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
Here's what I call them.

New Ultimate PA's.

What do I call the old ones?

Old Ultimate PA's.

NO WAI.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-22 13:32, Thanubis wrote:
A more elaborate explanation would be that it is a term that some idiot made up to disguise the fact that he simply stole information from other websites.

Axel must have been so ashamed at 'stealing' that information and making it more readily available that he made up the name as a thinly-veiled guise...or you're just an idiot.

I personally love the nickname since it makes the PAs very very easy to find on youtube. Why do they need a name at all? If you say "new claw PA" people will know what you're talking about.

On 2007-12-21 22:50, Zorafim wrote:
This has to be the only good PA, possibly besides Bukuu, to come this update. It's strange how PAs we got a month or two after launch are working better than these new PAs that are more difficult to get.

I disagree...sort of. Danga is great. Mostly the problem with these PAs is that they do a ton of damage...slowly. And they can hit more targets than usual PAs, making it hard to get max damage out of them. But that means they give FI/AF/WT some PAs for bosses to compete better with Jabroga. Cross Hurricane is 2.2.3 targets instead of 3.3.4 like Chuei and Renga, so its not a stretch for that one to be very good in general situations. Bukuu has highly unimpressive damage, so I dunno about that one.

On 2007-12-21 17:07, Shadow_Wing wrote:
the 2nd combo is something to be desired, the whole waiting for 2 seconds till damage start connection kinda does suck but the damage rocks.

This is only a problem for WT, as AT shouldn't be finishing their whip PAs outside of solo.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-12-21 17:07, Shadow_Wing wrote:
the 2nd combo is something to be desired, the whole waiting for 2 seconds till damage start connection kinda does suck but the damage rocks.

This is only a problem for WT, as AT shouldn't be finishing their whip PAs outside of solo.

For where whips are actually useful, I'd disagree with that statement.

F-Gattaca
Dec 22, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:07, Aviendha wrote:
I the nickname since it makes the PAs very very easy to find on youtube. Why do they need a name at all? If you say "new claw PA" people will know what you're talking about.

I personally don't. I don't like the fact he's egostically trying to brand a feature of the game with his clan's name, and I don't like his smug, obnoxious "Dance puppets, Dance! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif" attitude.

Sure, he's tried to disguise his ego by saying "Wow you're all taking it too seriously," but given that 'puppets' line and his constant self-referencing, his ambitions are pretty obvious.

I don't agree with Reginaldo's saying he's a puppet. Axelgear's a wannabe puppetmaster, trying to manipulate the community. "Any publicity is good publicity, and the more you complain and talk about the name I want you all to call the new photon arts by, the happier I am! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

That's why I said what I said; if you hate what he's doing, don't just snark about "Jesusblade PAs" or whatever. That's negative publicity for him.

Fight fire with fire and come up with something that's both functional and better, and don't give him any publicity. There's a lot of other designations that can be easily sought out on YouTube that aren't also a billboard ad for somebody's clan.

For example: "efrag." Expansion Frags. Very few hits on Youtube for that. Someone could easily make a set of videos that way.

Angelo
Dec 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-12-21 22:50, Zorafim wrote:

I'm surprised you don't like Chuei Jitotsu-shin.

It's all fish-like.

Zorafim
Dec 23, 2007, 06:38 AM
The first part is fish-like. The second looks like it came out of a bugs bunny cartoon, and the third is just pathetic.
Still, its got interesting mechanics.